Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

It's Your Fault that I Don't Sleep Anymore {Circe}

Okay. I can do this. It's just a little, easy task... Hopefully. "Hello mam, what can I do for you today?" The desk's attendant asked, faking a smile. I was quick to respond. Perhaps to quick... Part of me worried I was coming off as to energetic, possibly even annoying. Feth. "We're here to get a business permit set up, along with purchasing some land to set a factory up." Quietly the man nodded before logging into a nearby terminal. A few moments he spoke again, not even bothering to look up. "I'll need your names, type of business, a few products you plan on selling, and how much land you want to purchase. Then you'll have to fill out some paperwork on the datapad we'll provide." How was it paperwork if it wasn't actually paper?... Oh, never mind. It was time for Circe to work her not-so-magic-magic.
@[member="Circe Savan"]

In Umbris Potestas Est
Vanessa Seele and Circe Savan. Our business is Subach-Innes, a military manufacturing company. We intend to sell fighters, bombers, weapons, armor, and droids, as well as smaller starships. We desire to purchase however much land you are willing to give us for factories.

Seemed simple enough.

@[member="Vanessa Nacht Seele"]

The information whispered into my mind was simple enough to remember. But to hear her voice and know no one else could... sent a small chill down my spine. It was a strange thing. "Vanessa Seele and Circe Savan, here to represent Subach-Innes, a military manufacturing company. We intend to produce and sell fighters, bombers, weapons, armor, droids, and some smaller starships as well. However much land you are willing to sell, we are willing to purchase. Of course, Morgania will be allowed to look over our products, including new ones once they are completed. " The man nodded nonchalantly, not really seeming to care. Quickly his fingers typed in the given information, moving quite fast for a human. Soon he was done and clicked a button, apparently uploading information unto a datapad, which he then handed to us. "Just basic information. Include various ways to contact either of you. Once that's done head into the door on the right. Someone back there will help you on picking a location for your land. Have a nice day." I don't think I've ever heard someone say the word 'nice' so... not nicely. Weird.
@[member="Circe Savan"]

In Umbris Potestas Est
Circe smiled, quickly filling out all the necessary information as she worked astutely to move forward with regards to the transaction. Now that wasn't so hard... You're an excellent mouthpiece, darling. Circe gave a soft grin as she considered the circumstances of what was going on. "So, shall we get those factories setup?"

She was so close...

My lips curled up into a delicate smile at her words. It was nice to be appreciated. Heaven knows I didn't get that back at the asylum. "We shall. With your business sense and my Morganian charm, anything is possible." The genuine smile that graced my features after that was enough to make even your typical anti-hero get flushed. Not to be egoistical or anything... Ahem. Slowly we turned and headed into the next room so we could purchase the necessary land. To my surprise the room was quite large. Paintings lined the walls while elaborately detailed columns held up the roof. A few statues of historical figures could be seen here and there. Either side of the room had various desks, each with a lad or lassy behind them. Signs indicated which station was for what. Some were for new home owners, others for farmers, I think one was for couples wanting to get married, and then there was one for the purpose of buying land for factories. Apparently this building had more uses than we had originally thought.
Heading over to the appropriate desk I tapped the counter gently. The resulting sound was just enough to get the girl (also a Morganian) to look up. "Well hello there! How may I help you ladies today?" She asked, actually sounding like she meant it. This would be a far better experience than the one we had with the man from before. "We'd like to purchase some land to build a few factories for Subach-Innes. How much land is available?" With that I handed over the datapad, making sure she could authenticate our information and all that. "We've got more than we know what to do with! How many acres were you thinking of getting? There are several hundred we've got saved for companies, along with some extra that the higher-ups are thinking 'bout selling." For this I turned to Circe, thinking it would be best she answered this one.
@[member="Circe Savan"]

In Umbris Potestas Est

"All the land you're willing to give us. We'll construct as many factories as we can on the available land in order to get back to work." Circe smiled, an arm draped loosely over Vanessa's shoulder. The young woman was proving to be an exceptional businessperson.

"You know, Vanessa, I might have to hire you full time."

With a smile the Morganian woman typed away at her terminal, humming softly as she did. After a moment she looked up at the two of us and handed me a datapad. "If the two of you will sign this, we'll be good. I can't give you all the land, we do have to save some for the other companies, of course, but there's plenty to be bought!" Nodding I used the stylus to sign my name before handing it to Circe for her to do the same. Once that was done I handed the device back. "I can arrange a tour of the land if you want. Oh, and, well, if you don't mind me asking Miss. Seele, are you a Morganian as well?" The question was a little surprising. But I had a feeling I knew what it was about. My initial response was just a little nod. "I noticed you don't have any of the traditional tattoos. That's fine, of course. It's an older tradition, and many family's have stopped doing it. But if you're interested, there's a place not far from here that does them. If you're interested, of course. Is there anything else you ladies need?" Huh... I knew about the markings, but I had never really considered getting them myself. This would take a bit of thought.
Turning to my redheaded friend I waited to see if there was anything else she wanted to ask while we were here.
@[member="Circe Savan"]

In Umbris Potestas Est
"I'd say not. Thank you for being so exceptionally helpful!" Circe smiled. Signing the document, she and Vanessa would soon leave the place. Tryton-class cargo haulers were already on their way, carrying cargo containers-turned-factories that would immediately begin the production of droids, armor, starfighters, etcetera. The facilities would soon be prepared for use.

"We did it, Vanessa."

"We did, didn't we? Now there's just one last thing to do here... Well, maybe two. First, you have to taste some of the wine. Second, we should at least see a little more about the tattoos. It would be nice to learn a little more about my culture, ya know?" With that I smiled, pulled Circe into a celebratory hug, and took a deep breath. Things were going well. It was so nice... I didn't want things to ever change.
@[member="Circe Savan"]

In Umbris Potestas Est
"Drinks are on me. Well, unless your world just so happens to be an all-you-can-drink planet. No ill will of course for them crushing grapes up for wine - they aren't sentient after all." She smiled. "I never have been one for tattoos. Issue with them is that once you get them, they are very hard to remove. Not to mention that you can be identified by them." She raised an eyebrow.

"You seem so eager to get them, though."

I was pretty glad that Circe was willing to pay for the drinks. Partially because I don't really have any money besides what she lends me. So either way she would be paying, to be technical. "You drink 'til you drop here. Though I'll have to be careful. Morganians are very likely to become alcoholic. Wouldn't be a good habit for me to pick up. And is it even possible for a plant to get a tattoo?" I teased with a little grin. Having a plant for a best friend was no fun unless you could occasionally joke with them about it. "I'm... thinking about it. If I do end up getting them, I won't do the entire thing. Just enough to let the galaxy know that I'm proud of my heritage. Because being a space elf is pretty fraking cool." There was no denying that.
@[member="Circe Savan"]

In Umbris Potestas Est
"But you're already amazing just the way you are. Why try to enhance your situation? It's not exactly what I'd consider to be the best recourse of action." Smiling, Circe purchased a helluva lot of drinks for herself and Vanessa as the two of them moved to celebrate their success with regards to good business.

If she only knew the results of what was going on...

@[member="Tai'ko Vin the Dreamer"]

"There's nothing wrong with trying to make myself even better, is there? Plus, you're not my mum. I can get a tattoo if I want," I teased, grinning awkwardly. To ease my slight discomfort (having expected Circe to be more excited about the idea) I drowned a few gulps of wine. Unsurprisingly, it was as good as I had been told. Still, it left a burning sensation on my tongue that would likely linger for some time. Nothing I couldn't handle.
@[member="Thalia Zambrano"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom