Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Faction Jewel of the Galaxy

AllianceDiscordIcon2DO.png

Jewel of the Galaxy
phelia3.png
Operative "Sable"
Strategic Intelligence Agency

Assignment: Public Surveillance

Tags: Galactic Alliance | Open
GADividerDOGrey.png
Nothing changed from the millennium of stasis.

Tall durasteel structures rise into the setting sky defiant to pierce the heavens above that lay hidden out of sight, therefore out of mind of the many denizens within the district itself. Thousands, upon thousands, and perhaps hundreds of thousands more underneath the layers of steel and space in between that made up the many layers of Coruscant's underbellies upon underbellies, each one more forgotten the deeper one was from another. As if the ruins of the old world were now mere legends compared to the vast reconstruction of a modern era upon its corpse, yet the husk thrives from the open air as its hosts suffocated long, long ago.

A mighty and true Galactic Republic once reigned in liberty and strength on the Galaxy's Gem. No world could compare, nor could any galactic government, federation or elsewise institute of power compare to the power wielded within the beating heart of the Core. Yet what could not be killed would only die by its own hand. Republic became Empire, liberty to tyranny as an Emperor reigned over a galaxy that would know no other scar unlike the which was never seen before its time. Even the Jedi Temple, standing upon Coruscant for as long as the planet could remember, became razed to the very foundations for a throne to be built upon it's husk, and only for it to be rebuilt again.

Coruscant has changed. And yet while hands have been exchanged throughout the millennia, it still remained the same as Sable has always known it to be. Since birth and enduring a life of hardship growing up in the slums no child should be haunted by. Since his time as a Dark Operator, growing beyond the fear and mediocrity to become the long shadow underneath the vigilant sigil of the Starbird. Here he stood now, on what he almost took to be a pocket in which everything had remained as they were. A jarring, almost nauseating experience, despite having been well over the disorientation effects of cryostasis before this current moment.

Winding through the crowds hadn't deterred the forever Dark Operator from his objective whatsoever. The movement of the crowds on the bustling streets with speeder traffic veering at almost blinding speeds overhead had been a familiar sensation. The Kaleesh, as surprising as it was to find them here now, who happened to be late for an appointment had merely bristled past the perceived movement of Sable before a Twi'lek woman bumped into his shoulder- The interaction itself so normal that neither one bothered to give nothing more than a glance before continuing towards their final destinations.

Public surveillance. A job that needed doing, but difficult without knowing what exactly you were looking for. That was the difficult part, because watching a singular subject was as simple as it sounded. Locating them within an ocean of moving bodies that vied for attention at every moving part was another, especially when you happened to be one of the very same bodies within. When the artificial starts to trickle in from above to make the crowds begin to move with a faster tempo, it made for an especially difficult time in just maneuvering alone.

cafe-anime.gif
Which led him to where he arrived to now. The name of the establishment had changed, perhaps multiple upon multiple of times, but its function had remained the same- A cafe. One that teetered on the point of not going too far into high class, yet also providing a quality service of more than 'decent' brews. What really drew the acting Strategic Intelligence Agent to was the patio itself, several tables sparced out from one another while sitting behind an enclosed fence. Raised at an elevation above the bustling street below at just about head-height, Jaqu'n strolled forward until finding an empty table for himself, back turned towards least likely angle of approach, and in the most opportune position to watch the masses with ease.

A waiter stepped forth, clearly not missing any beat with a new customer approaching. The Mirialan male appeared lean, but prim in cut and appearance. Just as he was beginning to recite the menu for recommendations, especially some daily item called the Urgoe Mint-

"Don't bother. I'll order a straight caf, nothing special."

Sable cut the man off well before the waiter could even start. After sorting himself from being razzled on such a short notice, the Mirialan gave a small affirming nod as he wanders off through a sliding glass door, holopad and stylus being tucked away into his coat. As for the operative, he only remained seated while applying the façade of enjoying his respite from the rain, meanwhile just watching for the unseen, those that wished to be so. Or perhaps he just might have an odd day. It was really up for debate on how his day would go beyond reclining in wait.

It was an unpleasant world, well perhaps it wasn't but he was deeply unpleased to be here. His master seemed just as displeased, but for entirely different reasons. The Ithorian was never happy in any city, and Coruscant was about as far from the mother jungle as his master could be. In Bear's opinion there was plenty of attempts to make some form of greenery, especially in this section of the planet, but it wasn't enough to even count to Erd. Bear kept his mouth shut though, one did not argue with his owner.

Not that he'd call Erd that again. They'd argued for days over it, and in the end they'd settled it down to calling Erd his master but nether of them was happy about it. To Bear it was quite simple, he'd been bought and paid for, he was owned. To Erd it was just as simple, he'd bought him to free him, and now he was a free man. Bear knew the Ithorian simply didn't understand him enough though or he'd know the great ursine creature should never be free. He was a monster inside, and he knew it.

Lifting a cup that was nearly invisible inside of his paw he took another sip slowly to ensure the steaming liquid didn't burn him. Erd was still speaking in a deep rumble as he complained about a planet without a single forest in his native tongue. It was like a song, but Bear had only begun to understand the language and as such simply listened to the sound and waited patiently. It was the master's choice where they went and why, he simply followed and obeyed. Not that Erd ever asked for anything really, and when he did it was beyond pleasant. In truth he'd never been happier with an owner of his before, so he didn't complain about the small things.

Finally there was a pause and Bear decided to take the opportunity. "Perhaps, instead of being here then we return to another world, or even a new one. Time is wasted here while we could be out working on replanting forests, no?"

The Ithorian turned his head towards him slowly, at least two of the mouths he could see were in a frown. "No, my friend, I have brought you here for a reason and I beg of you to indulge me in that. Well, several in truth, but I have hopes at least one will come through. Besides I have business with a Senator's aide about donation funds that I have not been able to access. As much as I'd like to continue my work healing forests my efforts alone are not enough. Nor sadly will they ever be, but as long as their are kindly people to help anything is possible."

With a loud grunt that came across almost as a growl Bear gave in. It wasn't his place to question anyway, even if he though the Ithorian was up to something. Besides it had turned out to be very difficult to argue with a man who didn't have a harsh word to say about anything. Even when he had broken some bastard's arm who had something not so kind to say to the Ithorian. The Ithorian had some odd rules.

"Very well, master, as you best see fit. I am here to obey."

The Ithorian just sighed out of his mouths in response and took another pod of flies into his mouth while speaking from another. "You are here to find a path, or at least discover if there is one here for you. Obedience to me is unnecessary, though I do as always welcome your company."

Bear let it go, it wasn't worth the argument, and this wasn't the place. Instead he took another sip of the delightful drink and let it go. Some day the Ithorian would learn.

Jaqu'n Boiv Jaqu'n Boiv

GADividerBlue.png

Coruscant was very different from Kashyyyk. Very, very different.

Warmer, too. Not that it mattered much with the amulet she carried. A token from her late master, and constantly, forever cold. Just as she preferred it. Too much warmth was uncomfortable. She pulled up her fluffy hood, smiled briefly as she walked through the city streets. It was busy here. And the smile she held was anything but comfortable. How did this world function with so many people? Didn't they all often just fight or argue or.. Something?

She wasn't sure, but she did find a place to hide out. A small cafe. One with iced coffee. Oh yes, she was absolutely in love with iced coffee. Which she was now drinking, happily, in a corner of the room.

Only to stop and stare as a Bear walked in. She'd only ever met her former Master, who was a massive white Be.. Something. She didn't pay much attention to his species, but she knew it was rare to see another. Had to be, given she'd only ever seen one.

Though this one wasn't white. Or as big.

So Rahla stared from her corner. Glared, even. Not that she was too aware that she was glaring. A terrible nervous tick to say the least.

Bear Bear | Jaqu'n Boiv Jaqu'n Boiv

He could feel the eyes peering into him from across the room and it made him itch mentally. Why would she stare at him so, and why was she aggressive looking? With a deep growl he tried to keep from looking as he locked eyes with Erd. He was even more confused when the Ithorian looked amused.

"It seems you have drawn interest, and though that is hardly surprising, I am terribly pleased to have it happen so quickly."

His song like words did little to comfort Bear though who simply had the social graces of violence and work. He assumed she meant him violence and angry prompted her stare, but he'd also long ago realized he didn't understand people. He'd seen his share of species from throughout the galaxy in the mines, but none of them were friends with him. He had long ago settled on the truth that he looked like a monster and was one. It had never occurred to him that the slave masters wanted Bear to look in league with him to prevent his strengths from being a problem.

"Why does she stare at me? Have I offended in some way?" His deep voice rumbled as he guarded his own confusion with a stern look but kept his face and eyes locked onto the Ithorian.

With a small laugh Erd shrugged pleased at the situation in a way Bear simply didn't understand. "Why don't you go find out. Perhaps you will find people are not always as simple as you think. Perhaps she just has not seen one of your people before and is curious. After all I have traveled from system to system for many years and never come across your kind. Please, for an old Ithorian, take a chance and say hello."

The ursine creature growled softly but also slowly stood. He'd nearly begged for orders and instructions at time, and he couldn't deny one after al of that. Though it was the most round about kind way to give an order he'd ever heard, but he'd take the direction. Standing he shook his coat as he wished for a good breeze to move the air around. It was too warm here, but everywhere seemed to be too warm for him so it was no use complaining. It was the only thing he ever missed about the mines, that cold air where darkness enveloped him like a sweet blanket.

"As you wish, master."

Turning he didn't know the proper way to do these things so he just lumbered over staring the peeved girl in the eyes as he approached. About a foot away from the table he just loomed for a moment trying to think of what he was supposed to say now that he was here before he finally spoke. "You stare at me with irritation. Have I offended in some way I do not understand?" Fine, if he couldn't think of the right words he supposed blunt honesty worked as well.

Reaching a paw out he offered it to this being. "I am Bear, and my master has bid me to speak with you over this. I must admit to confusion though, is it polite among your people to stare so?"

Rahla Tis Rahla Tis

GADividerBlue.png

Oh no he walked over.

Her glare only tightened as her nerves continued to grow. She took a long sip as he stood in front of her. Okay, maybe he was as big as her late master. Maybe? Given how short she was it was hard to tell. Especially while she was still sitting. Rahla was still midsip when he spoke up, which had her practically choke on her drink in surprise. She coughed, smacked at her chest, cleared her throat.

"Wha- No! I'm not- uh. No. I just- What are you?"

Well that was a blunt way to ask. She frowned at herself, sipping her drink louder as she looked right back at her cup.

Bear Bear

DeadpoolMLP

Too many characters, I have
The new Cathar needed to socialize. She had been to the temple, she'd been back home...now she needed to get back to society. She figured going to a local place would do her some good. Her auburn hair flowed in the wind along with her white robes. Maybe she should get some new clothes. A new look for her new life.
She paused, looking around the cafe. A bear and one of those girls she remembered from the outer rim. She internally thanked the force that the days where she only ever saw those types of girls was as slaves was over...

She strutted in, looking for a place to sit, her tail flicking as her katana sheath shifted with her weight.

Her response slapped the suspicion from him, and made him wonder if he'd been a fool for trying to assume her people's facial expressions couldn't be different then the ones he understood. Her question though dug deeply into him. What are you? It was a bitter question he'd asked himself every night as he tried to sleep, and still he had no answer.

It froze him for a short minute before he sighed with a deep breath. "I am Bear, slave to my Master, not that he'll accept such responsibility. I cannot blame him I am a burden, but it is wiser that I remain so. I have no what as you say. I have never met another of my kind, and I have no home. My Master seeks to find me a home here among those he call the Jedi, but even he acknowledges my anger and fears are a risk. I would call it a foolish thing, but a slave does not question a kind master. There are far too many cruel ones."

He could hear the Ithorian even from across the room muttering to himself as he put his hands in his head shaking it in little amusement now. As more then a questioning few eyes moved his way though he was forced to respond to the unknown allegation Bear had just thrown at him. "The poor boy is a lost soul of a life of slavery, yes. I do not own him though nor any other, but I do enjoy his company and innocence greatly. I freed him upon purchase, and now he travels with me until he wishes to depart. He's a good boy though, please be patient with his words."

Bear's face hadn't changed though, his master was kind but simply didn't truly know him. If he did he'd understand why he needed to be controlled. "So now that you know what I am, what are you?"

Rahla Tis Rahla Tis

GADividerBlue.png

A slave?

Rahla didn't know much about the Alliance or Coruscant, but she was fairly certain such cruelty wasn't legal. She had half a mind to do something about it. Not that she knew what to do about it. Her grip tightened around her drink as she took another sip and tried to think about what she could do. She was just a Padawan, with no real knowledge on what the Jedi here could do. So the young Torgruta listened.

And it was good she did. The Ithorian at least cleared things up, which had her briefly smile in relief. Then default back to her glare at her drink.

"I'm a Torgruta. And a Jedi. Padawan. Uh. Rhala. My name."

Bear Bear | DeadpoolMLP DeadpoolMLP

DeadpoolMLP

The cathar couldn't help but overhear the conversation going on at the bar. Slavery? Still in this age? Ugh. Her oversized ears flicked in annoyance as she looked over.

"Do you know where the people who took him in are now? Or at least, where they operate out of? I'm a jedi knight, I could probably do something about it..."

Bear Bear | Rahla Tis Rahla Tis

cafe-anime.gif

Coruscant
Tags: Rahla Tis Rahla Tis , Bear Bear , DeadpoolMLP DeadpoolMLP

Loomi_divider.png

"So now that you know what I am, what are you?"

"Golly, I can't listen to any more of that," Loomi scowled, standing up from her booth.

She had been plagued with memories that had kept her up at night, visions of terrible actions inflicted upon her by cruel and twisted people. Loomi couldn't piece together a timeline, but she more or less understood what she had been before her time being homeless on Coruscant. Needless to say the words of the Bear cut deep. She was exhausted, disheveled, but still wanted to speak her mind.

"You're a person, you hear me?" she snapped. "You only think you aren't cause the bad men made you think you weren't. Forced you to do bad things to survive."

Loomi took a swig of her coffee. Or at least she thought what she had gotten was coffee. To be honest, it was making her feel really weird. The Godoan was struggling to stand up straight.

"If you... If you don't..." Loomi attempted to continue, her eyes lazily bouncing between the Bear, the Togruta, the Cathar, and the Ithorian. "If you don't..."

Very abruptly, the girl set down her cup.

"I don't think that was coffee."

Soon after, Loomi had toppled to the ground.

DeadpoolMLP

Jonyna watched as the girl collapsed practically in front of her, jumping forward to catch her.

"...I think you need some water young lady. Appreciate the spirit though. Party on." She paused, looking to the other padawan. "You mind getting me some water for her? She needs to sober up."

Loomi Loomi | Rahla Tis Rahla Tis

There was a sudden level of excitement around him surprised the young ursine as his eyes slowly moved between those who he had obviously upset with his words. This was why it was better to stay quiet, but he had been bid to speak, and so he did. Still as he broke off form his first conversation to grab some type of pastry roll and a water back to the other who'd quite unceremoniously fallen on the floor he couldn't help but feel awkward.

"My apologies for the excitement, it hadn't been my intent."

Stopping at the table he placed her pastry and water down before, reaching down he lift up the fallen one of a race he truly did not recognize. The Torgruta he at least recognized in some way, he just didn't really know much about them. He'd often in fact confused them for Twi'leks, or perhaps a cousin of their kin.

Behind him he heard Erd speak to the Jedi DeadpoolMLP DeadpoolMLP , "No I do not know who took him as a youngling, only that the opportunity to free him came when I was searching for helping hands with some work. I took the chance to free him by paying off some in between, but despite my distaste for engaging in such things it was the only way I saw to free him."

With a heavy sigh Bear himself was unsure what to do in this situation. He stood still for a moment considering it all before speaking slowly as he tried to choose his words with care. "Forgive me, I seem to have made a social error here." Moving his eyes first to Rahla Tis Rahla Tis he gave a brief nod of greeting and acceptance of her introduction. "Thank you for aiding me to understand what you are. Perhaps one day I can understand who you are as well."

He meant well by it, but words seemed to be a thing he tripped over when he wasn't using honesty like a hammer. Shifting his weight from foot to foot as a way to relieve the awkwardness he then tilted his head towards the unknown girl on the chair. "Is this usual behavior on the world or with her people? I do not enjoy such past times myself, the smell alone is rather unenjoyable but I know many others do." Even as he said it his nose pulled up as if withdrawing from the smell. There was much about the galaxy and customs he did not know though, so he accepted that some things he did not enjoy others did. Perhaps Loomi Loomi simply smelled it differently.

At this point he thought it best to take his leave, but one look towards Erd and he knew the Ithorian wasn't going to let that happen. With another deep sigh that had a tint of growl in it he just stayed where he was. For as kind a creature as the Ithorian was he had a spine of steel when he wanted to.

GADividerBlue.png

What the.. What?

Rahla stared blankly at the second stranger and her rant. They were the type of words the Bear should certainly hear, but she couldn't bring herself to say.. Anything. All she had was her nervous glare at her drink. Which tightened as yet another appeared. At least Bear was willing to get the drink for the other girl who was.. Was she drunk? Was that what was going on? She ended up laughing. A little giggle before she turned back to her drink to hide that.

Then glanced to Bear. For once, she smiled. Just a little.

"I have no idea, but.. It's kind of silly, isn't it?"

Bear Bear | Loomi Loomi | DeadpoolMLP DeadpoolMLP

cafe-anime.gif

Coruscant
Tags: Bear Bear , Rahla Tis Rahla Tis , DeadpoolMLP DeadpoolMLP

Loomi_divider.png

"You mind getting me some water for her? She needs to sober up."

Loomi groaned, lapsing in and out of consciousness. Her mind was all over the place, spinning so fast it seemed to be turning faster than Coruscant. Drums thundered on either side of her head. It was very hard for her to think.

"What's a sober?" she asked, her one good eye fluttering between cognition and unawareness.

Before long, she had begun to hiccup, which brought a frown to her face.

"Sorry hic Cat Lady," Loomi apologized. "Everything is kinda loopy... I-I hic think they put something in my coffee..."

Suddenly, a wave of determination filled the padawan as she stood back up, her gaze fixing on the Bear. A stern, shockingly motherly look grew on her face, one of both stern disappointment and genuine concern.

"But I'm hic not done giving you a piece of my mind," she insisted.

All before fumbling over again and promptly passing out once more.

DeadpoolMLP

"But I'm hic not done giving you a piece of my mind," she insisted.
"Gonna be real with you chief, I think you've given every piece of your mind to the booze fairies." Slipped out of the Cathar's mouth, before she rolled her eyes. "Let's just get you up in a booth at least. Sitting up straight will make sure if you hurl, at least we'll be able to predict the direction."

The fact that slavery like that was going unpunished...

Maybe she did still have a place in this world. The Tiger In the Streets was going on the hunt once she got her bearings...

For now though, happy faces. A hero is only as much as she makes the innocent smile.

She looked to Bear Bear and Rahla Tis Rahla Tis with a confident grin, hooking her arms with Loomi Loomi 's armpits in an attempt to heft her up into a booth of some sort.
"Jonyna Si, by the way. Jedi."

Tags | Open​

Lareina leaned back against the bar as she sipped her stim-tea as the tapcaf's patrons began to grow in number and boisterousness. This was the perfect place for someone like her - it wasn't too busy to find a mark or a contact, but it was more than busy enough to get lost in the crowd. Adjusting her position on the barstool, she opened her questis, continuing her reading of the biography she'd been trudging through - that of one Eli'van'to, a logistics officer of the ancient Galactic Empire who had left its service to spend time among the Chiss - becoming a loyal officer under Admiral Ar'alani.

He'd been interesting enough - and served as a good bridge between her reading of the famous Imperial Grand Admiral and the Chiss Admiral both of which he served under - though she definitely had found both of them more riveting, Ivant's career held far more insights for an intelligence officer, and his skills at analysis were nigh-unrivaled in the time. Reading through the, the Chiss pondered the ancient officer's story and what she could learn from it - waiting for the her contact to come and give her the right sign.

He just blinked before sitting down across from Rahla Tis Rahla Tis "It is strange. It makes a man mean inside, at least it made the slave masters meaner and crueler." His voice was slow and deep as he spoke. He tried to consider his words carefully, speaking was a recent freedom for him and he cherished it. He'd also knew he had little in the way of subtlety so his words were upsetting at times for others.

Moving further into the bench he found himself stuck in place when DeadpoolMLP DeadpoolMLP pushed in Loomi Loomi to keep the poor girl upright. He hadn't wanted to really get involved in the first place, and now he couldn't even get away. A side long look at his owner saw a bright smile on several of the mouths of Ithorian, or at least what he thought as a smile.

"Is it often people get this ill on alcohol? Seems a rather dangerous thing as much as it is foul smelling."

GADividerBlue.png

Ah, right. Rahla frowned a little as she nodded. Different experiences, for sure. She'd never met a slave master, but she had met slaves. They never had a good life. It was part of the reason she respected her Master so much, he always did what he could to free slaves. How would he feel to know that one of his own was a slave?

"I dunno. I'm too young to drink." She shrugged indifferently. Booze was never something that interested her, and yeah. Too young to drink.

"Hopefully she'll be alright."

Bear Bear | DeadpoolMLP DeadpoolMLP | Loomi Loomi

cafe-anime.gif

Coruscant
Tags: DeadpoolMLP DeadpoolMLP , Rahla Tis Rahla Tis , Bear Bear

Loomi_divider.png

"Gonna be real with you chief, I think you've given every piece of your mind to the booze fairies."

"Is it often people get this ill on alcohol? Seems a rather dangerous thing as much as it is foul smelling."

"I dunno. I'm too young to drink."

Loomi took a moment to process all of these things before coming to the very delirious conclusion that she had just done something terrible. A look of overwhelming terror washed over her face.

"I drank hic a-alcohol?" she stammered, wobbling unstably in her seat. Almost immediately tears began welling up in her good eye, much like you'd expect of a child who had gotten in trouble. "I-I didn't hic know. I thought it was coffee! hic They didn't tell me what it was when I pointed at hic menu."

The Godoan flopped over onto her side on the bench that Jonyna had gotten her situated on, covering her face with her hands. She was positively blubbering now.

"I-I've never hic gotten in trouble before," Loomi cried. "They're gonna hic exile me."

DeadpoolMLP

"I-I've never hic gotten in trouble before," Loomi cried. "They're gonna hic exile me."
Jonyna just chuckled, sitting at the opposite side of the booth, patting Loomi Loomi on the shoulder. "It's okay bud. I'll take the fall. I'm new, they can kick me out and I can go start my own Jedi Order."

She was half joking, but that was the plan back in the day. Start her own order, fix all the problems the old one had.

"And no, usually it takes a few drinks to get drunk like this. Your species got some weird thing about booze bud?"

Bear Bear | Rahla Tis Rahla Tis | Stybla'rei'naodo Stybla'rei'naodo

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom