Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Campaign It Will Burn | TB Campaign of SJC held Dandoran, Nar Chunna, Nar Kreeta, Kintan & Klantooine

Syd Celsius Syd Celsius

Hey in your post #133 you wrote;

"Syd smashed through the attempts of the forces under the command of Galak Galak to block the Market exits, blasting flames and hurling debris, or beheading any who tried"

I'm gonna need you to edit this please for a few reasons;

#1 The marketplace exits are sprawled all across the city as the marketplace is under the city.
#2 Galak in his post #132 refers to the closest SJC exits, not the ones we are using.
#3 He asks Primarch Drek'ma Primarch Drek'ma to do it using the Dredge which hasn't even happened yet.

Thanks! C:

Mathieu Brion Mathieu Brion

Heyo, I enjoyed reading your post I just want to clarify a few things:

Your post seems to assume that the Hive Bombs (all four) have released their Sun Quaker gas and that you're moving the cloud, is that correct?

Assuming that you meant the Sun Quaker gas that is released/will be released by the Hive Bombs each Hive Bomb has enough gas to make a dense cloud that is ~500m in radius (second to last sentence of the Hive Bombs' submission under the Combat Function category).

If your character's intention is to do their very best to reduce the cloud cover or in someway manipulate that for drama and epic struggle -cool! However, if your intention as a writer is to negate the 4,000m cloud (combined total) then I won't be able to oblige that as it seems out of the reach of an exhausted Padawan.

Let me know your thoughts

Targant Howlain Targant Howlain

Hello, I am glad you enjoyed the read.

As for your question: No. I did not assume that all four pods had released the ink. I seem to remember that you wrote that some, if not all of the four pods were still inbound. A large cloud was, however spreading, so I figured that it could be pushed. I'm not sure about whether I'd say 'moving the cloud' or not. For clarity's sake, I think sticking to making wind start to shift and grow strong is a good way of describing it. This should have the power to sway clouds.

I tried to write in a line clarifying that it was impossible to tell what the effects would be across the field. That should leave you and the other writers enough room to do with it what you will - perhaps some spots and places will be liberated from the clouds, perhaps others will be covered in darkness or perhaps a few rays of sunshine can slip in here and there. At any rate, I will let you and the other writers dictate that.

What I then proceeded to write was that the ink clouds would not reach the spot that my current party is at which is quite reasonable.

Hopefully, this will have cleared things up for you, otherwise, I would be happy to keep trying.

You're correct that the Hive Bombs are still inbound, which lead to my confusion on what cloud you were referencing so then I assumed that perhaps you weren't attempting to stop the Hive Bombs descending and instead were dealing with the aftermath - which would be a cloud of gas. I think the cloud you're referring to is the Draeyde swarm - 300 good sized flying monsters in a swirling mass in the sky. My colorful language may have muddied what I was meaning. Still, if your character wants to pursue trying to shift the Draeyde, then that's fine - it'll just be a shock to him that it's not a cloud and instead a swarm of living creatures.

Unless you want to change your post in light that it's not actually a cloud and instead a swarm. Up to you, I'll post in a few hours. Thanks for keeping communication open, it always helps sort out confusion.

Targant Howlain Targant Howlain

I am happy to talk to you! Thank you for reaching out.

I did indeed interpret your post as there already being a cloud of ink on the field. Presumably, the 300 bats you have deployed survive because they are coated in the ink? We should probably be able to keep things as they are - since my character enhanced the winds in existence, some of the effects should still linger and have an impact that allows for the effects I described to happen under writer discretion. If not, I might spend a few paragraphs on it in my next post. If lucky, the strong winds might even make the ink coating dry faster.

At any rate, we should be able to keep things as is.

Caedyn Arenais

C
Galak Galak

Apologies once again but as I've read Primarch Drek'ma Primarch Drek'ma 's post, I'm having Caedyn fall back away from the Market Place to avoid being swallowed by your Wormy Pet Guardian ;)

I am however still game, and if you want to re-route to the outskirts of the Marketplace with us, I'll be more than happy to go toe to toe :)

Hey bud, I noticed in where you're writing with Argaloth that you're indicating that your group is far away enough to be outside of the shockwave soon when, in truth the shockwave from that cruiser would encompass the entire city and its outskirts.

Additionally, you guys are in the area of the ink shroud/cloud and the cruiser per numerous posts landed in the highest concentration of our forces which is exactly where that is.

Also, Galak in the city felt the shockwave, as did Drek and even Tathra & Gianna who are certainly the furthest away felt the shockwave.

Just thought I'd point out that even if it wasn't cataclysmic, I think you should've been effected by it somewhat.

Not really a hill to die on, so if you just don't want to that's okay. C:

Beltran Rarr Beltran Rarr Syd Celsius Syd Celsius Starlin Rand Starlin Rand

Just wanted to be clear well, the dredge didn't get all of the exits and I decided I'd wait another round till the Guardian shows up so you guys can escape the marketplace or try to or, do as you please. C:

So, just letting you know so you're not feeling like you're being driven into a corner! <3

I appreciate that! I'm thinking that Beltran will actually stay in the Marketplace and see about fighting the Servitor. :D

Tathra Khaeus Tathra Khaeus

Hello, thank you for reaching out to me and for moving this to the OOC chat.

I do not agree with you on the statement that the shockwave from the cruiser would encompass the entire city and its outskirts. The size of both of these are not clearly defined and I assume that part of the cause for this vagueness is to maximize writer freedom.

In addition, when reading your third paragraph, it looks to me like you view the field of battle as a straight line where someone who is in the city will be the furthest away from the shockwave. That view differs from mine. The way I view the outskirts of a city has more dimensions. The way I see it, outskirts tend to lay around the entire city and not only on one side of it. This means that we can be further away from the shockwave than the characters you mentioned.

Furthermore, I would like to point out that we are more than likely not where the concentration of Bryn forces is the highest. Early on, we established that our force was intercepting the force controlled by Argaloth. We have kept the number of troops relatively modest and we have not described a larger battle happening in our immediate vicinity which would have been natural if we were indeed near where the highest concentration of Bryn forces are.

With this said, I believe that the best path for us would be to maintain the current trajectory of our story. I believe it makes sense from both a logical and a narrative standpoint.

Thank you, once more for reaching out. I hope you find my perspective agreeable, if not, I would be glad to continue discussing the matter with you.

I understand where you're coming from, but you've having been in or in the proximity of Targant via the ink shroud and consequently where our reinforcements landed would place you well within the vicinity in my opinion, as the crashing site of the Cruiser was left up to our interpretation as we dictate where our forces are and that was thusly in the midst of the cloud.

However I won't push the matter. Writer freedom is important.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom