Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Just a Feeling

Travelling for pleasure and relaxation was odd for Jairdain. However, the events of her recent past had told her she needed to get away from everything. So that is exactly what she did. Not hiding who or what she was, she did not want or expect any special treatment.

She boarded the public vessel and took a seat. If this had been something related to her position with the Commoenori or Fel government, her accommodations would have been better. However that isn't what she wanted. Instead she searched for just a sense of simple acceptance as much as could be given to a blind human.

Even granted with the Force, it was clear she was blind from the unfocused gaze of her eyes. Jairdain navigated fine though.

For one of the first times in her life, Jairdain actually felt more alone than she had before. The only other time this kind of feeling had been around her was about ten years ago. At the time when her people banished her and they then died. Being the last of her kind in the galaxy had given her that feeling.

This time it was a different feeling of being alone and more one of the heart. She did not reject company, but so far nobody had approached her to keep her company for this trip.

[member="Solan Charr"]

[member="Jairdain"]

Solan had been on the ship that day for one reason, and one reason alone, to follow a criminal he had caught wind of. Normally Aithne would be handling these sort of things, but she was busy with her Commenor assignment and he wanted to deal with this one personally. He was connected to the gan that had caused Kira so much pain when Solan was a young man, before he had gone off and never seen the woman again.

His eyes focused on the Rodian's head as he walked along the dining and bar area of the ship, until he found himself needing to look a bit more natural. His eyes moved along the room and he found something rather interesting, a woman who clearly was blind but could move through the people without issue. Eventually she took her seat and he came up to her side, taking the seat next to her and waving for a drink as he smiled.

The man used drink to dull his own feelings, but his empathy remained as strong as ever. He worked the guards on his mind and with the help of the Ashlan wolf with him, he was able to focus his empathy on Jairdain herself. The feeling he got was familiar and as a glass of ale made it to his hand, he placed it to the side and infront of the woman he sat beside.

"I suggest a drink, it takes the edge off." He smiled at her, but did not push on her to accept it.

What another person was doing on this ship was of little concern to Jairdain, but with how she felt, she wasn't going to turn the new company away. She felt him through the Force along with the light touch he gave her. Not one to intentionally probe, she was also an empathic person, but he was a mystery. Surface emotions were quite clear to her, but nothing deep.

As he sat down, he placed it near to her and gave his suggestion.

She did pick it up and turn it around a few times and gave a bit of a sad smile in understanding. However, a touch of humor would show in her words.

"Don't you want to at least know the name of the person you're buying a drink for?"

Taking a drink of it though, she did agree with his words. She had done it before.

[member="Solan Charr"]

[member="Jairdain"]

"When I see a sad beauty sitting along and with nothing infront of her to drink, it makes me a tad sad myself. So no, I don't need to know the name of a dark haired beauty if a drink can bring a smile to her face, no matter how sad." He said, speaking like it was natural and smiling when his own drink reached him. It looked to be a bottle of whiskey at a quick glance, one he happily held in his hands and tilted it back once the cap was removed.

He sat there silently with her, not disturbing her thoughts or her mind with questions or conversation for now. Instead the two would drink, him not knowing whether she was more of a lightweight or not. He himself was no such thing, having drown himself in drink more than his fair share of times and he could sit here with the bottle in his hand as long as the night went on, without dulling too far.

After a few minutes, he did speak again, addressing her feelings.

"I can feel you touching the surface of my mind too, and I am certain you know I am like you in a way. Why are you so distraught?" He looked at her, with curious eyes but slowly saddening ones. If she picked up on it, it would soon become clear he was taking her sadness on as his own and helping her relax.

She listened to his words and nodded. From what Jairdain could tell from them was he likely understood to a certain extent what she felt. Taking another drink, she would be considered a lightweight not having had more than one previous drink. It would soon be known if this single ale had any serious effect on her.

It was nice to share what was a comfortable silence and just having a drink. When he did speak again, he acknowledged the mutual probes and she did sense some curiosity from him. He ask what had put her in such a mood and his attempt to take her sadness away. Shaking her head slightly at him, it was a natural reaction of hers to withhold her feelings and keep them herself.

Not at all mad at him, she raised one hand as if to motion for him to stop.

"We are yet we are not. Do you really want to know?"

An answer would be provided if he really wanted to know, but for the moment, Jairdain did not answer.

[member="Solan Charr"]

[member="Jairdain"]

He smiled and stopped what he was doing when she motioned for such. He understood, knowing he would probably react the same way if it were her trying to take on his pains and woes. After all, they made them who they were, and that was simply that.

It was her second set of words that caused his brow to raise and him to drink from the bottle once more. He thought on if he really wanted to know, or if he was simply trying to give the woman an out for her thoughts, with little interest in why himself. The thoughts stirred in his mind and he took each side into account before smiling at her and raising the bottle a bit higher.

"A part of me does want to know, as I can sympathize with your sadness. But it is up to you on whether you wish to tell me, as I am sure such thoughts are very private. I would not push you unless you were truly ok with such." He lowered the bottle back down and moved to lean forward on the counter, having forgotten about his target.

"I must say though, if it helps at all. You are a very beautiful woman, and shouldn't be sad, it only makes hearts weep with you."

"Thank you."

She meant those two words. Knowing he had been trying to help in a way, she was still thankful he had stopped. These things made her who she was and without them, she would be a different person. Taking life as it came, Jairdain usually faced things head on and alone. At certain times, she had turned to people for help and maybe it was time to do that with a new person. ​

Her question gave him pause to think, but with his barriers up and her not looking beyond the surface, she couldn't get a read on what he really felt. Somehow though when he did answer, she sensed he was telling her the truth. She could feel the sympathy from him and nodded. Hearing what he said about her looks and that she shouldn't be sad, she did smile slightly more.

That aura of pain and sorrow still surrounded her, but his words help her feel a little better. At least not so down on herself, but still at the situation as a whole bothered her.

"I can tell you about some of the pain. The parts that don't deal so closely with the heart."

Jairdain kept it simple​. Speaking of the fall of Commenor at the hands of the Sith. One detail she did include was her role as advisor to the crown prince. What she left out was her relationship with him and how right now he was missing. That was a matter of the heart and not something she wanted to share with a stranger.

[member="Solan Charr"]

[member="Jairdain"]

Solan listened with his eyes moving from her to his drink as she told her story, listening to its intricacies and its simple points. He wondered if this woman suffered as she had rightfully, knowing the universe sometimes gave onto those what they deserved from time to time. He stared at her for a moment and dashed that thought from his mind, sure that she was not one that the Universe held an issue with. If anything, she were far more a saint than himself.

After a while, when she had completed her story, he just looked at his bottle and moved the liquid inside around in a circle. He sighed and glanced at her drink, seeing how much she had gone through and if it had been a considerable amount he would pose his next question.

"Need another, trust me when I say I won't be going far, and the drink could do you some good. It will certainly do so for myself." He smiled at her and raised the bottle enough to get the bartender's attention, tilting the bottle back and drinking down the rest of the bottle.

"I must say, your story is interesting and something I can sympathize with... Commenor you said? I know a good friend there, she tends to like tea and moved her throne recently. So I couldn't quite sit in it the last time I had visited, but it would seem I was not too far from where you resided miss.... I apologize, I don't know your name." He said, smiling as the new bottle got to him, and he continued as he had before.

The first drink was pretty much gone when he told her she needed another and that he wouldn't be going far. Jairdain nodded and smiled something closer to a real one when he mentioned Kay.

"Lady Kay is such a good woman. I wouldn't say she and I are good friends, but certainly more than two people knowing one another. To be honest, I wouldn't have thought her to be one that had a throne. Though it totally makes sense."

Finishing off the drink,​ she set the glass down on the table.

"How do you know Kay? I am Jairdain Ismet. Who may I thank for the drinks?"

The glass on the table started to vibrate slightly, but she assumed they were just passing through a storm of some sort.

[member="Solan Charr"]

[member="Jairdain"]

He smiled and gave her a bow of his head, taking another drink from the new bottle and shaking his head as she asked about Kay.

"Solan Charr, a pleasure to meet you Jairdain. I was one of the first people to welcome her after she returned to the galaxy. We worked together on and off throughout the years, ive invaded her palace a few times to say hi or to try and help correct some poor choices of her at one point. She skirted rather close to darkness at one point and I must say that she was an interestingly difficult person to understand at times."

He blinked as the ship shock a second time. The glasses sitting above them rattled for a second before the ship made a sudden rock to the side and Solan would find himself falling being slammed into the counter itself as the ship's power was out. Lights disppaeared and the little he could see was from emergency lights that he could not see well. That was, until it started to get hot, hotter than it should. Outside the viewport, a streak of orange could be seen and something past by it rapidly.

Something was wrong, and the ship was burning up for whatever reason. His guess was they had come out by a system too close and the ship was damaged by the gravity field, and with no way to repair it...

"Were caught in the gravity." He said to himself and looked around, the air getting hotter still and definitely not going to stop any time soon. He needed to protect himself and he did the best he could, reaching out with the force to erect a bubble around himself, and due to the closeness of the two, Jairdain herself. Should she do the same, it would help but if she were knocked out or unable to hold her concentration, she would have little to worry about. Even if Solan did not notice she was inside the bubble he was creating, she would, and she would know it would hold enough for them to atleast survive as the ship began to roast on the inside, panels tore away, and ship burst on the side, pulling people out as it closed the distance between it and the ground. It was only a moment too late that Solan noticed the protective bubble would not be anchored and he went wide eyed a moment before the ship hit the ground.

What came next was his body and the bubble itself travelling at terminal velocity, right into the bulkhead with Jairdain in tow.

Tipping her head as he provided his name, she listened to what he said about Kay. In her time with the prince, she had learned a great many things about the queen.

"To be fair nob...."

And with that, they were thrown together. His barrier covered both of them and she reinforced it with one of her own. It was probably a good thing she was physically blind. While she felt the lives lost around her, she did not see what was going on.

It was a good thing Jairdain could think fast in most situations. Their respective barriers combined probably could take the hit heading at them, but it would cause each of them injury. While this was quite often a part of life, Jairdain had never actually been seriously hurt physically. Starved and beaten, but alive. Mentally torn apart twice and put back together. Not feeling like becoming scrambled eggs, there would be a strong wind around them.

This wind was brought on by her ability to connect with the Force through her adoption with the Kashi. A wind controlled by her and it caught the bubble containing the two of them and held them suspended in the air. The wind itself being an anchor and followed the ship down. She did not allow them to be sucked out, though it might have been better if she had.

When the crash happened, she ended up losing her hold on the barrier, but that wind kept them buffered from being harmed.

[member="Solan Charr"]

[member="Jairdain"] helped strengthen and hold them in the air but something happened, something caused her focus to wane and before he could react the crash happened and his body lurched forward. What remained of his barrier and her wind stopped them from slamming into the bulkhead, but they were still moving and contained in his bubble when he hit. This left her to slam into him, and while the hit was far less serious than it could have been, it still was enough to knock him out as their heads connected.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

He would pass out quietly, the small voice of his Ashlan wolf keeping him from slipping into the void completely though and it would not be long before he would find himself blinking awake with metal panels having come down and covered him, wires sparking, and a smell he knew too well touching his nose. Those who were not sucked out would have been stuck in the ship when it came down, and with that the superheated oven that the ship had become.

His body moved slowly but found Jairdain was barely more than a foot away. She had been knocked unconscious in the crash as well, but was very much alive. He figured she was probably still in the void, and would have to help her back as Kira had for him, pushing the metal off their bodies and grabbing her body carefully. The hole that had been torn open was useful, giving him a quick exit as he moved to carry her towards it and look outside.

What he found was a wooded area, deep in the middle of it's winter and the ship's mangled corpse strung around the area. He sighed and knew there was no fixing the ship which left them in a bad situation until someone followed up on the ship's disappearance. He looked down at her again and sighed, his feet pushing off of the metal flooring and dropping down to the ground. The soft crunch of snow sounded in his ear when he landed and slowly he pushed through the snow, looking for a tree that was full, knowing a cleared area would be found around the drunk of that tree.

Such a divot was useful for keeping warm, even without the force and it did not take long for him to find what he wanted. Sliding down a to the bottom of the trench that formed around a tree trunk, he further cleared out the area with the force and set up a temporary place to rest Jair against. It would be dry, and far warmer than the cold outside of that tree side trench.

Once she was set down, he would reach up with the force, breaking the branches above them and letting them fall onto the top of the Tree Well that he had found, letting the air from the outside pass over their hole and keep it from dropping down into ditch. From there he himself sat down next to the tree as well, waiting for her to wake up.

After their heads met, Jairdain did not even have the opportunity to see stars before sleep took her. What happened was lost on her and she had no clue to the amount of time that had passed before her eyes opened. The fact her eyes opened meant she was alive and slowly her senses returned to her.

Her head hurt like it had been cracked in two. Doing a mental check over her body, there were no serious pains anywhere, but an ache all over. She then reached out with the Force and felt Solan near her.

"Are you okay? Thank you for saving my life there."

Saying nothing of her own hand in the matter, they had done it together.

[member="Solan Charr"]

[member="Jairdain"]

The man wasn't far so when she stired he simply had to look over his shoulder and look at her. A simple nod from him was the only reply for a moment while he sat there, but was soon followed as he allowed his voice to break the silence.

"Im fine, no major injury and we should be fine for a bit. The ship is absolutely mangled though, and the people... we are the only ones remaining. Needless to say, we won't be leaving here until a rescue ship gets to us, or if we are on an inhabited world, someone comes to check on the crash." He grabbed at his clothing and tugged on it to get it a bit tighter.

"Either way, we should stay near the ship. That will be the first place anyone looks for survivors, and it would be best for us not to get lost." He said as he looked down at his hands, breathing into them and rubbing them together.

"Are you doing ok?"

Concerned if she moved her head, she might lose any contents that were in her stomach, she chose to answer verbally.

"My head feels like it's split open and I ache all over, but I'm fine. No bones broken."

She agreed with his statement on staying near the ship. His question on if she was doing okay was met with that sad smile and a small chuckle.

"When it rains it pours. I highly doubt I would actually be missed. In time, I'm sure I will be fine. What happened to you to be able to sympathize so well?"

Her early life had gone pretty well. Barring when the kids made fun of her. It wasn't until she was a teenager that things had changed for her. However, she doubted he would want to hear of it. The thought struck her that he might. Who knew how long it would be before they were rescued?

[member="Solan Charr"]

[member="Jairdain"] asked about his own past and he glanced at her, his vision growing blurry and his hand reaching to grab for a hardened case that he kept on the inside of his jacket. A click sounded and the case was openned, a pair of glasses being removed and placed on the bridge of his nose.

"That is... complicated. Its been a long train that my life has been on for a long time... Ive known loss for a long time, going on nearly thirty years now and seems to be showing no end. I sat through the Republic's corruption, betrayals of very close friends, and being separated from someone, only to find them never again." He sighed and clicked the case shut, putting it back into his jacket and looking at her again.

He was smiling now, an equally sad smile that touched his lips and he spoke softly.

"Forgive me if I do not elaborate. Its a rough thing to think about and I tend to avoid talking about it." After all, when he did so, it followed with growing into a close relation with the person, even if just as a friend. And they were merely added to the body count when that happened.

"Im not sure how long the days are on this planet, so we will need something a bit more secure soon just in case the day night cycle is coming soon."

From the vague story he told her, it seemed that their pasts might be very similar. Though instead of thirty years, it had been around ten for her. Jairdain did not attempt to take his pain from her, but did give him sympathy. A sense of a kindred spirit.

"I too know what loss is. All my people just as a start. I'm from an unknown world or at least nobody has heard of it when I have said its name. Anyway, I am the last of them."

She could imagine it was difficult to think and talk about. It was a start though.

"There is nothing to forgive, Solan."

Sensing where he was in proximity to her, she reached a hand out to him. Stopping half way between the two of them. With such a short distance she could have easily​ touched him. Something stopped her though. Here she sensed there was going to be a need for each of them to reach out for the other and meet half way.

When he mentioned the we​ather, if her eyes could grow any less focused they would have. Reaching out with the Force, she was able to tell the weather, if a storm was coming. This skill did not allow her to know if night was coming or not, but she was in touch with nature. Depending on which animals were active, it might give them a clue as to what time it was.

"There is no storm coming today if that helps at all."

[member="Solan Charr"]

[member="Jairdain"]

His eyes moved to watch her start reaching over with her hand but stopping half way, his brow raising and him looking at her once more before softly smiling and touching her hand with his own to provide some level of comfort.

"Im not so much concerned with the weather itself, its the cold I worry for. We aren't exactly dressed for this weather and as the temperature drops, we will not be able to stay here unless we plan to freeze. I can do a pretty good amount with heat manipulation, but we will need to sleep at a certain point... something that will obviously make use of the force tough..." He looked at her and then to the snow in front of them, knowing how he could make things work.

Solan's hand left hers as he thought on that and moved to the snow infront of them, getting to work as he used the force to fashion a shovel of sorts from the snow and compacting it to a point where it was more or less ice. He then removed his jacket and wrapped it around the handle, working on chiseling out and digging a small tunnel that dipped down into the ground and would later need to curve up as he worked.

The Force helped compact the extra snow he was removing and allowed for a far cleaner and faster process as he worked, his eyes turning on Jair every so often and eventually the small black furred ashlan wolf that Solan had with him moved from Solan's clothing and his side to go sit in Jair's lap, trying to help keep that woman warm for now.

With his hand meeting hers half way, she smiled with him. He may not have seen it the same way she did, but to her it indicated he was willing to bend to meet her.

"You and I both know of heat manipulation. If you need a rest or break let me know and I can lend a hand. Won't be able to see much, but your eyes can guide my movements."

Food was also going to be something to worry about, but not just yet. Water wasn't an issue though with the snow all around them.

Not stopping him when he pulled away, there was a need for a better shelter while they were there. While he started working, there was silence between them, but not uncomfortable. Why waste breath when it was better saved for the work at hand.

However when his little wolf climbed into her lap, she couldn't help but give a real smile. One that lit up her face and almost made her glow slightly.

"You have one of these guys too! I know one other person that has one. Admitting this to you, I want one too."

@Solan Ch​arr

[member="Jairdain"] spoke of being able to provide heat as needed but he simply shook his head, knowing that this would be able to help them and he was certain he could find some kind of cold weather gear or atleast enough blankets to simulate such back at the ship wreckage as well as some lights that might still be operational. If he could get the two items and use them in the future, that would make the time they were forced here to be more bearable.

It was then that he heard her speak about Kira and he smiled as he looked back at her and paused, staring at her face for a few moments and seeing her almost glow with happiness, or atleast joy. His voice was caught in his throat for that moment and he coughed to try and clear up it up. He wasn't sure why he froze up like that but he did end up smiling at her.

"Kira is a good friend, shes provided me with some companionship when she could. But... her real work is keeping my head from bursting from other people's emotions. My Empathy isn't always controllable and she helps with the load... I think you would do well to have one of them as a companion. You would protect it without a doubt." He said, leaving her with a soft smile before getting back to work. He would need to crawl into that hole he was making soon, which would leave her alone for a few dozen minutes once he did.

"Ill be back in a short time, try to keep Kira Safe till then. I need to finish the inside of the snowcave." He said to her, letting her respond before disappearing for that time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom