Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is the future set in stone?

Norrin Fisck

N
Jazbina, Two Months after Teth

Barrien was visiting the world on the outskirts of Echani space primarily because of the closeness of the Mandalorian Empire. He had a sort of relationship with the Mandalorians. In the sense that he happened to know one and think rather highly of her. So when a few of the Echani reached out to the Jedi for help in understanding what to do if the Mandalorians came, Barrien had volunteered for the task. He hadn't had a chance to visit the space of his ancestors as yet so he had jumped at the opportunity. Which might have been a bit forward.

As it was, he walked into a building, and approached the two Echani sitting at a table drinking fine spirits. They wore blades on their hips, and even though they appeared relaxed he could sense the tension about them. At any moment, if they so chose, they could spring from their seats and strike. He was impressed, but at the same time it distressed him. He knew that most Echani learned to fight not so that they could, but so that they could become closer to one another.

"Sisters," he said to the two women, seating himself. "I am Barrien Siegfried. The Jedi sent me to assist you."

"You are partially Echani," the senior of the two said.

"I am, Barrien agreed. I believe the Queen is my half sister. We share the same father," he said, looking between the two. "I assure you that won't interfere in me doing my duties."

"You are the son of Kamon?"

"I am."

"Interesting. Do you know why you are here?"

"It is my understanding that you have concerns about the Mandalorian expansion plans, and would like our help in dealing with matters."

"Mostly. We want to know what you know of their military capabilities. We know some of you were at Teth recently."

Barrien blinked. He wasn't sure how to reapond to that.

[member="Beth Australis-Mantis"]

Beth had kind of ran away. In a way that she left everyone know she was leaving, but in a way that they really couldn't say anything to her as she ran out of the door and jumped on the most random shuttle off Mandalore. A credit chit and passport in hand, she only knew where she was headed when she got the ticket from the booth. Really, she should bug someone about getting her own ship... It wasn't the greatest to just be jumping on random transport whenever she wanted to leave the system. But it was the only thing that would do the trick for now. She doubted her father or mother would want to get her anything like that after this...

It probably wasn't the smartest idea to jump ship and leave - considering she only brought her blaster, her personal absorption belt shield, and a backpack of clothes. She left her armor because she wasn't planning on getting into a situation where she would need it, anyways. Plus, she had the Force. Surely she would be okay so long as she could call upon it, have her belt on, and have her blaster at the ready.

Beth, though, really wanted some time away from it all. From education, from physical training to Force training. She really just needed a short, small vacation for a bit. She planned to return in a week or so, plus she had her comms systems with her in case they needed to reach her. She would face her punishment when she returned - for now, she would enjoy the small adventure she found herself on. Exploring the galaxy, like in all the tales! Except, not actually finding new places as much as just being a tourist.

One small problem, though, was their transport ship ended up having some type of system issue and had to set down on the world of Jazbina. It was on the outskirts of Mandalorian and Echani space. An interesting little spot, considering the famed rivalry between the two cultures. Luckily, Beth didn't exactly look like a typical Mandalorian - especially since she wore a simple pair of jeans with a gray shirt. The only thing out of the ordinary was the blaster that was holstered on her hip. And who didn't have some type of weapon on them, especially considering how the galaxy was nowadays? With the Chaos spreading from nation to nation, the Galactic Alliance crumbling, and so forth.

The desert world of Jazbina had been stirring up a sandstorm through its large deserts, slowly beginning to whip around in the air. As such, she wandered the streets until she found what seemed like some type of hotel or food place. She could at least hide out the storm that was brewing. She stepped into the building and she shook off some of the sand. Her long ears pointed with the excitement of being in a new place.

She walked in on them at the end of their conversation.

"Oh."

[member="Barrien Siegfried"]

Norrin Fisck

N
"Oh."

He recognized that voice and turned around to see Beth there. Quickly he turned back around, trying to think on how to handle this situation. She wasn't wearing armor, but undoubtedly these Echani were privy to intelligence on certain persons. He had a really bad feeling about this situation going south really quickly. In fact it was more than a feeling, he sensed the shift almost immediately. They had recognized her and were going to take the opportunity before them.

"Run, Beth."

He barely got that out before the oldedt one moved, a blade in her hand so fast he hadn't even seen her draw it. Fortunately he had already been moving, sliding out of his sest withlittle effort to block their passage.

"Leave her be. This is still a free world. Don't starta war you don't need."

Of course they ignored him, the eldest dancing to try and getaround him while the youngest tried to slip around him as well. While he was good, and probably as fast as they were, he wasn't fast enough to take on the both of them. Not at the same time at least. It left him no other choice but to employ the Force in this situation. He hadn't wanted to get embroiled in an incident, but then he thought he was supposed to be stopping a war, not giving them intel.

He reached through the Force and knocked the younger one off her line and into a table off to the side. At the same time, he swept in front of the oldest to block her path again.

"Stand aside, boy. This doesn't concern you."

"It does concern me. I am a Jedi Knight that you called here under the pretense of stopping a war," he said, dancing out of harm as the woman swung her sharp blade at him. "I am a mediator and protector of the peace. You are breaking the peace,attempting to accost someone. I am duty bound to stop you, as such is against the law here."

While he did count Beth as a friend, he wasn't protecting her because of that. Even that attachment couldn't keep him from doing his job. She could defend herself. He was certain she could. Jazbina was a sovereign world, though. It had laws and these two were attempting to break them.As someone charged with upholding the peace, he had to stop it. Plus he didn't want to see her hurt. And also he felt these two deserved to be stopped for what they had been trying to do.

He continued to back towards the door, buying her as much time as he could while peacibly holding them off.

Beth stared for a moment, at Barrien then towards the other two Echanis. It was pretty clear they were Echani based on their physical attributes. Beth, personally, didn't really care for the feuds between the two cultures. People were people and the rest didn't matter too much to her. If they did wrong by her, fine. She wasn't even sure where the Mandalorian Empire would expand next - it wasn't like it was something that came up between them during tea or what have you. Even now, Beth was slightly ignorant to the culture feud as she stared at the two Echanis and Barrien then back towards the door.

Her ears naturally pulled back, defensive as fear struck her face. Why did they recognize her...? Was she really that well known to people outside of Mandalore? Heck, she didn't even think she was well known to people on Mandalore itself. It wasn't like she actively looked for popularity or such. She just was living her life - studying, training, working through this crazy thing called life in a chaotic galaxy. Why would they want anything to do with her? Softly, quietly, she said inquisitively, "Barrien? What's going on...?"

Beth walked backwards as quickly as she could, careful to keep her eyes on them as Barrien jumped up. Why was he with them to begin with? A pained look shot across her face as she backed against the door. She quickly began to take in the Force inside and around her, strengthening her connection in case she had to defend herself. She put one hand on her pistol.

She went ahead and began to charge her ability, the emerald colored lightning beginning to flicker off her free hand as she began to open the door leading to the exit. She slipped out, breathing slightly heavily from the adrenaline rush. She stayed next to the door in case Barrien needed assistance. She wasn't sure what he was doing there, too. Was he apart of their group? Was he apart of some type of conspiracy against Mandalorians? It wasn't like they were engaging in their space or even remotely bothering them. They might be if she was kidnapped by a bunch of Echani's, though.

She stayed quiet, fully pressed against the wall as she carefully listened. So far, it looked like he was defending her - at least from what she could hear from the room. Something about being a protector of peace and that he was duty bound to uphold the law. That was fair enough, but still. She just hoped she wasn't about to be in for a rude awakening with her friend.

Norrin Fisck

N
Barrien continued to fight them off until he had managed to back his way out the door. With a flick of his hand he caused it to shut. Another flick and he had punched the door controls withtheForce, jamming them for the moment. It wouldn't hold forever, but it would buy some time and that was what he was looking for. He hadn't been anticipating having to dral with armed forces when he came to the world, but nothing ever seemed to go the way that he wanted it to.

When he turned to look at her, he noticed the electricity crackling around her hand.

"Calm thyself," he said, gently taking her by the arm. "Thou shouldst keepeth a low profile."

Jazbina was not the destination planet one would expect for Echani, so it was unlikely that they would have to deal with others. If anything they needed to worry about running into Thyrsians and getting caught in the middle of that cultural feud. The sector of the galaxy that they were in was a very complicated one politically. He did not envy his sister having to deal with that situation, and it was all the more reason for him to stay away unless he couldn't.

He took a deep breath and then started walking.

"Distance. We need distance."

She probably had questions. He did as well, but for the moment his priority was to get her away and safe in order to avoid a scene being brought forth that endangered bystanders. He didn't want to see the Echani hurt and he didn't want to see Beth hurt. There was no reason for such violence and to be honest, he didn't think there was any merit to the feud between their people's. It seemed more of a sign of weakness that they feuded over petty things.

This was not what he had expected. He just wanted to help people to avoid fighting. He wasn't going to be giving people intelligence to help them kill other people. That was not nrgotiable. He wanted everyone safe.

Beth stayed against the wall, her breathing finally pacing as onlookers began to slightly get intrigued by the commotion from inside the building. They could hear yelling, and the noise from the fighting. It didn't help that the electricity shot around Beth's fingers. She was ready, in case something happened. She wasn't afraid to fight to them. She was just still shocked that [member="Barrien Siegfried"] had been there with them. Granted, the halfling didn't expect people to actually recognize her at all. It... Made sense, that she would. But, still, Beth didn't have any power in the Empire. She was just a girl who happened to have extremely high ranked parents.

She saw Barrien come out and shut the door, jamming it. She stared at him for a moment, her ears still pulled back. She nodded a little, cutting the electricity off. His wording was surprisingly comforting, even though she was slightly freaked out. She could only imagine how he might feel, in truth. She slightly jumped as the Echanis banged on the jammed door. She felt Barrien's hand on her arm and she began to follow him as they began to walk briskly away from the two people.

She followed him, nodding. "Yeah, we... We should probably get away from here," she said quietly.

She looked behind her as she continued to follow him, looking back towards the jammed door. She could see it slowly breaking. It would only be minutes before they were out. Did they really have time? "We... We need to hide, they're almost out I think..." She glanced towards Barrien. She hoped that he knew this planet and its cities more so than she did.

"An alley? Or something we could hide in until they pass?" She wasn't sure the best course of action. She could tell he wanted to avoid conflict and particularly wanted to ensure that no bystanders ended up getting involved. She agreed with that, entirely. Innocents getting hurt would upset both of them. And honestly, she wasn't really in the mood to fight anyone. She just wanted to get out, explore, and destress from everything going on. It seemed, though, she did not have the best of luck.

Norrin Fisck

N
Hiding was probably the best idea. These two would be aearching for quite some time, and he had just made enemies of them. Whether they really represented his sisteror bot he didn't know, but he didn't really wabt to find out either. Facing Spencer again would just solidify her as his sister and form an attachment that he didn't want interfering with his job as a Jedi. Sure, he cared about her to some extent, but he would sacrifice her to save others if he had to.

Granted, he would honestly do the same with Beth. He would hate it, but if he could save more lives than one at the risk of someone he cared about, he had to do it. At the moment he didn't have to risk anyone's life and, in fact, was pretty sure that he knew a way to save everyone's life and avoid causing a tuckus in the process. She just had to trust him. So when she mentioned an alley, he maneuvered them into one and quickly so. The door wasn't going to hold much longer at all.

"Up on the roof," he said, cupping his hands and holding them for her to use as a push off. "Lie flat up there."

Once she was up, he used the Force to jump up after her, sliding gis lance off as he landed. He lay down on his back, lance beside him. Most of the buildings in the area were not particularly tall, which gave them at least some reprieve. Given the climate, the roof was also flat. Provided they didn't make a lot of noise, and were willing to endure the heat, they should be alright for at least a little while.

"I apologize for the sisters. I think they were too aggressive
They also led me here under false pretense, though. They might just be bad people."

He turned his head to look at her.

"Didn't expect to see you here, though. Is the Empire coming here?"

Beth was nervous about the whole situation, although she really had no choice but to trust [member="Barrien Siegfried"] at the moment. She never felt like he was someone who would help instigate something between the Mandalorians and the Echani. There was one thing Beth learned during her so far relatively short life. Some people were all about tricks and other things. But, it still didn't make sense that they attacked Barrien too. Beth recognized the irrationality in her thinking - after all, she was practically jogging through the streets with him to hide from their chasers who would... Well, either kidnap her or kill her. And probably him now, too.

She went behind Barrien into the alley. She nodded an understanding, putting one foot on his hand and then jumping, pulling herself up onto the roof. She laid down as flat as she could, maneuvering herself so she was closer to the center of the building. It would be harder for them to see if they weren't at the edge, after all. The wind continued to pick up, sand flying all around them. She hated hot, sandy planets like this. That transport just had to land here...

She glanced towards him once he was up on the roof next to her. "I think I'm going to have to agree with you with the whole aggressive part," she said quietly in return. After all, once they saw her, it was like they had found themselves a five-star meal. "I didn't think people knew me like that..." The idea that a bunch of people knew what she looked like by heart made her even more nervous than before. "Why were you here?" She asked, hopefully not sounding too accusatory.

She shook her head, folding her arms and resting her head on them. "I was ship jumping, just to get away for a bit. The transport had some mechanical issues so they had to land here." She paused, perking a brow, "Are they worried we're coming...? We wouldn't do anything without talking diplomatically with worlds governments first, anyways..." She thought about to the Dathomir witches and the Hapans. Both were under the Mandalorian Empire but retained almost all autonomy. They weren't cultural crusaders, after all.

Norrin Fisck

N
Ship jumping. That could be dangerous. He did it fron time to time because he couldn't fly a ship. Public transportation was fairly reliable, though dangerous at times. Fortunately he was more than capable of handling himself in dangerous situations. Still, the fact that they had gotten brought together by such random circumstances did seem odd. Could it ha e been a setup by a faction of Echani? Unlikely. They weren't meeting and they had no relationship outside of a friendly one.

Still, it was curious.

"The Echani sent a request to the Jedi for mediation. I was available so came to answer their request. When I arrived, I met with them and they said they wanted to know about your military capabilities. That was right before you showed up."

He stared up at the sky, not worrying about the Echani. The noise on the street would cover their conversation, and they weren't visible. Slightly awkward with the two of them lying on the roof together. Normally that sort of thing didn't happen. In fact, it never happened for him. Fortunately, this was just for the moment and just so he could make sure that no violence erupted and Beth remained safe and healthy. He didn't particularly want her parents coming after him anyway.

Nevermind the fact that if something happened to her it would be difficult for him to deal with just being her friend. The last time he had dealt with significant loss was when his mother had died. The result of that had been unbridled violence. He wouldn't do that again, mostly because he couldn't. He wouldn't. Life just wouldn't allowbit anymore. Not with the beliefs he held.

"I don't think they are worried. If you fight them, they will fight you tooth and nail in return. I don't trust that these two represent the majority, but its hard to argue with either."

"Diplomacy should be attempted regardless of their hostilities, though. At least give them a chance."

Beth loved an adventure. Granted, she wasn't expecting to be added by Echani or be stranded on a hot sand ridden planet, either. She simply didn't have a personal ship - she could only rely on public transportation between planets unless she was traveling with one of her parents or brother. Or some other official from the Mandalorian Empire. In either case, she enjoyed public transport. She could meet people, see people, and learn from a variety of cultures as she traveled. One of her favorite things is to simply people watch.

In either case, they were in a bit of a different pickle. It was strange what had happened, but it wasn't in their power to question things. Beth had a resounding belief that things happened for a reason, after all. It was strange that the Echani had requested Jedi for mediation though. She wasn't aware of any plans for the Empire to expand there - at least, to her knowledge. But that ultimately didn't matter. The Empire always reached out to diplomatically before engaging in war. During Yasha's reign, they have not invaded any planet without first discussing diplomatic options first.

She doubted that would change anytime soon. "The Echani? Do you think they represented the Echani government or just a couple spies or something?" She asked a bit nervously but more normal. He spoke normally, so she assumed it was safe to do so. It was toasty, but at least there was a good wind blowing over them. She continued to look towards [member="Barrien Siegfried"] as she thought. Beth could fight the two Echani, but she imagined she would probably be injured during it. Her Eldorai made her weaker, physically, to most other species. Despite her training, she still bruised easily and could be injured easier than most. Plus, she had no armor. She was in everyday clothes.

"Despite what people think, we really don't just go conquer everything and everyone we see," she said thoughtfully as she looked over the building and towards the street. "I just hope they weren't actual agents of their government." It took a moment, but she perfected a brow, "Wait, are you Echani, too?" It didn't' really bother her if he was or not, but she was curious about his heritage now. She knew of the world he was from (plus, she may have searched it after the Battle of Teth to learn more about.) In either case, she nodded, "I mean, we aren't about to invade them or anything. I don't even think they're looking at Echani in terms of expansion." She shrugged a little, "Granted, I may not know exactly what goes on in the secret meetings and stuff."

Norrin Fisck

N
Was he Echani? By blood he was a quarter, true, but he hadn't been raised in the way of the Echani and he hadn't ever even met his father. So in the truest sense of the word, he was not. But he was. It was complicated. His whole family was complicated. His half sister was the Queen of the Echani, and his half brother was who knew where. It was just a very complicated mess to deal with and he wasn't really sure how to explain it.

"I am part Echani," he said, thrning his gaze skyward. "The Queen is my sister."

It wasn't a big deal to him. She was the sister he had met once and she had tried to kill him in that meeting. It wasn't a very nice memory, and definitely didn't create any attachment issues for him.

"As for those two, I'm not sure. I kind of doubt it, but I am not privy to much of what goes on in the sister worlds. I've never really paid attention to that part of my past."

Chiefly he had no desire to explore it. Family was grest, but it wasn't for him. Spend any time getting to know family and he would develop an attachment to them that would challenge his objectivity when dealing with situations during the course of his life as a Jedi. So while yes, it would be nice to know family, he wasn't going to make an effort to get to know them. Though he kind of wished he was since Echani worlds were colder than this.

"I hope night comes soon. Otherwise we might age prematurely."

Beth rolled onto her side. She used one arm to prop her head up so she could watch the man next to her. She was close enough to the middle that no one should be able to see her from over the building unless they decided to get on top of buildings themselves. In truth, the girl wasn't really all that aware of the feud that went on between the Echani and Mandalorian cultures. She knew of it, sure, but she really had no idea how deep it was (if it even was rooted.) Beth was an optimist - she hoped most people wouldn't judge someone just because of their species or culture. She rationally knew that wasn't the case but in a perfect world.

She perked a brow, one ear twisting slightly. Was he royalty, then? She hadn't meant for the confusion to spread across her face, but she was never one to have a poker face. "Oh.. So... Oh." She nibbled her lip as she thought in silence for a moment. She expected him to have something to do with the Echani since he was, well, summoned by them. But, he definitely didn't seem raised in Echani culture, for whatever that was worth. But still, if the Queen was his sister that meant he was royalty. Prince of the Echani? She really had no idea how titles went in their culture.

She nodded, exhaling with relief as he said he wasn't sure. Not sure was much better than sure, despite him not really knowing. "I get that. Have you ever met your sister before?" She rolled back over onto her stomach. She used her hands to start playing with the sand in front of her. Sometimes pasts just weren't meant to be explored, in truth. She had a whole side of her biological mothers that she knew nothing about - and in truth, it may be better that way.

She grinned a bit, "Yeah, of all planets, we had to get stuck on the roof of one that is blazing hot. Maybe we can sneak off the back?" Really, what kind of luck was that?

Norrin Fisck

N
"Met her once at Roche when the Republic spaced a bunch of civilians including a prominant Rekali, if I remember right," he said, frowning in thought. "She tried to kill me."

That was a rather annoying memory. Not that he was annoyed with Beth for asking. More like he was annoyed with his sister for trying to kill him because he looked like their father. What kind of person wanted to kill their own parent so much? He couldn't imagine it. But worst of all, Spencer had seemed nothing at all like what he had expected from his father's children. She was... wrong in many ways.

"As much as I want to get off this roof. I think we should wait until nightfall to be safe."

Honestly, she seemed rather interested in his family history. In fact, she seemed rather interested period. Of course that could have been because there wasn't anything else to do but chat. It was hot and they were hiding from two pretty crazy Echani that had gone all attack as soon as they had seen Beth. Not only rude, but utterly uncalled for. She didn't deserve it. Of course, he didn't understand the animosity between them so he wasn't the best to judge.

Though as he was thinking he realized he was also staring at her, and quickly averted his eyes. No attachments. They could be friends but if he acknowledged her beauty it would be inappropriate given her age, but also because he couldn't. Besides, he was supposed ti be keeping her safe, not admiring her features.

"If you're wondering, I am not royalty among the Echani, but I am on the world I'm from. There I am a Baron of House Siegfried. I have no desire to be anything among the Echani. I wish my sister well, but am content in my station."

She nodded slowly. She let her gaze go back to the many people that were filtering through the streets - species of all different shapes and sizes, just going about their day. And of course, crazy Echani that were hunting them down like their lives depended on it. Beth couldn't blame them for wanting her, though. She would at least be somewhat valuable to them. Just imagine if they were part of the Echani government and they managed to get ahold of the Mand'alor's daughter... She suddenly regretted her little excursion. She also realized how much trouble she was probably going to be in whenever she finally came back home. Oh well, too late to worry about that now.

She knew about the spacing of the civilians at Roche. Roche was an insanely important holy site for the Mandalorian Empire. Not only for that, but for various other reasons as well. Historically, it was a type of graveyard. Maybe one day it would be under Mandalorian control again. In the meantime, they could only pay their respects by traveling to it and returning to Mandalorian space afterward. "Your sister tried to kill you?" That seemed... Interesting. She perked a brow and glanced towards Barrien. "Why would she do that...?"

Sheesh, she thought she had some confusing family stuff going on. At least no one in her family had literally tried to kill her. Well, at least to her knowledge, anyway. She frowned at his recommendation but nodded. It made sense - it was much safer to be on top of the roof. Plus, at least there was a strong wind to somewhat keep them from dying of heat strokes. "I still can't get over that they just knew me like that." She shivered at the thought of other less than savory people wanting to harm her or her family. And now, she had to worry about Barrien somehow getting caught up in some type of crazy plot. She wouldn't be able to forgive herself if she somehow got him into a mess.

She gave Barrien a soft, small smile before he averted his eyes. Then, he explained that he wasn't royalty among the Echani. "Oh, that's pretty cool. I mean, I'm kinda glad to hear that you don't want to be apart of the Echani considering what just happened," she said honestly. After all, it wouldn't bode well for her fate if he was. "I read some about your world on the HoloNet. It seems like a quiet little place. Do you visit often?"

Norrin Fisck

N
"I apparently reminded her of our father and she really wanted to kill him, not me," he said, frowning. "I have a very complicated family."

Understatement of the century. He caught her little smile and had to admit that the way she smiled was kind of charming. But he said nothing of it out of reapect for her and for her parents. Not causing an international incident was high on the list as well. While the age of consent varied from world to world, he respected her too much. Even if she were to thrust herself at him he would have to decline out of respect for her.

Wait. Why was he even thinking about that? What was going on? It had to be the heat. Yes, had to be that.

"There is information on Oaken Dawn on the holonet?"

Change the subject before you say something stupid and end up in a situation like your father was in. Maybe that wouldn't be so bad. If she were older. Focus! He took a breath and stared up at the sky. She surprised him,though, researching his homeworld. What would possess her to do that? Surely the eay he spoke wasn't intriguing enough for her to look it up. For that matter, if the information was out there, why hadn't anyone come to free them of the Empire?

"I wonder why no one ever came to trouble the Empire there. Backwater or not we could use the freedom. Maybe then I could visit home once before being exiled."

She perked a brow. Wow, what a crazy family. He wasn't kidding about complicated. At least no one in her family had tried to kill each other. In truth, it was really the opposite. They almost always aimed to help each other - even if it backfired spectacularly. Her father was a prime example - using the dark side to save Adara, Yasha's daughter. It tainted the child with the dark side, but at least she was alive and well. All of this running through Beth's mind ran into another question for [member="Barrien Siegfried"].

"Why did your sister want to kill him so badly...?" She paused, rolling onto her back finally and staring up at the sky. "If you don't mind sharing, I don't want to intrude or anything." She quickly professed. She didn't mean to pry, she was genuinely curious. Isn't that how friendships were made, anyway? Plus, they were trapped on top of a roof with literally nothing else to do.

She nodded, surprised that he was curious. "You can find literally anything on the HoloNet," she laughed quietly. "It's not a lot, but yeah, there is some information." She watched as the wind caused what looked like little spirals in the sand. Despite the heat, sandy, and soon to be sunburnt, the planet was fairly pretty. It would be a nice place to visit if she was in a hotel room or a hovercraft with climate controls. Regrettably, they were on top of a roof in the blazing heat. That made it kinda terrible. She let her hand go towards her necklace as she stared upwards, slowly caressing the small Nabooian statuettes.

She shrugged a little at his question. "I mean... I don't think it's something people would find unless they knew about it already. I don't mean any offense by that. It just seems like a quiet world. Not like a lot of stuff happened. I mean, I'm not saying stuff doesn't. I'm just..." She was getting tongue-tied in her hopes of not offending him of his homeworld. Truly, from what she read, it was a lovely planet. She just didn't think that other nations probably even heard of it, in all honesty. She didn't really want to say that, though so she just let her words run off. Maybe he would let it drop or something.

Norrin Fisck

N
"I do not know," he answered [member="Beth Australis-Mantis"] truthfully. "She never said and things got hectic right after she stopped trying to kill me."

In other words, that was about the time that everything went to hell in a handbasket thanks to someone's stupid decision to space people. He hadn't seen Spencersince that brief run in and he was entirely alright with that fact. Not seeing them was the o ly way to avoid making things worse, and to avoid developing the attachment that nearly killed him eay back before he had left Oaken Dawn to join the Jedi.

She said there wasn't a lot of information and that he believed. He nodded his head and let hands rest at his sides as he drew the Force in to calm his sun weary body. Truthfully it was insanely hot, but he had no intention of leaving the roof until it was dark. By then the Echani should have given up and he could at least help Beth get a room and get settled. Judging by solar trajectory it would be dark soon enough.

"It's alright, Beth. My home is kept secret by those who control it
We are a different society from what you are used to. I am a noble, but we are not a monarchy. We are an Oligarchy. There is essentially a council of Marquis' who oversee the goings on. My family is the largest and controls the most territory. It has been that way for a long time."

Long before he had ever been alive had his family become the largest. To some it made thrm a target, but to others a valuable ally. For the Imperials it meant his family was bolstered in order to control the majority of territory through his house and those of allied houses. The Empire enjoyed stability, and on Oaken Dawn they got what they wanted because nobody could stop them. Most didn't see a reason to. Only every so often when women disappeared did anyone even care.

He cared, though. One day he would see his home liberated and his people freed.

"Tell me about you and your family. How did you come to be the daughter of a general and your leader? What is that like?"

Beth sighed as she imagined that type of family. A sibling trying to kill a parent. She'd just never fully understand, considering all the things that had happened to kids near her. Really, her family had terrible luck. From Adara to Dimitri, it was just... Bad luck, all around. Her little family had a pretty hard time catching a break, but at least they had a good 5 years or so without anything terrible happening. But still, it was curious that [member="Barrien Siegfried"] had no idea about why his sister wanted to kill her father. It was... Interesting, to say the least.

Beth put both of her arms over her face in a type of cover. She closed her eyes, cheeks a bit red at her embarrassment. He took it well though and reassured her that he didn't take any hurt from it. He simply explained a lot of information. "I mean, they might be paying or using slicers to keep information on it low on the HoloNet, too. There is plenty of ways someone can use the HoloNet." The HoloNet was awesome, amazing, and tons of fun but it had its downsides after all.

In either case, his family controlled most of the territory? That was pretty impressive. It was definitely different, but she could see some parallels to modern society in it. Well, at least in terms of their governance. What made him choose to leave a life like that for a life as a Jedi? That would be a question she'd have to ask him at some point.

Now, though, he asked about her family. Oh man... Where could she even start? "Umm, well... My dad is Kaine. I was born on Mygeeto but Kaine didn't know and my biological mom just left me there. So, he came back about 11 years later and found me. Anyway, a few months later he destroyed a bunch of bral on Mandalore and used the Force so he was imprisoned for 5 years. And in that time, Yasha adopted me after he was incarcerated. We're a weird, but awesome little family." As such, she lived in the palace, near her father. She saw him almost every day. She had a luxury most others couldn't afford. "That's like the short and dirty version, anyways," she shrugged a little.

It was kind of weird talking about herself like that.

Norrin Fisck

N
So her mother left her, her father came back and found her, then was thrown in prison and she was adopted by the Mand'alor. That was a heck of a story. In some ways similar to his own, but in most ways different. Her family had embraced her despite how she had come into the picture. His family had ultjnately shunned him because of how he came to be. In some ways he wished his family had been more like hers, but generally he was glad things turned out the way they had.

Elsewise he'd still be on Oaken Dawn.

"That is also complicated," he said as a shadow passed overthem.

A few clouds were building on the horizon. He figured they had a few hours before a storm hit. By that point they woukd be safe to move, but they'd have to find somewhere for her to stay. Or else he would sleep on the floor in his room and she could take the bed. Probably safer that way. Though he suspected that they would be watching the place so maybe that wasn't a good idea. No, they'd find a room somewhere else where she could sleep and he could keep watch.

Either way, when they moved they would have to be quick about it. He estimated another fifteen minutes and dusk would be upon them. At least it was starting to cool down as a result of that. He was really quite thirsty, though.

"We can go soon but I would like for you to stay with me tonight so I can make sure no one bothers you."

It was interesting to think about how different lives they led. Granted, he was a bit older than her and had more experience, but still. The idea of how different their footsteps had been, regardless of age, was intriguing. Although, Beth was firmly glad that she did not have [member="Barrien Siegfried"]'s family. It just seemed... Too complicated. And not enough love. In some ways, it made her sad. Despite all the crazy stuff that happened with her family, they all loved each other to pieces. There was not enough love to be passed around between her little family. But he seemed to accept it. And that was ultimately the most important thing.

She giggled a little bit at his statement, "Yeah, but... At least not, you know, getting attacked and nearly murdered kinda complicated." To be fair, Beth did initially try to trick Kaine into buying her food the first time they met. Well, she tried to trick him into buying her a few days worth of food. He caught her trick, which was part of the Force, and that's when he knew that she was his daughter. It was, in truth, the best day of Beth's life - she was out of a small tent on a freezing cold world and in an actual home. It seemed so long ago now. "I don't think I'd ever change anything, though. Everything has worked out, even the bad pieces."

The cooling weather was a relief for Beth. She was thirsty, hungry, and the worst part sandy. She rolled over onto her side and faced towards Barrien. A rooftop was not a very comfortable place to lay on. Particularly in sweltering heat, with no water. "Do you think they'd still be looking for us..?" Sheesh, if they were, she had to give them mad props for determination. Beth would have given up 15 minutes into the search with this heat.

She nodded agreement. She could take care of herself, of course, but she didn't' know this world or what those Echani were capable of. It seemed safer to group with him. Plus, she had questions about his Jedi stuff. She checked her comms, mainly checking to see if she had any notifications from the transport team yet. Nope. "They said it might take a day... Or a couple of days... Before the transport would be ready. But another transport is coming in tomorrow, just going to a different place."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom