Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jetii delenda est [ Mandalorian Raid of Ossus vs. SJO ]

Allies: [member="Jamie Pyne"]
Enemies: [member="Vilaz Munin"]

She couldn’t hear a thing. There was a loud ringing in her ears and she could feel the blood dripping down her neck, hair getting caught within the trail. She frowned slightly, an odd sort of pressure building inside her ear canal. Her head shook from side to side, it still hurt but the pain was no longer agonizing.

Bright orange eyes searched.

She saw the silvery orb of the sonic grenade laying half a dozen feet away from it, whether or not it was on anymore she couldn’t tell. One of her sabers lay two or three feet away, the other was still clutched in her pal,.

The Jedi Marshall frowned, then continued her search.

She found the Mandalorian, half crouched against a nearby wall with the duracrete above him already cracked and broken. A scowl pulled across her face and she ignited her lightsaber once more. The loud snap hiss of the weapon was nothing more than a blurry ring to her as she stepped forward. Her arm whirled back, and once again she threw the saber.

This time the spinning disc didn’t etch towards the man however, instead it swing directly above him. The lightsaber would strike the wall and cut through it, Aela’s other hand wrenching back as she pulled on the broken duracrete.

She sought to upend the wall and topple it onto the Mandalorian, pinning him in place and hopefully ending this.

Marcus kept his head low behind the conduit box as another blaster bolt singed the metal on the corner, causing it to partially melt before cooling off into a brittle black mass. The man in the tree was obviously not to keen on running away without his saber, and though he might have tried with all of his willpower to retrieve it from Marcus' belt, the Mechamiri pack would only eat away at the arm of mystical energy as it attempted to grasp at the saber which would remain securely at his side. Marcus noticed that arm outstretched, reaching in futility, and smirked to himself only when he glanced down at the belt to see that his trophy remained. If he wanted to get it back, the man would certainly have to get in close.

"That fether in the tree! Some kinda' rocket-packed Jedi. I got his saber though. Just lay it down on that thing!"

Marcus took his time to wait while he heard the remaining bolts impact against the durasteel exterior of the small power console before he punched Brent on the shoulder as a signal to stand and reveal their own rifles. After he was sure no more bolts were on their way, he set his own rifle on the steel frame of their cover and began to lay a barrage of fully automatic fire on the tree and its occupant, hoping for only a few shots to land if any. At any rate, it would surely scare the man out of the tree with any luck.

[member="Brent Warnel"]
@D'vok Windroamer

Worthy Opponent: [member="Sorel Crieff"], the evil Jedi who wants me to talk about my feelings instead of hitting me!

Enyo was not unfamiliar with tutaminis, or energy absorption, on an academic level. She'd heard that particularly skilled users were able to block a lightsabre's blade with their bare hand - without losing all their fingers in the process.

However, she had not seen this ability on display until now. Thusly, the sight gave her pause, for about two seconds or so. The more tactical part of her mind imagined that holding on to the sabre blade had to be taxing. There was a limit to how much energy the human body could absorb.

The Jedi had power. This was evident, and the cyborg had enough self-awareness to acknowledge that she was more experienced than her. Yet, she'd resolutely refused to fight back, even though Enyo had assaulted her time and again. Of course, the clone had not succeeded in her attempt to end the Silver's life, but she'd wounded her a number of times. It was both frustrating and baffling. Was this some sort of insane martyr complex?

She could tell the woman was in pain. Enyo could smell the blood on her arms and legs, where she'd been punctured by shrapnel earlier. She should feel satisfaction...but instead she felt empty.

You won't feel any better if you kill her. You won't even have the satisfaction of a good fight, the cyborg flinched, yanking her lightsabre out of the Jedi's grasp, when she suddenly saw a shape materialise.

The shape was completely identical to her, the clone's spitting image, but she was surrounded by an aura of serenity and she wore white robes. You've got reason to have a grudge against the Jedi. Their sanctimoniny is staggering. But Archangel sent you to Korriban. They only rebuilt you because you're useful.

"What trickery is this? An illusion of yours? Or are you yet another voice in my head?" Enyo hissed, gripping her hilt tightly. Sorel was probably wondering what the clone's problem is, since the shape only existed in the cyborg's mind.

Not an illusion. Just a manifestation of your subconsciousness. Isn't it an interesting coincidence that you've been hearing voices since you woke up in Archangel's medbay after they recovered you? "Spare me your prattling. I will no be dictated by a voice inside my head. Now leave."

Think back to Session One. You were on Quesh. You know they've been trying to control you. Enyo's breathing intensified, her heart thumped inside her chest, then she took a step back, then another. Rage, anger and confusion were written across her face, but her sense of purpose was gone. Her head hurt real bad. Enyo's lightsabre remained ignited, but she backed away from the Jedi, though she kept her eyes on her.

"You ask what I want? I want freedom. I want revenge. I want the strings on to be cut and for those who toyed with me to pay." Archangel and, as far as Enyo knew, Siobhan Kerrigan.

"You frustrate me..and this angers me. Your refusal to fight is illogical and absurd. Is this the new Jedi tactic, Regardless, you wear the colours of an order I'd like to see cast down into the abyss...but you're not who I want to see dead," she reached out with the Force to snatch the Jedi's lost lightsabre, removing a hand from her own blade's hilt. "If you will not fight, then I'll keep this."

Allies: Sith [member="Darth Carnifex"] [member="Darth Prazutis"] [member="Darth Abyss"] [member="Darth Ignus"] [member="Kevros Kovani"] @Phax
Enemies: Jedi & Mandalorians [member="Causstik Rahn"] [member="Davon Karr"] [member="Arisa Yune"]
Objective: Run.

Anaya blinked as Calina cut her off the instant her voice was recognised. “Damn that child.” She hissed,slamming the side of her fist on the arm of her chair. She closed her eyes for a moment, trying to push back the veil of anger that threatened to blot out all reason. How was it possible that Calina could aggravate her so?

She had more important things to contend with, like tractor beams, interdiction fields, demands of surrender and…

“Ma’am, there’s another fleet coming out of hyperspace.... They’ve taken up position behind Nerit and Mim. Attack force inbound. IFF readouts...Silver Jedi.”

Anaya blew a sigh out of her nose. “Are they hailing?”

“Negative, they’re targeting us.”

“Well, at least the mandalorians are giving us the option of surrender. This is just downright rude.”

“Within firing range in two minutes!”

Anaya rose smoothly from the command chair. “Vent our cargo, and launch two of the remaining fighters on autopilot. Have them self destruct the moment they are at a safe distance.Keep the debris between us and the mandalorians tractor beam and get us out of here.”

“Yes ma’am!” the crew snapped in unison. Descending the dais she drew level with the captain. “Have the final fighter readied for me. You have command, Captain. Do not let them get this ship, no matter the cost. Understood?”

Her eyes were glittering with fury as they bore into Captain Crowley. She did not need to explain what she meant and he was honoured by the chance to sacrifice himself. He bowed deeply.

“It will be as you command, My Lady.”

With a nod, Anaya departed the bridge and ran for the hangar bay. She would come back for the Calina, if she had any chance of ensuring her daughter's survival, she had to first secure her own. Three fighters sped out of the hangar bay, two turned for the mandalorian fleet, the other turned its nose towards the systems edge and hit the throttle hard.

Within that fighter, Anaya reached out in the force to her daughter.

Get out of there.

Objective: Make fireworks
[member="Mara"] d’lessio merrill @ronan vizlsa [member="Grim Vizsla"] @Thrurion Heavenshield
@ANYONE IN THE TEMPLE OR CLOSE TO THE TEMPLE

The explosion from the concussion missiles impact on the Scar’s hull sent a shockwave into the now shield-less Aleph, spinning her out of control again, the thrusters choked despite Calina’s furious attempt to keep them going. A stray shot from the anti-air turrets blew a wing off and Calina had a dizzying view of spinning ground approaching far faster than she would have liked.

She hit the eject button and was spat from the spinning ship. Panic sweeled in her chest as she drew the darkside about her once more, righting her spin through the air and slowing her descent. She still hit the ground hard, rolling head over heel before coming to a halt.

Calin let out a low groan of pain, acutely aware of the multiple bruises and the pain in her chest when she drew breath. Cracked ribs by the feel of it. Her fingers fumbled for her helmet and she tugged it free, watching the Scar turn her nose away from the base and head for orbit.

And then her mother reached out to her and her disappointment at having lost was inflamed into anger. If she was telling her to get out, it meant Anaya was already leaving. She reached for the comm link in her ear.

“Delivery, what’s your status?”

“We’re taking heavy fire! Collision with the temple in...one minute.”

“Understood. Your sacrifice will be remembered.” Rolling to her feet, Calina limped for the edge of the battlefield, drawing on the force for strength and energy, she broke into a sprint eastbound and away from the temple.

The two A-36 Transports we being hammered by anti-air guns, great chunks of their hulls were ripped off, but they never slowed down, even as the east face of the temple drew closer. Jedi scattered as realisation dawned that the ship were not going to stop.

Drawing side by side, both ships careened into the temple walls, burying themselves within the building. Debris crumbled around them as they ground to a halt. Those still alive within, collectively drew breath, before kicking open the briefcases.

“For Korriban.”

BOOM!
jun-27-2016-09_26-boom.gif

Calina stopped and turned as the green fire ripped through the temple, anguish and pain rippled through the force and she brought her fingers to her lips, a slight smile creeping behind her fingers.

“For Korriban.” She whispered, blowing a kiss towards the temple, before turning on her heel and fleeing.

No sooner had the Scar of Ilum come out from under the shield than the rear sensors went haywire. Mara fumbled with the controls. A small rearview display hummed to life, depicting a far larger version of the green fireball that had hurt both her and the ship.

The new fireball was centered on the temple.

Mara sucked in a shaky breath as painful brief deaths, plenty of them, overloaded her empathic senses. Beside her, the apprentice was sobbing.

"Pull it together, Rissa." Mara spun the Scar and headed back under the shield's edge. The generator had been elsewhere, protected. "Fight's over for us. This just became a search and rescue operation. Unbuckle, get back to the medbay, and make sure Windroamer didn't leave it in a mess." Flying one-sided, she removed the Ankarres Sapphire from around her neck and tossed the unequalled healing artifact to the former Silver Padawan. "You're gonna need this."

Sorel Crieff

Ready are you? What know you of ready?
Worthy Opponent: [member="Enyo Typhos"] – the naughty lady who wants to keep hitting me, when all I want to do is talk

Sorel’s energy was waning. She was a Jedi Knight that, if the whispers were to be believed, would soon be a Master. Her powers were not inconsiderable. She’d been a Jedi for almost all her life – ever since she was four year’s old – and so could draw on greater energy than the average Jedi. But, as she always taught her Padawans, the Force was infinite although a Jedi’s ability to draw on it was not. The amount accessible grew with time and practise but sooner or later it was exhausted.

And the inducement to act – to end the fight before she was so drained she could not oppose her foe was great. But so was her resolve. At present the conflicting desires were evenly matched and she resisted the temptation. But she could not hold on to the saber indefinitely and once the woman yanked it back, Sorel gladly released her hold. She definitely needed to learn how to channel that energy into healing herself – but that hope was for another day.

She had long since stopped trying to hide her obvious pain – the cuts were evident, the strain in her face obvious and even her stance leaked the fact she was now in agony.

Sorel believed her next move would be pivotal in the outcome of this encounter. But as she braced herself for the woman’s next strike, she was surprised how long it was in coming. The woman wore a helmet and therefore could not share any thoughts or emotions through any facial expression and Sorel wondered what was delaying her in acting

And then she heard the words – not that they made any sense. Sorel was not doing anything to the woman and she did not sense another Force presence nearby. So she remained impassive until the Force – or the woman – called upon her to act. Finally the woman gave a hint as to what was happening. A voice inside her head? But what it said or what heed the woman paid to it? Sorel had no idea.

Sorel allowed the woman to speak and even snatch up her fallen saber. It seemed to be a dark-sided trait to covet things.

To steal things.

To destroy things.

Jedi were trained from a young age to eschew physical attachments. Sorel had a ship to fly in, robes to wear and her meals were paid for. She had no money, for she had no need to have money. She wanted nothing because she needed nothing. Nothing material. Nothing money could buy. A saber was just an assembly of circuits, a casing and a crystal. It works best for the crafter – due to the fact the crystal is connected to the Jedi through the Force. It could be used by any Force user, just not as effectively.

But like any ‘thing’ it could be replaced. A new saber, a new Academy. All they needed was time and any destruction would be forgotten. In Sorel's case, a new crystal sought – in fact she had a whole collection of them she’d picked up in various caves, waiting for the time to use them. Perhaps this was the Force’s way of telling her it was now? But she re-focused on the woman and her words.

“Freedom is a valid aspiration. But freedom from what? Revenge will chain you as sure as any slaver. You will be forever shackled to that need until you let it go. And I do not apologise for frustrating you. Often the best advice is the hardest to swallow. As is behaviour that jars. My refusal to fight is entirely logical. It is taught to every Jedi from their first day in the Academy. Sadly many forget the teachings of the Code.”

“And I represent the Order and will not apologise for that either. For I represent the Order I believe it to be. Am I right and others – the ones that wronged you – misguided? Or is it the other way around? I know not. I do not deliberate it either. I simply follow the Code and represent the Silver Order as best I can. If I can help you come to terms with your challenge, I shall. Today, tomorrow…any time.”

“And please keep my saber. It is yours. Consider it a gift. Something to remember me by. Something to remember this conversation by. A reminder that not every Jedi is the same and to judge us all by an individual’s behaviour is understandable but flawed.”

She smiled once more. “Please go. Leave this planet, the truth of the answers you seek cannot be found here. The Force brought you to this spot for a reason. And myself too. I shall reflect on what it means for me and I beseech you to do the same.”

“May the Force be with you.”

Sorel bowed as was her custom. Was she offering a dark-sider the opportunity to walk free? Yes and no. The woman’s use of the dark-side was not up for debate. But such people had been the Silver’s allies until very recently. Although Sorel had never approved, she understood now the difference between an enemy and an ally. Sometimes it was too easy to consider everyone either one or the other. More likely they were neither – and it was your actions that drove them one direction or another. Sorel hoped too, in some small way, to have tipped the scales slightly.

Frenemy: [member="Sorel Crieff"]

Enyo deactivated her lightsabre and strapped it to her belt, along with the sabre she'd just taken from the Jedi. It was ironic that she'd been raised in a similarly monastic way as a Jedi. In stark contrast to her template, she'd been taught to eshew physical attachments and material possessions.

Strictly speaking, she didn't even own the starfighter she'd used to infiltrate Ossus. It was Archangel property. Part of Enyo felt her lack of attachment made her superior to her sister, whose materialism and debauchery was well-known. One day, Archangel would usher in a utopian society where no one would ever want for anything. The Age of Steel would be glorious. She'd stopped believing in it since Korriban, and what was left with a deep void inside her.

Her eyes travelled across the Jedi as she spoke, scrutinising her. Then she reached into her backpack and produced a medpac. Though her limbs were mechanical, enough of her body was still organic to warrant first aid equipment, especially since she did not know how to use the Force to heal herself. Slowly, she tossed it towards the woman, so that it landed before her feet. It was not an apology and not meant to be one. The clone had not suddenly turned a new leaf or decided to let her Lord and Saviour the Light Side of the Force into her heart, but she'd been affected in some manner.

"I shall remember you when I wield this blade, and think back to this...encounter. You're not the type of Jedi I expected," she responded. Her helmet's electronic speaker modulated her voice, but though it was still quite mechanical it was noticeably less chilly than before. "I'm leaving Ossus. This isn't my war anymore. Try not to get yourself killed."

Then she turned and began to walk away. However, as she did so, she suddenly heard a loud explosion in the far distance, then her mind was suddenly hit by a strong wave of pain and anguish. They were high in the mountains to the west of Aegis Base, far away from the Temple and thus safe, but she could still see the green fire that tore through the temple. Isn't that what you wanted?

Yes. I don't really feel bad about it. It's war. But I see no glory in it.

Where to now?

Tygara. It's time to end this - and face big sister.

Spoiler: There won't be a Martha scene!

Allies: [member="Aela Talith"] & SJO
Enemies: [member="Waide"] | Vilaz Munin | Mandalorians | Sith

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4UTZA2dK0dI​

There was a glimmer of triumph in her eye as Waide fell to the ground. All she had wanted was for him to give up the hostage, which quickly escalated into multiple hostages. His reluctance in doing so had forced her hand, even after the girl had made multiple attempts to secure his freedom in exchange for the innocents. His stubbornness had caused this. Why he was fighting her when he could have simply left of his own free will was beyond her. But here they were, in the middle of a clearing, Sith Apprentice vs Jedi Padawan, crashing saber against saber, over what? Even in the heat of the moment Jamie couldn't quite understand what his motivation for potentially getting himself killed was. Was he really so frightened to return to his master empty handed that he would rather die?

What kind of existence is that?

This internal debate with herself happened in the span of the few seconds between Waide falling, and the sudden, bold thrust of crimson saber upwards towards and through her center. It was truly like a cornered animal, lashing out with every fiber of its' being to dissuade a predator from further pursuit. A two handed grip formed around the hilt of Daylight, and with all of the strength she had within her arms brought the saber down at a slight angle against Waide's just as it rose. For all of her speed, he had the advantage of distance on her from the ground. Just as she caught his lightsaber, its incredible burning power was registered for a brief moment on the inside of her thigh, burning straight through the fabric of her clothing and leaving a rather nasty scorch on her skin.

The girl immediately backed away with a yelp, breaking from the brief entanglement of their two plasma swords, leaving Waide on the ground. A few deep breaths were the precursor to adjusting herself and redirecting her weapon towards the Sith, though she'd allow the man time enough to stand back up if his leg permitted him to do so.

"This isn't necessary, Waide!" She shouted, her eyes focused on his every movement. "Just give me the hostages! I don't want to hurt you!"

Sorel Crieff

Ready are you? What know you of ready?
Notable acquaintance: [member="Enyo Typhos"]

In one sense, Sorel felt like a walk-on part in this episode of her life. Today was all about the woman she spoke to. She didn’t know her name, but suspected she’d recognise her Force presence if they met again. Should that day ever come.

So she waited patiently. She had presumed the meeting was over but it always took two to reach an agreement. But finally the woman she faced shared words that suggested they were in accord.

Sorel appreciated the tone of the closing remarks as much as the words themselves. And the medpac of course. Sorel allowed it to land and did not make a grab for it. Instead she allowed her face to continue to reflect her feelings. This time a warm smile played across her lips. They parted slightly and a soft, “Thank you,” escaped.

Sorel felt as if she were being judged – and was not uncomfortable in the experience. Rather she was quite at ease and quickly reflected that her actions were true to the Jedi she believed she was – true to the Jedi she aspired to be, one that followed the Code both in spirit and to the letter. But if ever there was conflict between the two, the spirit would always prevail.

And as she gathered her thoughts, Sorel felt the explosion. Dark siders and destruction? There was an obvious analogy there. Light siders and rebuilding? It was oddly reassuring. In a year’s time the planet would show no sign of the attack. But with any luck the person facing Sorel would have changed.

If the Mandalorians or Sith thought they’d won something through knocking down a few bricks then it suited Sorel to know how to truly keep score.

And as the woman left, Sorel gingerly picked up the box of medical supplies and applied some swift field first-aid before carefully heading back down the mountain to see if there were survivors that needed her help. Many would die today and they would re-join the Force. It was inevitable – just the date was undetermined. One day it would be Sorel…just not today.

Not what I expected but kudos to my awesome writing partner for allowing us to go in a totally organic direction that I thoroughly enjoyed playing a part in.

tumblr_n4yxgfej4Z1qf9mevo1_500.gif

Allies: Mandalorians
Enemies: Silver Jedi [member="Aela Talith"]

He could hear the whirring sound of a lightsaber coming at him which perked up his senses and readied to defend himself whatever attack the Jedi had in plan for him. But he saw that the lightsaber which was thrown wasn't intended for him. Instead it was meant for the wall that he had just collided with and cut a piece of the duracrete wall of the Jedi Temple. Then he could hear the crumbling and rumbling of the wall which was collapsing and falling on the Mandalorian.

He had to do something and fast before he was buried by the weight of the wall.

Having no other choices or options on how to counter the collapsing wall, his left arm was raised once again and shot out a rocket from his MM9 wrist rocket system. The pice of the wall exploded and chunks of it went flying in many directions. Only the debris managed to fall upon Vilaz and buried some of the lower regions of his body. His breathing was getting a bit better, but it wasn't how it was before Aela threw him against the wall.

"My only rocket too," was his only comment, and in disappointment as well. He also noticed that he no longer had his assault rifle with him. Something else that annoyed him, but he still had his WESTAR pistols, his armor's weapons system, a beskad, and a Fett-Kal knife. Along with three other grenades, one being a thermal detonator and the other flashbangs.

Vilaz then activated his jetpack and soared out of the debris of the collapsed wall. Being meters above Aela, he circled around her and threw his only thermal detonator at her. Probably not his best move as the Jedi did had some time to counter or dodge the grenade.

Allies: [member="Jamie Pyne"]
Enemies: [member="Vilaz Munin"]

Aela used the chaos of the tumbling wall to retrieve her lightsaber. The spinning blade she pulled back with a tug of the force, the hilt that had fallen to the ground she scooped up in a tight roll. As she came back up however some of the debris from the explosion peppered her, tiny rocks splitting against her skin and carving tiny gashes along her arm and waist.

She let out a hiss of pain, her hearing still giving her nothing but a loud, excruciating ring. She flinched slightly, then looked up back towards the wall to find the Mandalorian gone.

A curse left her lips.

Her eyes immediately jumped around the air, knowing that the man still had his jetpack. She found him, the small contrail that formed in his wake being enough to tip her off to where he might be. She shifted, one lightsaber igniting and the other slipping back into place on her hip as she circled and tried to get her bearings.

Blood dripped down her neck and pooled beneath her shirt.

She saw the small silvery orb tossed towards her, lips thinning.

Aela’s free hand came up, her palm out and up. She used the force to push the Thermal detonator right back towards the Mandalorian.

The trihexalon explosion had evaporated an unknown number of people but left the structure largely intact. Trihexalon was funny that way. In combination with the conventional explosions and dynamic physics of the delivery ships, microparticles of it had spread far and wide. Tiny droplets of diluted, partially-reacted trihexalon had punched through the Scar's canopy and left painful marks on her face, and she'd been very lucky. As she and Rissa hunted survivors in the affected portion of the temple, they found people who'd caught a full-sized pinhead droplet and lost limbs. The Ankarres Sapphire and the ship's miniature medical suite worked overtime, locating and triaging survivors.

OOC/ Mara's role in this skirmish is over; going to bow out of the thread. Thanks to [member="Darth Abyss"] and [member="Calina Ovmar"] for being solid opponents.

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
Alec Rekali said:
"We've nearly finished our other business. Let's figure out what's going on. Deploy stealth probes to Ossus."
The Clan's hypercapable probes were of unique design. Their specialized miniature drives let them go unnoticed by hyperspace monitoring systems or reversion sensors. They decanted in the far outsystem and used powerful passive sensors get an idea of the big picture.
Half a dozen stealth probes, arrayed throughout the outskirts of the system, continued to use high-resolution passive sensors to evaluate the situation. Two probes picked up the unique emission spectrum of multiple trihexalon detonations. Others identified certain vessels as having potential Sith connections. All of them took serious note of the numerous Silver Jedi fleets that had arrived, presumably from Tionese territory and other nearby Silver strongholds.

The composite data, once transmitted to Clan Rekali headquarters, led to strong opinions. Clan Rekali did massive business with the Silvers, both in sales and in services. Clan Rekali had unusually ample reason to hate the Sith and reject any alliance with them. Clan Rekali did not prefer to defecate where it masticated. Clan Rekali would, for the moment, stay the feth out of this.

Objective: Engage [member="Coci Heavenshield"]
Allies: [member="Darth Carnifex"] | @Sith Order
Enemies: [member="Thurion Heavenshield"] | [member="Silver"] Jedi

The cackling red lightning stores she absorbed were released in one destructive blast scything through the flames reaching to scorch her form cutting the organce gout in two. In the heat of battle it happened so fast that the blast already nailed him before he was able to fully absorb the energy. Pain rocked through his form while alerts flashed all across his HUD, thankfully his armor was resistant to ionic and electronic attacks, ensuring the blast of electricity wouldn't damage or short out his systems. Prazutis stumbled back at the brunt of the powerful blast letting out a growl while he turned the great pain into a powerful strength fueling his stores of energy. The dark lord fed on the essence of the emotions around them, the fear, the anger, all of it while he held his open right hand close, a physical red energy gathering in his hand.

​Braxus let out a roar and thrusted his hand towards Coci a large blast of pure dark side energy emerged like a wave towards her. Behind this wave came the Sith Lord who ignited his second lightsaber. Whether the wave struck her or she tried something creative she'd earn no rest as Braxus was swiftly back on her once more. Once more his unique and unpredictable yet dominating style took form using many elements especially a strong bedrock of Djem-So and including a mastery of Jar'Kai. Through his superior strength and power he brought down strike after strike. She was strong and versatile he'd give her that, her mastery of the defensive style holding up to his own highly aggressive assault.

But he had time to study his targets prior to the duel he knew who they were after, the element of surprise was on his side here. Carefully he waited subtly making changes to the tempo of his assault letting her styles counter attacks come in closer and closer, until finally the moment to strike came, and when it did it was extremely fast. It came with his letting go of the off hand lightsaber, the deactivated hilt falling almost in slow motion through the air while he attempted to grab her purple blade directly. The gauntlets of his armor for this fight were his cortosis gauntlets, which he'd use to quickly try and short out her blade. Immediately he called the other blade back to his hand and moved to deliver a slash right across her chest.

Allies: Sith
Enemies: Jedi [member="jamie pyne"]
Neutral: Mandos
Objective: Defeat the Jedi, then Escape

[SIZE=14.6667px]Waide took a few deep breaths as he looked at Jamie, watching her. He was acutely aware that he was without his mask, a fact that caused a growing pit of fear in the back of his mind. It wasn’t rational, but through the years it had become a crutch in times of conflict. The flight and fight had generated enough adrenaline that he’d been able to ignore it, but this pause, with him in a severely inferior position, brought it back fully. He focused past it as best he could and put on a confident air when he responded to her. His voice was confident, with an odd calmness to it. Obviously forced, and if she were watching for tell tales, she could see the continuing pain, anger, and fear in his eyes and the set of his shoulders.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]“You know...you are rare among the Jedi of this age.” He deactivated his lightsaber and rested his injured leg out in front of him as he sat. He looked her over in a rare pique of interest before shaking his head. “What is it that stays your hand? I have given you ample reason to see me in binders at the least, yet you offer me freedom. I have attempted to assist in the bombing of the temple here…” He motions towards the mountain they have recently left. The sounds of battle muffled over the distance, but the light from blaster bolts and Trihex bombs could be seen barely. “...despite my failure, it is still happening. I’ve refrained from killing, but I doubt that absolves me of any sin in the eyes of the Jedi Code. So what makes you different from almost every other Jedi?” He was truly curious, and the longer he talked, the less numb his leg felt. A thought struck him, and he couldn’t help but laugh. “Do you think you can redeem me?”[/SIZE]

Despite Waide's action of deactivating his lightsaber Jamie kept hers active and on guard. He'd fooled her too many times now, and even if she were open to discussion and civility, she was not interested in being made the fool of again this day. Her leg burned, there was no ignoring that, and the sporadic grimacing as she spoke would make that rather clear. She was hardly the type to hide her pain, and while she had dignity, she had a relatively small ego, at least where pain was concerned.

"Empathy and compassion." She said confidently. "I would not see the people and history here destroyed any more than I would Korriban, or Dromund Kaas." The blonde lowered the weapon slightly, directed more towards the ground as she cast a look back towards the temple, the sound of explosions making her cringe. "I care about every life and the heritage behind them. I don't agree with the Sith, or your ways, but I don't wish to make death the answer to those disagreements."

The Padawan shrugged, "There are so many Jedi codes, some more strict than others. The only code I follow is that all life is precious, and I will defend it always." Her free hand lowered, grazing over the wound Waide had given to her to briefly assess how bad it was. Quickly the young woman reeled back, pulling away her hand as the ripple of pain coursed through at the touch of fingertips. "Perhaps that doesn't make me a Jedi. Perhaps letting you go is a violation of some kind. I don't know what the Silvers would do if they caught you. Perhaps they'd imprison you. Perhaps they'd execute you. Maybe they'd torture you. I don't know. All I know is that none of those options will serve to change viewpoints from either side."

Jamie paused, losing herself in her thoughts for a brief moment.

"Sith and Jedi for centuries to come will continue killing one another just as they have for centuries before our time. Maybe I'm naive. But maybe through my actions you'll someday change. There's little more I can do but hope. "

Waide continued to watch her for a few moments. He tested his leg, seeing the extent of the numbness and the injury to his ankle. He was pretty sure his ankle was at least fractured, but he'd have to get his boot off and take a look at it to do so. He paused, and looked from her, to his boot, to her lightsaber and shrugged. For the fact that she had neglected to bind or kill him when she had plenty of opportunity, he figured he could trust her not to attack him wantonly, and so long as he had the transponder, she wouldn't likely leave, as she'd have to abandon the researcher. So, Waide stripped off his boot carefully, once he clipped his saber to his belt.

"Dromund Kaas, Korriban...worlds with a long history of Sith rule and Sith occupation." He spoke as he pulled his sock off carefully, trying with limited success to keep the pain and emotion from his face. His aversion to showing weakness was built in deeply, and one reason he clutched onto his mask. He probed the ankle with gentle fingers, obviously knowing how to feel for broken or fractured bones. "The people there, the history there...it is the history of my order. You have no wish to see that eradicated? The stain of the dark side and my order swept from the galaxy?" His probing satisfied him that it was merely fractured at the moment, though he'd have to be careful. Every step with it would strain it until he got it healed. He left off the uniform boot, but pulled the sock back on. He then pulled off the other boot and tossed both off to the side before removing the uniform top and tossing those with the boots, leaving him in a simple undershirt and the uniform pants. He couldn't help but grin at the confusion in her eyes. "I'll keep the pants and shirt for now, if you don't mind."

He hadn't decided what to do yet, however, and that was unusual for him. His masters had both instilled within him the desire for quick and confident decision making, and if she had been a bit more self-righteous, he'd know what to do.

Now, however, he didn't.

So, he stood, then pulled his lightsaber from his belt, but did not activate it.

"Do you believe all Sith to be evil, disordered beings who wish to see harm done to the galaxy?" He asked as he stood there, arms akimbo, feet in a fighting stance, yet he made no offensive move.

The girl watched Waide curiously as he removed his clothing and took observation of his injuries. She remained silent throughout the process, lowering her weapon to point towards the ground, the glow of the beam reflecting against the small blades of grass and patch of soil just below where it hovered. While she hadn't quite intended to injure him in that manner, it was likely for the best that she had, lest he may have very well been a measurable bit more successful in hurting or even killing her during the whole ordeal. After all, what she had done was something she hardly imagined most Jedi were willing to be put through. It was simply who she was, empathetic towards all.

"I've been to Dromund Kaas. I've seen some of the ancient tombs. I've taken photographs within the chambers for my own understanding. I've spoken with a Lord of the Sith." Jamie sighed, her finger releasing the activator on her saber, retracting the blade back into the housing. "I don't believe the Sith are right. But spreading destruction in the face of those ideals will only widen that divide further." She waived her hand, the man's clothing were hardly much of a concern for her. "Sure." She said, a small smile breaking from her thinned lips.

Blue eyes studied the man as he picked himself up from the ground again, though she'd be lying if her heart didn't skip a beat when he pulled his weapon free once again. "I don't know." She admitted. "I don't know that anyone is wholly good or evil. I know that not everyone within any particular order is good or evil." While she didn't know what he was planning to do, she had a safe assumption that his next actions hinged on her answering of this question. "I believe that some fit that stigma. I believe some are on the wrong path towards that end. I believe some truly believe that they can somehow control the Dark Side, bend it to their will without the consequences that come from such manipulation."

Jamie Pyne said:
"I believe that some fit that stigma. I believe some are on the wrong path towards that end. I believe some truly believe that they can somehow control the Dark Side, bend it to their will without the consequences that come from such manipulation."
Waide listened attentively as Jamie spoke, the saber hilt sitting firmly in his hand remained unlit.

"Only the fools think they can get away without consequences." He confirmed with a nod to emphasize. He looked back at the dropship, then back to Jamie. "Would you believe me if I told you he'd have a better life if you let me take him? We can acquire his family to keep them together, but he will likely be of great use to my order, possibly even to myself especially. Depending on what he knows."

He looked at Jamie, enjoying the slight tang of fear in the air when he took up his saber again, but knowing that continuing this fight would be folly. He would be outclassed by her even if their saber skill levels were the same, and he was fairly certain she'd had more training than he in that regard.

Enemies: [member="Waide"] | Mandalorians | Sith

There was a line between civility and foolishness. One that Jamie was not open to crossing again. "I would not." She said plainly. "I've seen first hand some of the suffering left in the wake of conflicts like these." Ugly was the word, but she bit her tongue on continuing to dissuade the Sith from his own delusion. Some chose to believe only what they saw, whilst ignoring the ambiences surrounding that belief. Perhaps his masters had painted some grand picture for him to follow, and he had fallen prey to this manipulation. The Sith were often notorious for bending the visions of others to suit their own greedy desires. However free will was something Jamie also believed quite strongly in.

The younger woman placed her lightsaber back onto its' resting place beside her, crossing her hand over the other as she debated within herself on how to handle such a unique situation. This was truly the strangest encounter she could have imagined having, when after all her entire intent for this trip had simply been to study archives and data files, not combat a Sith during the middle of an impromptu war.

"However." She added, speaking with her hands in tandem. "If the man, of his own free will, determines that he wishes to leave, under the guarantee of safe and civil treatment, then I would not deny him that, lest he be a prisoner by my hands." The blonde could hardly imagine the researcher wanting to work for the Sith, however, stranger things had happened before. "Free him. Let him choose on his own, without threat or influence. And his decision will be mine."

Jamie nervously extended her off hand towards Waide, noting the weapon still in his hand. "Deal?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom