Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Public Jailbreak | Scum & Villainy

Crime Endures, Always

MOSHED-2024-1-15-15-44-7.jpg

Jailbreak

Undisclosed Asteroid Prison | Outer Rim
It was another flavorless meal that was being served within the mess hall.

For most prisoners here, this was the customary meal after a long day of sitting dormant in their cells. There was not much in terms of entertainment in the prison. Crooks and criminals from every corner of the galaxy were brought here to serve their sentences. It didn't matter if you were late on paying a parking ticket for your speeder or you went and blew up an orphanage on Coruscant, you were all treated the same here: with disrespect and lack of any basic rights. The guards were cruel in their enforcement. If you even glanced in the wrong direction, they would not hesitate to use force on you.

Well, the prisoners have had enough. There was word that a new group of prisoners would be joining their company in the next few minutes. They would be dropped off right in the middle of lunch, having the chance to get 'introduced' to their fellow inmates. But this would not be the case. In fact, a large group of prisoners here planned on breaking out using that very transport ship. Weeks had been spent gathering materials and resources needed for this escape. A man on the inside would trigger the emergency signal that the asteroid was going to collided with a smaller collection of rocks and ice. Once this alarm went off, they would only have a small window to get out of the prison. Otherwise, they could count their chance of seeing the outside world again goodbye.

All of the prisoners sat continued to eat in the mess hall, patiently waiting. Suddenly the doors hissed open, revealing the new group of convicts that would be joining them. But this introduction would be short lived. Yellow flashing lights started to flare up as sirens rang. Sings reading 'brace for impact' began to glow brightly. And, most importantly, the guards were beginning to panic.

Hello everyone! This is going to be a simple prison-break thread. Right now, all the guards are going to be distracted, so it is the perfect chance for your character to escape. Are you going to try and take over the transport ship? Are you going to break off from the group and find an escape pod? Are you going to take this time to beat up a guard you held a grudge against?

You can use this thread to explain where you character has been for the past for years, giving them a chance to see the light of day once again. I will be writing 1-2 of my characters in this thread, giving a little bit of direction, but this story is mostly for you to tell how your character escaped. Have fun!

X5Yx2PB.png

Center of the Mess Hall | Open to Interaction

The man raised his head from the plate of slop. Looks like his contact was right.

Standing up, Scourge dusted off his stained, orange uniform. His clothes had begun to develop an odd stench, partially due to him losing shower privileges for one month because he punched a guard that disrespected his family's name. While yes, the trooper was sure that his father would not be proud of where he was now, he knew he would bring honor to his family. That promise was made as Desarnte let out his final breath on Bastion. The New Imperial Order had guaranteed stability for him, his mother, and his brother after the death. In the first few years the agreement was held. But during the reformation into The Empire, and the eventual collapse of the government, he knew that the only people that could have his back was himself.

Looking around the mess hall, he watched as the whole place dove into a frenzy. Guards panicked as they prepared for the false impact of the facility. Prisoners began to make their way towards the nearest exit, or they simply just went and attacked the guards. Scourge elected to do the latter. Finding the nearest frightened guard, the trooper landed a quick one-two punch to the man's jaw, knocking him square to the ground. Picking up his blaster, Scourge offered no final words before blasting a hole through the scared man's chest. Less problems to deal with later.

Spinning around with precision, the man sighted two more guards rushing towards him, blaster drawn. Two volleys of bolts were released from his gun as the duo fell to the floor, similar to their partner. It was not long before the rest of the guards realized what was happening and made their way back to the mess hall, hoping to contain the chaos that had arose. But it was going to be too late.

Todblaz Graker

Makes me wish for a nuclear winter

Interacting With: Scourge Harz Scourge Harz

Todd had sat down to eat his meal, he had heard of the plan to break out and was going to avoid most of the fighting and slip out on an escape pod. His route had been planned and in the commotion he would jettison it to nearby coordinates that his ship would arrive to pick him up at a preplanned time.

The ruckus started quickly with the lights flashing and the guards in a panic. Todd extended his foot catching one guard who was running by. The man fell and hit his head against one of the tables, stunning him, but due to the guard's helmet there was no serious damage. This was until Todd reached down and pulled the blaster from the guard's holster and shot him in the back three times. Retrieving the man's identification card, he methodically searched for additional tools on the fallen body.

Another guard walked up and opened fire on Todd, prompting him to roll behind a nearby table for cover. Distracted by Todd, the guard didn't see the man in a jumpsuit rush forward and tackle him, thrusting a makeshift shiv into the unsuspecting victim's gut. Standing, Todd shot the prisoner and subsequently the guard.

Looking around he spotted a man take down two guards with a volley of fire. Running over Todd said, "Hey, I'm going to the escape pods, you want to join?"

Teräs Käsi was a deadly art - Masters could move with superhuman speed, strike with impossible strength, and perform feats of combat prowess that few non-force sensitives could ever dream of. Shin Jhicaro, for his lot in life, was a Teräs Käsi adept who had happened to kill a man with a punch to the face.

Not a legendary, armor shattering, Master of the Art kind of punch; more a normal, "Hey, you knocked over my beer!" kind of punch. It wasn't Shin's fault the guy had slipped on a Majumbi fruit peel and banged his head on a table; Or that the guy was so drunk that it interfered with the trauma meds; Or the fact the guy had a bacta allergy. I mean seriously, how much bad luck can you have in a row?

But, you try telling that to a jury who only sees a malcontent and undesirable. So, here he was, stuck who knows where, wearing heavy magnacuffs meant for unusually strong and burly prisoners. When activated, the cuffs would snap together and magnatomically bond, or worse, go streaking to the floor.

Funny thing about Teräs Käsi, or muscles in general really; you needed leverage and momentum to generate real strength. You know, a little give where you can maximize energy potential. With how tight the cuffs where, and how strong they magnetized, there was very little give. No give, no strength, no muscles.

So, stuck with no escape, Shin tried to make the best of it. Made some friends - he got along real well with a solid black Wookie called Fang the Furious. Shin almost believed the guy when he said he hadn't eaten all those Jawas. Shin was also the local divot dice champion; you may ask how, given the cuffs - the secret is to spit the dice with your mouth.

Then, like a flash, it all changed. The new batch of prisoners showed up - Shin didn't really wanna find out where the old batches went - and all karking hell broke loose. Prisoners leapt on guards, shivs got shoved, blasters were fired, and Shin could only stare as Fang the Furious ripped a guard's arm off and proceeded to eat it.

"Fang! No! Don't relapse - you were doing so good!" Further quips were cutoff, as Shin's cuffs activated - yanking him backwards towards a security post by his wrists. Across the ground, over bodies, through a puddle of blood - Shin traveled with some speed until his magnacuffs made contact with the post. "Oh, yes, I need magnacuffs but Fang the Freaking Cannibal doesn't." He spied several prisoners - Convicts? Escapees? - and called out to them. "Hey! You, with the ID card! Lemme out. I, uh, totally know where the escape pods are!"

Todblaz Graker Todblaz Graker , Scourge Harz Scourge Harz

X5Yx2PB.png

Center of the Mess Hall | Todblaz Graker Todblaz Graker | Shin Jhicaro Shin Jhicaro

Scourge turned to meet the fellow prisoner.

His blaster rifle still remained raised in defense. But once he realized there was no current threat, he lowered it slightly. Madness still broke out around them as more guards started to pour into the mess hall. It seems like the time for their distraction was quickly passing. Their only hope was to blast their way out of here. While the trooper would have much rather make his way to the main transport ship, an escape pod did sound like a better idea. Scanning around, he located the quickest path out of the room and towards freedom.

"Fine. But follow me, and do not fall behind. We are on a tight schedule."

Not saying another word, Scourge turned around blast a whole in the chest of a charging guard. Prisoners were now getting on their knees in surrender, opting to deal with the judgement of the guards than face death. The trooper would not show such cowardness. Waving along the newcomer, he sprinted up a nearby staircase that led to a row of cells. The door at the end of the path should lead them to the kitchen, which would give them access to the ventilation shafts. They get into those, and they were home free. It all seemed like the plan was working perfectly, but that was until he heard a cry from one of the cells.

Slowing his stride, he saw the man cuffed to the wall. He claimed to know where the escape pods were, but so did Scourge. Right now was not the time for sympathy. If the two of them wanted to escape with their lives, they needed to go. The trooper just hoped there was no doubt in the prisoner's mind on what the right decision was in terms of leaving this inmate behind.

"Leave him. He will only slow us down."

Heartless, but it was what they needed in this galaxy.

Todblaz Graker

Interacting With: Scourge Harz Scourge Harz | Shin Jhicaro Shin Jhicaro

When Todd saw the blaster pointed at him he instinctually started to pull his own up, but stopped himself before he could get it level with the other prisoner's chest. "Lead the way my friend."

Todd had an idea where the pods were but didn't actually know, so if this man could lead him to them it would be of great benefit to his goal and speed up his escape.

He stopped when he spied the man on the wall, turning to listen to his companion. The man made a sensible decision as they didn't have time to actively save anyone, but Todd decided there was some action that could be taken. Stopping for a second he lined up his sights and attempted to shoot and damage the man's cuffs to set him free.

Sprinting to catch up to his accomplice, Todd didn't see if the shot hit its intended target. "One more body between us and the guards if I was accurate." He said.

The trooper just hoped there was no doubt in the prisoner's mind on what the right decision was in terms of leaving this inmate behind.

"Leave him. He will only slow us down."

Heartless, but it was what they needed in this galaxy.

Shin smiled broadly; a smile that didn't quite reach the eyes. The man's stance, the clipped tones, the way his eyes scanned the room. Soldier. No doubt about it. Shin shrugged - an uncomfortable motion against the post. The soldier was technically right; but Shin personally found it a little presumptuous of him. "Hope you don't die! You seem swell!" Shin shouted after the man, sarcastically.

Something a little more pressing caught Shin's attention, then. A large black Wookie who was eyeing Shin from across the room. Shin stared at him, blinking, then flashed a smile. "Hey buddy! You look...uh...full?" The Wookie only licked his lips in response, throwing the de-fleshed arm of some unfortunate humanoid to the side. Slowly, he advanced towards Shin. "WHOAH. Hey, buddy! I'm not a porkchop."

The Wookie advanced closer and closer, and Shin wiggled against the cuffs. It was no use, however. There was no give, the cuffs solidly adhering to the metallic post as sure as if it were welded. The Wookie loomed, and Shin raised its head to look into the creature's red bloodshot eyes. "...Do me a favor? Since we were friends? As close to friends as someone can get in this place." The Wookie paused as it unsheathed its claws, cocking its head at Shin. "Go for the throat. Make it quick." The Wookie thought about it for a second, before shrugging noncommittally in agreement. "Guess that will have to do." Shin muttered, closing his eyes and raising his head. He waited for the stroke to fall.

He stopped when he spied the man on the wall, turning to listen to his companion. The man made a sensible decision as they didn't have time to actively save anyone, but Todd decided there was some action that could be taken. Stopping for a second he lined up his sights and attempted to shoot and damage the man's cuffs to set him free.

Sprinting to catch up to his accomplice, Todd didn't see if the shot hit its intended target. "One more body between us and the guards if I was accurate." He said.

Shin didn't see the shot, but he heard the blaster fire, and he felt his cuffs release. Shin's eyes flew open, and all he could see was the Wookie looming over him, already swinging his claws towards Shin's throat.

He moved without thinking.

"Shell of the Shiro." Shin crouched, slid his dominant foot forward, and spun in a single fluid motion and lashed with an arm. As he spun he stepped to the side of the Wookie's strike, his lashing arm connecting against the wookies mammoth arm. Shin kept contact with the arm, continuing his momentum, redirecting the Wookie's slash.

"GRAAAAAAAAAHG!" The Wookie screamed as its fist, nudged just a few centimeters, crunched into the post, the claws snapping, the finger bones breaking.

"Striking Sarlacc." Shin's fists struck like piston, raining a series of heavy blows against the Wookie, the sound reminiscent of a hammer hitting a slab of meat repeatedly. Solar plexus. Groin. Throat. Shin couldn't compete with the Wookie's strength - not at his current mastery in Teräs Käsi - but he could compensate by striking efficiently and precisely.

The Wookie reeled backward, sinking to one knee as it groaned in pain. "GRAGH!"

"Gronda Stomp." Shin spun, gaining momentum, then somersaulted towards the Wookie. As he did so, he brought his left leg out in a downward kick, connecting with the Wookie's neck. There was a crunch, the Wookie's eyes rolled back into its head, and then it crumpled into a heap - quite dead.

The entire affair had maybe taken three or four seconds, and those near Shin, guard and prisoner alike, nervously shied away from him. Shin stared at them, his arms wide. "I mean, you just saw him try to eat me, right?"

Scourge Harz Scourge Harz Todblaz Graker Todblaz Graker
Hey guys, got super sick with the Flu. If I'm slow, just plug along without me! :D

Vismaya ran out of the prison storage room to find that chaos had erupted. Everywhere she looked, there were guards and prisoners fighting, blasters shoots wilding and fist flying as inmates settled their old grudges. The alarms were blaring loudly, accompanied by flashing red lights which danced across her fashionable crystal studded outfit, which she had replaced her ugly orange jumpsuit with in the storage room.

"Kriff's sake!" Vismaya swore, taking in the sight before her. "They started without me!"

She had been planning her escape alongside the other prisoners for months. She may have only been there for a year, but the theelin had no intention of staying in this dump for her full twenty year sentence. So, she had set up a neat little five step scheme - seduce a guard, learn the prison layout through him, grab her stuff from the storage room right before the action started, and come back just in time to take advantage of the chaos and slip away to an escape pod. Step one, two and three had gone well, after all, it wasn't hard to find lonely guards in this place. It was all too easy to trap one in her web, and once he was thoroughly entangled, she simply used her charisma - something she prided herself on - to find out the layout of the prison. Once she'd gotten what she needed from him, then all she had to do was steal his keys and grab her stuff from storage. It was too easy.

Step four wasn't going to be so easy, however. She'd come back too late, and already the guards were beginning to regain control of the inmates. She needed to get out, and fast, but Vismaya would need some muscle to get her through to the escape pods. She glanced around and looked for a suitable candidate. That trooper? No, he was moving too fast, and didn't look like the type to pick up strays. The wookie? Vismaya watched him try to eat a man and winced. Definitely not.

The man he was fighting seemed promising, though. The theelin watched appreciatively as Shin Jhicaro Shin Jhicaro fought off the rabid alien with his bare hands, clearing an area around him as guards and prisoners alike cowered away in fear. With those skills, he would be perfect.

Shin stared at them, his arms wide. "I mean, you just saw him try to eat me, right?"

"Oh yes, I saw everything," Vismaya replied, walking up to him and giving him her characteristic winning smile. "I've never seen anyone fight like that, your talent is truly unrivalled. But even so, I'll bet you aren't bulletproof. Now, if only there was a nice girl with a rifle who could cover your back as she leads you to the escape pods."

The theelin gave him a wink as in her peripheral vision, a guard lunged towards her. Not breaking eye contact with the man before her, Vismaya drew her rifle and shot the guard in the head. He fell forward and collapsed at her feet, and she smirked.

"Oh, wait a minute! I'm a girl with a rifle and an intricate knowledge of the prison's layout! What a fantastic coincidence!" Vismaya smiled, kicking away the body of the guard. "How about we join forces then, Mr...?"

Sorry to hear you aren't feeling well. I'll be here once you recover :)

Crime Endures, Always

Commotion had erupted.

The whole mess hall was now in a frenzy. Guards and prisoners alike laid dead on the floor, their blood starting to dry against the cold tile. In the background the alarm still blared. Not for the false collision warning, but for the riot that continued. Slowly guards began to pour into the area, trying to take control of the situation. But it would not be enough. The prisoners were too powerful.

That is why the guards resorted to Plan B.

A collective sound of bolts unlocking signified a change in the situation. Suddenly, all the hydraulic doors leading into the mess hall began to lower. In one minute, the doors would be fully shut, locking everyone in - or out - of the mess hall. For those prisoners that wanted to escape, they would need to hurry. Otherwise, they could say goodbye to the outside world forever.

X5Yx2PB.png

Upper Level of the Mess Hall

Todblaz Graker Todblaz Graker | Shin Jhicaro Shin Jhicaro | Vismaya Kristel Vismaya Kristel

Not slowing his pace to see if the prisoner he was with freed the man, Scourge moved forward towards the kitchen.

The plan seemed to be going smoothly until the sounds of the hydraulics releasing echoed down the walkway. Slowly the large Durasteel doors began to lower from the ceiling, beginning to shut off the mess hall from the rest of the facility. Scourge estimated another forty-five seconds before they were locked out. Quickening his stride, the trooper made a mad dash for the door, sliding on the ground to avoid hitting the top of the door.

Once through to the other side, Scourge fired his blaster twice, taking out an unsuspecting guard that was on his way to the mess hall. The guard fell to the floor with a thump. Looking back through the doorway, he saw the other prisoner sprinting along the path as well.

"Hurry!"

Grabbing the guard by his legs, Scrouge pulled the body aside, clearing the floor so the man could slide through. It was going to be close. In the meantime, the trooper quickly stole various items from the guard's body, including a blaster pistol, a flashlight, and a radio. These would help the duo out nicely. But that was all if the other prisoner made it through. Time was of the essence, and right now they could not afford anything slowing them down.

Nej had been in some bad spots in his life.

Bad spots usually ended up in bad places, and bad places usually ended up with bad stories. Case and point: Nej, currently sitting in a prison with admittedly "okay" food. Food, that was of course, relegated to slop, and then different slop once and a while. But, it was edible, and didn't taste too bad. Meal time and yard time is where Nej made deals, smokes for this, this for that, news and information. Credits were hard to come by, but chocolate and fruit? That he could weasel in. A bad guard or a careless worker, or someone looking to make a buck? Care packages?

Things came in and out of prisons easily.

Then, all hell broke loose, and Nej's idea of breaking out later nice and quiet like went up in smoke. Or rather, bolts. He ducked, as guards smacked at him and his prison brethren (and more importantly) customers, with batons, bolts, bats, and generally anything that shot you or hit you.

Rather bad place to be.

Even worse place to be?

A giant room that was going to have the doors shut on you.

Nej had to think fast. Real fast. But that was what he was good at. Thinking fast, moving fast, talking fast, shooting fast- just not so much consequences. He gathered up a few strong types, and bolted to the tables on the floor. That, coincidently, were also bolted to the floor. The jumpsuit wearing crew of mighty idiots lifted the table, straining the metal and eventually the torque gave out on the old table, and the many charged the few, heading to the closing door....

And slid it underneath it's path.

Nej looked at everyone who might've wanted to go, or those who wanted to risk their chances and stay. Nej knew that whatever happened to the station or prison, anyone who stayed when they took it back over, or worse, when they abandoned it... wasn't going to be something he wanted to do.

He motioned a few prisoners through, beckoning them through the door, shouting for those that wanted to go, to come quickly. Their door was quite literally shutting forever. The window of opportunity, in this case, was a hydraulic door that wasn't on anyone's side.

Todblaz Graker

Interacting With: Scourge Harz Scourge Harz | Shin Jhicaro Shin Jhicaro | Vismaya Kristel Vismaya Kristel

Todd watched as the door began to close, listening to the sounds of blaster shots on the other side he increased speed. As the door got closer to the ground Todd could see his acquaintance moving a body. Going for a slide, he flattened his back to the ground, the force causing a friction burn on his neck.

As the door shut, he wasted no time, promptly dispatching a new guard who had entered the room. Catching his breath, he managed a chuckle between deep breaths, "So... where... to next... boss."

After a moment's respite, Todd straightened his back, took a final deep breath, and approached the fallen guard. The man had a superior blaster compared to the one Todd had initially stolen. Upon closer inspection, Todd discovered an officer emblem on the man's chest, partly singed from the shot. Extracting the man's ID, Todd realized it had upgraded their access to additional areas. He flashed it to his partner saying, "Officer's access."

"Oh yes, I saw everything . . . I've never seen anyone fight like that, your talent is truly unrivalled. But even so, I'll bet you aren't bulletproof. Now, if only there was a nice girl with a rifle who could cover your back as she leads you to the escape pods. . .How about we join forces then, Mr...?"

"Shin. Just Shin." He looked to the side, at the smoking hole in the sentient's head, then shrugged. "I wouldn't know about unrivaled. My master, though - now he was blasterproof." Shin almost flinched at the thought of that cruel man, and his harsh - arguably cruel - training. It was undeniable, though, that without the pitiless old man's tutelage that he'd be dead. Or worse.

Shin, despite his seemingly flippant attitude, which was often construed as friendly, wasn't exactly one for teams - teams led to organizations, organizations led to governments, and governments led to your planet getting blown up. Then again, anyone sent to this hellhole wasn't exactly an upstanding member of society; by definition, someone the galaxy at large didn't want around. So...

"Sure. Alright. But let's keep it on a first name basis. People don't tend to live long around me. Best not get attached." He took in the woman at a glance - an alien, by the looks of it, though Shin wasn't familiar with the species. Seemed to be one of those "I look like a human, but I'm another color" type of near-humans. The Mirialans and Pantorans came to mind. She seemed young, but her confidence in the situation led him to believe this wasn't her first rodeo. So...troublemaker. Great.

A collective sound of bolts unlocking signified a change in the situation. Suddenly, all the hydraulic doors leading into the mess hall began to lower. In one minute, the doors would be fully shut, locking everyone in - or out - of the mess hall. For those prisoners that wanted to escape, they would need to hurry. Otherwise, they could say goodbye to the outside world forever.
Nej had to think fast. Real fast. But that was what he was good at. Thinking fast, moving fast, talking fast, shooting fast- just not so much consequences. He gathered up a few strong types, and bolted to the tables on the floor. That, coincidently, were also bolted to the floor. The jumpsuit wearing crew of mighty idiots lifted the table, straining the metal and eventually the torque gave out on the old table, and the many charged the few, heading to the closing door....

And slid it underneath it's path.

"Time to go." Prisoners were crowding around the stalled door - but it was a heavy blast door, and from the creaking of the metal table Shin figured it would only buy a few seconds of extra time. Shin ran up to the crowd, pulling a smaller prisoner off and throwing him backward before laying hands on one of the larger meatheads that helped rip the table off.

"HEY! I'LL RIP YOUR HEAD OFF YOU LITTLE RUNT! - OHHHHhhhhhh -" Began the hulking human, red-faced and sweating - but he trailed off weakly as Shin jabbed two fingers deep into the man's shoulder and squeezed, the nerve pinch serving to make the human's eyes roll back into his head, and for his body to unceremoniously fall to the ground, quite unconscious.

"There we go....sleepy-time big guy." Muttered Shin as he lowered the human to the ground. Rising, Shin brandished his fists, taking up a defensive stance. "Anybody else need to go night-night and miss their chance to escape?" Once again, prisoners gave him a wide berth, and he gestured to his new companion. "Hurry. Before they get brave again."

Vismaya Kristel Vismaya Kristel The Collective The Collective Nej Tane Nej Tane

Thanks for the patience! Flu turned out to be COVID, so that was fun. I'm happy to keep threading if anyone else is.

"Shin. Just Shin." He looked to the side, at the smoking hole in the sentient's head, then shrugged. "I wouldn't know about unrivaled. My master, though - now he was blasterproof."

"Sure. Alright. But let's keep it on a first name basis. People don't tend to live long around me. Best not get attached."

"Fine by me, Shin," Vismaya replied, smiling. "And don't worry, I can handle myself. I'm Vismaya, but you can call me Vis, or Vee, but not Maya. Never Maya."

Her smile faded somewhat as a shadow passed over her face. Never Maya, because Maya was too similar to Maia. And Maia was someone who she would prefer to forget, someone who belonged to a time she'd rather forget, in a place she'd rather forget.

"Time to go." Prisoners were crowding around the stalled door - but it was a heavy blast door, and from the creaking of the metal table Shin figured it would only buy a few seconds of extra time. Shin ran up to the crowd, pulling a smaller prisoner off and throwing him backward before laying hands on one of the larger meatheads that helped rip the table off.

"HEY! I'LL RIP YOUR HEAD OFF YOU LITTLE RUNT! - OHHHHhhhhhh -" Began the hulking human, red-faced and sweating - but he trailed off weakly as Shin jabbed two fingers deep into the man's shoulder and squeezed, the nerve pinch serving to make the human's eyes roll back into his head, and for his body to unceremoniously fall to the ground, quite unconscious.

"There we go....sleepy-time big guy." Muttered Shin as he lowered the human to the ground. Rising, Shin brandished his fists, taking up a defensive stance. "Anybody else need to go night-night and miss their chance to escape?"

Vismaya shook herself out of her thoughts and followed Shin to the door. She smirked as he cleared a path for them again with his impressive martial arts skills. Yes, this was definitely the right decision, it was as if she was playing Sabaac, and had picked up a winning card. Now, all she had to do was play her cards right, and she would be a free bird again.

"Hurry. Before they get brave again."

"Of course. Brilliant work by the way," Vismaya replied, slipping through the door. As soon as Shin was through as well, she gestured for him to follow her as she began to walk forward. "Alright. In a few seconds we'll get to a fork in the passageway. We'll take the right one, but chances are there'll be some trouble, becuase it leads not only to the escape pods but also to the officer's quarters."

The Theelin took a moment to check her rifle, making sure it was fully loaded. "Fact is, this game has only just begun. Are you ready to play, Shin?"

Shin Jhicaro Shin Jhicaro The Collective The Collective

Glad to see you're back! I am very happy to keep threading.

"Fine by me, Shin," Vismaya replied, smiling. "And don't worry, I can handle myself. I'm Vismaya, but you can call me Vis, or Vee, but not Maya. Never Maya."

"Vismaya it is then." Shin cocked his head at the woman, sensing that there was something of a story there. He left it well enough alone - stars knew he had more than a few of his own hangups.

"Alright. In a few seconds we'll get to a fork in the passageway. We'll take the right one, but chances are there'll be some trouble, becuase it leads not only to the escape pods but also to the officer's quarters."

"Of course it does." Muttered Shin dryly. "I can take about four at a time singlehandedly, six if they just have stun batons. You'll have to deal with overflow." As they ran down the corridor, the sound of other prisoners yelling behind them - more than a few squeezed through the blast door before it ground the table into the deck plating - it occurred to Shin that they would at least have some backup. Then again, that also translated to competition for the last of the pods.

The Theelin took a moment to check her rifle, making sure it was fully loaded. "Fact is, this game has only just begun. Are you ready to play, Shin?"

Shin lurched at the unexpected phrase, stumbling over his feet.

"Are you ready to play, Shin?" The wizened old master lounged on the ground, pouring a small portion of Chav wine into a small dish, stroking his long white beard as he did so. Before him, two tall trees rose into the air, a long plank of wood stretching between them. Two adult men stood on this plank, one at each end; well muscled, they wore tunics that bared their arms - each held an energy pike, the tips crackling with electricity. Between them, a child of about eight took an offensive stance; small but fierce, his gaze was steady, unflinching from his two larger combatants. "Kaishi! Begin!"

Shin caught his balance, righting himself, and to look at Vismaya - slightly pale. He cleared his throat after a half-second, feeling more than a little stupid. "Yes. Let's begin. Lead the way."

Vismaya Kristel Vismaya Kristel

"Of course it does." Muttered Shin dryly. "I can take about four at a time singlehandedly, six if they just have stun batons. You'll have to deal with overflow."

"That won't be a problem," Vismaya grinned. "Especially if you can take on four to six singlehandedly, then this should be a lot easier than originally planned."

Shin lurched at the unexpected phrase, stumbling over his feet.

Shin caught his balance, righting himself, and to look at Vismaya - slightly pale. He cleared his throat after a half-second, feeling more than a little stupid. "Yes. Let's begin. Lead the way."

This time, it was Vismaya's turn to cock her head curiously at her companion. Was he not a fan of her gambling metaphors? Or perhaps what she said reminded him of a checkered past that he'd rather forget. She knew about those, and knew not to push. So she just nodded and continued to lead Shin onwards.

The duo soon came upon the fork in the tunnel. Vismaya poked her head into the passageway only to quickly duck her head back in as a storm of blaster bolts flew by.
"Trouble as expected," she sighed, taking out her rifle and shooting three shots back. Two of them went wide - Vismaya inwardly cursed her lack of visibility - but she heard a cry that told her the third blaster bolt had hit its mark. "Well, at least one of them is wounded now. Let's treat his friends to the same fate."

Shin Jhicaro Shin Jhicaro The Collective The Collective

Vismaya poked her head out, and Shin almost yanked her backward as a veritable hail of blasterbolts came down the hallway in response. The woman was committed, though, leaning back around to fire her rifle - hitting her mark on the third bolt. "No offense, but I kind of wish you were a super-soldier." Remarked Shin dryly. Peeking around the corner, he whipped his head back around as a bolt sparked not half a meter away from his face. It looked to be a line of security officers wielding blast shields and rifles. "Hold them off for a second - I have to prepare."

Leaning back against the wall, Shin closed his eyes, fighting to enter the meditative state that would allow him to push his body far past its limits. Teräs Käsi taught complete and total mastery of the self - to the point that it could push the physical body to supernatural limits. The trick was, as an adept, Shin couldn't just pop in and out of that state with ease, let alone stay in the state perpetually as was the ability of Masters.

His eyes closed, he used the tidal breathing techniques drilled into him, deep breaths in and out, the world falling away. He pushed his awareness to the center of his mind; his heart-rate rose, the extra oxygen suffusing his muscles, increasing strength, broadening perception. Teräs Käsi was as much state-of-mind as it was martial art, and even as he felt his awareness of his own body deepen, he struggled to block out the blaster bolts and shouts of guards. Nevertheless, he drove the sounds to the edge of awareness, meditation deepening, until, finally, he was ready.

Shin moved, and moved in such a fashion that could only be described as Jedi-like. Rolling into the hallway, he used his momentum to spin into a flat spin on the horizontal, presenting as small a target as possible. When he hit the wall, he transferred his momentum upward and forward, legs a blur, literally running on the wall for a good second or two. This transitioned into a forward flip, over the wall of blast shields, into a crouch behind the firing line.

"Steel Hands." Shin rose and struck upward in an uppercut, his right hand shattering the jawline of one of the trooper's helmets, plastoid shards scattering across the ground. "Death Weave." Arms blurred, legs blurred, Shin spun rapidly; a fist struck a guard's chest, and there was a sickening crack of armor and bone; a leg lashed out, and another guard's head wrenched to the side, neck broken.

There was pandemonium. Then, where was silence.

Shin didn't know how many he had killed, or how many Vismaya killed, only that the totality of the Guards were very, very dead. Exhaling, a great effort seemed to seep out of Shin, and he stumbled slightly. Lifting his right hand, he grimaced at the ugly purple bruises that were forming on it - though, curiously, not his other hand. "I...don't think I did Steel Hands right. Pretty sure I broke it."

Vismaya Kristel Vismaya Kristel

Nej pivoted on his foot, driving his elbow into one of the guards faces, cracking his visor, before he turned and suplexed him by his belt into the floor. While dealing with one guard, Nej caught a glimpse of one of their fellow prisoners... going through about ten of them. By himself.

"Woah."

He remarked to himself, before walking over to the prisoner that had tore through the guards. Nej looked at his hands, before wrapping his arm around the guy, dragging him along, noticing how far he had pushed himself.

"Come on hotshot, we gotta jet. We ain't leaving you behind now!"

Nej picked up two blasters, one for each hand. Nej was a hell of a shot, a gunslinger by trade and by experience. There weren't a lot of people in the galaxy that practiced with two blasters much anymore. Just to pickup two as confidently as he did showed his skill without much alone.

"Alright, so. Next step in our great escape plan is getting a ship, yeah? I can fly it."

He knew there'd be more guards- and potentially backup, if he knew anything about prisons, on the way. Shift change meant hundreds, dozens of guards coming off-site, or vice versa. Hopefully they picked a good time to not have to deal with that.

Or, they were all terribly unlucky and picked a really bad time to do a breakout.

"Alright, we gotta get into the maintenance corridors and off the main drag, or get skipping to the hangar ASAP. Either way works, just one is probably filled with less guards."

Shin Jhicaro Shin Jhicaro l Vismaya Kristel Vismaya Kristel

"No offense, but I kind of wish you were a super-soldier." Remarked Shin dryly. Peeking around the corner, he whipped his head back around as a bolt sparked not half a meter away from his face. It looked to be a line of security officers wielding blast shields and rifles. "Hold them off for a second - I have to prepare."

"Oh, but that would make it too easy, and where's the fun in that?" Vismaya joked back, poking her head around the wall just long enough to spy another officer. She let loose a blaster bolt aimed at his heart, and as she ducked back behind cover, she heard him scream in pain. Shin spoke then - something about needing to prepare. "Yeah, yeah, just don't take too long - brilliant as I am, I'm still outgunned here."

Vismaya continued shooting until her teammate flew in with extraordinary speed. Vismaya wondered briefly if he was one of the Jedi her father used to tell her stories about, but dismissed the thought. If he was a Jedi, he would have used the force by now, and good people like Jedi didn't end up in places like this.
Vismaya switched from her rifle to her handgun, and rushed in. Shin had somehow gotten behind enemy lines, so Vismaya was not noticed by the guards until it was too late. Her blaster made quick work of the ones Shin hadn't yet killed.

Shin didn't know how many he had killed, or how many Vismaya killed, only that the totality of the Guards were very, very dead. Exhaling, a great effort seemed to seep out of Shin, and he stumbled slightly. Lifting his right hand, he grimaced at the ugly purple bruises that were forming on it - though, curiously, not his other hand. "I...don't think I did Steel Hands right. Pretty sure I broke it."

Eventually, the two were surrounded by corpses. Vismaya began to pick at them, as was her habit, but it didn't seem like they had anything useful for her to salvage. The best she got was a couple of credits. The theelin nearly dropped them when she heard Shin's words.

"You broke your hand?!" She exclaimed, rushing over. "But those hands are valuable! We need them to get out of here!"

This was a disaster. Vismaya glanced down the corridor - more guards would show up along their route soon enough. Without Shin, Vismaya knew she probably wouldn't make it out of that fight unscathed. What now?

Nej looked at his hands, before wrapping his arm around the guy, dragging him along, noticing how far he had pushed himself.

"Come on hotshot, we gotta jet. We ain't leaving you behind now!"

At that moment, a new guy came barreling in, unannounced, and swept up Shin. Vismaya hurried to catch up. "Hey! Who are you? What do you think you're doing? Do you even know where you're going?"

Shin may have broken his hand, but he was still useful. If this blonde prick thought he could steal her muscle and leave her stranded, he was about to get a nasty shock.

"Alright, so. Next step in our great escape plan is getting a ship, yeah? I can fly it."

"Alright, we gotta get into the maintenance corridors and off the main drag, or get skipping to the hangar ASAP. Either way works, just one is probably filled with less guards."

"Who died and made you king?" Vismaya muttered grumpily. A pilot, huh? Did escape pods need pilots? She wasn't sure. Well, either way she couldn't fly, so at least he had some use. She listened as he talked about their escape route, and rolled her eyes. "Yeah, obviously we are trying to avoid gaurds, but the maintenance corridors take longer and some get closed in emergencies. I know this place inside out. So don't think for one second that you can replace me."

The theelin crossed her arms over her chest, glaring at the new arrival.

Shin Jhicaro Shin Jhicaro (and welcome Nej Tane Nej Tane ! Vismaya may not like you much but I'm thrilled to have you here!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom