Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Faction Jewel of the Galaxy

Divine Misfortune
GA-Main.png

Two nights locking myself in my room, surviving off of instant foods and cheap boozes, was not how I envision the rest of my free time here in Coruscant goes. I was expecting parties, sneaky links, wedding crashings. You know, all the fun stuff. Yet, it was this lame story, it turns out. Ghost of the past, traumas. Never change Thania, never change.

When I finally decided to go out, more out of necessity than desire, it happened to rain in the city. My luck. So I walked the streets of the filthy ecumenopolis, dressed up barely decent, no make-up and all. Until I reached a familiar establishment. Chances are I'm going to see familiar faces, but that's slightly better than facing rude and creepy patrons. At least I know this place, the workers and the patrons.

I walked in the place and scanned the bar. The first person I noticed was a Chiss sitting at the bar. Haven't seen one in a while. I offered her a smile. A courtesy. Next, I noticed some noises and turned to the source. A Bear, a Godoan-cyborg, a Togruta, and a Cathar in a bar. Sounds like the start of a fething lame joke. I am not here for a jest. Not tonight. So I walked until I found a secluded spot. Only one occupied seat is fully visible from this spot, manned by none other than Jaqu'n Boiv Jaqu'n Boiv , a senior at SIA. We haven't worked on the same mission yet, so the man might not recognize me. For the better I suppose. Also not here for networking tonight. The waiter couldn't come any faster, thank heaven. ​

"Get me something strong, please and thank you."

GADividerWhite.png

He really didn't know how to react to all of this. It felt so volatile and made him both nervous and anxious inside. Would she really be exiled for an accident that harmed no one? Were the Jedi that quick to throw people out? Maybe it would be easier to simply enter as Erd wished and just waited to be ejected from the academy. It felt like it might be the simplest solution to his current problem.

Pushing his large form against a wall he tried to shrink against it almost as he had no other place to withdraw to. The room felt seemed to feel like it was shrinking as the poor girl cried and the Jedi promised to cover for her. The Jedi wasn't even a trainee and they too seemed to believe they would be thrown out as well. Yet as much as that made his plan of action feel more secure he was uncomfortable with their suffering and uncertain why things would be so harsh here. He was used to much harsher, but for some reason the idea of just being thrown out like trash felt even worse to him then a beating.

He knew he was older then the girls around him, but honestly he felt just as much like a child as they obviously did. Little did he know that to his people he would have been considered only a child on the cusp of adulthood perhaps, but not there yet. If he knew he had another nine hundred years left in his life perhaps he would have breathed a bit easier on his shortcomings.

Finally he took a large gulp and breathed in deeply to try to still the questions and doubts within him. "How does one join this Jedi? My Master wishes me to do it, but I am uncertain of it. I have heard they are good and even remember other slaves talking about them like a mantra. They would say one day if we could hold on they would come and free us all. They never came though, and most were worked to death or beaten to death awaiting this hope. Still they seemed stronger for it. The hope of freedom that is. I find their description though quite confusing I must admit. How can one be just and so harsh as to exile children?"

Shaking his head he gave up at trying to understand at this point. Well out loud at least. In his mind the questions and nagging doubts remained. Why couldn't he just stay with Erd, planting trees and healing forests. Why must their paths part? He could free the Ithorian's eyes upon him, and yet he was uncharacteristically silent at the suffering of others. He felt like a small child sometimes, uncertain of so many things and struggling to understand things everyone else seemed to find commonplace.

A scrapping noise made him aware he was tapping and running his claws along the table surface and he pulled his hand in placing the other on top of it to stop the nervous tick. Guilt struck him as he noticed the scratches he'd left behind on the table because of it. He destroyed so many good things without even intending to, and yet here was another thing he'd leave off worse then when he'd arrived. Ducking his head low he mumbled an apology as he fought against an indescribable large feeling inside of his chest.

Loomi Loomi DeadpoolMLP DeadpoolMLP Rahla Tis Rahla Tis Trug Zigash Trug Zigash Stybla'rei'naodo Stybla'rei'naodo

AllianceDiscordIcon2DO.png

Jewel of the Galaxy
phelia3.png
Operative "Sable"
Strategic Intelligence Agency

Assignment: Public Surveillance

Tags: Galactic Alliance | Trug Zigash Trug Zigash | Bear Bear | DeadpoolMLP DeadpoolMLP | Rahla Tis Rahla Tis | Stybla'rei'naodo Stybla'rei'naodo | Loomi Loomi | Open
GADividerDOGrey.png
Time really flew when one didn't give it any mind, doesn't it?

Before Sable knew it, an hour had passed in time in his observations. Key figures in their daily meanderings that drew his attention always differed from the crowd in some way, whether it be the bright flash of clothing that contrasted heavily from the metallic surroundings, or someone just happening to take the wrong path through the sea of moving bodies. Each alteration and movement caught by the steely gaze of the operator never pulled away until the subject in question disappeared from sight or became a loss of interest.

It was on the eve of that hour that he finally tuned back to his immediate surroundings, moreover the group discussion taking place within the vicinity of the establishment. Jedi, from what he could guess, along with a hulking ursine-like creature. It wasn't every day you saw that sort of thing, even in a wide varying palette the galaxy had to offer. But then it was Stybla'rei'naodo Stybla'rei'naodo who fell under suspicious purview, if only for the briefest moment in time. Either it was a hunch or he knew to recognize an agent in the field, even in their own little synchronicities that he may just pick up given enough time and observation. He'd put a particular note there to come back to later.

Lastly he noticed the... Agent. She was an agent, right? He could put a face to the woman that put her somewhere within the agency, but as far as what she did or how he might've became even remotely familiar with the woman, he couldn't rightly answer. Just that he felt the oversized trench coat was probably the cause of it more than the woman herself, if he sat there thinking about it. In truth, he wasn't all that familiar with most agents besides a handful within the Strategic Intelligence Agency, and he was nowhere in seniority status in terms of rank of position. Though when its recognized you're the one percent of the one percent, perhaps it came with the territory.

How far that extended to, well. Jaqu'n didn't care to look into that for the time being.

In casual manner the Dark Operator rose from his seat as the same waiter returned, the former handing off the now empty stained cup of caf to the latter. After exchanging a credit chit for the service did he then begin his slow stroll, winding through the somewhat bustling cafe towards the table Trug Zigash Trug Zigash resided for the time being. It didn't hurt to get familiar with the organization he's found himself a part of, and played a decent cover for his objective for the time being. Just maybe, anyway.

He eventually came to a stop some short distance away, speaking lowly with a gruff voice enunciated by the bravado tone instilled upon him through his training.

"Excuse me."

As Sable, or 'Andrew Cole' as most would ever for a name outside of a callsign, approached he gave a slight tug at the slick, dark leather jacket worn above a red shirt, complimented by a pair of dark denim jeans with black boots to finish the outfit off. His hair had been sitting freely, flowing slightly in a breeze with the stubble on his cheeks underlying the bushy trimmed stache that became staple of professional pipe hitters. Dark Ops especially, even if the organization was merely legends and fables in today's time.

"Believe we haven't properly met. This seat taken, or you expecting company to join you soon."

While gazing green eyes regarded the diplomatic agent, an open palm gestured over the seat across from her as if asking for the assent to join her.

Divine Misfortune
GA-Main.png

The waiter came back quickly with a Corellian on the rocks. Just what the doctor ordered. A couple of these and I'll leave straight back to my apartment, another night wasted. Just as I was about to take the first sip, the SIA agent across my table made his move. I know that he is probably coming towards me, but I decided to be optimistic and hope that he goes somewhere else.
He eventually came to a stop some short distance away, speaking lowly with a gruff voice enunciated by the bravado tone instilled upon him through his training.

"Excuse me."

"Mmmhm, a co-worker. Fancy."

I responded to the man sarcastically. Truth be told, I am not really in the mood for a chit-chat tonight. I came for one purpose only, so I could drink enough to evade the recurring nightmare. But of course, I couldn't tell him that. A first-year agent who wrestles methanol demons in her free time sounds like the reddest, most alerting red flag in the galaxy. They'll ship my sorry ass back to the department for admin work if they ever know. So, tonight, I'm a young, a little wild but respectable agent enjoying her free time. As for my questionable choice of wardrobe, I'll just have to pretend that it's fashion and hope that the guy buys it.
"Believe we haven't properly met. This seat taken, or you expecting company to join you soon."

While gazing green eyes regarded the diplomatic agent, an open palm gestured over the seat across from her as if asking for the assent to join her.

"Don't be shy, make yourself home."

I took another glance at the guy as I sipped on my drink lightly. Reasonably tall, rugged beard, jacked to the moon. He's dressed in civilian clothes, probably not on some heavy-duty assignment. So, recon or public surveillance? Unless he's just one of those weird agents who hangs out on his own. Like me. Perhaps this wouldn't be as bad as it sounded earlier.​

GADividerWhite.png

GADividerBlue.png

"Oh they're not going to exile you. There's nothing in the code about being drunk. My Master enjoyed drinking when he could. Something about some honey meads he couldn't resist." Maybe if she could remember more it migbt be useful to Bear. It did have to do with their homeworld, but.. The name wasn't there.

She paused, glancing from Bear to Loomi. And back again. Everyone had their problems, it seemed. Even the Cathar. Rahla turned back to her coffee, taking another, longer sip.

"The Jedi are the kindest people you'll meet, I beleive."

Loomi Loomi | Bear Bear | DeadpoolMLP DeadpoolMLP

Jewel of the Galaxy
phelia3.png
Operative "Sable"

Tags: Galactic Alliance | Trug Zigash Trug Zigash | Bear Bear | DeadpoolMLP DeadpoolMLP | Rahla Tis Rahla Tis | Stybla'rei'naodo Stybla'rei'naodo | Loomi Loomi | Open
GADividerDOGrey.png
"Don't be shy, make yourself home."

It took only a few seconds for 'Andrew' to help himself pull the seat back from underneath the table. As he slowly reclined into the chair he made no noise or made any unnecessary movements, even going as far as to keep from just falling back into it like anyone other would when they wanted that 'oomph' of comfort with impact. A brief glance around the surrounding tables was given before his sights turned back onto the woman in the oversized coat.

Taking note of a new event being announced clearly behind him and out of sight for the time being, Sable merely relaxing back into the cushioned metal seat, an elbow leaning his weight into the arm of the chair itself. Whether he had been put off by the Agent's remarks as of yet, his stoic nature didn't betray him.

"Andrew Cole," the Dark Operator introduced himself as. Not only to be polite enough as it were, yet also for the alias to be emphasis whether she caught the name before or simply only knew the callsign he operated as. Discounting, of course, whatever humorous or reverent nicknames that may have been gained without his knowledge. His eyes glanced down to the amber-filled glass in the woman's grasp.

"If I hadn't known you to be a co-worker I'd almost be suspicious about the coat."

There wasn't much comedy to the man's voice beyond the obvious statement there in of itself. He really wasn't going to buy that she was into the latest trends, even if he may have been out of the loop for a while. If it were? There wasn't going to be much belief in that other than the fact that the galaxy was really indeed a strange new place for him, nevermind the Republic he once knew now nothing but a rubble being built on top of.

Part of his attention was slightly onto the glass however, so long enough that a mental note had been made for whether it was just to 'refresh' from a long stretch of hours or a vice for deeply engrained issues lying beneath the skin. He'd just leave it be for the time being. It was their first proper meeting, if one could call it that.

Divine Misfortune
GA-Main.png

"Andrew Cole," the Dark Operator introduced himself as.

Andrew Cole. Not a callsign, probably not his real name either. I can't say that I've heard of the name before, the face is definitely more familiar than the name. The operative took my invite and laid himself across my seat. It seems like he's loosening up a bit from his previous sharp demeanor. At least I know he won't pull the annoying 'I'm a super serious senior' move just to talk to me.
"Thania. Onyx."

I introduced myself shortly. As a Diplomatic Services agent, my name is not as secretive as other departments' agents are. We are, in fact, spend most of our times working around organizations, corporations, and local government officials that appreciates transparency and have the resources to conduct deep background check.
His eyes glanced down to the amber-filled glass in the woman's grasp.

"If I hadn't known you to be a co-worker I'd almost be suspicious about the coat."

There's a hint of irony to his question, maybe even discomfort? I started to regret the fact that I chose to dress for comfort tonight. If I were to wear something resembling my usual wardrobe, I wouldn't have to lie my way out of the question and avoid looking like the griefing idiot I am.
"It's the latest trend, Andrew. What you gonna do if you hadn't know? Keep a lookout on me and every young debutante of the deep core? That sounds like a profound misuse of the state budget if I ever heard one."

I tried to sound as confident, cocky, and sarcastic as possible. Those are after all the best deterrent of cynicism, or so I thought. The last thing I need is for someone to meddle around my personal affairs. Not after the last time.
"And what brings you to this fine establishment on this eventful night?"

I took another sip of my drink, fighting every ounce of desire to chug the whole glass. I don't want to give more reasons for Andrew to judge me.​

GADividerWhite.png

DeadpoolMLP

Too many characters, I have
"The Jedi are the kindest people you'll meet, I beleive."
“Never met a cruel Jedi.” Jonyna nodded. “Have met some stupid ones, but never cruel.”

The Cathar gave Bear Bear a soft smile, her aura radiating like sunshine on a warm day.
“If your friend wishes to join, all he has to do is go to the temple and ask. As for your fellow slaves, they will be freed. That’s a Jedi promise. I’ll look into it myself.”

Jewel of the Galaxy
phelia3.png
Operative "Sable"

Tags: Galactic Alliance | Trug Zigash Trug Zigash | Bear Bear | DeadpoolMLP DeadpoolMLP | Rahla Tis Rahla Tis | Stybla'rei'naodo Stybla'rei'naodo | Loomi Loomi | Bayaz Bayaz | Open
GADividerDOGrey.png
"Thania. Onyx."

The operative nodded to the recognition of the name. He had a hunch it was something that started with a tee-aich, but if he were honest he never really knew beyond that. Nor the latter part, which sounded more callsign than last name. Furthermore, it sounded almost familiar with some part of his distant past. He wondered if the rest of that Kill Team met the same fate as Doomsday. Minus one.

"It's the latest trend, Andrew. What you gonna do if you hadn't know? Keep a lookout on me and every young debutante of the deep core? That sounds like a profound misuse of the state budget if I ever heard one."

"And what brings you to this fine establishment on this eventful night?"

No matter how long he might ponder on it however, it was irrelevant in the end.

Andrew's head shook slightly in the sort of the way that affirmed her assumption, that 'super serious agent' attitude hardly exuding forth as the brief seconds passed in the dialogue. If her perception was good enough, she might recognize the motion of some amused huff through his nostrils. As if he saw the humor in her sarcasm.

"Each new trend tends to be louder than the previous. Don't much believe in the notions behind the latest crazes when it attracts more attention than what's necessary."

The man remarked, hinting to the honesty of his own opinion on the topic of fashion. He might've thought the trench coat looked goofy, he didn't seem to point it any further into Thania herself. Not that he was judging beyond a questionable sense of wardrobe so far, which was likely a good thing so far.

A waiter began to veer towards the table, seemingly now noticing Sable being without a drink. But before he could arrive at his side, a dismissive hand waved the dressed tender away. The operator continued to speak as he glanced through the tables and side conversations only briefly.
"Not what I'm using my expenditures for, however. Would rather be farther from the Core, though instead I'm taking in what Coruscant has to offer since my last visit. I needed the break from the monotonous scenery."

The two were no doubt well aware that it involved being far more than just a tourist. He was an agent, the most dedicated of many who in which had little time for time off in between ops to just 'wander around'. There would be more that wasn't to be said aloud, and in public. His eyes darted briefly back to the drink in her hand, in which his skull bobbed towards the amber-filled glass. Again, another question left him which ended in partial inflection. "Just the drink that's brought you in for a sliver of the night?"

He found it all a bit hard to believe in truth. A whole group of people and all of them were kind and none that had a cruel side? It seemed a bit impossible, but then again there was much he hadn't seen. Perhaps he'd just grown around cruelty too long to believe there were those without it. It didn't actually relieve him as much as he thought it might though in the end. It just increased his inner feeling of not belonging and made him feel like failure was simply an absolute. Failure wasn't as frightening as it could have been though.

He knew inside by now he would always have a place with Erd at the worst, and a part of of him simply felt like that was where he belonged. With a great sigh though he gave in to the fight inside of himself and just nodded in response for a moment. Perhaps Erd was right and it would be a path, but then again the Ithorian thought far better of him then he should.

"Thank you, this has been an interesting conversation. Perhaps the future will bring more, I would find this... pleasing." His pause was less meant to be rude but more an acceptance. Social graces weren't his forte, and in truth they just made him uncomfortable.

He didn't stand up and leave though even though he thought this was the proper moment. For one he was hemmed in by the unconscious young Jedi, and for the other he didn't have anything else to do other then go back to Erd and say ok. So he just sat awkward for a minute before speaking again. "Forgive my ignorance please. What else are these Jedi like? What is it to be one? My Master believes I should try to join, and perhaps I should. I must admit though to a great nervousness about it. The unknown can be frightening, and in truth there is much unknown to me."

He thought perhaps he should say more about the other slaves, or even give information. The truth was though he simply didn't know. He didn't know what worlds he had been on and the inside of every mine looked the same right? A jedi promise? Some of the others had always been so sure they'd come but they never had. What made it different now? The thought though made him angry, deeply angry and frightened. So he pushed it down, deep down and simply ignored it. Better to look away then fall into that abyss.

Loomi Loomi DeadpoolMLP DeadpoolMLP Rahla Tis Rahla Tis Jaqu'n Boiv Jaqu'n Boiv Trug Zigash Trug Zigash

Divine Misfortune
GA-Main.png

"Each new trend tends to be louder than the previous. Don't much believe in the notions behind the latest crazes when it attracts more attention than what's necessary."

Fair assessment. Some of the fashion that has been introduced to the core in the past few years have been getting more bizzare. The sort of stuff that usually only flies by around the Outer Rim, especially the League's space. Not that Andrew would care, it's probably just the impracticality of such costumes that bothers him. It's not a malicious comment either way. Small parts of it might come from a position of judgement, but I have a feeling that it was just him trying to prolong the conversation.
"They can look all they want. It's not like they're going to get anything. Why are you so interested anyway?"

I flashes a smirk and takes a longer look at his face. I studied his eyes bright green eyes and the arches of his brown eyebrows, trying to read between the lines and peek through his skull.
A waiter began to veer towards the table, seemingly now noticing Sable being without a drink. But before he could arrive at his side, a dismissive hand waved the dressed tender away. The operator continued to speak as he glanced through the tables and side conversations only briefly. "Not what I'm using my expenditures for, however. Would rather be farther from the Core, though instead I'm taking in what Coruscant has to offer since my last visit. I needed the break from the monotonous scenery."

I only nodded at his statement. The core worlds are well-oiled machines, easy to settle in, but hard to enjoy. I have to admit that I do miss the vim, unpredictability, and occasionally the lawlessness of the Braxant Run and the Tingel Arm. I'm not sure if this is the 'farther from the core' Andrew meant, not a lot of GA's people had been to that part of the galaxy anyway.
Again, another question left him which ended in partial inflection. "Just the drink that's brought you in for a sliver of the night?"

I averted his glance, opting to take another sip of my drink. The fact that he's not drinking makes me think twice before I mouthed my answer. He is definitely on the clock, probably small-scale reconnaissance. Yet interestingly, he has been focused on me almost the whole time, sans a couple glances to the other tables. So, it's either he was assigned on me, which is highly unlikely, or he is really interested, which is just as amusing.
"The drinks, well partially."

Not exactly true, but not a lie either. Sure, the booze was what dragged me here, mainly, but I could've gone to the liquor store if that's the only reason. Deep down, I know that I've been dwelling in my room for way too long, and that I need a conversation. With anyone. It sounds sad, but that's the way it is when you are 29, restarting life on your own, consummated by work. By now, the effect of the drink already kicks in bit by bit. I tried to frame the words and answer the question, which was still floating in the air, without ending up oversharing.
"Coruscant, no matter how long I've been here, it never feels like home. Not my apartment, not the bars I frequent, not the people I work with. I guess I'm out tonight to give it another try. Before I have to leave once again."

GADividerWhite.png

Jewel of the Galaxy
phelia3.png
Operative "Sable"

Tags: Galactic Alliance | Trug Zigash Trug Zigash | Bear Bear | DeadpoolMLP DeadpoolMLP | Rahla Tis Rahla Tis | Stybla'rei'naodo Stybla'rei'naodo | Loomi Loomi | Bayaz Bayaz | Open
GADividerDOGrey.png
"They can look all they want. It's not like they're going to get anything. Why are you so interested anyway?"

"Not interested. Only curious."

Sable's full attention was placed fully upon the agent before him as he got fully comforted himself into the seat. If there was any way he could be lighthearted about the comment, it probably only happened to be the words if not the statement in of itself. If there was any notice of her observation on his facial features, he neither pointed out that fact nor showed his hand. Though with that perpetual brooding stare written on his expression, one could easily think he was just unpleased with the reality of existence.

"The drinks, well partially."

"Coruscant, no matter how long I've been here, it never feels like home. Not my apartment, not the bars I frequent, not the people I work with. I guess I'm out tonight to give it another try. Before I have to leave once again."

Had he put his feelings to words, those would be it. Coruscant, while it had been his home once in a lifetime, really wasn't what felt like home. To tell you the truth, home hardly lived in the man's agenda. When you were Dark Ops you learned real quick to make the most of the assigned station or ship you were part of, and bring little of mementos outside of the gear and equipment that was needed for the placement. Where he was today was exactly that- It wasn't home. It never was.

"It appears we're riding the same hyperlane," he said with a slightly easier edge to his gruff. Almost more casual like, compared to what his tone had been only just seconds prior. "While I do have my own responsibilities, I can reasonably assume.. that they've been fulfilled to acceptable expectations."

"So perhaps I may join you."
The invitation was left open for her. He could get back to work whenever he wished to at this rate, and he likely wasn't the only acting operative in the area. So why not try and get familiar with a work acquaintance, right?

Divine Misfortune
GA-Main.png

"Not interested. Only curious."

Sable's full attention was placed fully upon the agent before him as he got fully comforted himself into the seat.

"Mmhm, sure."

I hummed at his answer as he seemed to get more comfortable in his chair. It's hard to catch the premonitions in his facial movements. As expected, he's a poker-face type of agent. A trained and experienced one, but still, more suitable on an actual field. Doing diplomatic espionage is a bit different. It's a whole lot of rapport building, lying between the lines, manipulating people through body language. Constantly, all the time. Sometimes it makes me wonder, what is real? Which one is the real me? The line has been blurred ages ago, and now, it's just me, a shell for an ever-changing mental cover.​

"It appears we're riding the same hyperlane," he said with a slightly easier edge to his gruff. Almost more casual like, compared to what his tone had been only just seconds prior. "While I do have my own responsibilities, I can reasonably assume.. that they've been fulfilled to acceptable expectations."

"I'm not sure you can't match my miles, but shoot your shot, chief."

I replied to Andrew teasingly. To be honest, I'm just a little bit annoyed that he doesn't react to me saying that I'm going to be away for a while. That's the drink doing it. I'm sure he is as experienced, if not more than me. Sure, he probably has never been to the deep Tingel Arm, but I've never been to Dossun or Zakuul, there are a lot of systems I haven't explored too. I just want to find out where he's been, what he likes, and how he views the galaxy. That's a quite fair conversation topic for two well-traveled people, no?​

"So perhaps I may join you." The invitation was left open for her.

"Please, I'd like to know more about you, Andrew."
Daring, aren't we?

GADividerWhite.png

Jewel of the Galaxy
phelia3.png
Operative "Sable"

GADividerDOGrey.png
"Mmhm, sure."

"I'm not sure you can't match my miles, but shoot your shot, chief."

The man behind Sable was no doubt an enigma within the agency. Let alone the galaxy for that matter, which had farther reaching effect than just this one conversation alone. Or was it the reverse for him- After all, he never really belonged here in this time. Never intended to in the reality of the 'modern' times, but yet here he was. In the flesh. Struggling far beneath bone and marrow with a situation that in the end has grown beyond his control.

So, my boy. What exactly are you going to tell her?
You obviously can't sound like you're off your marbles. That isn't like you, after all.

But isn't it surprising that you've been cracking at the seams?

Eventually the operator just cracked some small, sly smirk of sorts. The first time there had been any change of demeanor besides the resting glare or, well... The slightly less intimidating bore. There had been trails he's ventured that have practically fossilized through the ages, as much as a metaphor could reach out for.

"Let's say I'm.. well travelled," 'Andrew' finally answered. He had to stop himself as he began again briefly, quickly correcting himself. Or perhaps it was a feint. Just because he was mortal didn't mean he'd leave himself too easily readable. "If the spirals of this galaxy were shaped like a square, I'd have been in all four corners and most places in between at least once. Though looking at the year, that's been ages ago."

A soft sigh rolled out from his nostrils, seemingly the start of a story he wasn't going further into. Already one person learned of his past and 'displacement', yet that was one too many alone.

"Please, I'd like to know more about you, Andrew."

And this was where things got tricky, despite his intentions and her well-meaning interest. Whilst he sat there, contemplating on what to exactly tell, an idle hand rose to gently scratch fingertips against the stubble covering his cheek. Appearance-wise, he didn't look nervous one bit throughout this series of dialogue. Rather it was almost akin to stalling for some kind of response. Searching for a reasonable answer to give, even if the seconds of delays weren't really out of place for this kind of conversation.

"Not much to know. I'm a pipe hitter, and there's no question as to the abilities and skillset I utilize in the field. You can imagine the kind of assignments I'm typically assigned on from there." Andrew paused as his hand reached into the leather jacket. A moment later, in between an index and middle digit was a bland all-white stick. A cigarra. The only item of attention sticking out was the thin red line just at the end of the neatly rolled tube, which lit to life once the operator placed the other end between his lips and sucked in a slow breath. Immediately after the embers formed the scent of Savorium herbs filled the air lightly.

Definitely not an item that came with the standard-issued kit, nor on the recommended packing list.

"If you want more, I was born here on this 'Jewel' of the galaxy. Lower levels, place we locals called the Lowlight. Not the best place any young kid wants to be, so I got out. And now I do what I do."

The burnt end flashed briefly as another puff brought more of that euphoric scent into the air- A sensation that eased the nerves in a not so harsh manner when it came to other cigarettes. It was actually bordering on pleasant. Unlike that bore from the agent, which had now cocked up a brow.

There would be no one side to this daring venture of hers.
"Now what about yourself, Thania."

Divine Misfortune
GA-Main.png

OUTFIT: x
TAG: Jaqu'n Boiv Jaqu'n Boiv | Open

phelia3.png

"Fascinating"

I hummed, nodded, smiled, and looked at Andrew, half mesmerized, half sympathetic, throughout his stories. It's not everyday you see someone, who grew up in the lowest rung of the galaxy, clawed their way up to the professional elite of the GA. It would be near impossible for me, if I were born in a poor Korbin family. It's a sad fact, indeed. For every one that makes it, there are billions who die poorer than they were born. It is also tough, never having that feeling of comfort, of a home, in the very planet that bore you. That, at least, I can share. Home was never a place for me, it was a person.
There would be no one side to this daring venture of hers. "Now what about yourself, Thania."

I smirked at his question. And the way he says my name. Parts of me is just glad that I can talk to someone. Just a few hours ago I was slumping in my dark, dusty apartment room. Up and down, up and down, up and down, that's the story of my life. The other part, excited, I guess. That he's willing to play this game.
"Similar but different, I suppose. I was born on a more fortunate background, rich parents and all. On a terrible planet, however. Korbin, if you have ever been. Crime, corruption, you name it. Moved here, to the Jewel of the galaxy, to study. Mingled with the elites one too many times, got entangled to a whole different life in the Braxant Run. Muunilinst, Dantooine, Ord Trasi, Serenno, you know the drill."

That was the nice half of the story. It's crazy how cruel and unforgiving this world is. You finished the nice half of the story on the mountain top. Stable job, dependable friends, a home you love with every inch of your flesh, bones, and organs. Then the universe just decided to kick you from the top of the mountain, deep down to the lowest abyss. It all shatters, it's painful, how it was never up to me, nor it was up to him. I can feel the heat surging up from my body to my head, some stays around my eyes, others goes further to boil my brain. It's not a strange feeling for me, I know how to hide it, making sure that it doesn't leak out.
"And then one day, I got burnt. Stabbed, left to die. So I crawled back here, to the center of the civilized world."

That feels relieving, liberating even. I don't know how that all comes out. Maybe I blurted it out too fast. Maybe I just blabbed like an idiot. Frankly, I don't really care, it feels good. Once again, my eyes wander on Andrew's face. I can't help but wonder, what is he thinking? My breathe is stabilizing, I just realized. One of my hands is up on my hair, fingers playing with the curls. The other is on the table, dancing around the glass that has been empty, sans a melting ice cube, for the last minute. Dancing far too close to the fire.
"A fresh start, sans a couple of flags on my dossier. So yeah, I might've spent half of my adulthood here, but I'm as much of an outsider as many others. As they said, once you go to the Outer Rim, you'll never be able to scrub that identity off of you."

GADividerWhite.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom