Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Public Justice for the Stolen Jacket

CorpSec Precinct
Denon

Looking somewhat queasy due to smell left behind by a band of recently-arrested drunkards, Desric was haranguing the receptionist with the refined yet entitled mannerisms of a Corpo - worse yet, a Corpo with an aristocratic background.

"I realise that resources are limited, but this injustice cannot stand - I caught a glance of the criminal..." Tapping the side of his head, the young man's eyes flashed neon pink. "... and what I see can quite literally be submitted as evidence."

The people in line behind him would have likely started jostling were it not for the pair of sharply-dressed bodyguard droids keeping an eye on the Heir Terassi. As it were, more than one settled for glaring at the back of his neck.

"No, it's not about the money. It's the principle of the matter, and it was - no, is - one of my favourite jackets!"

---

OOC: Welcome one, welcome all to an incredibly low-stakes thread whose kick-off is the tragedy of Desric's stolen jacket.

As noted by the man himself, it was one of his favourites. Did you steal it (or 'take it by accident', you scoundrel)? Did you witness this atrocity, but are only willing to testify if he'll pay you? Are you just tired of waiting in line? Not exactly Galaxy-shaking stuff, so park the Star Destroyer outside and leave the oathbound death commandos at home.

Last edited:

Tag: Desric Terassi Desric Terassi

Objective: eat lunch

Poor Hex hears voices in her head

Hex speech to others
Hex speech to herself

Hexes inner voices
'...Neutral...'
'...Doubt...'
'...Anger...'

Coloured '.....' are also words that Hex can hear , but I decided not to write them to reduce clutter

Untitled55-20220518133449.png

Hex sat on the bench with her cardboard carton of fried porg and soy noodles perched lovingly on her knees, it was nice here, one of very few green spaces on Denon, sure a lot of the trees were plastic, but it was at least pretending to be pleasant.

It was a cold evening too, one that made her feel alive as the cool air pecked at her skin. She would have been chilly if it wasn't for the expensive looking jacket she had found on a seat nearby. A wad of credit notes in the pocket had bought dinner and a ticket to Butterflies night club for the evening might provide her entertainment, although she had heard strange things about that place, maybe a few too many corpos about for her taste.

Her fingers were covered in porg grease as she gingerly ate her ill gotten gains and she adjusted the cuffs a little. It was clearly a man's jacket at the expensive fabric threatened to spoil her meal.

'...you know he will be wanting it back...'
"pssssh, a single jacket, he probably hasn't even noticed."
'...corpos are fussy about poor people touching their stuff...'
"So I'll sell the jacket and won't be poor any more, so he can't be mad....no comment on that?"

She giggled at outsmarting.... herself.. and carried on enjoying her food. Maybe she would see what Daiya Daiya was up to? She had abandoned the flat so she didn't have to sit there playing gooseberry to her and Cartri Keswoll Cartri Keswoll . They might be done by.... oops... she looked on panic as a piece of porg wing slipped from her mouth and bounced down her tank top, before catching it deftly in her chopsticks.

Yum, it was a nice dinner, on a nice evening, in a nice new jacket.

Last edited:
f6263b70b6d98edf642310fe69dcdce7.jpg

Denon, Corpsec District Park
Tags: Hex Hex , Desric Terassi Desric Terassi

"Come back here!"

Jasper was frantically rushing through the streets of Denon, scrambling over awnings and street signs as he did so, traversing the terrain in a manner unlike any way he had before. A few feet ahead of him was a Kowakian monkey-lizard with a red crest, clutching a foil-wrapped foot long sandwich in it's grubby claws. Jasper barely had credits to spend. There was no way he was getting another sandwich. He was determined to ensure that this monkey-lizard didn't escape with his meal.

"This is stupid," his droid Pyf said, who was floating just behind him. "You can get another sandwich."

"No way," Jasper snapped. "I payed for that sandwich fair and square. That little rat isn't getting away with it."

"Actually," Pyf corrected, "I believe that is a monkey-lizard."

Jasper ignored this remark, scrambling up a light post and leaping towards the creature with his lunch. He grabbed the monkey-lizard, and a brawl ensued. It was a battle for the ages, with each blow driving either party to struggle more intensely, the prize of a now flattened foot-long sub on the line. Finally, the Kowakian monkey-lizard relented, and the sandwich was released. Jasper couldn't grab hold of it. Instead, the sandwich sailed from his grasp, the foil wrapping practically disintegrating. The sandwich opened mid air, it's contents landing on the back of a woman sitting on a nearby bench. The jacket she was wearing was, notably, very expensive. Jasper froze, a chill running down his spine.

"Chit."

As if in response to the compounding tragedy that was befalling his jacket, a chill went down Desric's spine.

That did not stop his complaining, of course, but one of his bodyguard droids drawing his attention to inform him that they had a possible ID did the trick. Turning back to the receptionist with a gleam in his eyes, Desric immediately pressed the point. "There! No thanks to you either. You can make it up to me by letting me talk to your boss about recovery."

---

"I'm sorry sir, but we cannot send a gunship to 'hunt down a missing jacket'. Especially when the ID is tenuous. Actually, how did your Corp even have access to the surveillance... you know what, nevermind. I don't want to know." Rubbing his forehead in exasperation, Lieutenant Dathmer silently cursed his luck. Damn the Captain for never handling them herself.

"I only saw her back, so a tenuous ID is the best we can hope for. Besides, I will know my jacket when I see it. It's tailor-made, you see. Well, organic tailor with droid assistance - some seams are too precise for organic fingers and I won't ..."

"One patrol speeder. You get one - and we can call them back if more urgent matters demand their attention."

Interrupting one of his 'corporate overlords' was risky business, but Dathmer couldn't take any more whining.

Tag: Desric Terassi Desric Terassi Jasper Kai'el Jasper Kai'el

Hex speech to others
Hex speech to herself

Hexes inner voices
'...Neutral...'
'...Doubt...'
'...Anger...'

Coloured '.....' are also words that Hex can hear , but I decided not to write them to reduce clutter

"What the feth!" Hex shouted as something hit her in the back with a splat. The blue haired teen turned and glared at the man who was fighting with some little rat creature. "The feth did you do that for?" she shouted, instinctively reaching for her pistol.

'...Shoot him!...'
Hex sneered, lifting her nose and lip to one side.
"No, I want to see what he has to say."

'...Do it!...'

Carefully placing her nearly finished porg meal on the bench and stood to her height, cracking her back before sauntering over to the young man, gesturing with her candles pistol as she spoke. "So go-on then, why did you just ruin my brand new jacket? My friend thinks I should shoot you? Should I?" she laughed sharply as she waggled her gun around casually. The guy looked about the same age as she was, and on closer inspection his little ratty friend was a monkey-lizard.

Hex lowered herself onto the balls of her feet and bent her knees to speak to the little thing. "Aren't you a weird looking little thing, you got some explaining to do too" she more gently gestured the gun towards the lizard's head.

She looked up at the teenager and waited for his response, was it his jacket? Was he just messing it up out of spite just because he begrudged her something pretty? "Well?..."

Last edited:

Jasper_divider_2.0.png

"Okay, so let me start off by stating that was an accident," Jasper responded, quickly upon recognizing the hostility of the girl who's jacket he had just ruined. You couldn't get more hostile then pulling a gun. "I was trying to get back my lunch from this... thing, and I lost control of it. I'd offer to replace the jacket, but I used the last of my credits to get that sandwich, so I'm kinda broke..."

Jasper didn't want the situation to escalate. He could defend himself, quite easily in fact. The padawan's lightsaber was easily drawn and his crossbow was already loaded. The only concern was harming this very clearly mentally unstable teen with unusually blue hair.

"I think it would be pretty cool if you didn't shoot me," he added. "You put the gun back in it's holster, I leave, and we're both spared a headache."

It was always on Denon that stuff like this happened and always when he was trying to try the local food. His last visit should have been a warning.

Last edited:
Wrinkling his nose at the police airspeeder, Desric eyed the pair of seccers accompanying him. "Did someone vomit in there? It smells horrid." Scratching his head, the older seccer sniffed then shrugged. "Not super recently. Smells more like the stuff used to clean it up to me." His younger colleague simply looked annoyed.

"You know what, I will be riding in my own speeder. Just follow and be ready to arrest the dastardly criminal before she can flee into the sewer, or wherever it is petty criminals reside." The younger seccer looked ready to object to a private airspeeder parking in the middle of a CorpSec garage, but a look from her colleague shut her up quick.

He had been in the force long enough to know better than to question Corpo parking violations.

Settling into a softer-than-a-baby's-bottom synthleather (the kind that had properties superior to normal leather, not the cheap kind the peasants used to mimick leather) seat with a bodyguard on each side, Desric smiled softly.

Even on Denon, justice could be served - assuming you had a thick wallet to beat CorpSec into action with.

Hex speech to others
Hex speech to herself

Hexes inner voices
'...Neutral...'
'...Doubt...'
'...Anger...'

Hex scowled at the monkey lizard and then looked back at Jasper Kai'el Jasper Kai'el before relaxing. The jacket was stolen anyway, what did she care, really. "Can't even afford a fresh sandwich, been there, guess I can put this away." she waved the gun around freely as she spoke without reholstering it. She held out her free hand to shake the young man's hand. "I'm Hex, er, want some help finding what's left or you sandwich, or we could eat your little friend there." she laughed as the gun waved back and forth in front of the pair.

'...you've still your gun out...'
"Oh right, well the safetys on anyway"
'...safety?...'
Hex looked at her hand made firearm and laughed with realisation.

Spinning the pistol on her finger she slipped it into the holster on her hip. Before grinning wildly at the man. "You can have what's left in there if you want it?" she gestured over her shoulder at the half eaten box of porg noodles.

'...scraps? Really...'

"Or we can go get something else, i feel like something gooey and sugary." she laughed sharply and picked a sliver of mayonnaise covered leaf off of her upper arm before popping it in her mouth. "Ever get the impression the world is watching you?"

Last edited:

Jasper_divider_2.0.png

So this was a situation that Jasper was struggling to comprehend. Before long, the gun was holstered and the strange teen was super buddy-buddy. The moment she holstered the pistol, the monkey-lizard had scrambled into a half-open sewer grate and vanished. It was almost as if everything that had gone down hadn't even happened. When the girl introduced herself as Hex, he shook the hand she had extended. Jasper had manners after all.

"Jasper," he replied.

From there he was bombarded with questions, one after the other. It was hard to process it all, but one question stuck out the most...

"Ever get the impression the world is watching you?"

"I... don't know," he remarked with a frown. "There are a lot of things watching us constantly. Security cameras, strangers in public spaces... Like, are we talking in a regular way or a weird way?"

As if one cue, a pair of airspeeders set down nearby. One of them a bog-standard CorpSec patrol vehicle that looked like the money for an updated paint job had been skimmed off the top for 'administrative expenses', the other a shiny new model that had yet to reach the open market - the kind that screamed 'inherited wealth'.

Out of the former stepped two bored seccers, out of the latter Desric and a pair of droid bodyguards; the two Scions looked like HRDs but with lines in the skin to mark them as artificial, wore tailored suits, and carried sleek blaster rifles.

Apparently the Corpo - or rather, his Head of Security - was paranoid about Denonese crowds.

"The footage of the criminal was sourced from that... eatery." Desric wrinkled his nose, as if the very thought of buying a full meal from a location that had no seating but a bar was fundamentally offensive. "She has long, blue hair. Dark teal, I would say. The jacket itself is a slightly darker black than that worn by that fellow over there. Much nicer, too."

After receiving nothing but blank stares from the seccers, Desric shook his head in exasperation.

"Engage with the public, question the staff? You are officers of the law, are you not?"

As Desric spoke, his bodyguards began to establish a local surveillance grid by slicing past the so-so security protocols used by small businesses with little to hide. It was arguably not illegal if you squinted (and paid your dues to the CAD).

Hex speech to others
Hex speech to herself

Hexes inner voices
'...Neutral...'
'...Doubt...'
'...Anger...'

Like, are we talking in a regular way or a weird way?

She laughed, "I have been told I do most things the weird way.... mind giving me a little hand" she wriggled around trying to reach some defiant little peice of meat glued between her shoulder blades by its eggy condiment. She half turned her back on the young man to allow him access to the rear. Her eyes were drawn to the two landing corpsec craft.

'...That's not good...'
"hmmm...no...not usually"

She gave Jasper Kai'el Jasper Kai'el a grin "Fancy it then? That bite to easy its my treat." she seemed nervous and keen to get away, it was clear that the corpsec shuttles landing had unnerved her somewhat. "How I could even take you for a little spin on Dancer her. she gestured to her hoverboard. "If you are feeling brave that is?" The Scions seemed to be trying to find someone, she quickly tried to count which crimes she could be wanted for. She blew up... no, she wasnt spotted there, what about the jewelry robbery? No that was ages ago now.

"I dont suppose those gents would be looking for you?" she chuckled.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom