Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

(Jedi Scout Mission - Ossus)

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
"I think," said Je'gan slowly, "we need to ponder this. I think those are questions we should ask the statues."

He addressed them with Iella's question. "Your puzzle does not mention the third door," he said. "Is the third door the one we should seek?"

The blue statue glowed gently. "Yes."

The yellow statue glowed also. "Yes."

The green statue glowed in its turn. "Irrelevant."

"Interesting," said Je'gan. "Is there a defined order you speak in?"

"Yes," said blue.

"No," said green.

"No," said yellow.

Je'gan snorted. "Interesting. I think...this puzzle is up to you." He sat down against the cave wall, as if settling in for a long wait.

A great sloshing came from behind the cadre of Jedi, accompanied by a resonating, low-toned humming as an amply proportioned figure rose from the water and stomped forward, stopping just behind the group. Cold beads of water ran down black and white blubber, which shone dimly. The figure towered head and shoulders above those in the group, while the rather significant girth of the beast was more than triple that of most sentients. Deep-black, saucer-plate eyes stared at the doors before glancing at the surrounding group. Suddenly, the whale flashed a gigantic, gleaming, white-toothed smile. Those who knew Herglics would recognize it as Hion's nervous smile.

It did not look nervous.

"Hauum," Hion hummed, perplexed, his low-pitched, sonorous voice reverberating through the cavern. "A very curious puzzle. Very curious." He absently scratched at a scar that ran the length of his uncovered white belly - though he wore shorts, of course. Very large shorts -, bisecting his torso with a large, black flipper. "Apologies for my lateness. I had some, hauum... trouble getting out of the shuttle." Hion suddenly looked very embarrassed. Herglics did not like to talk about their size and the fact of the matter was that one of the shuttle doors had been very small.

"Though the water was quite refreshing," Hion hummed, quickly followed by a sheepish grin.

It did not look sheepish.

He glanced at the doorway. "Curious indeed. The last line is quite intriguing. As last may be? Perhaps, it is then the last door?"

@Je'gan Olra'en, @Michael Sardun, @Lews Therin, @[member="Hion the Herglic"]

Iella watched the Master go sit down and leave this up to her and the others. They could be here for days on this puzzle, truth, lies and irrelevant? She sighed.

Then the sound of something, strange. An unusual voice spoke and she turned to see who the new comer was, or was it the girl who seemed to change into a boy? now a Herglic? The Galaxy is truely wonderous as she looked upon the Herglic. But no, this is a new sentient come to join them. She bowed her greetings to him, with a smile.

"Padawan Iella E`ron, at your service .. and your logic is as sound as any", could it be as simple as that?, well yes. She looked over to Master Olra'en, with a questioning brow raised. "Master? it could be?".

Not Ordo

Just under the upper hand.
The puzzle before them was strange indeed nothimg like he had ever seen. Master @Je'gan Olra'en said nothing to hint his ideas though he no doubt had many, and his compatriot @[member="Iella E`ron"] seemed as much at a loss as he was himself. The tunnels were ancient of that their was no doubt but who of all the many visitors had made it? Yellow, blue, green. False and true. Only two ways mentioned. Hmmm....perhaps, just perhaps, he would voice his idea, but what if he were wrong and they all died as a result. He could not help himself however, and began to speak.

"If only two ways are mentioned, but there are three doors maybe two are the false way." Lews began uncertainly, "if this was made by je'daii then maybe the colors are the answer. Yellow and blue are primary colors, while green is a meld of the two. Green is both yellow and blue in balance with one another. If that is so the yellow and blue may signify extremes and therefore equally false while green is balanced and therefore true. However if this is not je'daii, then I have no ideas."

Lews stood eyes locked on the doors and thought he would ask the doors as the riddle sugest.

"What is truth?"

@[member="Michael Sardun"]

@Je'gan Olra'en, @Michael Sardun, @Lews Therin, @Hion the Herglic

Adhere to truth, beware of lies
See clearly, child, with reason's eyes
Three doors, but only one true way
And one of these could make you stray
Or guide you straight and true, for he
Is true or false, as last may be.

She could be wrong of course, but Iella had started to suspect Blue as the door of lies. And with Lews theory on the colours, it did start to make a bit of sense?.

"Lews, I think we need to ask them questions that require a yes or no response.. but I think you have something with the colours".

She would try. only one true way, kept going over in her mind and with Lews thoughts on the matter. She approached the green door.

"Your riddle speaks of only one true way", she was thinking on the Jedi Way. " .. are you the door that will lead us to the .. Je'daii Way?".

The Admiralty
Codex Judge
Michael pondered for a second, the answer seemed obvious. A little bit too obvious for his taste. No one else suggested it, but that does not automatically make it false. There are three doors, one lies, one speaks the truth and the third? It seemed to lack interest. If only one door leads to the right path and it is in fact neither the door of truth nor the door of lies? Then it should be the door that does not give a frak.

The solution then should not be difficult, figure out which door speaks the truth and which doors speaks lies. Then pick the remaining door.

"Do you speak the truth?" Michael asked each of the doors with a frown on his face.

@[member="Iella E`ron"], @Je'gan Olra'en, @Lews Therin, @Hion the Herglic

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
To Iella, the green door said "No."

To Sardun, who had asked from left to right, the yellow door said "No." The green door said "Yes." The blue door said "Yes."

The Admiralty
Codex Judge
"No." said the Yellow door, "Yes." said the Green door and "Yes." said the Blue door. "Well this makes things a little easier, does it not." Michael mumbled on while considering all the answers which have been given by the doors.

The Blue door lies, when Master Je'gan asked them if they answered in a defined order two of the three answered negatively while the blue door answered positively. The only problem was? They answered in a different order than during the previous question.
The Yellow door was also lying. By answering the answer truthfully she does tell the truth. So she lies by saying that she never speaks the truth.

Michael was not sure if he should state this out loud, even he had trouble forming a coherent train of thought concerning this issue. But in the end he knew that it was far better to look the fool, then withhold something that could be a valuable piece of information. Taking the chance Michael told his companions his ideas and then said "The Green door is probably the one we are looking for, seeing as both the Blue as the Yellow door are lying." "Remember the Je'daii were known for their Balance, they adhered to the principle of being in complete balance with both the Light side as the Dark side. Lews was on the right track with the colors, blue plus yellow makes green. It would make sense for the Je'daii to pick the Green door because of the Balance they adhered to." Michael coughed then and added "Honestly I am just speculating here, what do you guys think about it?"

After considering all the options and the thoughts from Lews and Michael, Iella agreed that the green door is most probably the one they require.

"Also it was interesting that only the green door answered my question, when all of them should have really. Even though I stood before the green door, there was no reason for the others not to". And that was regardless of the green doors negative answer to her. After all it was being irrelevant. But there was nothing irrelevant about it.

Iella looked over toward Master Je'gan, with a questioning gaze.

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
@[member="Iella E`ron"]

There was, perhaps, a subtle note of embarrassment in the voices of the yellow and blue doors as both said "Yes" belatedly, to Iella's words.

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
Je'gan cleared his throat.

"I suspect you're right about the green door, Sardun. I haven't been keeping close track, which I probably should have. The green statue may tell the truth, or the green door may be the safe road, though I suspect it's nothing as simple as the safe color telling the truth. I suspect the green door tells the truth, at this point. It's worth a shot, anyway. But this reminds me of a puzzle I heard in my youth."

With a grimace, he stood and addressed the green door's guardian. "If I ask the yellow statue whether the green door is safe, will he say yes?"

"Yes."

"If I ask the blue statue whether the green door is safe, will he say yes?"

"Yes."

"If I ask the yellow statue whether the blue door is safe, will he say yes?"

"Yes."

"If I ask the blue statue whether the blue door is safe, will he say yes?"

"No."

"If I ask the yellow statue whether the green door is safe, will he say yes?"

"No."

"If I ask the blue statue whether the green door is safe, will he say yes?"

"Yes."

"Does the yellow statue always tell the truth?"

"No."

"Does the yellow statue always lie?"

"No."

Je'gan nodded and sat back down. "I think, Padawans, you have all the information you need."

"The yellow is not always truthful, so clearly not that one. The blue one does not lie, but it admits it is not safe. Though we have not asked any similar questions of the green one, it is obvious to see that Master Olra'en has, hauum, pointed us squarely in the right direction."

Great, thundering strides carried the Herglic toward the green door. He stopped just short and extended a massive flipper. "Shall we then?"

Iella stood there without expression on her face, they had worked it out, but the hard way. Why did I not think of that?, she mentally facepalmed. To ask the doors about the other. She simply nodded to the new comer and moved toward him and waited from the door to open.

However, she turned her head and shot a quick smile to Master Olra'en, in the form of a bravo!.

Not Ordo

Just under the upper hand.
@Je'gan Olra'en @[member="Hion the Herglic"] @[member="Iella E`ron"] @[member="Michael Sardun"]

Lews nodde his head at the Responses from the doors and moved to take his place in the growning Jedi procession. The cool dark air of the cave had grown heavier and He could feel the cjange in pressure more clrarly now that they had stopped. His plams sweated lightly from both nerves and excitement. This, his first mission, was growing exceedinglyinteresting, but his hope of the Green door answering balance and the others, irrelevant, had not seen fulfillment. Even so his deduction seemed to be turning out regardless. He lifted his dark green blafe and turned to check behind them before turning to follow his comrades.

"Ready as ever," Lews Therin said with a slightly forced calm, "I wonder how many more surprises await?"

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
@[member="Hion the Herglic"] @[member="Iella E`ron"] @[member="Lews Therin"] @[member="Michael Sardun"]

Je'gan's eyes tightened in consideration, but he nodded. "Green door it is."

It slid slowly up at his touch, revealing a dark passageway. The instant he stepped inside, however, the green door slammed back down, and the floor dropped from under him. Rods descended from the ceiling like piledrivers, slamming him downward.

The Padawans and Hion would sense pain and then unconsciousness.

Green was not the right door. At least not this time. Also, their Force presences could now be sensed (though the ship would remain hidden). If the team used the Force in significant degrees, a Sith might sense them.

Iella was about to move behind Master Olra'en to follow. She was hit by the sense that something bad was about to happen but it was only fleeting .. her eyes widened as she witnessed the horror before her. For a moment riveted to the spot.

The White Current cloak, which seemed to protect them not only with cloaking but a sense of quiet and calm, or maybe it was just her, it lifted immediately the rods fell. She let out a sharp breath, as she realised she had been hold it in. Then ran toward Master Olra'en laying on the ground unconscious. She ploughed her knees into the surface of the cave and as she knelt there, her eyes darting over his body not know where to begin to help. She place her hand on his neck and sighed there was a pulse. But she knew there would be, they would feel his death otherwise. However, it was faint and fading.

@Je'gan Olra'en

The last thing on her mind was the doors, at this moment. At least he is not dead, but they are all revealed and can be detected. To use the Force now gone, and even still, their very presence at threat to them. But if they needed they could defend themselve, maybe? The most important thing now is to make sure Master Olra'en is comfortable and without injury. They needed to get him back on his feet.

"I wont use the Force", she whispered not sure if he would hear. "But I do need to wake you up". Firstly however, she would check his body, at least while he is knocked out he will not feel pain. She placed her hands on his legs at the ankles and gently worked her way up to check from broken bones. She found no sign of breaks, his ribs however would be determined when he stood or tried to. His arms without injury, at least this was some good luck considering what just happened it could have been far worse.

She slapped his cheeks lightly to see if she could bring him round, nothing. She tried again a little harder. Hmmm, the water!. She did not have anything on her to care water but that was no matter. She raced back toward the water, jumping the gap and reached the waters edge. She took off her cloak and soaked it. She returned back to the Master's side and lifting the cloak over him .. she squeezed and the water poured from it all over his face... " If you do not wake up, the hat is mine". Hoping that might spark some sort of reaction.

The Admiralty
Codex Judge
It seemed Michael had made a miscalculation somewhere, he would have to figure out where he made a mistake soon. But with their Master out of the running, it seemed to be a distant worry. Iella was already caring for Je'gan, so that was already taken care of.

"Blue...or...yellow...don't...use...Force."

Master Je'gan was not as incapacitated as everyone thought he was, still it was obvious he was not in a position to lead anything. Looking around the room he decided to take charge. It was the only thing he could do to fix his mistake.

"You heard Master Je'gan, no Force powers from now on. I am really sorry for this, it is partially my fault."

Sitting down in front of the 3 pathways he then started meditating, trying to find a flaw in his reasoning. It had seemed so obvious, find the path that speaks the truth and you will find the true path. Why did it not work then, the green door was the door that spoke true. It should have been the right one. But what if they were searching for the wrong door from the beginning? The Je'daii were famous for their tradition of balance. In fact, it does not make any sense for them to make the door that speaks the truth the right door.

It would make far more sense to pick the door.. that spoke lies and truths together. Which would be the Yellow door.
Michael almost hit himself for his stupidity, the answer lay in front of him this whole time and for some reason he did not see it until now. Until Je'gan hurt himself.

Exhaling slowly, Michael stood from his crouched position and regarded the people who stood in front of him.

"I have the answer. The true door is the Yellow door. I am certain of this, will you follow me?" He asked each of them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom