Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

It's Your Fault that I Don't Sleep Anymore {Circe}

Grinning I stood up, stretched, and walked over to the exit. After all, I didn't have anything to change into, at least not in this room. Before I left I looked over my shoulder, smiling at Circe. "Sounds good. Meet me in my room in a minute?" It was less of a question and more of a statement. Dashing down a few hallways (no longer needing to be stealthy) I quickly reached my room. Within a few minutes I was wearing a simple outfit: Dark blue jeans, red sneakers, a white undershirt, a light blue button-up, and sunglasses. It was often annoyingly bright on Morgania, or at least I had heard so.
@[member="Circe Savan"]

In Umbris Potestas Est
Nodding, Circe arrived in Vanessa's room, the dress on as she eyed over her student. She herself put sunglasses on - no one would see her bright green eyes and identify her that way. "Alright... Take me to your leader, you gorgeous twin-hearted beauty."

She couldn't help but smile. This moment felt so cheesy.

@[member="Vanessa Nacht Seele"]

God, Circe was so lame. But cute. Lame and cute... a good combination. "We're gonna need a shuttle, of course. Coordinates should be on the holonet. Pretty popular destination. We'll want to head to the Corthos District in the capitol. It might take awhile to get someone to talk to us, but it'll be worth the wait. Though we'll probably need to offer some goods to get them to let us settle down there. They'll like some extra protection," I said with a smile. After that I nodded and took her hand, waiting for her to lead me to whatever method of transportation we'd be using.
@[member="Circe Savan"]

In Umbris Potestas Est
Smiling, Circe headed to get in her nearby ship, a Lambda-class shuttle that she'd used as her primary method of clandestine transportation. Soon, the two were off to the capital city. Fortunately for Circe, the journey was rather uneventful as they traveled to the capital. On Circe's datapad were the sales information for several corvettes, along with a couple frigates. The perfect trade for the rights to place factories there.

"Vanessa, I love you. You're such an innovator, and I don't know what I'd do without you."

No. Oh god no. Please tell me she didn't mean that the way I think she does? Sure, I like kissing her. Yes, I occasionally have a little fantasy of the two of us having fun. But I didn't... I don't love her. She's just a really attractive friend. "Circe... Which way do you mean that? Like... friends/family or..." I gulped, unable to finish my sentence. The more I thought about it, the more I was sure she meant it as friends. I was probably worrying about nothing. Better safe than sorry though...
@[member="Circe Savan"]

In Umbris Potestas Est
"In a friendly way... I haven't got the urge to turn anyone from friends with benefits into a true lover. Not since Ven's death and Ashelotte's nearly getting fried." She sighed. "Don't tell me you're asking, are you?" She raised an eyebrow in curiosity, loving making Vanessa blush.

It was so cute to see her angry kitty go all red.

HOLY MOTHER OF-... I don't think I've ever blushed that hard in my life. But I was mostly relieved. Perhaps in the future the nature of our relationship would change... for now it was best we remained friends. For both our healths. "I wasn't asking. Just... making sure that you weren't rushing into things." I stuttered out, still red as a rose.
@[member="Circe Savan"]

In Umbris Potestas Est
"Oh no , of course, I understand. Rushing into things has cost me two failed marriages. I don't intend to do anything of the sort. Not yet, anyways - not until I meet that perfect guy. Or girl." She frowned, giving a soft sigh. "Well, what's the plan? You know this place better than I do after all."

A true fact.

Two failed marriages? And wasn't she also married to someone else, and almost married Ven? Oi. Sometimes I forget that Zeltrons tend to get around a lot. "The plan? Er... Well, we should look around the marketplace first, she what's around. Talk to a few merchants, learn who's in charge when it comes to larger-scale trade. Find that person, chat 'em up. Buy them a few drinks then get down to the business talk. I'll be your unofficial secretary. Sound good?" Okay, so maybe I barely knew what I was doing. Running a company wasn't my thing. But I was a Morganian, and this was Morgania. If Circe wanted to build a factory here, she'd need my help.
I guess.
@[member="Circe Savan"]

In Umbris Potestas Est
"Gladly. You take lead of this operation, Madame employee." She smiled. "Alright?" A grin crossed her face as she eagerly placed Vanessa in her current situation. She smiled, giving a soft grin as she considered how she would do in this situation. But she was proud, after all.

Vanessa was a good girl.

Madame employee. Huh, an interesting title. Not as bad as some of the other nicknames Circe has given me in the past. But I preferred the whole supreme overlord of all things fluffy. It fit. "Okay. Just follow me, act natural, and if someone offers you a drink, say yes. Might as well enjoy the culture while you can." With that I started walking, occasionally looking back to make sure I was being followed. The main marketplace (according to various maps, holonet records, and online articles) was a fairly close to the spaceport. Not far past the various bars, taverns, clubs, and cantinas. What can I say, Morganians are known for their taste in liquor. It would be unnatural for us to not have a few thousand drinking holes on the planet.
"Ey, we're here. Start looking around for weapon stalls. Subach is pretty varied in merchandise, but we'll want to focus on the blasters for now. Someone will know how to register for a merchant's license here. Once we figure that out, we can start moving on to discussing the factories."
@[member="Circe Savan"]

In Umbris Potestas Est
"I suppose so. Whatever you say." She followed Vanessa, still smiling as she looked over the situation. "So Vanessa, what else can you tell me about the only species that has a heart of gold and a heart of electrum?" She chuckled at her own joke.

Yeah, not very funny.

Let me just say this once more: Circe can be really lame sometimes. But I guess that's part of what makes her funny. Something like that. For a quiet moment I thought, trying to remember what I had learned about Morganians... "Well, you already know about our two hearts, so... Well, for one, we can force our bodies to shut down one of the hearts, so if it's damaged it won't just spurt blood into our chest randomly. Also we can balance out our heartbeats, making it easier to play dead. We're also pretty flexible, but we're nowhere near as physically strong as some other species. Our bodies are meant for stealth and speed. Plus, we're known as some of the best wine makers in the entire universe." A bold claim, but one many seemed to agree with. It was no surprise that a lot of us ended up being alcoholics. I'll have to be careful if I don't want to end up as a drunken idiot full-time.
@[member="Circe Savan"]

In Umbris Potestas Est
"It's too bad wine doesn't make me drunk... That would be a perfect place for my worries and such to be drowned away." She sighed, following Vanessa around. "So basically, you can be an excellent spy and assassin. I've got to applaud your natural talents - maybe someday I'll put you to use doing such a thing. But for now, we work."

She smiled, hand on the woman's shoulder.

For some reason that made me smile... It wasn't really a normal smile, this one seemed... better. Happier. So much had changed since I had left the asylum. Not a single thing had gotten worse. Grinning like an idiot (which perhaps I was, if only just a little) I nodded and lead her once more. Up ahead appeared to be a weapons booth. It had a variety of different blasters, staffs, whips, and blades. According to the signs at least a few had been treated with alchemy. That was a big claim to make. Deciding that they seemed a little to... confident I looked elsewhere. Not to far away was another little stand. The people there were quieter. But also seemed more honest when it came to their merchandise. It seemed like a good place to start.
"Greetings. What sort of goods do you have?" It seemed best to act interested in their goods, instead of making it obvious we were here as potential competition. A short explanation of their wares was given. Apparently they had set up shop quite recently themselves, and were very excited to have a customer. This was going well. Looking over their selection I found a nice dagger with an engraved hilt. I bought it (wasn't to expensive), partially as a souvenir and partially as a way to get answers. "If you don't mind me asking, how does one get a license around here? My girlfriend and I make jewlry, and were thinking of setting up shop here." It was a lie, but it got us the information we needed.
Thanking them I turned, took Circe's hand, and started walking towards a building in the distance.
@[member="Circe Savan"]

In Umbris Potestas Est
"Your girlfriend?" Well, technically, Circe was indeed her friend, and was a girl, so... that sort of fit. "I guess that works out." She smirked. "Anyways, let's get ourselves a business license here. We have a lot of factories to build and jobs to create."

Jobs were important nowadays, after all.

"I figured it was a good, believable cover. People are sometimes more willing to help a cute couple out than two people who are solely business partners. We can drop the act shortly if you wish." I gently squeezed her hand, smiling slightly. We were headed for where registrations were done. Someone in there would be able to help us fill out the proper paperwork for a factory, along with getting land to make the factory. Hopefully it would be as simple as it sounded to me.
@[member="Circe Savan"]

In Umbris Potestas Est
"Well, it's what you always wanted, isn't it?" She smirked. "Nah, I'm just kidding." She squeezed the hand again as the two entered the building. Soon, they would proceed to Morgania's permit building, and as they headed to the desk they would need to go to, they would prepare for the getting of permits and the purchasing of the land to build factories on.

This would be fun.

Not exactly. It wasn't something I had always wanted, or even something I wanted at the moment. Back when we first met... I hadn't seen a woman who wasn't trying to 'accidentally' give me an overdose of medicine in three months. Let's just say I was a little desperate for some 'luvin'. Which I got. After Circe lost Ven, I lost interest in getting a significant other. Mild flirting will have to do. Luckily that seems to be enough to please Circe. "Er, you should do the talking. I don't know enough about Subach Innes to..." I mumbled, blushing slightly. Up until we were three feet from the desk I hadn't realized how little I actually knew about my companion's company. Weapons. Fancy flying things. Destruction. Really, just that.
@[member="Circe Savan"]

In Umbris Potestas Est
Circe spoke to her mentally. It's okay... I'll tell you whatever you need to know telepathically. You be the mouth, I be the brain. She smiled, awaiting Vanessa's moving up there. Hopefully, this would proceed smoothly.

Well, then again...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom