Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Joker Film 2019

​So, I was wondering what the people of Chaos thought about the new film that come out this past weekend.

​Just wanna get out of the way quickly that the visceral hatred given to Joker by 'critics' is laughable. I've read some of the reviews on Rotten Tomatoes and the sham articles calling for hate against it and its honestly despicable. I can understand if the movie isn't for you, but the vitriol hate for this movie as an incel-enabling or white propaganda film that glorifies lonely men is for me? Just sensationalism and nothing but racist hate.

​That insanity aside;

For me personally, I found the movie to be nothing short of an artistic masterpiece that says much more than most movies are brave enough to do. I love this film. I love that its actually talking about issues in this world, and has a visceral realness that is lacking in a lot of Superhero films. It was great for me.

What did you guys think?

I quite enjoyed it.

I don't know what the critics, SJWs and what-have-you have been saying about it exactly, I've simply heard they're "upsetti spaghetti" over it.

I'll admit, I did leave the cinema feeling a touch unnerved, still enjoyed the movie thoroughly but maybe there was that haunting joker quote of "All it takes is one bad day" that repeated in my mind. That and the "Well, yeah, if you went through crap like that you might go mad yourself". ><

I saw it twice... first for myself and then I saw all of the media talking about it and was amazed so I had to go back and try to find these scenes and... I couldn't find most of them..

The movie is in my opinion amazing but maybe not one of the movies I would watch as much as I have watched the other batman or DC movies. Not bad just different and amazing.

I...didn't really like it much.

Phoenix gives a brilliant performance, and there's some good camera work.

In the end though I didn't enjoy it much. I found it to be trying to have it both ways on its messages and not really saying anything profound at all.

So it's just a 'meh' for me.

Regarding the controversy, I see what they mean, but I think it's been exaggerated. The problem is, people might claim 'inspiration' from anything, you can't self censor everything just because someone might take it the wrong way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom