Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

(Jedi Scout Mission - Ossus)

Alan

Blessed are the peacemakers
Tracyn was more than tempted to grab @[member="Michael Sardun"] and throw him as far as he could (being as strong as he was, it'd be pretty far), but Tracyn resisted it and turned back to the obelisk. Tracyn turned to @[member="Hion the Herglic"]."Then it should know, that my mind is not a nice place to be. In fact, the whole balance thing that the Je'daii are accustom to isn't going to go over well if this starts to probe into my mind."He turned back to the obelisk, staring at it for a moment.
Tracyn paused and turned back to it. He ran his hand over it for a moment, staring at it. Tracyn stared at the engravings on his crushgaunts, the meanings and symbols known only to him. He turned back to Hior. He took his hand off of it, sniffing."And maybe...it's not a Je'daii artificat we're looking at. Maybe the Je'daii stored it away. After all, they did kind of have a big split and we did kind of end up with a giant enemy that's repeatedly known for unspeakable horrors to people. So, there's that."He paused.

"Then again, it could just be a machine that repeats what I say."He said, scratching his head.

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
Perhaps the voice was amused by @[member="Tracyn Ordo"]'s bluster. Who could know? Suffice it to say, it mirrored every word he spoke, and every word said by @[member="Hion the Herglic"], at the exact same time as they spoke.

"...repeats what I say," it said, just before Tracyn said those words.

It had said what he would say before he said it. It would continue to do so, and whoever spoke would find themselves strangely compelled to say what they were already intending to say, which they'd just heard, like an echo from the future. They would find that they were unable to alter what they were saying from what they'd originally meant. It would always repeat them before they said it. A sense of mental pressure grew.

On the Bith homeworld, sensitive instruments detected a breach of causality, a paradox.

Alan

"I say we either get out of here, or blow it up. I like the boom boom part myself."He said, turning and prodding the obelisk with his crushgaunted hand. He wanted to blow it up and smash it with a hammer. Tracyn carried a....grenade. He had ONE grenade. Just one. If only he had a hammer.

@Je'gan Olra'en

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
@[member="Tracyn Ordo"] would find that, by this point, the obelisk's voice was still repeating him, impossibly, before he said it. Probably not a good sign.

The Admiralty
Codex Judge
Michael fell back into oblivion, but a part of him still lingered on deep inside of him. Through the Force it was aware of everything that had transpired until now, it was hard to ignore the feeling of embarrassment but now it was a life or death situation and he knew he had to warn his companions before it was too late.

Using the Force the small conscious part of his self reached out to his comrades and pushed a thought through the connection. He was not sure they would get his meaning but in his current weak and broken state it was all he could do.

"Fools, silence your tongues. Use the Force to express your thoughts."

Michael did not know if it was actually a solution to their problem, this would not be the first time he made a mistake. But he had to try something.

Iella opened her mind to them all in the room, just in time to receive Michael's telepathic thought. She was about to say the same thing. Michael is right, do not speak. From the nature of this, this thing, it is a mind prision and the sentient inside will possess you, if you touch it, or open it incorrectly. You will become a vessel for them. It is already inside you Knight, block your mind now because you are in danger. She only hoped they all had the ability in telepathy, if not she would shut them up physically.

The Moon stone pulsed with hot energy around her body, she cut her mind of to them in the room and opened it up to the Ancients. Ancients, I need your guidance. Give me the strength to fight it. The Moon stone immediately flared with a white light, the heat of power surging through Iella's veins, she felt her mind strengthen with a shield strong and only someone powerful could be able to penetrate it. The Moon stone does not give Iella special power, it simply enhanced her abilities .. ones she already possess.

Walker of the Light, guidance and strength is given to you, do not succumb or evil will return. The one inside dangerous to you all. We know this being... beware.

Iella spoke aloud in a voice not quite her own, but to those listening sounded like she spoke with more then one voice. The Moon stone around her neck, a conduit through which the Ancients of Kwa, grant her aid.

@[member="Michael Sardun"]
@Je'gan Olra'en
@[member="Tracyn Ordo"]
@[member="Hion the Herglic"]

Alan

Tracyn turned to @Iella E'ron and made a face. He wiggled his amulet of Tel'ra, and stared back at the obelisk."I'm not exactly in the mood to be taking life advice from the jedi's greatest flashlight or a concussed guy either. I'll take blubber boys advice however. And stop using all that force shit, or I'll slap the glowy goofiness right out of you." He said, turning back to the obelisk.

"You wanna be in my mind you fething piece of shit? It'll be nice to have someone to share in my fethed up head. Come on, stop using my voice and tell me what you really are. Or whom, before I smash or blow you to bits." Tracyn said, his teeth grinding in the unquenchable rage that was building in him.

@[member="Michael Sardun"]
@Je'gan Olra'en
@Tracyn Ordo

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
The voice had repeated every single word they said. The sense of pressure in the Force had grown. Its influence on Tracyn was not on his mind, but on the connections between his soul and his body.

"I'm sorry, @[member="Tracyn Ordo"]," said the voice, in a sudden stillness. "I only answer to Lightsiders, and you are not one."

Alan

Tracyn threw up his hands and gave the galaxy's greatest smartass a good kick at the base."Yeah well feth you too, you big ugly phallus shaped Rakatan reject." He said, tempted to smash it to bits.

"All in favor of blowing it up say 'no Tracyn, don't do that, we can earn a lot from it.'"Tracyn said, itching at his neck. He was having Banthazolate withdrawals, thanks to his constant need of an escape from the fact that the last good thing in his life left him in a big fiery explosion and his son was in a place where he didn't want him to be.

@Jel'gan Olra'en
@Friggin Obelisk

@Michael Sardun
@Je'gan Olra'en
@Tracyn Ordo
@Hion the Herglic

Iella just looked on in disbelief at the actions of the Knight. Ok he is frustrated, which is probably what the thing wants, but he is also endangering the mission and their lives. She also became frustrated at him, There is no emotion, there is peace. ... There is no emotion, there is peace. .... There is no emotion, there is peace. going over and over again in her mind. She took in a deep breath to rid herself of this frustration and centered her mind again, now protected by the Ancients.

She ignored his comments and approached the mind prison. "Will you take to me?". she simply asked.

Hion watched silently with those big, black eyes as Ordo became increasingly frustrated, failing to act as a Jedi should. But Hion knew the frustrations a Jedi faced. To watch Ordo succumbing to them made him uneasy, even more uneasy than the mind reading obelisk, because the young Knight's actions revealed an all too real truth: Jedi were not perfect.

The obelisk' swords to Ordo frightened Hion. Reaching out in the Force, hoping he would find only frustration, he felt Ordo's emotions. Pent up rage, confusion, and a sense of mounting abandonment flowed through Ordo. So much anger... So much suffering. A great sorrow overcame Hion. Reaching out, he placed a reassuring flipper on the Knight's shoulder.

"Brother Knight, peace. We are here, hauum. We shall not abandon you because of a few words from a stone. We are your family. Peace." He sent it telepathically along with reassuring waves of serenity in the Force.

Alan

Tracyn sighed and leant his head back. The sigh last as long as his lungs had air, and he glanced around. He brushed the flipper off his shoulder, and then snapped his head towards the pair, feeling the usage of the force."My fething bad, but I do believe that we are on a Sith planet, and using our little gifts might attract some attention. You know what, actually, you guys go ahead and use the force. I could do with killing something."He said, in a sarcastic tone.Then again, a Banthazolate hit wouldn't be too bad right now either. He said with an agreeing look to his own statement on his face.

He pointed at the obelisk."That's trouble. Let's blow it up. Just, strap something to it, blow it up. Or we can get out of here. Move on with the tour, you know? Maybe this is just a Je'daii museum and we aren't supposed to touch it! Or be near it!"His arms flailed as he talked, his powerful body comically moving around."And I am calm, trust me. Oh, trust me. I'm calm. I'm just kind of agitated and kind of upset."Say what you want, Tracyn was good at lying. But in reality, it was like every tiny little moment that made him mad went off in his head. It was consuming him, the rage. It wasn't hate, it was just pure rage. It was past anger, it was past that. It was pure rage, unquenched and unaddressed for years upon years. He snarled a bit, curling and uncurling his fists into his hands. He turned back to the obelisk, the urge to move on or destroy it very, very, apparent on his features.

@Iella E'ron
@Je'gan Olra'en

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
@[member="Iella E`ron"] got a response from the obelisk, but not one that the others could hear.

Yes, I will. Frankly, I would talk to anyone here except the man who has made himself vulnerable to me by his unceasing...talking.

Without warning, @[member="Tracyn Ordo"] found himself elsewhere. Amidst featureless whiteness and the stone constructs stood an immense Whiphid. Velok whuffled in amusement as he surveyed one of the Mandalorians who had helped kill him once, on Yaga Minor.

The rest of the Jedi were treated to the sight of Tracyn going limp and falling to the ground. A stone panel slid aside, revealing a room with an unusual arrangement: A single pyramidal holocron, floating amidst the branches of a tree. Off to the side lay the body of a Whiphid, snoring gently.

Alan

Tracyn had his back turned to Velok, first of all. He looked around, glancing at the structures within the Rakatan mind prison. He turned towards him, staring up at him for a moment. He got close to Velok, growling as he had his fists curled."You...you really suck."Was what he wanted to say. He did say, actually. He was tempted to hit him, but Tracyn knew that he might have had to spend eternity here with the big ugly bastard, so he might as well just yell at him for the time being.

Who knows, he might have even had a board game here. Probably not, just a bunch of Sith knowledge or whatever the Whipid knew."So, you bring me here to talk to me or you just enjoy my pretty face? Since we're in a prison, we might have to decide who becomes the prison wife."He said, flexing his neck, trying to calm himself.

Trying, was not the same as doing.

@Je'gan Olra'en

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
@[member="Tracyn Ordo"]

The Dark Lord took a seat on a simple cot. "You're welcome to try satiating your lusts, boy," he growled, "if a hundred-year-old Whiphid male floats your metaphorical boat. That said, I think you'll find that all physical contact is impossible in here; we pass through each other.

"So. Do you intend on getting out? Because, as it happens, so do I. Even though the thought of spending a token amount of life in your puny, hairless body disgusts me."

@Michael Sardun
@Je'gan Olra'en
@Tracyn Ordo
@Hion the Herglic
@[member="Velok"]

Yes, I will. Frankly, I would talk to anyone here except the man who has made himself vulnerable to me by his unceasing...talking.

As the Knight's body hit the surface of the cavern, these words took on a new mean. Iella moved over to this body and crouched down to place her fingers on his neck feeling for a pulse. He is not dead, which is something, but she now realised that he is .. indeed. ... in danger. The voice had said the man who has made himself vulnerable to me, with those words she now knew the Knight is within the prison. And if the Knight awoke, more then likely it would not be him, but the sentient within.

This event is passed her capabilities, and probably that of Hion's too. But they are the ones now facing it and set to defeat it, if they can. From what she had seen of Hion, he is the right man to have beside her. A true Jedi. She gathered the force and protected her mind more, but opened up a telepathic link to Hion.

We must watch the Knight, if he moves we must detain him if possible, because it will not be him. Keep you mind focused and closed even to me and I shall do the same. This being is talking to me telepathically, I shall speak aloud for you to hear. If you need to speak to me give me a signal and I will respond. With that she shut her mind to Hion.

Iella walked around the obelisk .. the panel moved to reveal part of the interior. She looked at it for moment, compelled to do so, it is pulling and powerful, almost exquisite, the floating holocron beautiful dancing among the tree. Do not look at it, Iella.

She closed her eyes, and open her mind to the force, she centered her being gathering the force to her middle and letting pulse with power. She felt the force moving from this point to all parts of her body and through her mind's eye see could see all in the cavern through the force. A talent she has learned from her Master. The obelisk pulsed with an energy far greater then she expected, she could see the small finger like threads issuing from it, searching the cave, this is pure evil. She wrapped the force around her, pulling the light side of force to protect her.
You shall not pass.

"To whom do I speak?", she began again aloud and addressing the prisoner. "This is a prison, what is your crime?". She simply did not know where this would take them, but she hope that something might give them a purpose for this. Surely this was not what they sort, ... was it?

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
@[member="Iella E`ron"]

"Curiosity," said the gravelly voice. "This prison was built for another. I wanted his soul and I got what I wanted, but I was unable to leave. At least, not without giving up what I took. Have you ever seen a trap for a Kowakian money-lizard? You put bait in a box with a small hole, big enough to admit the hand but too small for the fist that is closed around the bait. I refuse to let go of the bait. In time, however...well, we shall see whether the obelisk will release me once I've fully digested the memories of the prisoner."

Alan

Tracyn walked up to Velok, making faves at him behind his back."Not like you'd even function well not being butt ugly for once in your life." Tracyn said with a huff. He fumbled around for a cigar, and realized that he didn't have one, it was back on his real body. Not that the other Jedi needed to know that.

"Okay, hi, my name is Kobe. But you can call me Tracyn. You've already met my fists and knees." He said, shuffling as the effects of Circe's poison and his withdrawals were taking over. He didn't like being here. He wanted out.

@[member="Velok"]

@[member="Velok"], @[member="Tracyn Ordo"], @[member="Hion the Herglic"], @Je'gan Olra'en

Iella's mind was racing, trying to figure out how to get Knight Ordo out of there, and back in his own body. The creature or prisoner continued to talk.

So, you got curious and you got caught? she did not believe him. You are not alone then, it seems to me that you have party now, you, this being you sort and now our Knight. But you are no lightsider, why do you wish to speak on one?

Her words she was choosing wisely so that Hion could understand the conversation between this evil and her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom