Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Just Another Day In Paradise(Complete)(Archive)

Kahne chuckled as he stirred the linguine and then flipped the slices of chicken over seasons the other side before placing it into the pan to start cooking it. "We definitely cannot." The Jedi chuckled and smirked as she nudged him lightly. Kahne knew the galaxy was a dark and frightening place, even for battle hardened Jedi like himself. He wouldn't falter from it though, but it didn't mean he was invincible either.

"So we've had a pretty busy day." Kahne chuckled lightly as he flipped the slices of chicken in the pan thus taking another look at the linguine, the sauce itself was on a simmer. "We take what we can. Tell me Alexandra. You ever, had a boyfriend or anything like that?" Kahne inquired curiously, if she didn't want to say that wouldn't be a problem. He was merely being curious.

[member="Alexandra Russo"]

Hope is the elixir of life. (semi-retired)
The wondrous aroma of the chicken cooking and its spices were making the pilot's stomach growl softly even though she'd had popcorn not too long ago as she stood side by side with Kahne at the kitchen counter; him at the cooking unit and her at a cutting block.

Alexandra was peeling a cucumber to be cut up for the salad when the Jedi Master inquired about her past; had she had a boyfriend and such? Oh gods here we go… The brunette paused for a moment with the peeler in hand to form her thoughts on the matter, then continued peeling the cylindrical fruit.

"I have, one or two," Alex glanced up at Kahne quickly flashing him a small smile, then turned her brandy brown gaze back to the task at hand.

"I was even engaged once… though we, there were too many things and it was not meant to be so we went our separate ways," she said, then took a deep breath and blew it out as she put down the peeler on the counter top and grabbed a knife to slice with.

Riggs was definitely in her past, and now Russo was only looking to the future, and hopefully a happier one at that; not that it had been all bad, just… They had shared in too much of the bad stuff to make it work anymore; always a reminder of the dark times they experienced together while Alex just wanted to forget all of it and move on. She had loved Damon, but it wasn't enough.

"How about you, Kahne… A handsome, well-mannered man like yourself must have women falling at your feet all the time?" she grinned softly. And I'm one of them. lol

[member="Kahne Porte"]

The Jedi chuckled lightly when she mentioned having one or two. He glanced over to her just as she did and he laughed again before continuing and getting everything prepared. A bit more and it would be ready to mix together.

"Sometimes life pulls you away from things in order to prepare you for something better." Kahne said with a soft sigh, the Jedi knew what it was like, however his case was completely different from hers. He wasn't sure if he loved her, he did know that they had strong feelings for each other. They never fully acted on it, except for the occasional case here and there that was no different then a kiss. And then one day it all came crashing down, she breathed her last breath.

"Well, I did have something at one point, it didn't work out. The force had other plans for us,perhaps."

Kahne thus started the process of getting everything together, the chicken was cooked well, the linguine was just right as was the alfredo sauce.

"It seems you and I are in the same boat, Alexandra." Kahne chuckled lightly as he started to mix.

"Mhm," Alex agreed to a degree with the Jedi Master's theory that sometimes life pulls one away from things in order to prepare them for something better... but why then did so many have to die or leave in order for it to happen? In her life, death seemed to be a prominent theme.

That was one of her main life questions… Why did she always seem to survive and others didn't all those times when the maker called home? And what was that something better…. Was it him, this chance meeting? Some other deed not yet achieved? So many questions, and not many answers, well at least the Taanabian had found answers to as of yet. Maybe the Jedi knew more than Alexandra could ever grasp of this matter, but it perplexed the pilot none the less to great pains.

After slicing the cucumbers and adding them to the mix of greens, the brandy-eyed brunette started on the tomatoes. The knife she'd chosen was pretty sharp. Alexandra wondered amusingly how a lightsaber would cut down through the meaty fleshed red fruit or vegetable depending on your point of view. The farm girl counted it as the latter so to get credit for eating her allotted veggies for the day.

"Sometimes we need a completely fresh start with new people, and this perhaps is just that," Alex smiled after listening to Kahne's answer. "I personally felt like I was in a never ending rut and every time I tried to get out of it I would just get pulled right back down into it's depths. Now I'm free of that rut though the road still has some potholes I need to be careful of, but overall I am so looking forward to the freshly paved highway up ahead. You should too. I'd like to hope it could be a much smoother ride, even for the likes of us," she nodded encouragingly, then threw the tomatoes on top and gave the salad a good toss.

"Well I think this is going to be one fabulous dinner… How about you finish up with the main course while I set the table, then we can dig in. It smells so good!"

[member="Kahne Porte"]

"Potentially yes," Kahne whispered as he then finally brought everything together, linguine,chicken and Alfredo sauce mix it a few times in one direction and then again in the other ensuring it was done properly. "The road itself is broken, but I'm hopeful that towards the end no matter how long it takes. As long as you stay up and above instead of down and out you truly soar high." The Jedi said with a small smile, turning the burner of as he was now officially done.

"Hope is like breathing for me, sometimes at moments in my life I don't understand why I'm so hopeful. But when I see people in the galaxy, friends, civilians. When I see what I'm fighting for, then It hits me." Kahne chuckled as he looked over at her and then at the salad.

"The salad looks great." Kahne said with a smile.

As Kahne put the pasta dish together, the Rogue went about setting the table, brushing by him subtly in the small kitchen as she grabbed plates, glasses, condiments and utensils. The Jedi Master's responses were always so thoughtful, and the pilot found them enlightening.

"Indeed. Hope is a powerful ally," Alex nodded as she walked back into the kitchen to grab the salad. "Thanks," she smiled at the compliment, then picked up the bowl and took it back out to the table.

Alexandra waited for the Jedi Master, then sat down at the table and unfolded her napkin, placing it on her lap. The Taanabian closed her eyes for a moment in silence, hands folded in front of her, then those brandy browns opened up.

"Gods this smells so yummy. My mouth is actually watering. You're a good cook, a very nice quality to showcase to me any time you want to," the pilot grinned gazing between Kahne and the Chicken Alfredo, then she took a helping of the white-sauced pasta dish followed by some of the mixed greens Alex had made. She topped hers off with a drizzle of creamy white dressing and a crack or two of fresh pepper.

"So what is a typical day like for a Jedi Master?" she asked curiously before taking a bite of the entree; an 'oh my god this is so good' look written all over her face.

[member="Kahne Porte"]

"Well, I have my moments." Kahne chuckled lightly as he joined in her the feasting, getting some salad first, and retrieving the dressing for it as well. Which was soon followed by the obtaining of the pasta that he had whipped up and placing some on his plate. "I sometimes wonder what I would be doing if I wasn't a Jedi." He smirked and then shook his head in jest, which was true. Kahne couldn't picture himself doing anything other than what his Jedi had in store for him.

Kahne noted the look on her face as he took the first bite and he probably had one himself, was unsure how well this was going to to taste, but it came out great, just as the salad did.

"Typical day here at the temple when I'm not out taking a break." Kahne chuckled as he took another small bit waiting till his food went down before talking again. "Training, I'm usually in the training room quite often I like to stay in the best shape as possible, keeps me focused and such.We get briefing on ongoing problems on our borders and within if necessary we go and deal with that. I help train the younglings, usually go out and check a perimeter of the planet. That's a normal day though, when we get missions and there are wars to fight, nothing needs to be said about that." Kahne chuckled lightly as he took a bit from his salad.

Alexandra kept switching back and forth between the Chicken Alfredo and salad. She wasn't that fussy about mixing her food groups. It all tasted good together in her opinion.

"Mhm Sounds a lot like my day, that is when Rogue Squadron is based ground side. Up at the crack of dawn for PT, well that is for me as not all the pilots participate as much as they could or perhaps should. Our commanding officer isn't as strict as I was when I had my own squadron, but not my call... then a quick breakfast followed by a daily briefing. After that we either SIM or fly CAP depending where we land in the planetary rotation. I am Rogue Eleven, if I didn't tell you earlier, and Alleycat is my callsign," Alex replied with a bright smile, then she took a sip of blue milk that she'd poured for herself earlier. Yeah, Russo was still very much a farm girl at heart.

"We also, well some of us, perform the maintenance on our snubfighters, Not all the pilots are so mechanically-inclined as Seven and myself. My foster father taught me all about aeronautical mechanics as he had a garage near the spaceport on Taanab, and ran a crop dusting business on the side. In fact, a crop duster was the first craft I learned how to fly… but I digress," she smirked with a light chuckle, then redirected herself back to the main topic.

"When we are on missions, it's mostly fly and fly some more, maybe eat if there's more than ration bars offered, and try to catch some needed rack time here and there... though when done there is a lot of drinking afterwards, counting our blessings hopefully and not offering remembrances. Though as of late, there have been more of the latter I'm afraid," the brandy-eyed brunette said with an all too knowing sigh, then she took another bite of the delicious pasta. The serving scooped onto her plate was nearly gone because it was so good, and Alex was enjoying the shared dinner with Kahne so much. It felt like they'd maybe done this a million times before yet this was the first time there at his place.

After chewing her food well, Alexandra inquired thoughtfully of the Jedi Master. "Do you have one specific student or do you teach many like that youngling class we spied on earlier? They were so precious to watch," she smiled.

[member="Kahne Porte"]

Kahne listened attentively in between taking bites of his food that he was almost finished with completely. He had made a rather good dinner, as he had to remind himself. She mentioned things about her daily life within the Rogues, which as fascinating as it was for her to hear about his life within the Jedi Order it was the same to hear about hers. Kahne was always intrigued and impressed with the ground and aerial forces of the Galactic Alliance.

"I like that call sign, alleycat." Kahne said with a small smile after he wiped his mouth slightly with the napkin and cleared his throat. "Things will get better, soon enough I'm sure." And while he said that, Kahne knew that not everyone could believe as he believed, there was some individuals that he wouldn't be able to change. As long as he attempted to, for the better...

Kahne could live with that, to an extent.

"I've sometime taught the class of younglings, once or twice. I don't do it a whole lot, as I usually like to be out and about." Kahne chuckled lightly as he raised his hand to his chin. "Well, I have one right now. She's going through some trouble, but nothing that she can't bounce back from. He strength is rather inspiring to be quite honest." The Jedi smirked as he looked down to his hand for a few moments then looked up to Alexandra.

"Thank you, Alexandra." Kahne said with a warm smile as he looked into her eyes. He had hoped she would understand what that mean, he wasn't going to say, but he hoped that she would.

"Well I'm sure you help her greatly just being you," Alex nodded sweetly, then finished off her glass of blue milk and wiped off the mustaches she was sure to be wearing with the napkin from her lap.

The meaning of Kahne's statement hit the Rogue full on. Alleycat knew exactly where the Jedi Master from coming from… She didn't need to Force to figure that one out. The pilot was thinking the same thing, felt the same way. The eyes were the windows to the soul and his blue pools were clear all the way to the bottom.

Alexandra put the napkin down on the table next to her empty plate, then reached over to where he was sitting perpendicular to her and slipped her hand into the Jedi's; giving it a little squeeze. "No thanks is needed, Kahne. The feeling is mutual," the brandy-eyed brunette smiled with all sincerity as their eyes got lost in each others.

[member="Kahne Porte"]

"I try to do just that, me." Kahne whispered and as she reached for his hand and gave his a squeeze as his thumb ran over her hand as gently as could be. The Jedi stared into her eyes just as she was with him for what seemed like ages. Kahne for the most part felt he was looking for something, as if he was running across the desert sands for hours and finally came to a area of water and he was nervous about drinking it. Perhaps he was slightly unsure and scared of what it might do to him, but then again. Jedi were usually risk takers, however when it came to matters of the heart. Everything seemed to go right out the window.

The Jedi Master smiled at her as he looked away for a moment and then stood up still holding her hand. Kahne raised her hand just slightly as he leaned down the rest of the way and kissed her hand gently.

"I want to see you again, Alexandra." Kahne whispered softly as his other hand moved to meet his, that was holding her hand. He held her hand in between both of his as he just smiled and stared at that for a moment. His eyes that were so warped and distracted by their hands, thus looked and locked with Alleycat's eyes.

"You?"

He was unsure just as she was, but still they both were sure of something. It was written all one the man's face as was in the depths of those blue pools of his that Aleandra just couldn't seem to not drown in. There was a definite attraction here a little more than just merely physical too.

When Kahne rose from the dining table, then kissed her hand that was held within his two now a warm feeling began to grow in Alleycat's chest, and it wasn't indigestion from the food either. It was a genuine fondness for the Jedi Master. She couldn't believe the man had gotten under her skin so easily as the hide was thick now from all the scars. But he had found a path and now the choice to let him continue on it was before the pilot.

Alexandra rose from her chair and stood before the Jedi; the Rogue's brandy browns not ever leaving his baby blues as she gazed into them. His question had an easy answer, hopefully though one she could spit out coherently as her heart was racing in that moment; more so than when she faced down multiple bogies.

"I would like that very much, Kahne," the brunette whispered back just as softly. Again, there was a sensation magnets were pulling the newly found friends ever so closer Alex could almost feel his warm breath mixing with hers.

[member="Kahne Porte"]

"Me too..." Kahne whispered back but then a slight, as he realized how silly me must have sounded considering he was the one that said it in the first place and the Jedi was just seemingly reiterating things. They were so close to each other now, and that Kahne could feel her breath against his own. The Jedi smiled as he gave her hand a small gentle squeeze as his lips barely touched hers a moment, as Kahne seemingly hesitated there. He smiled slightly as he leaned in again and placed a soft kiss against her lips. The Jedi's lips weren't against hers for no longer than two seconds when...

*KNOCK* *KNOCK* *KNOCK*

The Jedi stopped suddenly and glanced towards the door and he chuckled slightly. Kahne back up just a little bit as he bit his lip and looked down for a moment and then glanced towards the door again.

*KNOCK* *KNOCK* *KNOCK*

Kahne let out a small seemingly exhausted sigh, mainly about the situation he was in and current luck. "I should get that..." Kahne reluctantly let her hand go as he walked towards the door. Kahne opened the door as he was beckoned outside by another Jedi.

"That request made for you was granted, you expected to arrive sometime tomorrow and begin investigating swiftly."

"It seems they didn't take too long this time around." Kahne smirked slightly.

"Yes, they always seem to come about at the worst times." The Jedi Master smiled and winked at the Jedi Master, indicating in his own way that he was sorry for the interruption.

Kahne nodded and chuckled lightly as he walked away and Kahne himself walked back into his place, closing the door behind. "I'm sorry about that, I have a mission that sprung up, I'm leaving in the morning." Kahne said with a small chuckled as he walked back towards the table slowly, his fingertips strumming along the tabletop slowly, thus he started to reach for his plate and such to take to the sink.

"Timing...is terrible." Kahne said with a soft chuckle, as he thought about the brief kiss they shared. And the fact that he wanted to do it again.

His lips brushed hers ever so lightly, then after a moment Kahne's pressed them against Alex's in a more sure way. It was sweet yet quick kiss. Of course nothing more happened as there was a inopportune knock at the Jedi Master's door.

Alexandra shrugged with a lopsided grin gracing her features as he turned to walk over to the door. While Kahne was speaking with the messenger, she started clearing the table of her dishes, then met him back there as he returned.

"I totally understand. I'm amazed I haven't gotten paged yet… I seem to be the go-to-girl when there's a Rogue crisis," Alex smirked lightly. "Which usually means someone needs their hand held," she chuckled softly, then brandy browns met baby blues again as they stood face to face at the side of the table.

There was pregnant pause as they gazed into one another's eyes again… This time Alexandra leaned in and pressed her lips to his. The pilot knew their time was limited now so she made the most of it in that one moment.

"I should go and let you get ready… " the brunette smiled up at him, not wanting to end their day together, but knowing she should. They equally accepted that duty came before pleasure with the respective positions they were in, and how it impacted their lives and those around them.

[member="Kahne Porte"]

She met up with him as they paused once more, this silence between them seemed to convey and large amount of words between them. Even though none were really spoken at all. The small kiss they shared opened up a whole new idea for the Jedi Master, while he had felt and shown this sort of adoration before, experiencing it again was amazing and was deathly terrifying at the same time.

"It also means they trust you." Kahne said after their kiss and he glanced around a bit before looking back at her. "Yes, I should get ready..." Kahne said finally as he backed away for a moment and cleared his throat, noting in his mind that he didn't say that she should leave. He knew he wanted her to stay, but timing...

"I'll see you when I get back, right?"

Alexandra saw the look in the Jedi's eyes as he backed away. Kahne didn't really want her to go. She didn't really want to go either, but timing…

"Of course… I definitely would want that, to see you again when you get back," Alex nodded with a warm smile. She had a feeling though they would be like two ships passing in the night given the dark state of the galaxy, and the Galactic Alliances' steadfastness in helping to liberate it.

One can hope though… and when in doubt, just think of him! That saying would forever stick with the Rogue now. It was endearing and would be thought often even when not in doubt.

Again there was that awkward pause. Alleycat bit her lip as she thought about how maybe they could squeeze a few more minutes out of their first encounter.

"Erm… Tell you what, why don't you let me take care of the dishes while you pack your bag? It's the least I can do for you since you're the one being called out. I don't really mind as I have nothing roguish to do right now," she quipped lightly with that last part, then picked up Kahne's plate and silverware off the table along with his glass and walked determined like into the kitchen.

[member="Kahne Porte"]

Kahne smiled as he watched her walk off towards the kitchen and he nodded his head. "Thanks Alexandra, I appreciate it." Kahne took a deep breath and then he chuckled lightly as he moved towards his room, and all the while he really didn't have much to pack. However he had caught on to him just as he felt he caught on to her. He really didn't want her to leave, and he felt somehow she could gather that from him. Kahne placed his bag on the bed, grabbing a fresh set of clothes and place them inside a small set of hygiene items and his own personal uniform was hanging up that he would retrieve in the morning.

The Jedi stood before the sink in the restroom as he leaned down and turned the knob a bit and splashed some cold water on his face. Kahne glanced back up towards the mirror and just stared for a moment as he then reached for the towel and he patted his face just a bit.

"I'm glad you stayed..." Kahne spoke up a bit from the room, unaware if he said it enough to where she could hear him. At least he thought he did. "As great a day as this has been, I'd rather it not end, ya know?"

Alexandra had wasted no time in running hot water into the kitchen sink with a squirt of dish soap, and placing the dirty plates in there to soak a minute while she found a container to put the leftover Chicken Alfredo in. The Jedi Master's cupboards were orderly and laid out practical so things were easy to find. The Rogue was finding they were a lot alike in how they lived.

After scraping out the the pasta dish into a plastoid square container, the brunette snapped down the lid, then licked her finger of some of the creamy goodness of the white sauce that had gotten on it before dropping the dirty dish into the soapy water. She turned and put the leftover into the freezer part of the cold storage unit for another meal that could easily be reheated in the auto chef.

As she began washing the dirty dishes, Alexandra heard sink water running from in the bedroom where the fresher must be. The pilot really did feel like home here and was enjoying this 'home life' routine with Kahne maybe a bit too much for only knowing the Jedi for a day. It just felt right for some reason.

"I am too," Alex replied loud enough so Kahne could hear her before rinsing off the last plate and putting it on the drying rack.

She wiped her wet hands off on a dish towel, then folded it neatly and hung it back on the horizontal bar of the front of the baking unit. Walking out of the kitchen, the long-legged Rogue turned to make her way over to the open door of the Master Jedi's bedroom, then leaned casually on the door frame.

Brandy brown eyes spotted the man's travel bag on the bed, then moved to the open fresher door where she gazed upon the dark-haired Nabooian before the sink, seemingly patting his face dry with a hand towel.

"I do know actually…. That's why I couldn't walk out your front door just yet," Alex spoke softly, then she looked down to the floor for a moment biting her lip in contemplation. The pilot's eyes came up once again and she met the Jedi Master's baby blues looking back at her in the mirror. I'm not sure what's happening here, Kahne, but I'd like to say I like it, a lot."

[member="Kahne Porte"]

"I didn't want you too." Kahne said as he stood up fully as he turned to face her, as she was there in the door way and their eyes met again. Kahne chucked lightly as he glanced down for a moment licking his lips as he tried to find the words to say. "I don't know either, we've just met and I feel like I know you already. Like I know the real you..." Kahne walked closer to her standing just centimeters away from her, they might as well been in each others arms at that point. But Kahne felt it was the cautioned side of his mind warning him to tread lightly, as mistakes of the past could possibly repeat themselves.

"I like you, I like you a lot. If I didn't have to go tomorrow I wouldn't. I'd want to spend all night talking with you, today has been the most fun I've had in a long time. And none of it had to do with the flying or holofilm." Kahne whispered softly as he raised his hand and moved some strands of hair from the side of her face to behind her ear, as his hand rest gently against the side of her neck. His thumb running back and forth over her cheek. "It was you..."

"I'm....." Kahne took a deep breath as he glanced down as he gently pressed his forehead to hers, just taking in her presence. Her warmth as it seemed to envelope him. "It's hard to explain." Kahne said as he leaned back a bit to look into her eyes. "Ya know..." The Jedi whispered again as his brow furrowed, as a look of concern passed over the Jedi Master.

"I know, right?!" Alex chuckled lightly as the Jedi Master walked over towards her. Every step closer making her heart beat just a bit faster and her breath quicken ever so subtly.

The ease of Kahne tucking wayward strands of her sun-kissed brown hair back seemed so naturally done to the pilot… Like he'd done it a hundred times before, she mused silently staring into those oh so memorizing blue pools of his. Alexandra's dark head leaned into his gentle grasp of her neck, enjoying the sensation of the Jedi's thumb caressing her cheek tenderly.

"That's how I felt today… The rest was just icing on the cake," she smiled softly.

When Kahne placed his forehead to hers, the brunette closed her eyes for moment to take everything in; his closeness, his touch, his unique smell. It was all committed to memory. His admittance it was hard to explain what was going on told her there was something bothering him. He was nervous probably as much as her about starting something new.

After reopening her eyes, she noticed the Jedi's furrowed brows as he leaned back and how his confident shoulders were more tense than before. Alexandra's hand came up and laid upon his chest with care over the man's heart. "I hope you realize by now I wouldn't purposely hurt you, if I could at all help it," she whispered sincerely.

"You are too good of a man to do that too, Kahne."

[member="Kahne Porte"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom