Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Just a Feeling

Jairdain had an understanding to a degree of the relationship of these little wolves to the person they were bonded with. She also knew they could hear and understand her. It might have just been her, but somehow she didn't think so. Reaching out a hand to pet Kira if she allowed and Jairdain assumed she would since she had climbed up into her lap.

"So you're what he uses to control that ability. It's a good thing you're there for him. If only you could speak to me there is much I would like to know."

Her head ache had subsi​ded by now and while Solan might have heard what she said to Kira, she did not speak it to him. Nodding finally when he said he would be back, she turned her attention back to Kira.

Not paying attention to the amount of time that passed, she actually chattered at Kira while he was away. If any of the conversation was shared with Solan, she wouldn't know, but it was mostly just babble to pass the time.

[member="Solan Charr"]

[member="Jairdain"]

Solan would be hard at work for the majority of the time he spent digging out the snow cave, but one problem he was running into was that the snow could only be compacted so far with the force and he was having troubles making the cave large enough for two people to be comfortable. The thought caused him to lean back against the inside of the snow cave and look around, only one area large enough for sleeping as it was elevated and he had begun chipping away at a place they could put a light or anything they could find that had surived and would help them.

Solan would find information being passed onto him, words spoken by Jairdain to Kira who was attentively listening to the woman as she talked. He would be informed of her past and the past woes that troubled her, things that he had not been told and he paused, thinking on how little he had told her. She was telling Kira this much, likely knowing that the man Kira was connected to would know as well.

It was roughly an hour later he would pull himself back out, the snow cave as big as he could get it for now with the limited tools he had and looking at Jairdain as he came out of the hole. He was staring at her face as he came out and watching her and Kira with a content and happy look on her face. Solan was staring again before clearing his throat and looking up and away, seeing if the sky was discolored at all, looking for any sign of night coming.

"Snow cave is done, its a bit tight though, I hope you are ok with that..."

Not knowing how much had been relayed to Solan, she stopped speaking when he came out from digging the cave. She was not at all embaressed having been chatting like a school girl to Kira and smiled up at him when he spoke.

"It will be fine. Besides, it'll be easier to keep warm with less space to try and heat up."

His gaze on her had been felt and she wondered exactly he was looking for. He had commented on her beauty before, but Jairdain did not feel it was as simple as that.

Reaching out with the Force, she would again attempt to connect with the nature around them.

"Nightfall is about one standard hour away, I think. Some animals are getting tired and others are starting to stir."

[member="Solan Charr"]​

[member="Jairdain"]

"Hmm... it was daylight earlier quite well... if Nightfall is that quick." He tried to figure out the frame of time that might have passed in the time he was not taking stock on.

"I don't think this planet's cycles are very long, which makes things difficult. We wont have much time during the day to set up signals for help, or search the wreckage... even now I am cautious about going out when I do not know what the wildlife of this planet is like." He thought on the matter and looked at her, the chill of the setting sun starting to settle in as the cold air dropped into their ditch. He knew what they had to do and reaching up, he gathered the branches he would be able to drag into the snow cave.

"I suggest we use tonight to rest and recover, and worry about setting up such things tomorrow and preparing for our rescue then. Especially with the uncertainties that we have in this situation... can you see well enough to follow me through the tunnel or do you need my help?"

He knew how force sight worked, he had used it himself, but snow was lifeless and the snow probably made any identification of features near impossible for her. She could probably still see things, but with how the snow worked, it was possible she might not be able to separate what was where in this state. He would drag the branches into the cave and set up the area they would rest in for the night, keeping them off the frozen rise and keep their body temperature up as a result. It was then that he crawled back out and reached out to her, offering his hand.

"I don't know how well your sight is right now, but I would like to provide you a crutch, just incase. You could still be injured too, and I would be worried if you were to make it worse." He would withdraw his hand if she decline, but if not he would lead her into the snowcave, a small flame illuminating it without giving off too much heat, not wanting to melt the inside of the structure.

Time passage of day or night meant little to Jairdain with her physical world already being dark. However, she knew how important it was to others and did her best to adjust to them. She listened to his suggestions and nodded. What he said about her ability to see or not in the snow made her think he really knew what it was like to be blind.

She fully accepted his offer and took the hand Solan held out.

"I am pretty sure I'm not injured. However, if you have any medical training, you can look me over."

Fully intending it as ​she said it in a clinical manner, Jairdain realized another way those words could be interpreted. The light he had there for himself was a blessing in its own way and a sign of life. She couldn't tell through her vision how small the area was, but that was fine with her.

"You do good work."

[member="Solan Charr"]

[member="Jairdain"]

Solan led her carefully into snow cave, knowing the tunnel to get in was a bit rough if one could not see clearly. It was only when they were inside that he led her over to the small area that he had kept risen up above the rest and sat down as best he could. It was agonizingly small for two people, but it would work and he was grateful for that much.

"Like I said before, I apologize for how small it is, there is barely enough room for one person so things will be a bit uh... close." It that wasn't already shown by the mere fact of how close the two were when it came to sitting, if they intended to rest at all... well. The two of them would need to give over any awkwardness that would arise from such a prospect, which left Solan looking at the flame and moving it to the middle of the snowcave while he let her take an understanding of the situation.

In the meantime, he watched Kira sit in the small area that had been carved out for lights and other things that would be found from the wreckage to help them, claiming it as hers for the night.

"Your choice if you want to lay on the inside of the outcrop or not..." He said, clearing his throat again and smiling at her, letting her choose whether she wanted to be on the edge of the small platform, or on the inside.

Sitting down next to Solan, she would attempt to reassure him that what he had done was fine. Not in words, but in her emotions and body movement. If there was one thing that could be said of Jairdain is she was not exactly modest. She wouldn't strip in front of him, but the close confines did not bother her.

He may have been watching Kira and eventually Jairdain's Force gaze found her as well. The little wolf had obviously found herself a place to sleep for the night and sat sitting maybe even watching them back.

"I'll take the inside, if you don't mind Solan."

There was an unconscious on her part. That unspoken need for comfort in her troubled times. He may or may not pick up on that and she did nothing to keep it hidden. However, it was far from her surface thoughts or feelings.

[member="Solan Charr"]

[member="Jairdain"]

Solan just nodded and would relax against the wall, letting her take her place while h losed his eyes and waited for her to be comfortable. The time would pass agonizingly slowly and the cold made it hard to relax or even become tired. It would also still be daytime if he was not wrong on any planet he was familiar with, which made this early night hard on his mind and forced him to wear out his mind on tasks.

Once she was settled, he would settle in too, his hands resting on his chest and him looking at the rooft of the snow cave once he was laying down. His eyes remained there for a long while, thinking on the situation but finally he decided to break the silence, should she still be awake. He wanted to address what he had been told earlier and tell her about some things.

"I used to live on Dantooine, my family lived there and it is still maintained so whenever I return to it, things are not in disrepair. My... father and mother died there, it was... a rough day to say the least. It only went down hill from there to be honest. I left the planet after and ended up on Nar Shadaa..." He started to tell her, looking to his side and at her face, realizing how close they were, almost no air between them.

"Figured I would tell you a bit more after the information Kira had passed on... I know you knew she might, and she could if she wanted to, so it was only right."

She did not lay with her back to him and it did not take too long for her to get comfortable. Maybe it feel like ages to him because of the cold creeping in. After she stopped moving, he took the time to do the same and they laid side by side. When he spoke of his past, Jairdain listened. Her full attention was on him. He told her a little of his younger life when his parents were still alive, but that they had died there.

It was truly something she could sympathize with. That he ended up on Nar Shadda brought home a bit of the current pain she felt. A part of that which that brought her on this journey. Her first love was from there and not long after the fall of Commenor, he had asked her to wipe his mind. By this action, he had given up any memory of their love. It had been one of the catalysts that brought her here and now.

"I wondered if the little devil was doing that. Since I'm not sure how much she did tell you, I lost my parents and all my people when I was 15."

Jairdain meant no real offense to Kira and the first part was said with enough humor to indicate this.

"What a ride different lives can take. But we can either take things as they come or give up. I am a fighter and will make it through this rough ride."

[member="Solan Charr"]

[member="Jairdain"]

He smiled as she talked and listened to her, his eyes staring at the low ceiling of the cave. The flamewas starting to flicker out, doing so as he was letting himself relax right now. He did not need to keep the light going with both of them lying side by side, his body half falling off without they were laying and he wondered if he should say something but realized how things would be like if he did so. After all, the would need to lay on their sides if they were to fit better on the platform, which made him glance at her again.

He moved a bit closer to her, the discomfort of laying half off the platform getting to him and not realizing how close he was to her at that moment. His mind was on other things that distracted him, primarily how they were going to get off this planet but when she talked about her life he cut that thought free. He listened with interest and smiled, turning on is side to talk without craning his neck to the side.

"She told me, and thank you for telling me a bit about your past. That was wholely unnecessary but you did none the less." He continued after a moment.

"And considering the display back on the ship, I can certainly see you being a fighter... heres hoping some of the alcohol remained now that I think about it... I could use a drink."

The physical proximity was something Jairdain understood and thought nothing odd of it when he moved closer to her and then rolled to face her. She had the feeling sleep was going to elude both of them for a while, they could lay on their sides and just talk until one or the other drifted off. She did the same and they now rested face to face. It gave them both room and allowed the heat to gather between them.

With a little bit of a smile, just a mere shadow of one, she nodded slightly.

"What else is there to do, but talk at least on my end? I'm not much help here."

Falling quiet for a moment, her focus drifted just slightly and then back to Solan.

"Why is it you need the drink now?"

[member="Solan Charr"]

[member="Jairdain"]

"Would help warm the heart." He answered simply, smiling to himself and turning his eyes to the woman who had turned and now was laying with her face infront of his.

"Ive been relying on Alcohol to numb my thoughts and feelings for a long while, and this is no such exception. Being a bit stranded here doesn't bother me, but if I could, I would drown out the day." He said, the smile disappearing as he laid there, a sigh escaping him as he reached up and removed the glasses. He would set them down nearby and then look at her again, studying her face for a few moments.

It was about then that the flame cut out entirely, and the two were left laying there with no light or anything to color the world around them.

"Things really are strange these days, this crash only being the top of the iceberg." He said, nothing to focus on as there was no light at all.

When she asked her question, she had meant it. Jairdain really wanted to know the answer. To learn about the man she was stranded with and maybe get to know him better than just what was on the surface.

His answer was two fold or more. Not yet probing exactly what he meant, she listened as he continued. He used drinking to numb what he felt and for what she was going through in her own life, she understood what he meant. It was what she had been trying to do for a while now. Never quite accomplishing it fully though.

Through the Force she was aware of his gaze and when the flame went out. There was barely a hand width between them, but enough for her to place hers there. It was cupped slightly but she would focus there for a moment. A small orb of light appeared there for him. It would allow him to see her. Not being very bright, it might bring him some small comfort. There was no heat from the light, but the glow was warm to look at.

"I told you the top of my ice burg on the ship. There is more to it. It's going to be hours before either of us are able to sleep. Though after the work you did, you may go before I do. What rests under the water with you?"

Jairdain was not going to press further if he expressed too much resistance to her questions, but she felt the need to try and help him. It would also probably help her.

[member="Solan Charr"]​

[member="Jairdain"]

Solan blinked as light filled the space again and he smiled, seeing her face once more, the smile small and only touching his lips for a moment.

She was asking what lay below that surface and he considered telling her for a few long moments with his mind going through what was best to tell her. He paused and after a while sighed, reaching to his side, hand resting on a gem he kept on his person.

His hand let go of that gem after a while and he leaned his head forward alittle, closing his eyes.

"Well, there has been plenty that has happened in the years, from things as small as betrayal of someone who was my friend... to the two deaths I hold dear the most. But... it all mixes with my empathy and with events that have made it hard to even stay me sometimes. The feelings of others make it so that you become lost and I do not know how much of myself remains in here." He reached up, tapping the side of his head.

Sensing the small comfort her dim light brought, Jairdain maintained it for him. After she asked her question, silence fell between them, but it was a thoughtful one. The movement Solan made was not lost on her, but she did not question it. Just something she would allow him the time to explain when he wanted to. If he ever did.

She was silent while he was thinking on if he wanted to answer her. He again gave a partial answer, but nothing was false in what he said. There was no real purpose in lying and she appreciated the honesty. Their stories did mesh well together and even though it was something sad, a faint smile came across her lips. Keeping silent until he finished her attention followed his hand to his head where he tapped it.

As she listened, her heart truly reached out to him. It wasn't in a romantic sense or even a physical need of hers.

"Oh Solan. Two lives so similar and two different people. My first love is dead, my second may as well be and my last...is missing. That is another thing that brought me here. Those losses have just added up. I remain me though as what I go through had made me what I am. I am sure you still remain in there. I can help."

[member="Solan Charr"]

[member="Jairdain"]

He smiled, listening to her words but knowing his mind well enough that what she said was not so simple. He was in there, some where, but so were thousands of other minds, those who's last moments had been recorded and stored in his mind to be used for later... or worse yet the ones who had died during the massacre on Macab. Solan's eyes turned down to the ground between them now and his mood dropped.

"Thank you, but its not that simple Jairdain. I appreciate the offer though." He truly believed that his mind was a lost cause. His body itself was dying constantly, deteriorating and straining to even stay alive without the monthly visits he was forced to take in order to merely stay going. This was one of those months, the ship having been only a stop on his way to Alderaan.

It was something he hoped would not effect him by the time they got out of here and he could charter a new craft to the planet. It would be an unsightly situation that he did not intend for the woman to see. Her blindness would keep her from seeing more obvious effects, but sooner or later the effects manifested in his presence and in his tie to the force itself, slowly corroding like it was being eaten by acid.

He didn't want to mention this to her, he didn't know how or for what reason he would.

"Nothing is ever so simple."

When his mood dropped​, it was actually a good sign to Jairdain. It went deeper than his surface emotions and she actually clung to it a little. Much in the same way he had started to do on the now crashed ship. Not taking it from him, but using it to try and make him open just a little more. Her touch was quite gentle and subtle, but she did not attempt to keep it hidden from him.

"Allow me the opportunity to help. The worst that can happen is I fail and you will remain locked away."

She did not push herself​ any further and waited on what Solan would say or how he would react to the touch she had on him.

[member="Solan Charr"]

[member="Jairdain"]

Solan considered her offer and laid there silent, trying to think on how to respond to her.

"I don't know Jairdain, I... handle things on my own and this is something that I have long given up on..."

Solan truly was not certain if he would ever be able to separate the minds that were consuming his own. He assumed it would purging the old minds but if he could not separate those inside, how could he figure out which one was his to begin with. He thought on the matter, trying to think about all of this, trying to considering things.

He sighed and looked at the wall again.

"Try it." He finally said, silent and not looking at her. "Just... don't look too far if you can avoid it."

When Solan did not pull away from her light touch on his drooping mood, she maintained that hold. He said he was unsure and that he handled things on his own. That he had long given up on figuring out. When he fell silent, there was the certain feeling that he honestly couldn't separate himself from what he had picked up from others. However, Jairdain had a very good idea of how to accomplish the help she offered.

He still hesitated, but it didn't last much longer before he consented for her to try.

"I will only look as far as you allow me, Solan. I do need some help though."

The focus she had altere​d just slightly and moved to him when she said her last words.

"Think and feel. Share with me and this can be repaired."

[member="Solan Charr"]

[member="Jairdain"]

Solan's eyes tracked down to the ground again, thinking on the matter and trying to figure out if he was doing the right thing. His eyes closed though and he nodded, letting his mind open to her and dropping his guards one by one. Kira's head slowly rose, staring at Jair and watching her from behind Solan, almost protectively so as the wolf's tail slid out from around her. The Wolf was in no means going to let something happen that would disect it's bond to Solan, ready to move if so.

Solan was a bit more trusting though, Letting her have free range for now and as she would look, she would find herself in a living room. Doors connected to each wall but sitting there and drinking tea was a young woman. She hummed to herself, a small tune that could be faintly heard matching her voice, the soft sound of a violin in the distance. This woman, with red hair and bright blue eyes eventually set the cup down and smiled at Jairdain.

"Welcome, it is good to see someone taking pity on him. Might I be so quick to ask your name?" The woman stood, walking around the seat she had occupied and reached Jairdain, holding out a hand.

"Im Kira, someone very interested in seeing you succeed."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom