Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

It's Not Yet Day [Clans of Mandalore Dominion of Domhanda]

“And the Mandalorians never invite aruetiise to our homes, until trust is built and good tidings confirmed. We are needfully suspicious until intent is discerned. Too many give us glad tidings, only to attempt to wipe us out. Just ask your… sweetheart. My uncle remembers well the first time we met.” Yasha waited for her companions to reach the table before she sat. [member="Anora Vahn"] especially… [member="Tyran Numeck"]’s friend was impeccably dressed… Yasha made her mind up to ask Anora for the tailor later.

“It would be the grossest of disrespects to you if I let go of our ways.” For that matter, the Queen herself was resplendent in a beautiful gown and crown of her own, which made Yasha a bit more comfortable with the fact she too dressed in a gown.

At least she hadn’t gotten that part wrong. No wonder [member="Darlyn Excron"] seemed enamoured with the Anam Queen… Yasha had eyes, and the girl was gorgeous. Darlyn looked happy, and that beyond anything else made Yasha soften even slightly at her edges.

It was an astounding quandary to the trained diplomat in the Infernal, when one attempted a sense of relaxedness in any diplomatic situation. To incite diplomatic action was to ‘court’ another nation. To put one’s best in front and hope that all the necessary thoughts aligned. A curious predicament, the Anam Queen’s desire for the casual.

“Yes, that would be protocol.” The Infernal was a near-impossible woman to know, if one could not break past her myriad defences and walls built over years of danger and intrigue. Through the Force, she was a blank space, the Voidstone around her neck in its’ necklace preventing any of the powered from reaching her… not that the voistone was necessary.

Being Epicanthix, Yasha was categorically impossible to read via mentalism or telepathy. Yet, her eyes told enough of a story on their own, when [member="Kaine Australis"] walked in with [member="Adara Raxis"] in tow.

What in the blue blazes of Concord Dawn’s manufacturing districts was her husband doing bringing her ten year old daughter into a diplomatic treatise!? Yasha’s shoulders raised. Her gaze, which had been softening at Darlyn and [member="Auburn Sioda"] returned to its’ stern, level gaze… centred on Adara.

“… my apologies, Queen Auburn…” Yasha began, before her lips quirked. Adara… she’d been crying. Her cheeks still held trails of dried tears, smudged by her father’s hand. Despite the low growl from Ambrose, who sat behind Yasha’s chair, the Mand’alor pushed away from the table, briefly setting her hand on [member="Adenn Kyramud"]'s shoulder and trotted over to her ten year old. "Alor Kyramud was about to tell you how Mandalore can increase your import trades..."

Adara gasped, standing perfectly straight and tall, and trying to tug on her mussed up hair to present herself better before her mother. She knew better than to disturb diplomatic talks! This was it, Adara’s life was going to flash before her eyes!

Her mother was coming! She got up from her seat at a diplomatic meeting. Adara was not long for this world! She'd rather babysit the twins than see... the.... the Infernal's Glare! Yasha stared at [member="Kaine Australis"], at first wondering what her riduur was thinking. The Infernal knelt on one knee and pulled a handkerchief out of her golden cloak’s pocket and handed it to her daughter.

Placing her hand on Adara’s shoulder, Yasha smiled quietly and leaned in to give Adara’s forehead a kiss. She rubbed the small print of black lipstick off Adara’s skin with her thumb, and whispered in Adara’s ear.

“Take notes, and tell me what you think of it at the end, ad’ika. And listen to Baba no matter what, okay? Once we’re done, maybe Ba’vodu Darlyn can show you where you can get some sweets. He seems to know the place.” A warm smile for her daughter and her riduur spread across her face, rare tenderness expressed for precious few seconds. Winking at her Kain’ik, Yasha went back to her chair, as Ambrose pulled it out and she sat back down.

“Pardon the intrusion, everyone. My daughter Adara has expressed desire to join our entreaty today. This will be… educational for her. She is the heir of the planet Vena’s throne. It would behoove her to see a Queen of a similar culture in action, if that is agreeable to you, Queen Auburn. I promise she will be impeccably behaved.” Despite putting the serious mask of the Infernal back on, a certain comfortable joviality could not be sealed away. The idea that her daughter wanted to be part of this?

Even if it was Kaine’s idea, the sheer excitement on Adara’s face told Yasha enough. Her daughter wanted to know what Mommy did! The girl looked as pleased as a planet with a new atmosphere to be sitting with the adults, and watching the diplomatic event. If only all her children wanted to be involved in learning to rule. And Darlyn had a lady friend!

This was to be a beautiful day.

Objective-1

The streets of Cathair an Chruthú were alive with noise and color, as the festival was in full swing. Brightly colored banners fluttered in the breeze along with beings matching clothes. While dozens of languages, music and sounds filled the air.

The whole festival was almost overwhelming to Milla as she wondered the streets. Her bright blue eyes tried taking in every detail and memories it for later. There was so much to do and see that she didn't know where to start. She had passed many different stalls, including jewelry makers, clothing stall and food vendors. A group of dancers wielding fire had caught her attention for some time.

Now she stood at a dilemma. In front of her was a blacksmith stall, where they were making all sorts of neat metal crafts. She very much wanted to try something like that, but there was a problem. Milla had arrived here wearing the new dress her mother bought her, a dress she didn't want to get dirty. Maybe her buir wouldn't mind if she came back later when she was less properly dressed.

[member="Cassiopeia Caranthyr"]

Oh no… this was it! Buir was going to throw her out of her very important meeting! The ten year old wasn’t long for this room! But… Her mother didn’t toss her out. Adara’s face became the proudest, happiest little girl’s face in the galaxy. Buir gave her a mission. Take notes and talk it over, like a real Princess! The child sat taller on her chair, legs dangling over the edge and incapable of touching the ground just yet.

And she got to have her Baba [member="Kaine Australis"] all to herself. Reyn and Magnus and Girak-Kaine didn’t get to have their Daddy. Holding the datapad for notes, Adara waved a coy hand at [member="Auburn Sioda"], and rubbed her cheeks with the handkerchief from her mother. And! And Uncle [member="Darlyn Excron"] had sweets later!

Yes. This was the best day!

‘Refreshments like sweets? Can I have sweets?’ But slowly Adara’s mismatched eyes went from gazing adoringly at the Queen’s hair, to staring up, up, up at her father’s chin. Adara’s lips quirked to the side.

‘Baba? You need a snack. You’re getting the cranky jitteries again.’ Adara dug into her pocket, and pulled out a small juice box, and offered it up to her father. She didn’t see any slights or insults… that was it.

Daddy must have needed his Baba juice.

In a hushed whisper Darlyn spoke to Auburn, translating for her what she needed. "Aruetiise are non-mandalorians, sweethearts are lovers or people with romantic interest in one another. And Alor's are the leaders of one clan in particular." The whole time he translated or explained as each word came up, he rubbed his neck at the memory Yasha had brought up. Yeah, it was a bit of an understatement to say he remembered that day clearly. Vividly, you could say.

"And yes little Adara is strong in the Dark. It's a long story but suffice to say she's not going to eat your soul or anything absurd. She's just a young girl." Topics deflected for another day, when he had an idea how to approach it. He leaned a bit back so she could focus on the others again, while quietly reaching down with the Force. He had to retrieve his flask after all, the comfortable little metal flask sliding comfortably into his jacket inner pocket as he watched the assembled group.

What next would she need defined, he wondered...

[member="Adara Raxis"] :|: [member="Kaine Australis"] :|: [member="Auburn Sioda"] :|: [member="Yasha Cadera"] :|: [member="Adenn Kyramud"] :|: [member="Tyran Numeck"] :|: [member="Anora Vahn"]

Cassiopeia smiled as she followed next to [member="Milla Ordo"]. Really, the young girl had easily adapted to her life within the Australis and Cadera family. It was remarkable how adaptable young children where.

Not to mention, the dress that Cassi had custom bought for Milla was absolutely gorgeous. And she hoped the young girl liked it – she’d likely be in beskar’gam soon anyway. She had to treat her while she could, after all! Lily was much more… Mechanical. Tom boyish. And maybe Milla hated it, but unless she said otherwise…

Cassi perked a brow as the young girl paused at the blacksmith stall. Oh man… She almost sighed, barely stopping herself before it happened. Well… At least she got her in a dress. “Do you want to check this out?”

Milla turned her gaze up to her buir when she asked if she wanted to check out the blacksmith stall. A wide smile formed on her face at the question. "You bet!"

The fact that she was allowed to get closer to the stall, while wearing a clean dress anyway, made her excited. She moved closer to the stall to where she could feel the heat rolling off of it. Wide eyed and attentive, she took in as much detail as she could. From the heating of the steel, to the bending of hot irons, all the way to the cooling. The young girl was amazed at how all of it was done, how a piece of regular steel could become an amazing work of art.

Her wide blue eyes turned to Cassi. "That's so cool! Can we build a forge at home?"

[member="Cassiopeia Caranthyr"]

Alor of Clan Gred, Mando'ad'jetii
Mig chuckled a bit as he noticed [member="Nicair Claden"] , and the way he watched the dancers. The alor gave his vod a nudge with his elbow before speaking quietly.

"I think she likes ya." As he watched, the Mandalorian was still surprised at the way the dancers could handle the flames through the Force. As they finished, Mig clapped and smiled, trying to understand the way they moved the Force to do what they did.

[member="Auburn Sioda"]

"Maybe." Was all the confirmation that he gave to indicate he acknowledged [member="Mig Gred"]. He respected the man and his choice of fighting styles. Getting in close to the enemy was always a risk, to specialize in it took a measure of will some would deem unusual. What was that phrase? "Real respect real" perhaps? In any case it was this respect that kept Nicair from responding with a grunt or some other noise. The man was in study while he was watching. There was a way the woman moved her feet. Without the flair of the fire her movements were fast, it wouldn't surprise him if those without the previous knowledge and careful study of movement would have trouble seeing it.

The fire only served to make it even harder to notice. The Force as a distraction to obscure movement? Interesting. By the time he was beginning to pick up on the particular technique the dance had ended.

The man clapped lightly. Learn something new everyday. Today he had learned two new things. Ahead of the curve.

[member="Mig Gred"] | [member="Auburn Sioda"]

Adenn immediately took notice of [member="Adara Raxis"] and couldn't keep the smile off of his face. The child was adorable, even if evil by nature, if not choice. Then he returned his attention to the queen([member="Auburn Sioda"]). He nodded to her, this would be a good time to start. Even as [member="Yasha Cadera"] spoke, Adenn couldn't help but smirk and shake his head gently. So formal, even when it wasn't needed. Then she noticed Adara, and Adenn truly felt sorry for the child, until he was forced into talking about increasing trade imports. Sure he knew some stuff about diplomacy, but really he was more there for muscle, even if he was smart muscle. Sighing beneath his breath, Adenn turned his visored gaze to the queen and mulled his options over, then he spoke.

"Very well Mand'alor, your will be done." Focused fully on the queen now, he spoke in an even tone, even if it had little inflection in any direction. His little prank he wanted to pull on [member="Darlyn Excron"] would have to wait until later sadly. "As you may know, the Mandalorians are in clans, and together we are the Clans of Mandalore. As such, we trade within our borders freely, and bring supplies to those in need of it. Not only that, but we have trade allies in other groups, such as the New Republic. We trade with them, and they trade with us. What we may not have, they have, and vice versa."

"So, should you join us, you would gain access to this network of trade. Alongside that, you'd be under the protection of the Clans of Mandalore, and should anyone unsavory come knocking, all you'd have to do is give us a call and we'll be there. I know this is a lot to take in, any questions you may have, I'll try to answer."

[member="Kaine Australis"] [member="Kaine Australis"] [member="Darlyn Excron"] [member="Adara Raxis"] [member="Yasha Cadera"] [member="Auburn Sioda"]

Auburn Sioda

Banr� on na Anam, Rialaitheoir Dóiteáin
Auburn listened to [member="Darlyn Excron"] intently as he explained the terms [member="Yasha Cadera"] was using. She would need to learn more of this language, if she were to communicate with the Mando'ade without him around. Her attention briefly turned to [member="Adara Raxis"] and [member="Kaine Australis"] when Yasha interrupted, but quickly turned it to [member="Adenn Kyramud"]. The Queen hummed in thought, before deciding on what to say.

"There is not much Domhanda has not been able to provide the Anam since the ancient days, so the only thing we would need from other planets is perhaps technology. The most we could provide in return would be our enchanted objects. Domhanda's ecosystem is too... fragile for us to do a level of farming that would allow us to export any food. I suppose other matieral goods like clothing and artwork would be suitable as well."

Auburn frowned in thought, looking down at the table. She was beginning to think calling the Mandalorians here was a bad idea. The Anam had little to offer, and she bit her lip in worry, before looking up at Yasha once more. The Queen smiled and nodded, before turning to speak to Adara. "All are equal here on Domhanda, and your presence here is welcomed, young Adara. I apologize if my people have been... nervous, around you."

Auburn squeezed Darlyn's hand, before sighing quietly, a frown pulling at her lips. "Our people have had... multiple traumatizing experiences with the Dark in our history. Please, do not hold it against them."

@Tyrann Numeck [member="Anora Vahn"]

Once the song was over, the dancers had a few precious moments to rest as the musicians chose the next song. Mheiri continued to smile and watch [member="Nicair Claden"] from the corner of her eye. The last of the flames on the hems of the dancers' dresses faded, as the music started back up. All the dancers snickered as poor Mheiri looked scandalized, before beginning to sing along in good fun. She jumped down into the streets, singing and dancing between the crowd, before spinning into Nicair's personal space, and took hold of his hand, to pull him into her dance. Poor [member="Mig Gred"] would be completely ignored by the woman. He wasn't interesting at all.

The Queen began to work through [member="Adenn Kyramud"]’s information, while Yasha settled back down from her daughter’s flustered entrance.

“Your people will no longer have to be nervous around my beloved first born. Her father will tend to her away from the populace, so your people are not disturbed.” Yasha interjected, before [member="Adara Raxis"] could speak. “As have my People. Mandalore a decade ago was a volcanic wasteland, after the Dark Side claimed Mand’alor the Liberator, and she sent a nuclear weapon into the middle of the planet. The attack killed millions. It took years of my reign to recover the planet, and increase agricultural gains enough to become an export culture, instead of a subsistence culture. It can be done. If you too have had dealings with the Dark, I can understand your reticence, and fault you for none of it.”

[member="Tyran Numeck"] [member="Anora Vahn"] [member="Kaine Australis"] [member="Mig Gred"] [member="Auburn Sioda"] [member="Darlyn Excron"]

“Thank you, Buir. I’ll be good.”

Adara sat a little taller, knowing her juice box helped her father focus on the task at hand. His slurps of the miniature organic juice sounded like Baba really needed it, and knowing she helped made the sniffling little girl feel even better.

‘You think it’s okay, Baba? I can speak up?’

As Adara formulated her words, and sat on the edge of her seat to raise her hand, Queen [member="Auburn Sioda"] spoke of the Anam’s fear of the Dark. Adara gasped and shifted to the back of her seat, shoulders raised. Her mother spoke, sequestering her daughter yet again for the reason of relations, and others’ comfort.

Just like Buir did, when she sent her away to boarding school, to stop the Mandalorians from condemning her.

‘Baba, I want to go home.’ The feeling was instantaneous, the dis-ease of knowing she could be hunted here. Disdained. But [member="Kaine Australis"]’ warm telepathic voice and calm hand brought enough comfort for the girl to stop nibbling on her bottom lip.

“Umm… Ah… if… if your people don’t have a lot to trade, we can give you umm… new ways to garden. They… they grow lots of food by going tall and… they don’t have much footprint on the ecology, ‘cause they’re vertical and go up, up in these towers and oh my goodness Mommy, Ba’buir, Ba’vodu, Baba help me, I’m getting it wrong I’m sorry I’ll stop now. Her voice raised in pitch, in tandem with her shoulders, and Adara ducked her chin down, hiding her red face in her massive chestnut curls.

[member="Tyran Numeck"] [member="Anora Vahn"] [member="Auburn Sioda"] [member="Adenn Kyramud"] [member="Darlyn Excron"]

She had this for now, Darlyn slowly let go of Auburn's hand so he could handle the situation rising. He had a young girl to comfort and quick. He pushed himself away from the table, stood up, and walked back around to Adara's side. HE knelt down by her side and put a hand on her shoulder, speaking softly to her while at her level. "Shhh... shhh... you're doing fine little lass. You're not going to be hunted or hurt, they just are afraid like everyone else. It's like someone who always gets hurt when they go to someone's house, they start expecting to be hurt. So just be your adarable self and they'll be happy to have you around, alright? I mean they tolerate me and look at my face, I don't have nearly the same advantage you do. You're doing great." He patted her shoulder gently and stood himself up afterwards.

Drawing his pistol, he began toying around and spinning the weapon with his left hand, spinning it forward and back, constantly switching back and forth as he walked back to where he had been before. "People learn and change, it's something that can be done. Mand'alor I would worry not for Adara's sake, or the Anam. Just a matter of giving them time. As for Adara's motion, it's worth considering Auburn. Mand'alor has a great concern for ecological sustainability, and developments were made towards that goal. It would certainly be a valuable thing for Domhanda, helping to minimize the risk you pose to the planet." Playing both sides.. for both's betterment.

[member="Adara Raxis"] :|: [member="Yasha Cadera"] :|: [member="Kaine Australis"] :|: [member="Auburn Sioda"] :|: [member="Adenn Kyramud"]

To say the armored Mandalorian was out of place was an understatement at face value. It grew deeper still in that Nicair hadn't danced a day in his life. The man could sway. That was the extent of his performance repertoire. The rest of his dancing or dance-like knowledge was based on certain movement meditations from different martial arts that could be done faster for a cardio boost or slower for a relaxing low impact exercise. Years of training like this, however, left him able to adapt fairly quickly to movements he was seeing into a relatively decent replication. He didn't have much time to send a glance to [member="Mig Gred"] before being pulled along.

While he couldn't mimic the force use just yet, he was giving the dance a fair effort. Through the lens of a martial artist of course, as he told himself in the process of doing something he told himself he would never be caught dead doing.

There was, perhaps, a hint of a smile growing on his face. The smallest speck of a grin. Is this what enjoying yourself felt like?

[member="Auburn Sioda"]

Mig watched as the dancers came down and brought some of the people out of the crowd to dance, and he was completely overlooked by the dancers. Eh, didn't bother him to much. 1: He couldn't dance to begin with. 2: He already had a woman, Tamar, in his corner. He didn't need anyone else. Either way though, he could still enjoy watching all the people who couldn't dance try to. [member="Nicair Claden"] did surprise him though. He actual was able to do some dancing, and was picked by the same dancer that had eyed him. Yep. She liked him. He also continued to try and feel out how they could control fire so easily.

[member="Auburn Sioda"]

Auburn Sioda

Banr� on na Anam, Rialaitheoir Dóiteáin
Auburn smiled as liltte [member="Adara Raxis"] attempted to explain how the Mandalorians could help the Anam farm. Her smiled faded into shock and concern when [member="Yasha Cadera"] said she would send her own daughter away. "That won't be necessary, Mand'alor, I assure you. My people will need to learn to adapt to new experiences if we are to branch out into the wider galaxy. Please, allow my people to learn that not all those aligned with the Dark are corrupt."

Auburn smiled warmly at [member="Darlyn Excron"] as he came back to sit next to her. She hummed in thought, before looking back at the Mandalorians gathered. "As much as I would like to discuss the benefits of joining your territory, I must tell you the reason I have called you here tonight." Standing up, Auburn lit the small fire pit in the center of the table with her pyromancy, and began to shape the flames with the finest of control.

"In the ancient days, we Anam worshiped and were protected by beings we worshiped as gods, the Beannacht." Within the fire, the shape of a dragon formed. "They were long-lived, benevolent, and the planets ambassadors to those who knew of our planet and traded with us. Hiding us from the rest of the galaxy, we lived in peace with them... Until they began to die, suddenly and quickly." The dragon within the flames cried out as if dying, before collapsing into the rest of the fire.

"We know not who, but a small membership of our priesthood, the Creidiúnaithe Beannachtaí, performed a ritual in desperation to save our remaining gods. This ritual was Dark in nature, and brought upon the planet fire from the skies, killing the planet in the process. Their attempt to save our gods brought what could only be described as an apocalypse, killing off Anam and Beannacht alike." Auburn frowned as the flame grew bigger, and brighter.

"Only one Beannacht survived, the Rí na Beannachtaí, and her egg. Those Anam that survived, fled off world to a planet similar to Domhanda. It's name has been lost to us through time, though we know it was covered in endless forests. We lived on this planet for thousands of years in peace, joyous that we at least had two of our gods." Auburn smiled sadly, as she formed two dragons with the flames, one large and one small, touching noses together.

"However, this peace would not last. Our goddess of life, Máthair, became corrupted by the Dark through means unknown. Sadly, she spread this corruption to her son, Talamh." The dragons within the flames cried out, seemingly in agony. "Driven insane, Talamh was forgotten by his own mother, and Máthair ceased to recognize her own followers. All our concerns became true when Máthair killed her High Priestess and some of her other servants.

"After this incident, the temple the priesthood resided in with our gods was placed in a magical stasis, our city abandoned, and we fled the planet in search of a way to cure our gods of their insanity." The dragons in the fire faded back into the fire. "Nearly 3,800 years after our planet was destroyed, we found it recovered, and flourishing. We rebuilt, carefully, and prospered. Those few among our gods who were exceptionally powerful in their magic, came back to us as ghostly figures, and chose prophets among the Creidiúnaithe Beannachtaí. Up until about 450 years ago, the priesthood led our people, with few hiccups.

It wasn't until a ship of sick refugees landed on our planet seeking refuge did the priesthood truly fail us once more. This sickness, the Gulag Plague the refugees called it, devastated the Anam." Humanoid figures rose up in the flames, reaching up and crying out in pain, before falling back into the fire. "The priesthood could do nothing, and had no ideas to help our people. My great-great-grandfather created our defense system, and organized the Anam so that the ill were separated from the well.

"The Anam were so pleased with his efforts, they crowned him king, beginning the Royal Family. The priesthood lost all executive power, and are now a shadow of their former self in terms of political power." Auburn looked quite serious as a crown formed within the flames. "However, with the recent death of the former High Priest merely two months ago, I have need named High Priestess of the Creidiúnaithe Beannachtaí. I have heard rumors of them plotting to use me to regain full control of the Anam once more, and I can not, and will not, allow them the power to fail my people any further.

"This, is why I have called the Mando'ade to Domhanda."

[member="Adenn Kyramud"] [member="Kaine Australis"] [member="Tyran Numeck"] [member="Anora Vahn"]

In the streets, Mheiri sang and danced with [member="Nicair Claden"], and pulled him up onto the stage with him to dance in the flames. The dancers in the streets changed partners with those gathered, continuing to all but ignore poor [member="Mig Gred"] as they spun and twirled. The area around the stage was filled with singing, dancing, and laughter that could be heard even within the inside of the nearby buildings.

Adara tried not to hyperventilate, as Ba’vodu [member="Darlyn Excron"] got up from the table. Oh no! What else did she do wrong!? It was a tragedy!

But... Darlyn accepted her mumbling. [member="Auburn Sioda"] seemed to be intrigued with [member="Kaine Australis"] and Yasha’s daughter. Said she didn’t have to go. Yet the child remained unsettled. Looking to her mother, Adara knew what Yasha would say.

‘But Baba, if they saw me use my powers, you could get hurt too.’ Adara was corrupted. If the Anam saw what Adara could and did regularly do with the Dark Side of the Force, their idealism would perish for righteous fear.

“I think I understand, Ba’vodu… teeheeeheeee adaaarable. But Ba’vodu! Queen Auburn likes your face! I can tell… it’s almost like you two have the look that Buir and Baba get when they’ve been…” Adara leaned in and whispered a bit louder than she should have. “…kissing.”

The fire story of [member="Auburn Sioda"] delighted Adara’s eyes. She sat forward, gasped, clapped and marvelled at the intuitive pyromancy at play. So the Queen asked the Mandos there to keep her on the throne? Or… Adara sought her father’s face, unsure of what to do from here.

'Buir? Are her Priestesses targets? I'm hungry.' Hunger no sweets would fill.
EDfUZH1.gif

The fire dancers were beyond enchanting to the freed slave known as Tamar. Armed with a basket full of crafts and dressed in a soft yellow dress, the Panathan-born nanny trotted over to slip her arm in [member="Mig Gred"]’s.

“Mig! Mig, oh look! I embroidered a handkerchief and formed a bowl out of clay and... oh! What lovely... athleticism. Gosh those dancers sure are the prettiest aren’t they?” Tamar smirked coyly, eyes switching from Mig to the dancers and back again. “Come help me paint my bowl… planet to Mig. Is anybody in there?”

Tamar knocked gently on Mig’s temple, hoping to be at least a little distracting in lieu of the dancing girls.

On [member="Darlyn Excron"] ’s way back to his seat beside the Queen, Yasha reached out and caught his forearm.

“Thank you, Ba’vodu.” She whispered, her ribcage about to burst if Adara was sad for one more second. Her daughter seemed to settle, yet Yasha longed to swing over, pick her daughter up and hug her. Keep her in her lap, in a warm maternal embrace.

Protocol dictated distance, and the Mand’alor would follow the ways of the ruler. Yasha did hazard a glance to [member="Kaine Australis"], soft and filled with her inner longing to celebrate Adara’s first foray into diplomatic matters. Perhaps when this negotiation was concluded, Adara, Kaine and Yasha could share a moment together.

"What do you think, brother?" Leaning back in her chair, Yasha asked Tyran and watched the Queen more than the show of flame in the centre of the table. [member="Auburn Sioda"]’s use of fire was impressive, a feat Yasha only saw once before, via her friend [member="Ginnie Dib"]. Fire was as creative as it was destructive.

The Anam would be true powerhouses if they allowed themselves to be. Galactic affairs moved in patterns. Illness and rejuvenation. Degredation then repair. The rule of one, and downcast of another. So now the Priesthood of the Anam desired their position back. Yasha rose from her seat, pacing round the table as she spoke in a clear alto tone, her accent inundating the room.

“The opportunistic often desire power over those they think are weak or malleable. You are young and in command, Queen Auburn. If you do not show with confidence your ability to be a better ruler for your people, only might will be your temporary guard. I took this mantle at twenty, and I was too young to take it. Turbulent times begat my rise, and continued for a while into its’ reign. Yet the more I look back, now, ten years after my first steps, the more I see that to be a ruler is to set oneself apart.

If you desire all to be comfortable in your presence, they will take those familiarities too far, and decide you have no value they can not usurp. If you live alone in a solitary tower, looming above them, you will become a work of fiction. Out of touch and draining. We must be part with them, but not of them. We must understand their plight, the desires of their condition, but not concern ourselves too far with matters others could handle in our steads.” The Infernal’s gold-clad glove alit upon Kaine’s shoulder, sliding across his back as she walked on. A smile for her beloved.

“If these Priests are preparing to usurp or control you, you cannot be gentle, until after they truly bow the knee. A worthy ruler understands to give punishment where it’s due. With severity and swiftness. We do so seldom, for the previous punishment was severe enough to be revered. We then, as beneficial monarchs, dote upon our People. Give them the desires of their hearts. Heal their children, feed their parents, build them homes and cities and delight their eyes with entertainments. They have to but follow us, and we will supply all their needs, according to our communal coffers. The coffers they, by following through, helped donate.

We must act now to deliver the blow to these usurpers’ pride. Remind them why you sit upon your throne, and who you have behind you. Then, once the unpleasantness is accomplished, we spread our arms as gracious hosts, and ease any suffering we find.”

Ending her speech beside Auburn’s chair, Yasha looked out to [member="Tyran Numeck"], [member="Anora Vahn"] and [member="Adenn Kyramud"]. She tipped her crowned head, a careful hand placed on the back of Auburn’s chair.

“The Mando’ade will aide you, if you agree to allow us passage through your space and trade with your economy. If you allow ecologically sensible mining rights to your Songsteel. Rule as you see fit, we do not usurp those planets we come to. Join our community as a member planet, and I will give you the desire of your heart. We will strengthen your position, and put these meddling priests in their rightful place.”

Mig continued to focus on the dancers, his eyes closed. He couldn't get it. How could he not feel what they were doing to control the flames around them? It seemed to come so naturally to them. He was taken out of his focus by an arm wrapping around his own. He looked to see Tamar, the woman who had become the love of his life. He honestly wasn't quite focused on Tamar, though his focus was already broken from the dancers, when she tapped on his head. He chuckled and calmly placed his hands over her's.

"Sorry. Was trying to pick out how they have so much control of pyromancy. I think I was practically meditating when ya came up." He then looked at all the things she had brought. "Those look beautiful."

[member="Adara Raxis"]

Tyran Numeck

Mandalorian Supercommando
Tyran listened to the Queen's story and the rather impactful way she told it via her fire display and when she revealed the reason she'd called the Mandalorians to Domhanda he bit at his lower lip for a a few seconds. It was a tale as old as the galaxy, a strong political power falls and is replaced with a newer younger one and then the older one begins plotting it's resurgence in the shadows. It was a messy game and something Tyran didn't have much of a taste for, he preferred to know who his enemies were rather than knowing he had enemies but not who they were and how many of them there are.

"I think this is no business of ours," He said to his sister honestly "But it appears that the Queen's reign has been more beneficial to her people than the Priesthood was. I would urge her to listen to your council and have her opposition dealt with, as ruthlessly and publicly as possible to put a stop to anything like this happening in the future. The best role I could recommend our people for in this task would be personal security for the Queen and maybe at key locations throughout the Capitol, but I don't think we're equipped to sniff out her enemies for her. If she has a list of names or possible conspirators I'd put together a group of our Force sensitives and have them do the tracking and exposing. I actually have someone who could use some training in that regard and this would be a good opportunity for her I think." He said turning his gaze over to his friend in the dress that had seemed to won the evening.

[member="Yasha Cadera"] - [member="Auburn Sioda"] - [member="Adenn Kyramud"] - [member="Anora Vahn"] - [member="Kaine Australis"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom