Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Good, he thought. Would be a sorry state of affairs when visitors couldn’t respect the labors of the house keep. Many an afternoon, Maud had watched as his uncle re-tiled and re-grouted after broken panels laid shattered beneath the skirting metal feet of a protocol droid. Mom called that being a god send, but he sensed nothing but contempt from Gabe. Maud, on the other hand, saw the droid as something that was simply unnecessary.

He got to completing his task as a good son should, finding every nook and crevice that might have been touched by Gabe’s blood. On one hand, he found the act of cleaning to be something of a nuisance - he was particularly fond of dirt and the way it filled the grooves and prints of his fingers. But on the other hand, he understood and appreciated the predicament that Miss Cera was in. For all he knew, this was a charitable act to help keep the woman’s sanity.

Once finished with his job, he stowed the mop and bucket after emptying the dirty contents in the sink. He paid no mind to Destiny and his cleanliness. The mouse potato had a thing for computers and software but he knew how to clean, all the same. Mother had seen to that for all the children in the household.

Striding in, following his mother and the Captain, Maud smiled widely as he opened his arms to the nanny. Approaching, he offered a big hug that was returned in kind. She let out some guttural tones and he responded with a laugh, jovial smile outweighing any concern he had for this newcomer or his uncle. “Oh I can’t speak shyriiwook here, I’ll wake up uncle…” He teased. It was simply that he felt it wasn’t the appropriate time for such vociferous forms of communication. Opi’s was a more delicate and feminine approach, yet he hadn’t acquired the same elegance with the alien tongue.

She returned another growl and then nodded towards his mother and the Captain. Coughing, he turned with a hand against his mouth, as he nodded all the same. “Sorry...was it Captain Vrag?” He looked towards his mom, having heard her mention the name just moments passed.

[member="Aver Brand"] | [member="Avalore Eden"]

Frowning, Des leaned into the gentle touch of his mother. The knot in his gut felt a little less tight, but he couldn’t shake the image of his uncle motionless in the infirmary. Wasn’t the first time Gabe’d come home all beat up – but it’d been a while since it was this bad.

Avalore disappeared to the kitchen, and Destin disappeared through the front door—

only to be drenched head to toe as S’vora turned on him with the garden hose.

“Vora!” he yelled, sweeping dripping black strands of hair from his eyes. “What the heck! Stop— stop that!”

S’vora didn’t stop that. He switched to the focused stream of water, in fact, forcing Des to take cover behind a massive flowerpot next to the door. As he wrung out his clothes into a black puddle around his feet, the twin chanced a glance over the lush nysha blossoms.

“Coooome out, Destiny. Promise I’ll be nice!”

Dark eyes narrowed to slits. Elli be damned for ever conjuring up that nickname.

“Shut up Vora! Mom wants you inside and cleaned up and I’m gonna have to change again, ugh.” Des pinched the bridge of his nose. I live with troglodytes. “Dinner’s ready, okay?”

While the garden wars raged outside, Aver was wrestling her face into submission. Muscles twitched as she slowly turned to face the Jedi. She exhaled, put on her best Captain voice – “Vyrgg, ma’am. And that’s the best news I’ve heard today. I could eat a horse.”

[member="Gabriel Sionoma"]

There came a strained giggle from the Zelosian teen before the sound of the garden hose hitting the cobble path and quick feet pattering away signaled his retreat. S'vora trotted off around the Homestead towards the south gardens where, more than likely, [member="Ellifain Eden"] was also footling about. A side entrance would save him the wrath of his older brother.

"Vyrgg, my apologies," Avalore gestured with a wave of the hand towards the woman, "Captain Vyrgg, this is Opi and one of my sons, Armaud. You've met Emme, she's my youngest."

Opi issued a crooning welcome to Aver from where she stood at the kitchen counter by the stove peeling potatoes.

"Oh, Opi, here we'll take care of that. You have enough to do- Maud, Emme, come peel the rest of these carrots and potatoes for Opi. Emme bring your stool, Maud watch her that she doesn't nick herself with the peelers."

"Yes ma'am," Emme replied, leaning to place the last set of silverware on the table.

"You can take Gabriel's seat at the table, Captain. This one here at the head." Which meant she'd have Armaud to her left and Cerusia to her right, away from the enthusiasm of Elli and the curious questions of Emme, "Please have a seat, don't mind the frenzy. I usually have a husband and Gabe to help me round everyone up for dinner. Oh, Opi, no-no, don't use the same pan for Cera's meal, she's allergic to seafood, remember? Here, I'll take care of her and the salads. Captain do you want something to drink? We have water, tea, various juices...mead, wine, beer...?"

Mind wandered as she let herself drift further away, small form tucked tightly in a patch of grass and brightly colored tulips of purples and brilliant orange-yellows on either side. Daydreaming was a habitual habit for the teen and helped to keep her mind from focusing on darker thoughts that seemed to nip around the edges of the light. Though she shared love of plants and outdoors with Vora and Maud, she imagined she shared the potential to be more like Destin than she'd ever admit.

Lime-green eyes refocused as she heard Destin's cry and Vorsa's giggle. Dark, green streaked hair shifted along a pale face that proffered an ethereal glow. Light smile danced along her lips like the breeze shifting through the tulips.

Head perked up, grass and leaves stuck in the thick strands. Dirt spots speckled her clothing, a telltale sign she'd been outside nearly the entire day. "Coooooooming," impish voice called. Plucking a tulip, she skipped up to Destin and handed it to her brother, squeezing past in the door, leaving a small trail of mud from her dirty shoes inside.

Lime-green gaze settled on the stranger, realizing she'd missed a great deal outside.

"Mom. Who IS that?" she promptly sat down, looking up at the strange woman. Dirt caked the inside of her unwashed hands.

He gave a smirk at the correction, though subtle in reflection upon freckled face.

Vrag...Vyrgg. Not sure there was a difference...

Raking fingernails against his eyebrow, he offered a nod at the introduction between him and the Captain. "Nice to meet you..." And with that and a flare of the nostrils, he lumbered towards the sink with Phe at his side. While he didn't fear much, peelers seemed to be an almost cruel form of cutlery in the household. There was no other device that required such persistent and proximal utilization with a cutting edge. It was, in his opinion, somewhat baffling.

Kicking over the stool towards his left, he waited for his sister to hop up before handing her the peeler. Rinsing the first potato off in the running blue water, he offered it for her before taking his own. "Remember Phe, cut away from you..." He pressed the peeler against the carrot, holding it towards the large edge, and slid downwards. And orange strip unraveled, landing at the counter top. "You and mom have had enough injuries for the day I think..."

Looking over his shoulder, he smiled as his eyebrow lifted mildly. "Ellibird...you dragging the garden in with you?"

[member="Ellifain Eden"] | [member="Vrag"] | [member="Avalore Eden"] | @Captain Vyrgg | [member="Aver Brand"]

With a stiff back, the Captain took the proffered seat. Shet was getting better and better. The delicious smell of dinner was this evening’s sole saving grace – her stomach was all tied up in knots, hurting so much it barely hurt anymore.

“Water’s fine.” Last thing she needed was alcohol in this company. One slip-up… blue eyes closed for a moment. Best not think about that.

Elli was chased into the kitchen by a neon-green Des on her dirty heels, hands clenched into whitening fists. The tulip was all but forgotten. “I just cleaned that, you little—” the younger twin stopped in his tracks, quietly echoing the question his sister had blurted out.

Aver puffed out a long breath.

“Captain Vyrgg.” The name was starting to taste sour in her mouth. “I brought the Marshal here.”

Worst decision ever.

“Your uncle, I’m told.”

Kids just keep multiplying by the minute. How many of the little karkers did you need?

[member="Armaud Eden"] | [member="Avalore Eden"] | [member="Ellifain Eden"]

"Ellifain Eden you wash your hands and sweep up that mud you just tracked in," Avalore had eyes like a hawk. It was no bother for her to have dirty children - that meant they were active and engaged with their surroundings. But dirty children at the dinner table, with guests? Oh no. Nope. She affixed the girl with a motivating stare until Elli vacated her seat to do as told.

A short glance given as Destin walked in behind her, "Des ... why are you all wet? Where is your brother?" A beat. A blink. "Your other brother."

Goodness but this place was a circus.

Water, right. She distractedly grabbed a glass from the cupboard and filled it, moving to place it on the table before the Captain.

Emme quietly followed her brother's instructions and slowly peeled potatoes. After finishing one she drew a smiley face in it with her claw, holding it up for Armaud to see with a giggle.

Opi glanced over and burbled warm amusement.

[member="Armaud Eden"] [member="Ellifain Eden"] [member="Destin Eden"] [member="Svora Eden"] [member="Aver Brand"]

Svora Eden

S
"Yeah Elli." Svora said as he walked in on his hands, "Clean up after your stinky feet."

He tried in vain to put one of his own bare feet infront of her nose before he collapsed in a heep on the floor. He popped up with a grin and a slight green blush on his cheeks.

"I'm ok!" He declared cheerily before he rushed to the sink to wash his hands oblivious to the mud on his face, feet and parts of his long dark hair. He scrubbed quickly and gave his Mum a quick kiss on the cheek to distract her while he tried to steal a freshly peeled carrot from the counter. He was in rare form today it seemed as he looked at the still damp Destin and grinned.

[member="Armaud Eden"] [member="Aver Brand"] [member="Avalore Eden"] [member="Ellifain Eden"]

A Destin groan™ sounded through the kitchen as the younger twin rubbed a splayed hand over his forehead. Wet black hair still stuck to his skin like overcooked spaghetti. What an utter disaster.

At least he didn’t have to walk far for the explanation – right on cue, the culprit walked in. An accusing digit sprang into the air as Des’ cheeks grew dark with the burn of embarrassment. “Why don’t you ask Vo,” the boy hissed before brushing past brother-plant with a spiky elbow.

“I’m going to change,” he announced with a dramatic hairflip before disappearing upstairs.

Aver observed all this with a fixed expression caught somewhere between disgust and morbid amusement. Remembered to mumble a quiet thanks by the time the Jedi placed the glass in front of her – one she hastily put to her lips, if only so she wouldn’t have to answer any more questions.

Drink. Eat. Get the sweet kark out of here.

Baby steps.

[member="Armaud Eden"] [member="Avalore Eden"] [member="Ellifain Eden"] [member="Svora Eden"]

He smiled at the small achievements. Being that Emme managed to properly peel things and he did the same, all without losing any skin beneath the bent metal of this torture devices. Offering a nod, he smirked as he gathered up the various left overs and moved to the compost bin. He felt a pause rumble over him, like a breath that had been held for far too long. But it was a nervous panting that followed.

Stepping on the bin, it opened and swallowed the remains of the carrot and potatoes that were not for dinner. Unless one was a plant. Maybe Svora could enjoy them when he was finished causing trouble.

Stepping over to Emme, he held a hand at her back and nudged her. "Alright then, we're all done. Best find your spot at the table."

Turning, he absentmindedly looked towards his mother - who seemed to be managing the snafu of so many guests rather well. Maud kept his mouth sealed in regards to Destiny, who was complaining about something or another. Like water ever hurt anyone. "Uhh, Mom..." He laid the towel on the kitchen counter and approached the island. Looking over, surveying the domain of the dining room, he coughed. "Uhh, Uncle seems to be awake...or conscious. I guess the two are interchangeable, given the context..."
He looked towards the Captain and then to Opi. "Should I go help him up...he seems anxious?"

[member="Svora Eden"] | [member="Ellifain Eden"]| [member="Avalore Eden"] | [member="Aver Brand"]

[member="Armaud Eden"] [member="Aver Brand"] [member="Svora Eden"] [member="Avalore Eden"]

Lime-green gaze was locked on the stranger, curiosity lighting up her ethereal face like a nightlight in a dark room. "A captain? Like a pirate? Do you have your own ship? Do you have a crew? Is Uncle okay?" Endless questions tumbled from her lips even as she obediently slipped from the stool, knowing better than to argue with Mum. She got the look. And there was no arguing with that look. Elli didn't often get it but when she did, the impish girl knew better.

Then she got a face full of Svora's feet.

"Your feet smell like montauk rotting mushrooms!" The girl nearly yelled in a giggle, momentarily forgetting about her worry of Uncle. Skipping over to the sink, she washed up, then grabbed a broom and began dancing while sweeping. It was debatable how much dirt was actually cleaned up in her little game or just pushed around. She got most of it.

Snatching a carrot from Svora's hand, she slid back into her seat and began munching quietly. Like her brother, the pointy-eared girl didn't eat meat. However, she did eat sugar. Lots of sugar. Unfortunately, she couldn't sneak so much when mum was around.

"Ellifain, one question at a time," Avalore implored, shooting [member="Aver Brand"] an apologetic look, "we don't get strangers here very often. You'll have to excuse their curiosity."

A hand lifted to smooth Elli's hair as Avalore leaned to put a platter of finger foods on the table. Fruits, cut raw veggies, crackers, cheeses, sliced meats, bread, Ankarres honey and fig spread. A large pitcher of ice water followed before she disappeared back into the cooking area to assist Opi with the rest of dinner.

"Mmmmaybe she's not fromm the Alliance?" Emme mewled softly as she took her seat at Ellifain's other side, "your armourrr is very different." A dark tail twitched in curiosity behind her, keen and round orange eyes looking over what visible plating could be seen above the table. Emme slowly reached to gently pluck a piece of salami from the platter and nibbled on it with an interested gaze.

"Uhh, Mom..." He laid the towel on the kitchen counter and approached the island. Looking over, surveying the domain of the dining room, he coughed. "Uhh, Uncle seems to be awake...or conscious. I guess the two are interchangeable, given the context..."
He looked towards the Captain and then to Opi. "Should I go help him up...he seems anxious?"

"Already?" Avalore paused at the stovetop, oil and spices in hand with a hot iron skillet waiting to sear Miss Cera's dinner, "good gravy I thought I'd at least have another hour... Maud take over here while Opi finishes the fish? Make sure no one harasses the Captain too much, I'll check on your Uncle."

Jedi Healer wiped her hands on her own apron and hustled out of the kitchen to make way for the infirmary.

[member="Ellifain Eden"] [member="Svora Eden"] [member="Destin Eden"] [member="Armaud Eden"] [member="Gabriel Sionoma"]

Normally she’d have scowled at the kiddo’s barrage of questions, but Aver was too focused on the discussion in the kitchen.

Of course the old karker had already woken up. Nevermind the poisoned spear. Or the beating he’d taken.

Shet.

The mercenary closed her eyes for a brief moment, grounding herself. [member="Avalore Eden"] was too strict a healer, that much was obvious – there was no way in Netherworld she would let him out of bed this fast.

Emptying the rest of her glass in one fell swig, Aver deposited it back on the table. Everyone was filtering in – too many – and her skin was crawling with the need to escape. Finally, shoulders stiff and jaw set, she expelled a breath. Opened her eyes. Looked at the inquisitive child.

Big eyes, full of wonder. If she only knew…

“Mercenary gig. It can get us in trouble if we wear Alliance colors outside our jurisdiction.” Then, to the first kid – “Not that kind of Captain. Military.”

[member="Armaud Eden"] | [member="Ellifain Eden"] | [member="Svora Eden"] | [member="Avalore Eden"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom