Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Jedi Covenant // The First of Many

A Light Shining in Darkness
thu-berchs-67-thu-3.jpg

Somewhere In The Galaxy...
870ABy

Wyatt had been across the Galaxy and back again, fighting the Bryn'adul, the Sith, every threat to have ever risen; he'd become feared by his enemies and loved by his friends - he'd failed to protect those he loved, and saved millions he didn't know. His name had become synonymous with the Light, but he himself knew that it was overstated - kind words from friends over the years. Allyson Locke Allyson Locke , Cedric Grayson Cedric Grayson , Ryv Karis , Romi Jade Romi Jade - the names went on but they paled compared to those he had failed. Through it all, however, he had come to internalize a few lessons.​
Jedi did not need armies or governments to make them strong - they almost didn't need Orders, but not to train the next generation. Enclaves had sprouted up around the Galaxy and kept themselves afloat despite great odds. Romi had done so successfully for years - Coren Starchaser Coren Starchaser before her, and more names besides. They had profound success - while the untrained Order he had left behind was crudely undermined by Senators, Sith, and propaganda. Even when he ran it, it was stress and beuracracy - all the good he could do taken up by paper work, funding, and advising politicians on Jedi matters.​
It made him realize that he didn't need to be the great unifer as he had once hoped - to mend the cracks in the Jedi Order and make a singular group to hold fast in the face of adversity. No, now was not the time for grand orders and great armies - but of strength in icons, strength in skill, to provide the galaxy with hope of a new kind. He'd seek out the greatest the Galaxy had to offer - hope they'd join in him his efforts to see the Sith pulled from the depths of their shadows and shown the light for what it is.​
But for that, he needed to reach out - to old friends and new. Today would be one of those days - criminal organizations offering him good word on the location of someone he hoped to meet. She was on the planet for only a few days, transitory or otherwise - and he would intercept her. She likely didn't know him, likely had never heard of him - but he had heard of her, and he hoped she would at least hear him out.​
The door to the starship hanger opened, and in walked the once-Grandmaster Wyatt Morga shrouded in a brown cloak. His stature was hidden behind the unassuming cloak, but each step echo'ed his weight. He pulled his hood down and glanced about, met by none - so instead, he called out.​
"Hello? Master Noble?"

Valery Noble Valery Noble

n0m34qi.png
Valery: Appearance
Outfit: Factory Link
Lightsabers: Link!
Ship: Factory link
Tag: Wyatt Morga Wyatt Morga
Being a Jedi was often a tiring thing, especially for those who ventured out into the Galaxy at any opportunity to do what was right. Endless hours of traveling between worlds far apart, handling locals, adjusting to varying cultures, and of course, solving complex problems that required a well-trained mind and intense focus. All without regard for self or recognition, to instead seek reward through the simple act of carrying out one's duties to make a difference.
Valery was one such Jedi, committed to the oath she once took to protect peace and help vanquish the Dark Side. The latter especially was the focus of the Enclave she was once the Grandmaster of, and while its Temple was in ruins, a relic of the past, Valery was still focused on her original path. To fight the Dark Side, its creations, and its followers who seek to oppress those incapable of protecting themselves was what she valued most.
Outside her family, of course.
This path is also what largely carried her through the Galaxy, where she was always searching for traces of the Dark Side. Remnants of fallen Empires, artifacts in the darkest of places, and Sith attempting to establish new powerbases — to strike at them from the Shadows, she needed information. But this kind of information could only be found in the underbelly of some worlds, away from proper civilization.
Today, she had traveled to one such world, deep in the outer rim where most wouldn't dare to set foot. From the moment she landed, danger had been on her mind — it was present in every corner of the spaceport, with malicious intent written all over the faces of those lurking in the halls and corridors.
But there was something else too; a presence that stood out immensely against the background of criminal scum. It had piqued the woman's interest from the moment she felt it and motivated her to remain in the Hangar, albeit hidden in the Shadows. It was only when she watched him enter and heard him address her with the tone and confidence of an experienced Jedi that she stepped out of her Cloak.
"That would be me," Valery replied a faint smile on her face that would be followed by a respectful bow of her head.
"Not a place where I was expecting to meet another Jedi, so consider me curious."
n0m34qi.png

Curious was a good start - but he'd need more to convince her of what he had planned.​
Wyatt offered her a smile, resting his hands before him clasped together. A nod and a slight bow, he spoke again;​
"It's a pleasure to meet you - I've heard little, but what I have heard has been very impressive. You may have heard of me, or you may have not - but I am Jedi Master Wyatt Morga. I was once Grandmaster of the Jedi Order, Councilor to the Silver Jedi, The Greyson Imperium, and a veteran of many battles."​
"To be blunt and upfront with you, Master Noble, I've come to ask you to go to war with me. Against the threat much of the galaxy has chosen to ignore."​

n0m34qi.png
Valery met the man's smile with one of her own and listened intently to what he had to say. Normally, a request for assistance would have been difficult to accept unless it seemed dire — she was already busier than she'd like. But when he mentioned a threat the Galaxy had chosen to ignore, her interest was piqued further.
"I have heard of you, Master Morg. Albeit not much because I've..." she shook her head lightly, choosing not to go into her whole backstory of being from another time. She also just disliked talking about herself. "It's a pleasure to meet you in person," she said to finish her sentence.
"As for your request, I am finding it more difficult these days to have time for even more work. But this seems quite important, and I doubt you of all people would have come all this way to ask me for something simplistic." she chuckled.
"So I'm all ears — what is this threat that requires our attention?"
n0m34qi.png

"A few months ago, around the time of the Maw's incursion on Coruscant, there was a raid on a planet near the Silver Jedi's border. A planet called Wayland - once a stronghold of the Sith Empire.", he said as his eyes turned to the floor - as though it would help him collect his thoughts.​
"Unmarked ships, masked Sith, soldiers carrying no marks opened a large underground vault full of ships and weapons and escaped with them before a proper fleet could be raised to stop them. I was there, fought to protect the people - but it wasn't enough. Thousand died that day, and the Sith escaped. I had some of my own Jedi attempt to track the ships, but after a few weeks we lost them."​
He shook his head then met her gaze once more;​
"I believe that despite the fall of the Sith Empire, they yet remain. Hidden, scattered, and gone. The New Jedi Order, The Silver Jedi, the New Imperial Order would prefer to bask in a victory celebrated early - that to even acknowledge their existence would besmirch the victory they worked so hard to achieve. I believe it is this very effort that will allow the Sith to return."​
"I would ask you to join me, Julius Sedaire Julius Sedaire , Allyson Locke Allyson Locke , and others in tracking this threat. In doing so, I hope we can become a symbol for the rest of the galaxy - help show that Jedi don't need armies to fight back the darkness, and to be an example for those still yet untrained. I've come to you for your experience in battle, your reputation, and hopefully in time - your friendship."​

n0m34qi.png
Valery remained completely silent while he spoke, and gave him her undivided attention. Before her meditative retreat, she had focused all her efforts against the Sith Empire, only to find out it had collapsed while she was away for some time. Despite this though, her eyes never truly shifted away from the vacuum they left behind.
"I see." she began when he finished and made his request.
"For quite some time now, I've tried to dedicate the time not spent on fighting the Maw to searching through former Sith Empire space, hoping to find anything that lingered so it could be purged. While I haven't discovered any hidden fleets or great attempts at making a return, I've found enough connections to the Sith Empire's past to be concerned."
"With the Brotherhood of the Maw being the big public thread to many at this moment, especially the GA, even less time and resources are allocated to look into the Sith Empire remnants as well. So, I would agree with your assessment — this can't be ignored."
Valery now offered him a confident smile.
"I would be happy to join you and the others for this new mission."
n0m34qi.png

Wyatt returned her smile, took a second to stop himself from reiterating further points and evidence, and eventually took the yes for a yes. The Jedi had thus far not been entirely sure anyone would choose to walk with him on this path - yet there were few who would deny him it would seem. He glanced to her ship, then back to her;​
"I travelled her with the Julius Sedaire Julius Sedaire I mentioned before. He has an Ang-tii ship we've been using - you're free to travel with us as you see fit, but I wouldn't ask you to leave your ship in any space port. I don't believe you've ever travelled to Peace, but it is a large space station once used as the headquarters of the Jedi Order."​
From a pouch on his hip, he grabbed a Jedi Wayfinder and handed it to her.​
"This will guide you there, should you wish to store it. There are apartments, dojos, droids and more for your convience. You're free to make of it as much or as little of a home as you'd like."​
"We'll soon meet to hunt down the Sith Lord Ashin Cardé Varanin Ashin Cardé Varanin . She's been free from the Jedi's justice for too long. When we do, I hope to see you there, Valery Noble Valery Noble . "​

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom