Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Faction Its Elementary my dear Jedi (NJO)

The court-yard was empty save for a series of braziers, containers, and a large pile of stones. Most of it hadn’t been set up by Vulpesen. Such work had been done by a squad of soldiers he had brought with him to drop the items off. Of course, each had been disarmed before entering the temple grounds, and a few grumbled at the idea of being used for grunt work, but there was little to be done when the ex-Valde made a request. In any case, any grumblings would be silenced by the extra credits that would be placed in their accounts. And at the very least, none had been ordered to roll the large boulders that now lay in a pyramid. That had been the Arch Wilder’s contribution to the labor.

“Thank you for the help gentlemen. Take the day off. Y’all have earned some leave.” Vulpesen tossed a pouch of credchips to the sergeant who patted the back of one of his corporals before turning to the exit. A vacation to Coruscant on the expense of house Torrevaso could almost guarantee one thing. They’d be blind drunk by the time they got back to the ship.

In the interest of more intellectual pursuits however, Vulpesen turned to observe their handiwork. A tank of water, a brazier of logs, a pile of boulders, and a device crackling with electricity all stood arrayed in a circle. Each one represented an element recognized by the wilder sects and practiced in some form by those who taught the way of the elements. Still, something was missing and after a moment of staring at the ground, Vulpesen strolled over to the brazier and retrieved a smaller log.

His eyes closed as he concentrated on the end of it, pouring the force into the wood until it burst into flames. More concentration and the fire grew hotter, scorching the once vibrant brown wood into black. Flaming stick in hand, Vulpesen sauntered to a gap in the circle and used the char to draw a side circle on the ground. There was no real way to capture wait, but at least he could mark a place to practice with it. Impromptu drawing done, he tossed the log back into the brazier and with a wave of his hand, extinguished it.

The class room was set. Now all he needed to do was wait for the students to arrive, then the lesson could begin.

Tides of Change

y0ZHF35.png

7BUIiLq.png

Elias wiped the beads of sweat that dappled his forehead with the back of his hand. He wasn't asked to help, but he'd given the men a hand in unloading the supplies required by Vulpesen Vulpesen for his lesson. Logs, boulders, and braziers. Rudimentary, by galactic standards, but not unfamiliar to a naturalist like himself. It reminded him of the ceremonies held on Kashyyyk during his time with the Silver Jedi.

When the work was done, Elias took his leave a short distance away from the man who would be leading the class today. Though the lesson seemed to be as ambiguous as its presenter. Elias had admittedly never met the Zorren before, but he looked forward to the lesson and the Jedi Master's wisdom nonetheless. He waited patiently, but soon, his curiosity got the better of him.

"What will you be teaching, Master Vulpesen?" Elias asked from across the courtyard. He pushed himself away from the stone wall he was leaning against, closing the distance between the two Jedi with a casual walk.

Tags: Vulpesen Vulpesen | OPEN

jeditemplebanner.png

Tags: Elias Edo Elias Edo | Vulpesen Vulpesen
Z9U36lL.png
The Kel Dor padawan was excited for today’s special training. Having spent the previous night crunching some of his assignments to leave time for himself to be able to partake today. Although he felt a little tired and sleepy. Since he stayed up extra late last night. But that didn’t lessen his excitement.

Soon enough Ko made his way to the courtyard where he saw two older men there. He wondered if they were both teachers or if one of them was also going to be learning alongside Ko. Nonetheless they were his elders and when he approached Ko would give them a solid bow.

“Good afternoon, I’m looking forward to today’s lessons.” He said with a friendly and polite tone. After he straightened his posture once more he looked around at the odd assortment of stuff around. Not sure yet what purpose they served.

Objective: Learn more about the force
Tag: Vulpesen Vulpesen Ko Vuto Ko Vuto Elias Edo Elias Edo Dreidi Xeraic Dreidi Xeraic

Untitled783_20230707211108.png

I heard the shimmering chimes from Grisial before I rounded the corner and saw his ward leaned up against a wall outside the courtyard. "Hey, have you been here long?" I wasn't late, but I wasn't here first either. I smiled at Dreidi Xeraic Dreidi Xeraic and then leaned greeted her bond animal that stood by her patiently. "I think he likes me" I said as the Vulptex looked back up at me with his big eyes.

I was very curious about this training scheme that was beginning with Vulpesen Vulpesen , I wasnt a Jedi, so the usual lessons were perhaps not my style, but this sounded interesting. "Its cool that your uncle is doing this, with all the space battles and laser swords I think some people forget that the force is part of nature." what was I babbling on about. Was I nervous? Perhaps, I wasnt used to lessons, and being around too many people at the moment was a little awkward for me. "This one is elementalism right?" I asked a question I was already well aware of the answer too before taking a breath.

"Shall we go in... how do I look?" I pulled down hard on the sides of my jerkin in an effort to look as presentable as possible. It was an off hand remark and I would not normally be as bothered by appearances, but what I was really concerned about was looking too Chaldean. I was grateful that my primary form was near-Devaronian right now. Since the Chaldean holocaust, things had... changed. My species was practically unheard of before, now they were a boogeyman that consumed themselves in their own specism. I had mentioned this briefly to Dreidi when she invited me along, but I hadn't given her the full details of how I felt. I had genuinely heard a holonet commentator say that the chaldeans got what they deserved after what they did to all those innocent alliance citizens. Not isolationists, not the Potentium.. Chaldeans. I knew jedi were different but as someone who already skirted the edges of society, it was a bitter pill to swallow.

"This should be fun and you'll have to introduce me properly to your uncle." I said added before allowing my friend to lead us all in.

Minor tag for Arlo Renard Arlo Renard 's Chaldean story

Last edited:
Learning more about the Force? Sign Shan up! As soon as he heard that the lesson was going to be happening, the Mirialan rushed over towards the courtyard, a wide grin spreading across his face. Sure, he had his own Master to learn from now but limiting himself to just one teacher wasn't something Shan would ever agree with. Learning was one of the few things that could actually get Shan to forget about some of his worries from previous events. All that mattered to him in this moment was broadening his horizons and knowledge!

As soon as he arrived, the Padawan brushed his robes down to make sure they looked presentable, before giving a bow to each person he saw. Manners cost nothing at the end of the day. Though part of him did think it was probably amusing with his head just bobbing up and down with each bow. It caused a small grin to pop up before he shook his head.

"Padawan Pavond here and ready to learn!" Once again, a grin spread across his face as he looked around the courtyard, taking in the assortment of things placed around the location as he thought to himself. Fire...Earth...Water...and Electricity? The last one confused him as the Padawan stared at the crackling device, the grin on his face slowly turning its way into a frown. He didn't exactly have fond feelings over electricity anymore...but that might make these lessons even more invaluable to him as he turned his attention forward to commit himself to learning.

Vulpesen Vulpesen Ko Vuto Ko Vuto Elias Edo Elias Edo Gweneth Zarari Gweneth Zarari Dreidi Xeraic Dreidi Xeraic

Attire: Jedi Outfit
Tags: Vulpesen Vulpesen | Gweneth Zarari Gweneth Zarari | Shan Pavond Shan Pavond | Ko Vuto Ko Vuto | Elias Edo Elias Edo

Dreidi shook her head, "nah, you timed your arrival well." Grisial was eager to be petted and displaying the softer more friendly emotions that Dreidi is normally not known of. "Well, you do have a way with animals so I am sure that plays into some of his affection. I also call him an attention seeker, he seems always desperate for attention." She chuckled as Grisial's mind shared his disagreement with such names, he just thought that Dreidi was weird for not like being petted.

"Apparently this is more akin to the traditions of Zorren, the race that both my father and myself are." Dreidi stated, unsure what to expect with the training. "I am not sure what to expect with this, might be very different to how Jedi train people so don't necessarily think this will be the Jedi style." Dreidi gave a soft chuckle, she wasn't sure if Gwen would enjoy the Jedi way of things since she was a very different person than most Jedi. "This might be more like training I went as a Witch, however, only one way to find out I suppose."

Nodding her head, "elements yeah, should be tricky for me. I use Magick to manipulate elements mostly, so adapting that to the Force use is going to be tricky." Dreidi commented as she had to acknowledge her difficulties in blending the two forms seamlessly. "Your look?" Dreidi tilted her head confused, was it something to be concerned about, Gwen usually looked fine. "It's.... I mean, it's fine..." Dreidi wasn't too sure what else to say since she wasn't normally concerned with appearances. Her cheeks flushed as she realised it was awkward for herself.

"We'll have to see if we time." Dreidi commented as she inhaled deeply, entering the room.

Looking around, there were a few people already there and ready to learn. Dreidi decided to guide Gwen to the back, looking around as she placed her hands on her hips. Assessing the others here and curious to think about what would Vulpesen's teaching approach. It would be good for her to see since Dreidi knew she needed to find her style as a mentor, being a Jedi Knight now.

Leaning against one of the boulders, Vulpesen turned to address the master who had so kindly aided him and his men in setting up the lesson. "Today is a lesson on the way of the elements. Personally, I'm more skilled in the ways of the shifters but I've picked up quite a bit from some of the masters within my sect. I should at least be competent enough to issue an introduction."

Shortly after, the younger generation of jedi would begin to trickle in and Vulpesen offered each one a nod as they approached, motioning the group to find a place and get comfortable. "Welcome everyone, I'm glad you could make it," he began cheerfully. "Before we get started, I feel like there's some things we need to get out of the way." He looked over the various jedi that had assembled in the circle, noting the curiosity on their faces and the whispered conversations that weren't quite quiet enough to escape his sensitive ears. "First, for those that don't know, I am Arch Wilder Vulpesen Torrevaso of the Vitae Sect of the Veran Wilders. If Arch Wilder is too much of a mouth full, then Master Torrevaso will work just fine. I earned that from your order's predecessor over half a century ago." What he didn't say was that by the same logic, they could also address him as "lord" or "darth."

"Today we'll be learning the Wilder Way of the Elements." Vulpesen started to walk around the circle, passing each station that had been set up before their arrival. "Fire," he stated as he passed by the brazier. "Water," the tank of water, "Earth," the stack of boulders, "Wind," the marked circle, "Lightning," the crackling device. "I can help you learn to manipulate and bend these elements to your advantage. It is up to you if you desire to specialize in one or learn them all. Some Wilders will devote their lives to master a single element. For others, the basics of each provide a varied enough arsenal to get the job done."

Elias Edo Elias Edo Ko Vuto Ko Vuto Dreidi Xeraic Dreidi Xeraic Shan Pavond Shan Pavond Gweneth Zarari Gweneth Zarari

Interesting. Learning how to control the elements? All of them seemed to have some kind of use in his eyes...Whilst Shan was originally going to dismiss a few of the elements for their inherent danger, he reconsidered his opinion on them...Whilst fire was quite dangerous and wild, it could also give warmth needed to survive. Lightning...also had its uses, even though it could also be incredibly painful. The thought just caused Shan's side to start tingling as he put his hand to his side, trying to focus on the lesson instead of his past experiences.

His eyes travelled over towards the less "dangerous" elements in his eyes. Water could be valuable as well, as it had plenty of fluidity and variability to it...Earth was also strong as a potential protection element but wind was one that would be one that he'd struggle to figure out how to wrap his head around. Wind and Water could quite utility focused in Shan's eyes. Each one had plenty of uses for him, and whilst Shan thought that focusing on one could be better than all of them, Shan wasn't the kind of person to limit himself to one opportunity.

Though he cleared his throat, since the young Mirialan had a question, slowly raising his hand up in the air. "Excuse me, Arch Wilder Vulpesen Torrevaso of the...Vitae Sect of the Veran...Wilders" It was a mouthful for Shan to get though, and even though Vulpesen said that Master Torrevaso would do, Shan wanted to make a good impression. Once he had managed to catch his breath back, Shan carried on with his question. "Do certain elements come erh...more naturally to people than others? Like are some people more suited to using some elements?" He bowed his head once he had finished talking, looking around in case anyone else had any questions to ask.

Companion: pip
Outfit: Jedi Attire
Tag: Vulpesen Vulpesen Dreidi Xeraic Dreidi Xeraic Ko Vuto Ko Vuto Shan Pavond Shan Pavond Gweneth Zarari Gweneth Zarari

Ryana snuck in with pip sitting on her shoulders as she heard master vulpesens explanation of what he was teaching she was intrigued to learn about the elements she didn't even realize it was possible to bend the elements using the force. Pip was unusually quite not that it bothered her she found a place in the back of the room to listen to him speak she noticed ko and dreidi here and smiled as she and pip seemingly where both interested in learning or at least she would learn pip would likely be a distraction.

She was gonna ask question when shan spoke up before her asking the same thing causing pip to stick his tongue out towards shan "that's not very nice" she whispered as pip retracted his tongue. Not wanting to get scolded again after his little gas incident a little while ago and she was still punishing him for it thats why she didn't bring any treats for him this time.

Continual growth.
If one thought they knew enough, they were wrong. The path of the Jedi was one of learning. It’s why Tandi was coming to the class today. The Way of the Elements as it was described to him.
Tandi loved seeing how different cultures implemented the Force into their beliefs, and how that shaped how they used the force.

It was such a shame he was running late. Running into the courtyard, “I’m sorry. I’m late, I know.”

jeditemplebanner.png

Coruscant, Jedi Temple
Tags: Ko Vuto Ko Vuto , Shan Pavond Shan Pavond , Vulpesen Vulpesen , Others...

Borsalino_de_Clemente_banner.png

"I can help you learn to manipulate and bend these elements to your advantage. It is up to you if you desire to specialize in one or learn them all. Some Wilders will devote their lives to master a single element. For others, the basics of each provide a varied enough arsenal to get the job done."

"Fascinating," Lino mused aloud, a grin plastered on his face.

The noble was fully engrossed with the lesson, captivated by the idea of harnessing the elements in combat. What could things like fire and air lend to his blade-play, the boy wondered. He was practically captivated by the imagination of it all. Lino had arrived early, of course. A duelist was always punctual after all. And there was certainly no way that the Atrisian was skipping out on learning such a skillset.

Lino turned, a twinkle coming to his eyes. A fellow padawan had arrived and stood next to him, a Kel Dor. As one who dabbled in the history of force traditions, Borsalino was familiar with the Baran Do sages. He wondered if the stranger had any connection.

"Salutations!" he greeted, quiet enough as to not bother the ongoing lesson but still extending a hand for a proper introduction. "I don't believe we've encountered each other before. Borsalino de Clemente, but I insist you call me Lino. It's far easier to recall."

His smile remained, bizarre as ever.

"Have any particular interest in any ability?" Lino continued. "I'm leaning towards wind manipulation myself."

It seemed the most practical for enhancing his Jar'Kai. A little wind behind his back could do some good, he figured.

jeditemplebanner.png

Tags: Toby Russen Toby Russen | Vulpesen Vulpesen
Z9U36lL.png

Ko began to take note of the other Jedis around who seemed to be of different skill levels and ranks. Two of the individuals he recognized from prior interactions. Jedi Knight Dreidi back on Ukatis and the fellow Padawan Ryana who he got to meet recently over some mischief caused by a certain critter.

Soon enough though the instructor for this lesson began to speak. Who gave their first name and title which was pretty long and not something Ko was going to remember without some practice repeating it to himself. But they followed up with just needing to use “Master Torrevaso” which was much easier for the padawan to remember. They also explained the different elements at play here as well as how some might go about using them.

Ko wasn’t sure which one he was really drawn to yet. They all seemed equally compelling to him at a first glance. The lightning definitely seemed the most flashy, closely followed by fire. Another student, a mirialan from the looks of it, asked about if people often felt an affinity for one of the elements. That was a pretty good question and likely one Ko might have wondered about himself.

Just then the Kel Dor heard a new and unfamiliar voice, one directed towards him. Looking to see who it was, Ko saw a golden-haired boy smiling at him. For what it was worth Ko gave a friendly smile back. Ko was standing with an attentive posture where his hands were together behind his back. Bringing one up that was covered in thick bandages and gave a polite wave. “Hello, I’m Ko, Ko Vuto. But you can just call me… Well Ko I guess.” He replied, a soft chuckle escaping from within his mask. “It’s nice to make your acquaintance, Lino. As for your question I’m not sure yet. I’ve done some unique stuff with manipulating earth before. But that never seemed like a special technique to me, just a different application of telekinesis I think.”

Tides of Change

y0ZHF35.png

7BUIiLq.png

"Impressive," Elias mused to himself, taking a step back to observe the lesson from behind the Padawans. Judging by the way Vulpesen Vulpesen spoke, he figured the Arch Wilder needed little with the presentation, if any at all. Elias opted to keep watch over the younger Jedi, to keep them attentive and open-minded, though he admittedly was quite curious about these Wilder skills himself.

Elias often considered himself a naturalist, preferring to find the Force in nature than anywhere else. Such a skillset as this one seemed... well, natural.

It was tempting to become a jack of all trades with the elements, but the 'master of none' adage was less appealing. Perhaps it was his oceanbound homeworld of Genetia that beckoned him to master water? Or lightning, which rolls with the seasonal hurricanes that sweep the seas? It was hard to choose. He couldn't imagine what unbridled excitement brewed in the young ones below. How could they choose which element to devote study to at such a young age, when he as a Master was conflicted himself?

Perhaps the natural essence of the Force would nudge him, and the rest of them, to the elements that resonate with them best.

He'd have to watch and see.

Tag: Vulpesen Vulpesen Ko Vuto Ko Vuto Elias Edo Elias Edo Dreidi Xeraic Dreidi Xeraic Shan Pavond Shan Pavond Tandi Preegasa Tandi Preegasa Toby Russen Toby Russen Ryana mina Ryana mina

elements yeah, should be tricky for me. I use Magick to manipulate elements mostly,

"Is magick very different from the force?" I asked with curiosity, I had been under the impression that magick was simply what the witches referred to the force as, but I hadn't thought to ever actually ask one. I noticed a slight blush on my friend's pale cheeks. Was I asking too many questions of her? I chose to ignore it as I knew mentioning someone's embarrassment would only heightened it, and it seemed to pass as we went in anyway.

The room was not what I expected, but I hadn't know what to expect in the first place so it could have been anything. Dreidi Xeraic Dreidi Xeraic led us to the back and i gave a little chuckle. "On Chaldea the naughty little changeling children like to sit at the back so the teachers cant see them." I inavertently used a nickname that non shifting chaldeans used for any child that appeared a bit flighty and mischievous, suspecting any of them to be secretly moorchild babies like I was.

My focus was drawn to Vulpesen Vulpesen at the front as he began to speak and describe the elementsl tools at his disposal, I couldnt shape elements, but if i could... I looked at the fire for a few seconds and my eyes were momentarily transfixed as I remembered the carnage wrought by the fire breathing drakes on my home. I felt my heart quicken slightly and I grasped for something to hold to take my mind off what had happened. Then i turned to Dreidi, I put my fingers on my forehead just below my curly hair almost as if to shield my face from the teacher so only my friend could see. "Urgh.." I was trying not I gave a slight smile. I was trying not to burden her with my problems, but a friendly face was what I needed right now and as an untrained force user my bubbling anxiety was likely easy to detect.

After the battle I had spent a few days with the moorchildren trying to understand things, it had helped, a lot, but I was still struggling to wrap my head around everything.

I was suddenly aware that my exasperated sigh might seem like it was a response to her uncle's introduction. "...that wasn't aimed at....chit" I let out a little laugh and blushed, my tail was flicking left and right so I grabbed it and pulled it around onto my lap to keep it under control.

The murmur in the room was building a little as people relaxed and began to ask questions and get to know each other a little better. I too was curious about the same thing that Shan Pavond Shan Pavond enquired about. The elements all seemed like very different beasts, so it would make sense that they would place different demands on the prospective force user. I pulled out a paper notebook and began to make scratchings in pencil to take notes. ​

Attire: Jedi Outfit
Tags: Gweneth Zarari Gweneth Zarari | Vulpesen Vulpesen | Shan Pavond Shan Pavond | Elias Edo Elias Edo | Ko Vuto Ko Vuto | Tandi Preegasa Tandi Preegasa | Ryana mina Ryana mina | Toby Russen Toby Russen

Dreidi shrugged, "the best I can offer about it is that Magick tends to be stemming from different cultural approach than the Jedi do with the Force. It might be the same thing in the end, but how one uses it differs significantly." However, Dreidi wasn't an expert in the differences either, she was only working on exploring these ways herself.

Smirking, Grisial curled into himself in the back corner near Dreidi, observing the class but out of the way. "Well, figured it meant we could keep close to Grisial. But maybe we are the naughtiest pair here." She poked her tongue teasingly towards Gwen, Dreidi just want to tease her friend with her comments on how things were on Chaldea.

Dreidi grinned widely as Gwen expressed her anxiety about the lesson from what her uncle had discussed, Dreidi was all too familiar with that feeling herself and offered some sympathies and supportive calm through the Force to help Gwen relax a little. She didn't assume it was directed at her uncle specifically but she also wasn't too bothered either way, the man was still a stranger in her life for the most part so her views on the man were still being formed herself.

People were discussing the uses and dedication a Jedi could specialise in with the powers. It was interesting and she could see the positives and negatives of each one, that some could be more defensive while others could be used more offensively. Dreidi was curious how some might approach it.

The late arrivals garnered little attention from Vulpesen and he simply waved them down as he had the others. The lesson was still new enough that he disruption would be negligible. Shan Pavand's question however, was worth paying attention to. "Arch Wilder will do fine, Padawan Pavand of the jedi order," he stated. Even in his own words, the initial response was a little cheeky but there was no malice behind his retort. What was the point of returning to the jedi temple fi you couldn't have some fun with the locals? Besides, it was actually a very good question. "But to answer your question, yes. Though I've seen the reasons vary. I've seen wilders from Veradune's deserts work well with fire and earth because the heat and stone is all they know. But I've also seen some in the woods who can use fire in wind because their passion or free spirits makes the element more relatable. In some ways, the way of the elements requires the most philosophical work because masters of the art will find themselves meditating on what it means to embody an element."

His ear flicked towards Gweneth's groan and Vulpesen rose a brow at her attempt to explain it away. It wasn't particularly hard to read that she was telling the truth, or at least attempting to. "And some can find elements difficult to master due to some aversion developed in their life. Those who have almsot drowned may find fear blocking their understanding. Fire has lost many practitioners to scars that appear on more than flesh. And I've found that jedi have little interest in lightning due to a certain black robed specter on their minds." Vulpesen lifted a hand and golden arcs of energy crackled between his fingertips. During his days as a jedi, even the usage of electric judgement, the more benign counterpart to the sith's lightning had been feared and misunderstood.

"Now then, if everyone please, choose a station. I'll gladly explain any element you chose and you're free to move between them. However, if no one seeks to steal the sith's thunder," he smirked a bit as he motioned to the energy rod, "then there's hardly any point in me discussing it, is there?"

Gweneth Zarari Gweneth Zarari Shan Pavond Shan Pavond Elias Edo Elias Edo Ko Vuto Ko Vuto Tandi Preegasa Tandi Preegasa Ryana mina Ryana mina Toby Russen Toby Russen Dreidi Xeraic Dreidi Xeraic

Ko wondered if he might have any aversion to a particular element. He’s had some pretty awful encounters with fire. Even as recently as the last battle he found himself in. Where a Dragon shot a powerful cone of flames directly at him. The Kel Dor watched with great interest as the instructure crackled some lightning in his hands. It conjured images of the ancient legends of his homeworld. The Barran Do Sages, so in tune with the world that they could even summon the tempestuous power of storms at their command.

But such myths were older than even the most ancient of sarlaccs. Many citizens on Dorin longer believed it was true. But seeing the Master before him display his electrokinesis so casually made Ko think that there was probably more truth in those stories than lies.

When he was asked to pick a station along with the rest of the students Ko thought for a moment before walking over to the simple pile of boulders. Wondering to himself what was really the difference between the Wilder Way of Elements when it came to earth and mere telekinesis. Maybe it was just a difference in perspective, or even an entirely different ability.

"Oh. I apologise Arch Wilder. I meant no offense." Shan lowered his head. He didn't mind the response that he had gotten from Vulpesen. He was just more worried that they thought he was trying to make fun of the long title, when in reality he was just trying to show as much respect as he could. To him, at least for first meetings, full titles should be used but he could understand why some people might think otherwise. For now however, Shan listened to Vulpesen talk about the different elements and how some people would be averse to others whilst find it easier with other elements as well.

Shan already knew what element he'd be averse to. It was the one which he could still imagine the pain of to this day. Except it wasn't the same now, was it? Force Lightning and natural Lightning could be seen as two different things. Similar, but different. Like two faces of a coin. Like the Jedi and the Sith. It would perhaps help him in more ways than one with his goals. His eyes went over to the Kel Dor Padawan heading over towards the boulders and debated whether or not it would be something Shan would want to work on himself...Though he shook his head. He could focus on those later.

For now, he made his way towards the crackling energy rod, as the Padawan felt a shudder go down his spine. It almost like someone was walking over his grave. There was a part of him that was concerned what the others would think, with him heading straight over to the energy rod...but he had his own reasons for wanting to learn how to manipulate it. And it wasn't because he wanted to steal the sith's thun-...Oh. Lightning. Thunder. Shan finally understood the comment as he sighed to himself.

Ko Vuto Ko Vuto Vulpesen Vulpesen Dreidi Xeraic Dreidi Xeraic Gweneth Zarari Gweneth Zarari Elias Edo Elias Edo Ryana mina Ryana mina Toby Russen Toby Russen

Tides of Change

y0ZHF35.png

7BUIiLq.png

Elias watched with deep interest as the Arch Wilder conveyed the lesson, answering questions and (in some cases) replacing them with new ones. It was the perfect balance of knowledge fulfillment and curiosity broadening that Elias loved to see. A young Jedi’s mind was like a sponge, but sometimes we forget to wring out old water and absorb something entirely new.

Each of the elements were enticing, every one of them playing on a part of Elias’ life. But there was no denying, both to himself and to the world, that water and lightning were the two that resonated most. Together, they were the two most prominent forces of nature on his homeworld. Genetia was nearly entirely covered in oceans, and what precious land there was had to be protected from the thunderous monsoons that could wrack the jungle and destroy their crops.

Mastery on both forces, what his people considered the marama and pouri - the light and dark - would be a deeply profound skill.

The golden crackle of electric judgement seemed to seal the deal.

Elias stepped slowly toward the first station, lightning, offering a kind smile to any students who’d join him. The Master had no qualms about becoming the student. Learning was a lifelong pursuit, and life is too short not to pick up something new every chance we get.

Tag: Vulpesen Vulpesen Ko Vuto Ko Vuto Elias Edo Elias Edo Dreidi Xeraic Dreidi Xeraic Shan Pavond Shan Pavond Tandi Preegasa Tandi Preegasa Toby Russen Toby Russen Ryana mina Ryana mina

The brief description of the differences between the force and magick didn't entirely help my lack of understanding, but it was a start. The differences between people made them interesting, like two predators, say, a wolf and a lion, different approaches, same result.

But maybe we are the naughtiest pair here.

"If you are talking about the dam, I think we decided that it it was illegal is wasn't against the rules." I laughed and raised a shoulder innocently. I was enjoying the pleasant connection that was forming to the woman I had met on Kashyyyk and feeling her attempting to calm my nerves was much appreciated.

I stood and walked to the stations myself looking at each one in turn, water, wood, stone or lightning? But how to decide, I glanced at Dreidi to see if she had an opinion herself. Lighting, nothing in nature there, stone... perhaps? Wood represented fire in this instance so I would have to pass on that. Water it was then, nature could not exist without water so if I was going to play the part of an elementalist I would pick that for today. I put fingers into the tankard and felt the cool liquid, swishing it around slightly as I waited at the work station to see what else happened.

Looking at the Arch Wilder I tried to make more of an assessment of who might be teaching us, I was having a tough time reading him as a person, but I could feel the power in him, I could also feel the power from a good number of the other people in the room and I suddenly felt like quite the novice amongst the other learners.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom