Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Just Another Day In Paradise(Complete)(Archive)

"You must be pretty good with your hands then." Kahne said with a smile. The Jedi looked up towards her whenever she started talking about the photo. Kahne's smile faded somewhat when she mentioned her family was killed in a raid. She knew of deep loss, just as Kahne had long ago. The pain that followed to lose someone's family was a terrible thing to feel. Kahne was all to familiar with that particular feeling.

"I'm sure that tradition will be carried on by you and yours someday.I'm also sure your family would be very proud of you." Kahne said with a small nod as he stood up in the cockpit so that he was face to face with her, so they could talk more clearly and see each other better, or so he told himself.

"I've been a Jedi since I was a just a young boy. Four years old or so to be exact. I'm originally from Naboo, I too lost a family when I was younger. I know how it feels, to lose." Kahne said with a small sigh, as he placed a hand on hers, thus showing the smallest of smiles.

"Shall we go for a ride?"

[member="Alexandra Russo"]

Hope is the elixir of life. (semi-retired)
Oh wouldn't you like to know, Alex thought amusingly in response to the Jedi's comment about her hands. "You could say that I suppose," she replied with a matching smile. There was also a playful twinkle etched in her brandy brown eyes, if only momentarily as the conversation drifted towards a more serious tone.

"Mhm I hope so," the dark-haired pilot nodded simply to both his statements.

Alexandra's gaze met the Jedi Master's as he stood before her inside her T-70's cockpit, now face to face. Again the Taanabian was intrigued by how kind and caring Kahne's eyes came across; those blue pools calming and inviting to swim in. The touch of his comforting, warm hand upon hers sent a tingle down her spine.

A family like wife and child type, or his family family? Alex pondered silently.

"Well seems we have many more things in common than not, though hopefully we can turn them into more positive than negative, hmm," Alex offered with a small smile of her own, nearly drowning now in those tempting orbs of his, then the reason they were in the hangar in the first place flooded back into her distracted mind as she was gently reminded. Flying tips, duh…

"Oh yeah! Silly me I almost forgot business before pleasure… " she chuckled softly. "Sure, let's find us a ride. I saw a Trainer-X available when we came in. I'll sign it out, then you can show me your stuff," the Rogue winked before climbing back down the ladder.

Alleycat waited for the dark-haired Jedi to join her on the ground so they could walk across the hanger together to the other ship. "So you never did tell me exactly what areas of flying you wanted to feel more comfortable with?"

[member="Kahne Porte"]

Kahne smirked lightly as his eyes fell in sight with hers for those brief moments that they had, the Jedi Master wondered if these were legitimate moments that they were sharing or if it was something more. Then again, as the smile that was on his face got a bit bigger, he couldn't help but feel that it was legitimate and this was a real feeling.

"I'm sure between the two of us, we should be able to turn any negative into a positive." The Jedi said as he gave her hand a small squeeze before actual business broke them up and he was drawn back into the world. Kahne followed suit after she climbed down and his feet touched the steel floor as it did before.

"I think, perhaps work on my evasive maneuvers perhaps, that could be where I'm lacking in." The Jedi Master spoke as they neared the training craft that was to be utilized. As he thought about it more, that is where he could of used the most work. He felt more time in the pit the better he would become, especially with someone like Alexandra helping him.

Alexandra listened thoughtfully as they walked side by side across the hangar bay to where the Trainer-X was located. It was funny how the two strangers until today so naturally had fallen into step with each other. There was an easiness that seemed to come well easy between them. It was nice to say the least, and the Rogue was certainly enjoying her time with Kahne so far. Maybe a little too much for her own good though.

"Ah yes, evasive maneuvering… I'm sure i have a trick or two up my sleeve that will help you out with your stick finesse. Sometimes it's knowing just when to juke and jive verses going straight down the middle penetrating hard, fast, and deep directly into the enemy's formation," Alex answered with sense of seriousness yet not, then the brunette pilot added with a knowing wink. "Like anything, practice makes perfect, and even then one needs to come up with new things to try. Don't want to become too predictable."

After signing out the TX-65 X-wing starfighter from the Air Boss who oversaw the hangar operations and craft, Alexandra pointed to the pilot's locker room. "We should change into flight suits, then I'll meet you in two by the ship. You should find extra flight gear inside," she smiled enthusiastically as this was her comfort zone, then slipped into the women's side of the locker room; a definite bounce in her step.

afc213de-0b55-44ad-95ff-6f7ef01d5cb9_zpsmsfiqay2.jpg

Alleycat's gear was already to go in her personal locker so it didn't quite take the full time allotted to change into her rebel orange flight suit and be out on the tarmac doing a walk-around visual inspection of the snubfighter; flight helmet tucked under Double One's arm as if it was normal to carry it there like a mother would a child.

[member="Kahne Porte"]

"That makes sense." Kahne replied in a small humble way. Kahne had noted she was good with her words, and with that it made him smile. There was a connection between the two of them. Kahne sensed that above all else, he was sure more would be revealed as they spent further time together.

She mentioned predictability and that was very true, you couldn't remain to predictable otherwise you'd end up on the losing end of things every time.

Kahne nodded in the direction of the locker room, glancing back to Alexandra. "I'll see you in a bit." The Jedi then left for the locker room, once inside he was able to location an unused flight suit and then started to change. He then left the dressing room donned the flight suit and he had to admit he didn't look quite like himself but then again that made him chuckle.

Kahne met up with her on location and he chuckled. "You definitely look better in this than I do." The Jedi smirked at her.

The Jedi Master didn't seem very comfortable in the flight suit she'd made him wear, but he did look cute none the less. Alexandra stepped forward and reached with her hands to adjust his life support box adorning his upper body that seemed to be well-honed from the way the fabric of the flight suit covered it.

"I've had years of perfecting the look, but thanks anyways," the brandy-eyed brunette beamed sweetly, then called over her shoulder as she moved to the ladder attached to their borrowed ship.

"Oh I"m sure you cut a pair of fancy Jedi Robes pretty nicely yourself. Gotta love a man or woman in uniform," Alex grinned, then climbed up, dropping herself down into the right-hand seat of the two seater Trainer-X with well-practiced ease.

After attaching the crash webbing, Alleycat turned her dark head towards Kahne as they sat close. Gods those eyes of his… Shaking herself from a dreamy thought, the Rogue donned her helmet.

"Flight Control, this is Rogue Eleven. Request clearance for a training run."

"Rogue Eleven. You are cleared on vector 227. The sector is open."

"Roger that, Flight Control. Double One commencing lift off momentarily," Russo keyed over the comm, then smiled at her flying partner.

"This is a real treat having company with me. Why don't you go ahead and take us out. We'll be launching out of the top of the mountain directly into the mid-atmosphere, then you can show me what you've got, Master Porte," she winked.

[member="Kahne Porte"]

"It must not have been that difficult for you." Kahne chuckled lightly as his eyes gave a very casual look at her, up and down. Not too difficult at all, the Jedi Master thought. The more Kahne thought about it, he didn't usually wear robes to often, he tended more so to steer away from the traditional Jedi attire. His usual days found him either dressed one way or another just depended on the situation. And Kahne was all about being comfortable, however there were some times that he was forced to change and that was always a good challenge to face.

The Jedi Master took a deep breath and exhaled slowly as he followed suit of his beautiful comrade and entered the training craft, sitting next to her and showing her a smile. "Now...." Kahne started to say as he strapped himself in. "Don't make fun of me." Kahne said in a teasing manner, as he looked over to her, while he knew he wasn't that bad. Then again the more he thought about it, perhaps he was and no one told him.

Kahne glanced over at her once more when she mentioned it was a treat having company. It truly was, he was sure not just for her but for himself as well. The Jedi couldn't remember the last time he had enjoyed someone's company as much as he was enjoying hers. It was nice just to be conversing and having a regular and normal conversation about anything and everything.

The Jedi glanced around at the controls as he tapped a few buttons and the craft fired up taking in another deep breath getting the feel for the way things were again. The Jedi got the go ahead as he reached for the controls and began to steer the vessel towards their destination, mid sky. Cloud cover wasn't to bad too the Jedi thought for a moment as they sped up and just to get a feel for things again, and make sure he wasn't completely useless, he did maneuver that would by the end level them out. Which in his mind wasn't exactly a fancy move, but more so he felt quite regular.

"And please, If I'm doing something wrong, or something that you feel I should be doing, let me know." Kahne said with a small chuckle as they were in mid maneuver and thus level out at the end.

"Me, a Rogue, make fun of you, a Jedi… never, " Alex teased back lightly, though her brandy-colored eyes were sincere. She would only give concrit suggestions to the Jedi Master, never make him feel inadequate, which the Taanabian didn't think was possible from knowing the man so far. He was intriguing her more than he'd ever know.

The launch was uneventful and Kahne took them out like any seasoned pilot would. Even the looping turn was smooth and precise. A few more maneuvers were made along with a couple of combos that even made Alleycat's stomach tumble a bit, probably because she wasn't at the controls of the snubfighter. It was hard just to sit back and enjoy that ride completely, though the company sure made it tolerable.

"Well I'd say you just need a bit more regular time in the cockpit to get your confidence up… I could arrange visits so we could do simulations together from time to time. I'm sure it would be rewarding for both of us to practice more," the brunette pilot smiled. "Practice does make perfect they say."

[member="Kahne Porte"]

Kahne smiled at Alexandra with a small glanced her way in between the maneuvers that were preformed by the Jedi Master. While Kahne wasn't this smooth in transition during actual battled, he wondered why he was actually doing so well. Kahne knew full well that there wasn't anything such as luck, not in his experience. She had brought up that he just needed more practice, and practice was something that he would actually continue and and plan to do. The Jedi Master leveled the training craft out as he glanced over to Alexandra again.

"Thanks for helping me out, Alexandra." The Jedi winked her way, being sincere with his words. "I'm actually surprised I'm doing as well as this." Or so he thought as he looked forward again, doing another maneuver before leveling the vessel out again.

"I'd like to see you again, outside of practice." Kahne said with a slight nervousness in his voice, simply because it seemed like he was asking her out or something of that sort. Kahne knew that he liked being around her, it made him feel pretty good. "I liked this, spending time with you and....such. I've had fun, just whenever you aren't busy and stuff like that."

"Oh you're most welcome, but honestly I didn't contribute much here… You've been doing great all on your own. I'm impressed actually," the brunette nodded encouragingly.

The Jedi Master was starting to grow on Alexandra. She'd sworn off men for a while, but the Naboo was so easy to like, talk with, not to mention ogle, but hopefully he wasn't noticing her do that as he flew.

When Kahne said he'd like to see her again, and not in a consulting way per say, well now the butterflies definitely started to flutter in the Taanabian's stomach. She bit her lip to keep an overly excited grin from standing out on her face.

"I'd like that too, Kahne… It's been very enjoyable, the breakfast and this flying with you. I suppose though we'll have to take advantage of the time we can spend together with our busy and most of the time unpredictable schedules," Alex smiled, then boldly added as they headed back towards the base.

"I've got nothing planned for the rest of the day, how about you? We could just hang out, go to the gym, catch a movie, have dinner… Be normal I guess, whatever that means. I still would like some help with that mind thing too, but that can wait."

[member="Kahne Porte"]

Kahne couldn't help but chuckle and then he faced forward so that he wouldn't crash the vessel as they made their way back to port. While it was hard to take his eyes of off Alexandra, he tried his best to remain professional with such great beauty. It seemed at the moment though the Jedi Master was failing at that part. Kahne brought the ship to dock lowering it down to the steel floor as the ladder was extended out on their side, however as he powered things down he took a deep breath and exhaled slowly while looking back to Alexandra.

She spoke and reverberated what he was saying about spending some time together and that in truth made Kahne smile a bit more. "I believe any time I can get with you I will count as a blessing." Kahne smirked slightly as he glanced ahead as it seemed that others were awaiting the use of the vessel they were in.

"We could go watch a film at the rec center, I'm not that picky when it comes to holofilms. And maybe afterwards I can make you dinner at my quarters in the temple?" The Jedi inquired as the hatch above opened up so that they could climb out. Kahne cleared his throat a bit as he stood up and began the descent out of the training craft, while he waited and wondered what she was going to say.

"Like wise… I try not to take good things for granted as they seem to be getting rarer these days," she nodded in agreement to Kahne's blessing statement. It was true who knew what tomorrow would bring or was around the corner anymore. The galaxy was in such turmoil anymore one just needed to grab what little happiness they could; even if it was for just a moment or two like now for them.

Alexandra quickly followed the Jedi Master out of the cockpit and down the ladder. They'd been out a good hour or so and now the flight instructors were eager to get their cadets out there. Alleycat gave the instructor a mock salute as she passed him, then caught up with her flying companion.

"A holofilm and dinner sound great. I haven't had a home cooked meal in… Well I can't remember. This will be a date to remember then," Alex smiled brightly, then motioned to her side of the locker room and walked in.

It didn't take the pilot too long, then the brandy-eyed brunette was ready to go; changed back into her jeans, tank, and leather bomber jacket with a pair of half-boots covering her feet.

[member="Kahne Porte"]

A date...

Kahne inquired with a small chuckle as she walked towards the dressing room, and that in itself made the Jedi a little nervous. Then again he tried to push past that and think that it would be good, and they were just letting loose and enjoying each others company. The Jedi made his way to his side of the locker room as he changed out into his clothes that he was in and the put up the flight suit. Kahne feeling that he would be back here again sometime soon.

The Jedi left the room and met up with Alexandra again and smiled at her as he closed the distance between them.

"So, what kind of films do you like, I hear there is a good spy like film out. But then again I'm open to anything really. Your choice..." The Jedi said with a small smile as he nudged her lightly with his arm as they head towards the rec center.

Alexandra felt flutters in her stomach as the Jedi Master closed the distance between them while waiting for him outside the pilots' locker room. She had said date, right? Was that what this was now? Or were they still just two having a day of fun out together? Thinking about it made the Taanabian even more nervous so she pushed that line of thought out of her mine and just concentrated on the here and now.

"I was going to suggest a spy flick as well… Were you reading my mind Master Jedi? Get out of my head, Porte?!" Alex smirked with gleeful eyes and a playful slap to his arm after he nudged her teasingly. She knew he hadn't… at least the Rogue didn't think so or that Kahne would without asking permission first, right?

After they entered the Base's expansive rec room with many different entertainment options for personnel stationed there, the two made their way over to where the theater area was located. And of course one couldn't experience a holofilm without popcorn.

"A tub of popcorn with extra butter please, and a diet fizz pop for me," Alex said to the refreshment counter worker, then turned to the dark-haired Jedi at her side.

"The movie and snack are my treat… since you so kindly offered to make me dinner and already bought me breakfast. Want to share the tub or do you want your own?" she smiled, pulling a credit chit out of a small coin purse that had been in her jacket pocket and sliding it across the counter to the girl waiting on Kahne to place his order too.

[member="Kahne Porte"]

"My apologies, I can't help it sometimes." Kahne said with a small laugh and jest as she hit his arm playfully. The Jedi entered the rec room with Alexandra and he stopped for a moment and glanced around and took a deep breath as his eyes widened up a bit. This place was actually pretty incredible. While his time here, he hadn't actually stopped and checked this place out, he regretted that immediately.

"Umm..." Kahne said with a chuckle as he glanced around for a bit. "I'll just take a drink, same as her just regular." Kahne said with a small smile. "I'd love to share popcorn with you, if you don't mind." Kahne said as he winked at her then accepted his drink and as he glanced to Alexandra. "Thanks for this, Alexandra." The Jedi said with a warm smile, and not just talking about the drink, but just for everything in general.

It was a true blessing and experience...

Kahne led the way as he took a liking to the middle section area directly in the middle, it seemed there were some others attending, but they had chosen to sit up close. He took a small sip of his drink as he then placed it in the holder. The movie was about to start, and Kahne couldn't help but lean in to her slightly and whisper. "It's been a long time since I've seen a holofilm." He smirked as he then reached in for some popcorn.

"No I don't mind at all… And you're very much welcome," Alex smiled back warmly at the Jedi Master. "To be honest, I'm really glad we met. I'm having a blast so thank you as well," she added before taking a sip of the dark-colored carbonated drink in her hand.

It was true. This was definitely the most fun Alexandra had had in a very long time, and the company was really growing on her as each minute went by.

Again, the pilot wondered if Kahne had read her mind as the seats he chose were just the location she would have picked herself. Course it could be that they were just two peas in a pod…

The brandy-eyed brunette sat down next to the Jedi with the popcorn tub in hand along with her drink in the other; placing the fizz pop in the cup holder and handing Kahne some napkins for the butter-covered, salty fingers no doubtably he'd have after indulging.

After getting squared away, crossing one long leg over the other with her booted foot jetting towards the Jedi Master's lower leg, Alexandra put the tub on her knee, then dug in as the farm girl wasn't too shy about eating especially when it was a tasty treat.

"Me too, though hopefully we won't have to wait so long for the next time, hmm?" Alex whispered back with a wink, then looked forward to watch the start of the many previews to be shown before the actual movie began.

[member="Kahne Porte"]

I'm glad we met too...

That was what was going through the mind of the Jedi Master. Perhaps it was because he hadn't had an ordinary conversation with someone in a good long time, or it was Alexandra herself. They had the connection, he had thought this before, during their brief time together. Time would tell, and he couldn't remember the last time he smiled for even laughed this much in his lifetime. Kahne smirked as he thought about it while the previews were going.

"Thanks." Kahne said, while he wasn't sure if he was saying thanks for the napkins,popcorn, or for her.

"Definitely not to long..." Kahne whispered as got some more popcorn accidentally touching his hand with her. "Sorry." Kahne whispered with a soft yet silent chuckle, placing the popcorn in his mouth and chewing lightly, while wiping his hands with the napkin. The beginning of the movie turned out to be quite good, in his opinion. It partially grabbed his attention through its intro as he caught himself stealing some glances to look over at Alexandra and flash a smile.

https://youtu.be/k6y3lwwokg4​

It wasn't a minute later that Alexandra's hand accidentally touched the Jedi Master's while blindly grabbing for some popcorn in the tub she held as the opening scene of the spy flick caught the pilot's attention; a military flight scene, duh?!

"Oops, I'm sorry as well… Seems we can't keep our hands off each other," the brandy-eyed brunette chuckled in a whispered voice, flashing a lop sided grin Kahne's way before popping the apprehended morsels into her mouth.

After they both seemed to have their fill of the popcorn, Alexandra put the mostly-eaten tub down on the floor, then relaxed back into her seat deeper, leaning onto the armrest that was between their theater chairs more so than before. She took a sip of her pop, then put it back into the cup holder as the main plot of the movie began to play out.

From time to time, the Rogue would casually glance over to the ruggedly handsome Jedi to see what his reactions were to the film. This was nice and simply enjoyable. She liked seeing his great smile reach his eyes. He seemed to be having a good time as well, and that made Alexandra happy.

[member="Kahne Porte"]

"Perhaps that is a sign for something." Kahne whispered back to her noting her wink as took in glanced to her and from the film another second or two. The beginning was quite good, he had to say. This guy really knew what he was doing. Kinda reminded him of himself...nah. The Jedi wiped his hands with the napkin once more as he glanced over and she had set the tub down and he couldn't help but feel she had leaned in more towards the center rest, just as he did.

Arms brushing against each other briefly as he seemingly caught her smiles as she looked his way. The movie was quite enjoyable all throughout, however he was mainly having fun and glad because Alexandra was with him. She seemed to understand him without actually fully knowing who he was, but then there was a saying that you could learn everything about someone within a day just by looking into their eyes and seeing their soul. Kahne nudged Alexandra lightly with his arm as he glanced over to her right after the bad guy was seemingly crushed.

"Terrible way to go." Kahne whispered to her with a smile on his face.

"Indeed. Poor man," Alex smiled back at the Jedi Master in playful hushed tone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-WS8FF0TRfw​
The motorcycle chase made the brandy-eyed brunette giggle softly at a couple of key parts. In fact, she had to bite her lip at one point to keep a snort from coming out. The Rogue could so see herself in that situation; handcuffed to her partner trying to escape from the enemy, and the lively tension-filled banter to boot. It was right down her alley.

Alexandra smiled again, then leaned in closer to Kahne so that her lips were just a hair's width from his ear as her outside hand came to rest on his inner forearm.

"I'm loving this… Good choice."

[member="Kahne Porte"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom