Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Junction Jump and Carry On | [FO] Skism Hex + [GA] Carida Hex

Marina DeVoe

Not a flight attendant... just a risk.
Ship: Ship: Czerka transport with 2 seismic detonators
Tagging: Theo Vereen Theo Vereen / Open

Marina looked over to whom Theo had addressed as Dobson. She gave him an acknowledging nod. At least one of the prince's men had stepped up. Good right? At least the prince would know as to what she were looking to do made sense.

But Theo unexpectedly declined Dobson's offer for him to go with her. Instead, Theo choose to go with her instead.

"
Uhm...Ok..." he mumbled as she weren't certain if both men were content with that plan. Like, Theo himself seemed reluctant. But then why was he entertaining her?
Berkana he is so difficult to understand...she thought to herself.

" Good... better...you and I then.." Yes, she used proper basic. Hey, the girl were extensively educated. Besides, with someone who could talk up a storm in the middle of a calm bay, marina had to have learned good speech.

But where were the children's ward?
Marina's eyes immediately looked over to the turbo-lifts. The floors had the wards posted.
"Pediatrics' on the 4th... we should head there...... aherm, I believe..." Of course she knew for sure, but she made like she were guessing so as not to possibly seem like she were a know-it-all. She weren't really, but somehow she had the feeling that Theo may think that of her.

The two weren't on the best of terms...not even from the start. But her queen, Theo's mother by the way, had tried many times in having both come to a mutual understanding as to being able to co-exist in the same court, planet...universe really. But all of marina's attempts at making peace (her versions of it) had failed miserably. It were by some miracle of Berkana that neither one had come to physical altercations.

Ok, well she just did tackle him...that was fun in her opinion...but it were to save him. Like, if she hadn't, then how were she to inform her beloved queen that she witnessed her son get shot right next to her? Like, why had she just stood there and not do anything?
Such things were spinning and bouncing about in her head.

"Huh?" Marina came out of her drift when she realized Theo was still standing there waiting for her to head up in the turbo-lift.
"Oh ..right!... we should head up right quick." And she started to call for the lift. But before her finger reached the button she hesitated. hesitated and looked over to Theo. No, he weren't too happy. And not because he were stuck with her either.
"I know...I know...stupid move." She then said taking a step back from the lift.

"The stairs...
I...I knew that..." Marina then said, after she realized that in situations like these, it would be stupid of her to choose a confined space like a turbo lift to get into.

Theo Vereen Theo Vereen

Last edited:
Dobson didn't need to be told twice he hightailed out of there and off to get the squads moving about and the patients that could be moved out. First step of their part of the evacuation was underway, finally.

Theo said a short prayer to the goddess who watched over him that nothing else would happen. Then he turned his gaze onto Marina DeVoe Marina DeVoe she first said let's go up the elevator. Theo didn't really need to say anything as Marina reasoned out why for the moment the elevator was a bad idea.

Four flights of stairs he could do that without effort. "The stairs, and I'll go first so that if there's anyone in there with a blaster or anything that would shoot at us I'd be first to get it." He said it like it wasn't an issue, and it wasn't. He had taken an oath when he joined the Alderaani Navy his life could be taken during any encounter because it would protect Alderaan and the Alderaani.

A deep breath and Theo walked to the door he looked back the door was heavy hard to hear through, but nothing said bad go back so he pushed the door open then peered inside. "So far so good...ready"

He could see she was, his foot hit the first step and so began the climb. So...now was he expected to converse? He looked up not to see how many stairs but to see if anyone was looking over at them. So far nothing, course now depending on the ages of the children they might have to risk the lift to come back down. Cross that bridge when they got to it.

He didn't know what to say. So he focused on the task.

Marina DeVoe

She were about to open her mouth and scold him for that comment. He were going to take the first bullet if they came under fire again?
Oh this irked her so much. What were she supposed to do after, watch him fall or tumble down the stairwell past her so she could then see him die all broken up on the landing below them?
Oh HELL NO! No way was she ever going to face her queen and explain as to how she watched her son Theo die right before her eyes. Marina would rather die herself than to do that. But noooo, Theo had it set in his mind to do just that.
Marina were about to give the prince a piece of her mind on that matter right quick before realizing that they needed to be silent as they ascended the staircase.

And silent she remained following him up the stairwell...clenching her lips tight. She had never struck anyone out of anger, nor defense. But she just wanted to land one on him so, so bad. POW! Right in the kisser...with a good knuckle sandwich.
Of course that were just in her mind. But still. Arrrg...he so deserved one, she were thinking.

She did however wave her fist at him as his back were turned.
The instant the prince turned to look...perhaps to see if she were following him close behind, she put her fist down...hand on the rail. She instead gave him a smile that bordered on a sneer...but it were a smile nevertheless. A sarcastic smile. She knew that as much as she had wanted to hit him for that chauvinist remark, that she couldn't.

Luckily and without the prince having to jump in front of a blaster bolt, they reached the 4th floor landing.
Marina was so relieved. It had indeed been an arduous climb...the silence was deafening between them, and were still ringing in her ears as they came to the fire door.
Marina of course tried to get in front of Theo to be the first to open the door to the ward. But the prince blocked her and signaled her to stay clear as he cracked the door and peered inside.

Marina once again could have given him a piece of her mind in putting his life before hers... Oh the nerve of him!
Still, this were no time, nor place to argue ethics and such. She had promised her queen, Theo's mother that they would work together and alongside one another even if it would kill them. That portion marina didn't understand, but the meaning had been indeed clear to her. Don't neither of them fight one another!

As thus, Marina rolled her eyes as Theo once more put his life on the line.
It were then that her heart dropped. She could hear the whimper of a child..

"Oh Berkana, Theo..." Marina's whisper were no less a whimper of a plead to the prince. "...I hear a child crying..."

At that instant, there existed no animosity, nor any conflict between her and Theo. hell, all that instantly vanished upon hearing a child' muffled cry. A child whom were trying to keep silent, as not to be heard, but could not.

Theo Vereen Theo Vereen

Last edited:
Theo paused that damned empathy that his family had he could feel her emotions again. He took a breath and let it out as they walked masking it as if he were out of breath as they moved.

What the feth could she be upset about now? Really. He was doing a soldier's duty, he was a soldier here she had to realize that right? That he wasn't here as Prince Theo he was here as Captain Vereen of the Navy. He wanted to look back at her to ask her what the feth....but he didn't. He kept silent and moved along thank the goddess nothing happened.

But the moment they came through the door the sound of a child reached them quickly. There were no shots....just the child. Pause. His entire body said wait.

He whispered back to her "They could just be scared....the sounds of shooting would scare anyone." He looked again then closed his eyes so he could really listen but nothing gave itself away. "I think that way towards the desk, there are conference rooms that way. I remember from the floor plans each floor is designed the same....but there are rooms between here and there...so..."

He looked at her again, "Do you have a blaster?" Hell of a time to ask but better now than later?"

Marina DeVoe Marina DeVoe

Marina DeVoe

Blaster?
Why would she have a blaster with her? Didn't Theo know she were a pacifist?

"Uhm.... no." She barely sounded it out.
Marina knew he wouldn't understand...he were too hardheaded and ...and...
So Ok, she didn't have a blaster to both back him up and even defend herself. She were currently another liability to Prince Charismatic, the way he was probably thining...Ugh...

"Sorry... I know what you are probably thinking, but...but I don't condone violence. I thought you'd know that by now.
Theo...I'm sorry." At that moment Marina were as she knew he felt let down and had now on his mind to not only rescue the children, but Marina too. No one needed the force to read Theo's demeanor in that he disappointed her. He seemed quite upset.

"But I'm not a soldier. Not in the sense of taking up arms as many faithful Alderaani have since the days of Palpatine.
And there are many which you see now before you (me) that hold to our ancestral belief that violence only begets more violence, fueling the hatred fires of sith and the like. But we are not cowards, nor sheep... we do what we must, without shedding blood...even if it is that of our enemies." She then said, hoping he would not send her back down the stairs.
What Theo may not of known were of the many campaigns marina had been part of. Campaigns which lead her right into the very flames that which would have made many men cower. She nevertheless never backed down from aiding their allies and those whom were under oppressions and she did it despite her fears. Yes, she were not fearless, but still faced fear like Theo and other Alderaani who had chosen to take up arms.

"Right now...I know you think I'm a liability. Maybe I am. But forget about me.
There are children that need both our help...both our means and way of helping them get out of here alive and in good spirit."
She pleaded, keeping her voice down.

"I won't get you killed...I promise." No, she weren't about to tell him, that she'd take the first blaster bolt before he would come to harm. She knew where that argument would go.

Theo Vereen Theo Vereen

Last edited:
He nodded, "Ok" he had been prepared to leave it at that but she continued talking he turned watching her, listening and nodding to make sure he head everything she said. This really wasn't the time to tell her that he didn't know that, they had spent how much time together? Contrary to popular belief he didn't invade people's minds, and he didn't try to make a nuisance of himself either.

"
We are going to have to agree to disagree about the non violent nature of Alderaani simply because this isn't the place for it. If there are other attackers out here on the 4th floor, they aren't going to care about ideals and principles. And you really have to stop assuming you know what I am thinking...I haven't had time to think only to ask a question."

His eyes met hers he wanted her to hear him not just talk to hear words.
"Marina...we can debate war and violence till we are both blue once we are back on Alderaan. Right now...since I have the weapon, and you have your words...I go first so that I can shoot back." Last thing he wanted was her jumping in front of a blaster shot because she felt responsible, or....that she had to prove something.

Then there she was reminding him of duty...ya now that whole forget about me and remember the children. He knew instinctively that she really wanted to say the children were important that she was expendable....except his mother would kill him if he got her killed.

"I know its hard for you to take orders. To wait and have patience" Each time he had been around her all she wanted to do was get there first, speak first, arrive first....get it out of the way first....WHY??!!! "But I'm asking you to find it within yourself to wait here while I move to the hall to look for any shooters. Sometimes you have to let others do their job...this is my job. It's what I do....so...will you wait here while I look...we will go slow room by room to find the children....with caution..to prevent loss of life."

By the goddess that was more words then had spoken since the weekend at the Winter Palace. "Agree?" It was a question, a way to work it out with her and for them to each get what they wanted.

Marina DeVoe

Agree to disagree? That made no sense to her.
But before she could open up her trap to disagree, Theo went on to explain. At first it were obvious she weren't attempting to listen to any of his reasoning.... her eyes made a circle.

But then...one sentence connected, then another. By all that were Holy, Theo were making sense. Ok, not the sense she had wanted to hear, but he made sense nevertheless.
Interesting, she thought...so Theo were able to speak with her without talking down to her? This was a first.

For a second, she had to evaluate all that she had missed, not listening that first moment...going back to the point of of where he had said for them to agree to disagree.
Replaying his entire dialogue in her head make some comprehendible sense now.
Ok, so it were a fluke. The future dictator of Alderaan was actually concerned for not only her welfare but that of the children...everyone really. Marina had to look into his eyes to see if this was indeed the same Theo or some kind of doppelganger...a clone or something...like a better improved version of the spoiled prince she so lo-...loathed.

Hmm...for this particular moment, he could just make a good ruler. But how long would his demeanor last? This was the only one admirable thing that he said that made sense...however not totally being as she wanted. But nonetheless, it seemed like a good thought out objective.

"Sigh...fine..." She whispered before getting hold of his arm.

"But please...if you can...no more killing..." Her eyes were that of a pleading angel of mercy. It were obvious that she valued life...all life. It had been an Alderaani trait for thousands of years, before the former Galactic Empire stuck many surviving Alderaani with the necessity of defending life by taking life...by killing those who wanted to kill them or their people. That was Theo. marina however were like their ancestors. Peace without violence was upmost.

"At least....
....at least you can try, Theo...no?" She continued to keep her voice down before releasing his arm.

Yes, she would comply and stay under cover as he asked. But she also didn't wish to have him kill...not unnecessarily

Theo Vereen Theo Vereen

Last edited:
There was going to be a storm on Alderaan he couldn't believe it Marina DeVoe Marina DeVoe actually agreed. He couldn't help but pull back some to look at her, she wasn't hurt right, and it was her right.

"If they shoot first I can't make that promise Marina but I will not shoot at them if they don't shoot at me. I'll give them a chance to give up. That's all I can promise." Even that was difficult promising his training said if in a war shoot the enemy.

With that finally settled Theo took a deep breath and moved into the hall, listening and cautiously heading to the desk as soon as he knew no one was hiding behind it. He motioned for Marina to come ahead. He didn't want to leave her too far behind in case someone decide to take her for hostage.

There was a shadow on the wall it came from a room just after the desk, no telling whether they were friend or foe. But Theo took the next step putting his back to the wall he tried to get a look into the room the shadow was gone...the occupant was on the other end....They'd have to wait till he or she walked back this way.

He didn't want to scare them, if armed they could shoot out of fear, or with intent.

"I can't see who it is...I need them to walk back this way....but I don't see any children on this end only floor..." Then they heard a door open instinctively Theo put his hand out to keep Marina behind him and out of harms way. They had to be silent....wait...Theo kept his weapon in hand ready...but he did promise not to shoot first.

Marina DeVoe

Marina did as Theo motioned, getting herself behind him and remaining as quiet as a mouse.

Theo were being cautious...more so for her sake, she figured. Well, it were admirable and she had promised to have him lead. Weird that feeling it was. She hadn't had much, if any faith that he could really lead, despite being heir to the royal house.
But the man seemed to know how to go about silently and not the way she had pictured him shooting about, busting in doors and...and shooting things up.

Theo then drew her closer to the wall, behind him. She too had caught a moving shadow from her peripheral.
Marina became eager, thinking maybe it were one of the children they had heard before.
But nevertheless, she held back her instinct to get to that child.

And she had chosen wisely, for that shadow belonged to another goon who was patrolling the pediatric ward. Marina caught sight of the nasty gun... a big slug gun...the kind she had seen on Coruscant's lower levels..the underworld. This thug was no hospital staff, nor anyone to be reasoned with.

Marina looked over at Theo, whom were focused on the large figure making his round down their way. It was inevitable that the goon would spot them as soon as he neared their corner.
marina pressed herself closer to the wall, momentarily closing her eyes, waiting for the mayhem that was certain to erupt.
But then her eyes shot wide open as her ears picked up the small whimper of a child. It was coming from one of the rooms the goon was just passing.

'I SAID, SHUT UP IN THERE YOU LITTLE MAGGOT! ' He shouted in a menacing tone into the room. 'BEFORE I SMACK YOU SHUT AGAIN!'

"Arrrg!... You big bagoon...." Marina was heard snarling under her breath. as she couldn't take it any longer, a big ghahoot of a bafoon, a big bully, yelling at a child like that. For whatever reason or what, a motherly instinct kicked in.

Without a second thought, and of course forgetting her promise to Theo....Marina made a rush for the beast. The big ghahoot who had been distracted by the whimpering child, had turned to the room, instead of the corner. He had not spotted Theo, nor Marina.

Like a cat... or some wild female raised in a jungle by wild cats, she pounced on the man, landing on his back. Despite being small framed and weighing 1/3 the goon...he stumbled forward off balance. Marina of course had a good hold on his hair.

"Gasp!"
Oops... oh no.... it were a toupee she found herself pulling off his head.
But that didn't deter her from wrapping her legs and arms around him, causing him to stumble about not realizing what the feth had just pounced on him.
Her arms got around to covering his eyes, which made him spin about, trashing, which inadvertently made him drop the heavy slugger, stumbling about in a panic.... trying to get a grip on whatever it was that was on his back.

Of course all this happened in like 3-4 seconds, before the goon managed to get hold of her arm and flip Marina off him. By the time Marina hit the wall, a double THUMP was heard.

Theo had managed to drop the goon, as Marina hit the wall.

"Ooff... " the impact took her breath away, and she slumped on the floor, knocked out.

Theo Vereen Theo Vereen

Last edited:
Stunned, and he just couldn't react fast enough. One minute she was behind him and the next around him and taking on the enemy. He aimed the blaster and Marina spun around on the guys back. It was like watching Saturday Morning cartoons on the holo....absolutely surreal.

She had broke her word to him.

He could just let her spin around but then they wouldn't get to the kids....Theo aimed waiting for his moment, the goon tossed Marina like a rag doll and Theo quickly dropped him.

Feth!

He ran over to check on Marina, he put his hand to her neck there was a stead pulse on her throat..ok..so knocked out?

Then there was the sound behind him of little feet on the floor followed by bigger feet in slippers or shoes. Theo turned and saw 5 children standing there looking at them.

"It's ok....are you ok?"

Five little faces nodded, "
I think she's ok too...but we need to leave...are you ready to go?"

Once more five little faces nodded, "
Ok..."

Theo hoped that there was no one else up here and he was taking a big risk,
"Is there anyone else here?"

"No" came the whisper.

"K" Theo holstered the blaster, and gently made to pick Marina up. The eyes on the kids got big, "No no she's just been knocked out, she's ok..she might have a headache..but it's ok we have pain pills on the ship"

Theo sighed heavily as he picked Marina up. "Marina" he whispered, "you ok?" He began the slow walk, "let's go down the stairs...kids" Was he really going to carry her all the way??? His back was gonna kill him by then.....hopefully she'd wake up before then.

Marina DeVoe

The impact of the man hurling her against the wall had knocked her out cold.

She were standing there frustrated...taken back by the prince's audacity to bark orders at her like she were some bumbling cadet right out of the academy. But somehow or other she couldn't seem to open her mouth and give it right back to him. She just snarled...pressing her lips tightly shut, giving him the eye... the narrow eye. No words were necessary when giving someone the eye.
Wait...how did she find herself adrift...weightless for that reason?

Marina's eyes slowly opened to be overcome by bright lights...she found/felt herself descending... descending down a flight of stairs? Was this another dream?

WAIT, she were being carried! She blinked trice before his features finally came into focus.
It was Theo.
Marina had to blink again unbelieving that her nemesis-
Wait, were they still at some kind of odds still?
No.
No they weren't. not last she remembered before they entered the children's ward, no.
Then she noticed a child...no, heard a child's voice first, before noticing one, then three...then many children around her and Theo. A few smaller ones were holding on to Theo as they all descended down the stairs. Theo of course were instructing the children to walk steadily and not run down the steps, not aware right away that Marina had awakened.

"You...you saved them." she finally spoke, drawing the young man's attention back at her...the woman he were carrying.
"You saved them all?" she asked, momentarily forgetting she were nestled in his arms.

Theo Vereen Theo Vereen

Last edited:
Theo looked down at her, "Of course" he had a smart remark for her but he kept it to himself. His other thoughts though they wandered, so she though him so inept that he was not capable of saving children? Or may she thought he would leave children behind. Who knew, and right now he didn't have a lot of time to devote to it.

He smiled though,
"There are 5 of them, various ages, all able to walk." He stopped on the landing, "Are you ok to walk Marina?" If she were able to he would let her. She probably wanted to check the kids anyhow, and that was fine.

"We should be cleaning up here and able to head for home. Get everyone settled."

"Theo you promised" A little brighted eyed girl of no more than 5 looked up, "Yes once we are all on Alderaan. I'll keep the promise..." he had to get them down the stairs somehow and making little deals with them, ice cream, a walk around the park...small things really but it kept them going. That was what mattered.

Everyone now was looking at Marina.

Marina DeVoe

Tagging: Theo Vereen Theo Vereen

She counted them... 5
Yes there were five, as Theo explained. She were relieved, besides having on hell of a spitting headache.
Marina's head was still rocking about... still putting much of what had happened after she smacked into that wall.

"Heh?..." for a second, maybe three, she didn't understand what he were asking her. Could she walk?
had she heard right...for certainly she were heading down the stairs-
IN HIS ARMS!!!

Upon that realization she almost freaked the frak out. That is before she realized that she had just come too, having no recollection of anything after she got knocked out.
"Oh..." she found herself in an awkward situation. She were cradled in his arms...being carried down the flight of stairs alongside the children they had both set to rescue. Only it seemed that Theo had not only rescued the children, but her too.
"Uhm...yea.... sure. I think so..." She replied, nodding....piecing the rest of the puzzle together.

Marina's feet finally touched down mid steps, when Theo set her down on her own. A little wobbly at first, but she managed to stay up...holding on to the handrail of course. Marina did her best, trying not to make Theo's job any harder with her needing help going down the stairs.
To her surprise, he was actually connecting with the children. And it weren't faux, as she could sense these things.

"No no..really.. I'm alright. I can make it down. " She assured Theo, who seemed at the ready to catch her should she stumble. But stumble she didn't and in no time they were all back on the main floor. Theo's men were heard coordinating all other patients and a stray doctor or two whom had stayed behind to attend those in need, despite the hospital being overrun.

She had kept quiet on the whole, just catching the prince interacting with the children. It were something she had not at all expected...thinking he were spoiled...not by her queen of course... and didn't care at all for children. Not in the sense of being around them. Marina knew he wasn't THAT heartless to hate children, no. Just that it surprised her as to how he connected with them. Now THAT had to have been passed down from her queen, his mother she reasoned. Still...it were a side of him she had never seen.

"Theo...my ship has plenty of space and accommodations for the children and many other adults.
Just..

Just that I don't think I could fly us off New Alderaan... I mean, I shouldn't try to fly." It were obvious she had suffered a blackout when she were sent flying against the wall. No doubt she could have a concussion and it would not do for Marina to attempt flying her own ship.

It were not often for the blonde to admit she weren't able to fly, at least not chance it with passengers.

"Could you spare one of your men to take her up?"

Theo Vereen Theo Vereen

Theo nodded and put her down watching for a moment to make sure she didn't crumple. He smiled, "ok..." then he looked at the kids, "Ok...so on Alderaan we have these wonderful creatures called Thranta, which you can ride its a marvelous thing to be able to do...I can take you to see them."

He smiled and took the little one's hand as they hopped and jumped down the steps to the first floor. It seemed to go that much quicker. Theo couldn't help but notice that Marina DeVoe Marina DeVoe was quiet, very quiet. He looked back at her, there was something about her face like she was trying to solve some puzzle.

Maybe she forget that she done the one thing he asked her not to do, and that it knocked her out. Maybe. Doubtful.

They finally reached the first floor, the troops were moving the patients and the Sargent couldn't only stare when Theo emerged with the kids.

"See you got them."

"Yes we did...they need to go to Lady DeVoe's ship." There was some deep sighs and sounds of whining as Theo gave the instructions. He cleared his mind as looked down, "It's all good. we'll all be on Alderaan together."

As he was trying to explain the why's of them having to go with Marina, she spoke up asking for someone to fly the ship. The kids all held their breath, Theo looked down, then back to Marina. It would be easy just say yes to her and assign someone....yep.

He could.

There was another tug on his hand, Theo looked down.
"Sure, why not."

He looked back to Marina,
"I can do it. Sargent make sure everyone is loaded up and evacuated."

"
Yes Captain...we'll make sure." A quick exchange of nods and there was nothing more to do then to walk to the ship.

"Ok...where to?"

Marina DeVoe

The transport which Marina had brought to New Alderaan was quite spacious. She had prepared to carry a lot more than just Theo and 5 children. But Theo's company, the rescue group he had deployed, had also brought more than enough vessels to evacuate refugees. Same with the entire Galactic Alliance's coalition...plenty of ships so that no one would be left behind.

Marina would have otherwise have had no issue taking the Czerka up and flying it to Alderaan, just that she suspected that she may have incurred a concussion.
it were also the main reason she were quiet for the most part, as she followed Theo with the children to the ship. Things... motion...something just didn't feel right to her to risk operating the ship.

Of course, she was also taken back that Theo himself had volunteered to take control of the ship. Marina would have been relieved if he had assigned one of his own pilots to the task. But Theo himself?
If Marina weren't off balanced as it were. She for the time didn't know what to make of it. But yes..she were more than relieved. More ..glad...anxious really.

"Yea... I'm Ok... I'm sure." It were all she pretty much replied on the few times she were asked.
It were strange perhaps to the prince as to how ..quiet she seemed. Marina was perhaps known or joked about as being a motor mouth or the like. But being as quiet as she seemed now, was certainly something that stood out of the ordinary.

"I'll stay here with them...get them all buckled up..." She then said after they all had boarded the vessel. The entire Alderaanii group that Theo had brought down had signaled that they were all ready to lift off.
"... the ship's controls are-...." She were about to give him some instructions before she shook her head.

"Sorry... just not used to having somebody else fly for me." Marina corrected herself.

"Go on...
Really, I'll be alright." she said before turning her attention from Theo to the children.

They were pretty much sticking together, for the most part, picking seats by the port windows
" Here...we're all just going to buckle up while Theo takes us off. Once we are in space, we'll be able to unbuckle...alright?" Marina knelt down to help one of the little boys buckle up.
Two of the others were following suit, seeing how easy it were to buckle up.
marina then helped the other two smaller one, before she plopped herself in one of the seats...seemingly exhausted for some reason or other.
Her head was on the verge of spinning.

She would have liked to close her eyes to keep everything about her feel more stable, but she knew not to do so, should she drift off to sleep.

Theo Vereen Theo Vereen

He stood there listened and nodded when he thought she would expect it. He half smiled and then winked at the kids, "Ok..well then everyone to a seat"

Theo headed up to the sit in the pilots seat. He felt his entire body finally relax, some huge weight had finally come off. He felt like that on missions, every step, every movement filled with the unknown and he felt it all in his body. But once again they had all managed to come out of it ok, they weren't taking home anyone on their shield.

He flipped a few switches and watched the mixture. The ship was beginning to hum as it built up the power for flight. He secured all the doors, and closed all the vents.

Another deep breath and his hands rested easily at the controls slowly increasing lift till they were high enough and then pitch it forward, then upwards and out. The glided through the skies and left everything behind.

What more could they have done, they were bringing home as many Alderaani as wanted to leave, along with any refugees who needed a home. He looked back for a moment, and let's not forget the kids.

There wasn't much noise he assumed everyone was sleeping. If there was time he'd go look but first out of this sector and into their home system. That was the goal for now.

Marina DeVoe

Ship: Czerka transport with 2 seismic detonators

Other than basic first aid trauma kits, the transport lacked much of what the Mariner IV had been outfitted with.
The Czerka transport had no medical bay, nor sophisticated enhanced resonate imaging, just basic portable scanners among it's ship's emergency stores. This vessel were not yet retrofitted and refurbished like her main corvette class. Then again, she had acquired this vessel from her campaign on Commenor. It had been prepped to provide maximum occupancy... to take on as many refugees fleeing from Commenor as possible.

Marina suspected she had a concussion. Reason she herself took a backseat instead of piloting the craft.
Theo...
Theo had taken the initiative to pilot her and the children off New Alderaan. It were something by which she had not expected for him to do, as she asked for him to spare one of his men to do it. Instead, he handed his command of the fleet to his first officer and took to pilot her ship. It were something Marina was having trouble wrapping her head around as to why he had done that.
Then again, it were difficult enough before tying to figure him out; now with her concussion...much more difficult.

She remained outside the cockpit with the children, who were for the most part reveling at the ground below receding as Theo took the ship up. In no time, once they got above the clouds, the curvature of the planet had all the children's faces glued to the windows.
Marina weren't watching out the window this time, she were watching the children marveling at the sight of the planet below as it took on the spherical shape of a giant blueish ball. None of the children had ever seen their home from space.

Marina smiled, seeing the children experience space flight for the first time...then unknowingly she slipped into unconsciousness...her head slumping forward.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom