Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Kür’än Husks (Removal of “you”)

Status
Not open for further replies.
cosme-eduardo-222.jpg

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
  • Manufacturer: Kür’än Foundries
  • Affiliation: The Kür'än
  • Market Status: Open-Market
  • Model: Kür’än Foundry Appliance
  • Modularity: Yes; with so much of the subject’s body removed, there is much room for addition of technology.
  • Production: Mass-Produced
  • Material: Durasteel components, copper wiring, rough twine stitching, radio-wave control systems (see description and special features), any power source.
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification: Body modification and biological system removal.
  • Size: Average
  • Weight: Extremely Light
  • Resistances (Optional): None
    • Energy (And other Blaster type weapons): None
    • Kinetic: None
    • Lightsabers: None
    • EMP: None
SPECIAL FEATURES
  • Hijacked Nervous system (see description)
  • Thermal imaging camera system
  • Foundry Core network uplink
  • Severed Motor Cortex
  • Auditory Sensors
  • Console-interface arm-replacements (see description)
  • Auto-Balancing system
  • Hydraulic leg implants w/ stilts
  • Energy-Nutrients converter
  • Oxygenation inducer
  • Removal of most biological systems including but not limited to;
  • Stomach, Colon and Esophagus
  • Lungs, Larynx and Vocal Chords
  • Eyes, Eyelids, Lips, Tongue and outer Ears
  • Reproductive System(s)
  • Forearms, Forelegs, Hands and feet
  • Kidneys, Spleen, Gull Bladder, Bladder, Any Body Hair, Heart and Bodily Fluids
  • 80% of total muscle tissue and 100% of total body fat
STRENGTHS
  • Mindless; no longer are they people, they only serve the Foundry… (cannot be persuaded, intimidated, or psychically manipulated) “They are not the ones in control…”
  • “Atomic-Heart”; whatever the source of power isn’t relevant, only that they can function when powered…
  • No longer “alive”; whether the brain is alive or dead, the systems will function so long as they are powered…
  • Foundry Core Uplink; they serve as the eyes of the Foundry… (see description)
  • Deathly Quiet; very little noise is made by Hollows. (Stealth up) :}
  • Happy Accident; due to an oversight during the surgical procedure, the Hollowed are unable to feel pain from anywhere besides the host-brain.
WEAKNESSES
  • Weak; they only perform the menial tasks, combat is not part of their “programming…”
  • Exposed Crucial Components; nothing stops threats from removing their power source… (this will kill the host-brain whilst destroying the implanted systems)
  • Expendable; No Kür’än or Foundry Core will do anything to prevent the destruction/death of a Hollow.
  • Vulnerable; No precautions were taken to prevent any harm from being inflicted upon the Hollowed. (Extremely susceptible to damage)
  • Glaring weakness; An EMP will disable a Hollow’s systems, thus putting a permanent end to their existence.
  • Stiff; due to lacking any body fluids, the host-body’s skin becomes little more than a dry, leathery suit. This puts an enormous strain upon movement, limiting its range of motion and speed.
DESCRIPTION
“The things the Kür’än do to people… I wouldn’t wish that upon even my worst enemies…” -Some Sith Lord somewhere.
Generally referred to as “Hollows,” “the Hollowed,” “Husks,” and “Stitch-Snitches,” they mostly serve as the “droids” of the Kür’än society. This is because Kür’än don’t have a good grasp on how droids work, so they subvert the need for droids by taking what prisoners they don’t kill on sight and “Hollow” them. Kür’än have little regard for the safety of the Hollowed, but they do tend to in the very least not put them in harms way, unless something might be gained from the sacrifice. The host-brain is typically left well in-tact, aside from the separation of it from the bodily control nerves, which is done to allow a Foundry Core to use the host-brain as a sort of external processor (usually for processing what the Hollow itself “sees” so that the Core can focus more on other tasks). Husks are fitted with a face plate with many thermal-cameras built-in, which they use to assess surroundings and better serve the Foundry or Kür’än that they serve. Additionally, Steel-Bodied Kür’än can have Hollows uplink to their own comms network to serve as scouts or personal “protocol droids.” Whatever the case, Hollowed are controlled by Kür’än, and nothing can change that other than death and destruction of their systems, not one or the other, but both.
Creation; the process of Hollowing is as gruesome and inhuman as you’d imagine. Firstly, the host-brain is severed from the body whilst inside the skull. Second, any unnecessary biological factors are cut out and ground into carrion for rationing. Thirdly, the host-body is drained of fluids and shaved. Then a series of wires are inserted through the host-body’s vascular system and hooked up to external equipment. At this point, the faceplate, stilts, hydraulics and console-interface arm-replacements are implanted into the host-body. Then, the power source is connected along with a few additional components, they are implanted into the spinal cord usually. Lastly, the Nervous System of the host-body is connected to the mechanical systems and then the uplink is initiated. Bear in mind, this process has a 57% lethality rating.
Operation; Husks are essentially leather-bound puppets with the ability to interface with consoles. They move slowly as to not rip what little muscle tissue they have left as well as their leathery skin tissue. The way they are puppeteered lies solely on the faceplate being active and in working order, if it were broken off the assembly line the Hollow would not be able to move. The faceplate holds not only a dubious amount of thermal cameras but also a receiver that allows Kür’än with the ability to uplink to the receiver to send commands via an encrypted radio signal. Which is usually directly linked to the sender’s brain, which means that they can “think” to their Hollows and the Hollows will do what they’re told. The reason the host-body moves without being coded with the knowledge already is that while the host-brain is severed from the body, the faceplate is directly attached to it, therefore “borrowing” the knowledge from the brain and sending electrical signals through the host-body to produce the illusion of autonomous movement.
Additional Information; The reason why the Kür’än don’t weaponize the Hollowed is because they think it foolish to give a gun to your enemies.
The reason the Kür’än don’t implant bombs in the host-brain of Hollows like they do with Steel-Bodied is because they don’t see the Hollows as threatening, even if they could rebel.
While Kür’än don’t see other species as anything other than enemies, they don’t take pleasure in exterminating them, which is why they often take prisoners to Hollow. They may want to kill all unworthy sentient species, but they’re not sadists.

Last edited:

Ravenfire

King of Pumpkins
Skellege Nauss Skellege Nauss

Hi there, I will be judging your submission today.

Looking over this, it sort of reminds me more of Husks from Mass Effect or maybe like the Flayed Ones from Warhammer 40k. The closest thing I could find that this fits for star wars was either Karina from the Darth Vader comic or HRD's. Hence I don't know that this fits the star wars aesthetic, if you have something that proves me wrong I would be happy to look it over but as it stands I am unsure. If you can't find anything then you may need to change the submission to get it through.

Ravenfire Ravenfire
Oh sweet! Also, I may have forgotten to add that these are heavily based on the stalkers from half life 2, do I put these under primary source?
Also, I’d like to know what you would have me change to make this feel more “Star Warsy.”

Ravenfire

King of Pumpkins
Skellege Nauss Skellege Nauss

Right so, as I stated star wars while it has done a bit of sci-fi types of stuff before with zombies and the like. There has yet to be droids which are meant to replace most of a humaniod body while enslaving what's left. While other sci-fi properties certainly have, and I would add the link to the Half life stalkers as a primary source. I would probably run more down a cyborg route.

Cyborgs have certainly been shown and are continuing to be used by star wars or the other option is to use the HRD's as a basis, still replacing the insides of a humaniod's body but using the skin or the like as a coating or replacing it with artificial flesh. That's my suggestions but again if you can think of something better with some backing in the fandom go for it.

Ravenfire Ravenfire
This is not a droid. This is as you said, technology being used to enslave a host-body. I used the “Cybernetics” template to create this. Lemme add those links real quickly if you somehow see this before I get to those.
Okay all good, though I opted not to use Karina because this doesn’t quite seem like what I was going for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom