Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is the future set in stone?

Norrin Fisck

N
"True," he said, admitting that his family was more complicated than hers.

It was hard not yo be when you had a father who was very old and had, over the years, met several women he produced offspring with. Spencer and Aston were the exception as, from ehst he ubderstood, they had been planned. He had done some digging and was aware that their mother had been with someone else and wouldn't have cheated, which meant there had been something done with the Force to make them happen.

For him, it had been a fling with a young, betrothed woman when Kamon had come across their world. Undoubtedly he hadn't expected anything to come of that encounter, and his mother had no way of telling him about Barrien. He faulted his fsther not for that. Truthfully, there were probably others out there related to him as well. That was bice to know, but he felt no attachment to them, and had no desire to seek them out.

"I doubt that they would stop until we get you off the planet,to be honest. Echani are pretty meticulous. One of them is probably at the spaceport and the other at my accomodations. They probably estimate we will go to one or the other at nightfall."

He glanced over st her and noted a few bits of sand in her hair, so he reached out and quickly brushed them away. Sand was an irritant, and he didn't want it dropping down into her eyes.It was not meant as an affectionate gesture, but it could easily be thought of as one since he didn't explain ehat he was doing. Either way, he sat up since the light was dimming, then turned around and crept to the edge of the roof to look into the street below. It seemed alright.

"We are probably safe to move, if you're ready. I know I could use some water and a cool shower."

[member="Beth Australis-Mantis"]

She responded with a simple nod to his statement that his family was, indeed, more complicated. Complicated, in truth, seemed a bit like an understatement considering the family murder that had almost occurred between him and his sister. Who was supposed to be his dad.

Beth had no idea who was her mother. Or anything about her. All she knew was that she left her on the doorstep of an orphanage with a note that had her first and middle name. She had intentionally left out the last name, either out of not wanting the orphanage to know who the father was or, and most likely, she simply didn't know. It had been a fling gone wrong, after all. Beth, in truth, was curious about her mother and that side of the family, but she had no idea where to start. She could look to the Eldorai homeworld, but it went through some kind of cataclysm or something. Beth had briefly looked it up but quit searching almost as soon as she started. It seemed like it might create more problems, anyways.

Beth was happy with her family - her adopted mom, her dad, her siblings. Her biological mother was never there, through her own fault. And, not to mention, Beth had a loving, awesome family anyway.

She groaned slightly at [member="Barrien Siegfried"]'s reply. The Echani probably wouldn't give up until they were positive she was off the planet. That was just... Great. That meant the spaceport was off limits. And it meant that the place hew as staying was unavailable. They would have to find a place to hide out for the night. "I don't get it. I mean, I do. But I'm really not that valuable in the whole grand scheme of things." She was confident that Kaine and Yasha both would make a decision that would keep the Mandalorian Empire strong over Beth. And she accepted and understood it was their responsibility.

She smiled as he brushed the sand off of her hair, curious as to why he did it. She wasn't sure how to react. After all, she wasn't used to people outside of her little family, anyways. Next, she moved beside him, peering down on the street below. "Alright.. Here goes," she whispered, quietly jumping off the roof and landing with a soft thud on the ground below.

Norrin Fisck

N
Barrien was going to suggest they go off the back of the building, but she made the choice to go off the front. He shrugged and followed [member="Beth Australis-Mantis"] off the roof, landing beside her and straightening once again. He lifted his hand and called his lance down from the roof, grasping it and clipping it to his back once again. A gentle nudge of her arm directed her back in the direction of the earlier altercation.

Both the spaceport and his place of temporary residence were in the opposite direction so they certainly could not head in that direction. Thankfully, he had done some digging when he arrived. Truly, he had never before been to the world, and as such he didn't want to be caught unawares. He read about a hotel on the outskirts. It was a bit seedy, but it was a good place for them to hide out. People would ask less questions there.

"You know that, but they do not," he said when there were less ears to hear them. "It could be worse than that, though. I know the feud runs deep. They may have harmed you. Publicly."

It was pure speculation, but it was possible. Either way, he didn't slow down. There was safety ahead, even if only temporary. He refused to allow her to be harmed. So they made their way to the placeand he secured them a single room. Naturally he got some interesting looks considering Beth's apparent age. But nobody said anything, which almost made him angry. It probably meant some things happened in that place that shouldn't be happening. He would make a point of reporting it.

Either way, they went up to the room,and he let her in folirst before glancing up and down the hall and then following. Once he closed the door and sealed it, he looked around the room, and checked the places he expected there to be cameras. He found one, and promptly destroyed it.

"Alright, I think we are alright."

Beth was, after all, young and a bit naive to the world. She also had an optimism that life was good and that good would always triumph, even in the direst of circumstances. She did know that good and evil could easily be decided upon by someone's interpretation. What might be evil to one, might be good to another and so forth. But there were universal evils - like bombing a wildlife reserve orbitally, for example. Everyone had to believe that was evil and if they didn't, well, Beth wasn't sure how to feel about it. As such, she just assumed and hoped that the Echani that were hunting for her were somewhere else.

Jumping into the middle of the front was probably not a good idea, but it was too late to pull back now. She nodded, perked brow and long ear at his nudge. She simply followed him, "How are we going to leave...? If they're as determined as you say, they probably won't leave the spaceport... And Goddess knows how far away, or even if there is, another one on the planet..."

It was something to consider, after all. He answered her earlier question which caused concern and worry to show across her face. She looked to [member="Barrien Siegfried"], clearly worried about what he meant. "What do you mean public...?" Like... Hanged her in the middle of the town square or something? That probably wouldn't be a great way to go, but she could think of worse ways. Like being thrown into a burning building or something. She did have a slight fear of being burned to death, in truth.

Soon, though, they were in a hotel room. It was... Sketchy, to say the least. It was safe though and that counted for something. Once they were inside the room, Beth immediately jumped onto the bed. "Do... Do you think they have service or something?" She was starving. And extremely thirsty. Plus, she could already feel the sunburn tingling on her skin. She could fix that, probably later. Maybe it would tan, though. That wouldn't be too bad.

She was curious as to what he was searching for - and subsequently destroyed, "Was that a camera...?" That was... Creepy.

Norrin Fisck

N
He hadn't quite figured out how they were going to get her off the planet yet, so he didn't really answer that question. It was going to be tricky at best. He would figure it out overnight, probably. For the moment, all he wanted was to get them settled, and take a shower, and get something to eat. She was right about the food,but he didn't trust this place to give them something that wasn't laced with a sedative that could lead to them being robbed and her sold into slavery.

Not a risk he was going to take.

He also chose not to answer her question about the public. Partly because he didn't really think his sister would condone such a thing, but also because he didn't want her thinking about such a thing. She didn't need to be fretting over horrible things. He would protect her from that to his fullest extent. That was part of what it meant to be a Jedi. Sometimes your role really was just to help with your friend.

"It was a camera, yes," he said eventually. "As for food, I can go get something. I don't trust this place for food."

He checked the fresher really quick, just to make sure, but he didn't find anything there. Whoever had been watching the room probably was spying for theft reasons. He wasn't taking chances, though. They wouldn't be getting anything from them anytime soon. Either way, when he returned he stopped near the door, not removing any of his gear for the moment.

"What do you want to eat? I will go and get it for you."

[member="Beth Australis-Mantis"]

[member="Barrien Siegfried"] did not answer a couple of her questions. Which made her a bit concerned, but she understood. He either didn't know or it was probably so bad that he didn't want her to worry about it. She could accept that, even though it did increase her worry about what exactly would happen if the Echani caught her. Man, this was supposed to be a fun little adventure. Not a life and death situation where she had to hide until morning's light to just survive. But that was how the galaxy was, though. Everything was falling apart, except for some of the nations.

It did increase her curiosity, despite it all though. She probably shouldn't be too concerned about it, though. He had his reasons, even though she was curious. And in truth, it probably would scare her. She wasn't entirely sure what to expect from the crazy Echani's that wanted her head on a platter, after all.

She frowned at the knowledge that a camera had been placed in the room and that he didn't trust the place. That was... Creepy. Theft? Inappropriate acts? She glanced at the bed she had jumped on and quickly jumped off. She realized, at this point, she also had her backpack on. She slipped it off and put it on the table. "I should probably start carrying things other than chocolate and candies..." She mostly muttered the statement to herself but was loud enough for Barrien to hear. Of course, she also had a couple change of clothes, combs, and bath stuff like a toothbrush, but still.

"Wouldn't it be dangerous for you to go out? I mean... Buddy system? They know what you look like and might attack if they, somehow, find their way here." She frowned, a little bit worried for her friend. She knew he was more than capable of handling himself but battling two Echani might be a bit of hard work that may result in some serious injuries, whether skilled or not. "I don't really know what kinda food they got here... So... I guess it can be a bit of a surprise?"

Norrin Fisck

N
"I will be fine," he said, offering a smile. "I am part Echani, after all."

A joke meant to make [member="Beth Australis-Mantis"] smile. Truthfully, he didn't think there was much to wprry over with him going out. The Echani would probably be watching the places they expected them to be, not a place on the outskirts of town. Plus he had seen a few places close by that they could get something. The fish place looked the best of the options and it was only about a block away. Even in the outskirts it was hard to imagine running into trouble that quickly.

"Don't worry, I'll be back. Lock the door behind me and feel free to use the fresher. It's clean."

He winked at her and then let himself out. Truthfully, he was worried and needed the short walk to clesr his head. He didn't like the fact that she had been threatened for no reason. She hadn't come brandishing weapons and the Mandalorians hadn't made any moves into Echani space yet so there hadn't been any reason for the aggression. It was unprovoked. Unprovoked aggression was not something he could tolerate.

The street was relatively busy still thanks to the fact that it was early evening. That actually helped him out. He was able to make it to the shop without any trouble. A couple orders of fish and chips should be good for them. The sign said it was their best dish. He wasn't sure he would trust a sign saying something was their best dish, but it was their best looking dish, the place was clean, and it was relatively busy. Good signs.

When he had the meals he made his way back towards the hotel. Fortunately it was without incident. When he reached their room he tripped the lock with the Force to let himself in.

"Beth, I'm back."

Beth gave a smirk to the joke. Half Echani, sure, but that still didn't mean they wouldn't be hunting him down. Wasn't he considered like... A traitor to them now? He was helping an enemy of theirs - well, apparently an enemy. Beth had never done anything and as far as she was aware, the Empire hadn't messed with them either. At least not under the current administration.

She had to accept his choice though - and to be honest, Beth was much more comfortable in the room. She could enjoy herself a lot more here than worrying over her shoulder everytime someone walked around her. Although, a piece of her was a bit restless - being on a roof for hours wasn't something that tired someone out. There didn't seem to be much to do, but she would figure it out while he was gone.

She grinned. "Hahaha, so funny," she stuck her tongue playfully out at him as he let himself out. She quickly locked the door once he left. She wasn't about to get jumped by herself by two Echani or other crazy people who might be on the planet. She much preferred the safety of being locked in a room - tucked away from the outside world for a while. In the meantime, she decided to take a nice, cold, shower. A huge emphasis on cold because the heat from the day was awful. Really, why couldn't she have been stranded on a freezing world? She knew how to live on those.

It didn't take [member="Barrien Siegfried"] long before he returned. Beth was in her pajamas and hair still wet from her quick shower, but thrown into a slightly messy bun. The room wasn't hot but it definitely wasn't cold. It took her a slight moment to realize he used the Force to unlock the door. She could have sworn she locked it after he left. And she did! He had to have used the Force to open it. Hopefully, at least. "Welcome back! What did you find?" She could smell the food already. She was so hungry, "It smells good, so I'm taking that as a good sign!"

Norrin Fisck

N
She was in her pajamas when he came back, and her hair was still slick, so she must have used the fresher. Must have also been why she smelled better than everything else in the room. Save for the food which smelled really good. He set the food on a table and pulled it out for her to get a good look at. It acyually looked rather good to him. Good choice on his part, even though it had been total luck.

"Fish and chips," he said as he removed his stave and shield, leaned em against the wall,and locked the door back. "Est ehat you want. I'm going to get cleaned up first."

He stripped off his armor pieces before heading into the fresher. There was no point in having them in there. The cool shower he took honestly felt really good. It almost felt like the heat was washing right off of him. He stood in there, head leaning forward, just letting the water wash over him while he contemplated the predicament they were in. Ultimately he decided the bedt thing to do would be to have them picked up by a Jedi transport.

When he got out he put his pants back on, but that was it. In a warm climate he didn't feel like being fully covered unless he had to be. Using his communicator, he made the call for a transport to come to Jazbina. Hopefully one was in the area, but even if they weren't it wouldn't take forever for one to arrive. When he walked out of the fresher, topless, he snagged some of the fish and chips and plopped down on the couch to enjoy.

"Feels good to be clean. Also feels good to eat."

There were bottles of water for them too, so he first took a swig from that before eating a piece of the fish.

"Was the food alright?" he asked [member="Beth Australis-Mantis"].

Beth was excited for the food and for [member="Barrien Siegfried"] to have returned. She was, in truth, worried that something might have happened to her. She would have felt terrible if he got injured or hurt due to the Echani's simply wanting her due to her parents and their ranks within the Mandalorian Empire. But, nothing seemed to have happened. He seemed okay and came back with fairly delicious smelling food. She was surprised that the food smelled that good, honestly.

She watched as he removed his weapons, informed her of the food, and that he was going to get cleaned up. That was fair enough. She gave a little nod as she grabbed a plate of the fish and chips plus a bottle of water. Then, she jumped onto the couch, crossing her legs. With that, she began to drink some of the water. She wasn't the biggest fan of water, in truth, but considering how long she had been without anything to drink, she was absolutely okay with water at the moment.

She only ate little a bit of her fish and chips as she waited for Barrien to return. It felt wrong to eat without the other person there, especially considering he risked himself going to get it. However, one he came out, she took a bit of a bigger bite as she watched him get his food and plop on the couch. He seemed comfortable - and with no shirt. It was a hot climate, after all. Beth still flushed slightly though. "Yeah, it's great actually. Kinda surprising, honestly."

She sipped some more water before she gave Barrien a smile. "Thank you for... Everything, today. I mean, you didn't have to do any of this so... Thank you."

Norrin Fisck

N
"Surprisingly good," he said after taking a bite.

It was relatively delicious, but that could have largely been a result of the fact that he hadn't eaten anything for the better part of the day. Plus the water. He made sure to get enough of that as well. Being out in the sun for a substantial amount of time could cause them to have sun sickness. Needless to say, he was more than a little bit happy to have some water and decent food. Plus good company.

[member="Beth Australis-Mantis"] mentioned thanking him for ehat he had done, and he put the piece of fish down before he could put it in his mouth. Did he have to do what he had done? Not at all. He could have let her deal with the Echani. There was the laws of thr planet to be taken into account, but they hadn't harmed her when he intervened. Intent was there, though. He had intervened because he cared about her, and it was the right thing to do.

"You don't have to thank me, Beth. I... was mostly just doing what I have always been meant to do. Protecting people and upholding laws."

He reached for the wster and took a long swig of it. The most important part of what he said was that mostly. It was true he had been doing what he was supposed to do as a Jedi, but he also cared about her. That was something he found struggle with. He would do the right thing, even if it meant she got hurt because of it, but he wouldn't like it. It was hard when you liked people and had friends. Friends were their own form of attachment. The struggle of being a Jedi.

He went in for the fish.

She took another bite of the fish, savoring the taste. Maybe it was so good because they hadn't eaten anything during the day. Maybe it actually was good. Realistically, they probably wouldn't know unless they had it again at another time where they had actually had a normal string of meals. Although, Beth was going to make a very intense effort to avoid this planet in the future. Her welcoming party wasn't too great, after all.

[member="Barrien Siegfried"] reacted in a way that she mostly expected, in truth. She didn't have to thank him - he was upholding his duty as a Jedi. She gave him a soft smile. "Well, still, you helped me out of everyone else that could have needed help. And spent an entire day on a roof with me. And I mean, I don't think I could have taken two Echani's on by myself."

She took a long sip of water, finally getting her thirst under control. That had been the worst part. Hopefully, their throats wouldn't be sore due to the dehydration tomorrow. She knew her skin was going to be a bit achy with some sunburn. The cold shower was absolutely amazing on her naturally sensitive skin.

She ate some of the chips, seemingly deep in thought. "I hope we can get out of here safely tomorrow. I miss climate-controlled rooms." She sighed as she readjusted slightly on the couch. She turned so she was facing Barrien and as such, could engage in conversation with him more easily. She wasn't sure what exactly to talk about, but she still. She wondered what was going through his mind at the moment. Was being a Jedi hard? She didn't know and she never figured she'd ever be one. She was way too emotional to handle that.

Norrin Fisck

N
"I was there and had to intervene. It was my duty. And I didn't want them to harm you," he said between bites of fish.

It was not something he could abide, and not just because of her age. Regardless of the no attachments part of the Jedi code, they were to some extent unavoidable. Just like emotions, attachments were a part of life, and the more time he spent around Beth the more he realized this to be a truth. He cared about her, specifically. Also like emotions, attachments had to be weighed such that they did not control you.

He had such a relationship with his siblings. Ultimately he cared about them because they were his flesh and blood, but he would not allow that care to dictate how he handled situations. That was how he was going to handle things with Beth as well. He cared about her, but he wouldn't let that cloud his judgment. She was capable of handling herself in most situations, he figured. After all, she was a Mandalorian and they were a culture of strength and fighting.

"I came up with a plan while I showered. Might require waiting another day, but at least you'll be able to leave safely."

He took a drink of water before continuing.

"I sent for one of our transports to pick us up. We can drop you at a location of your choosing then. Preferably somewhere safer, though. Don't be asking to go to Nal Hutta or something."

A wink was offered as he sat back and munched on a chip. This certainly hadn't gone how he had expected. That said, he couldn't remember a time when things ever had gone as expected. It didn't matter what it was, things always seem to go off on a tangent in another direction. He had expected better of the Echani, though, which was why he believed that these two were a rogue element and not representatives of his sister. Every culture had its dissidents.

Ubfortubately for him and [member="Beth Australis-Mantis"].

His duty. That made sense and was honorable. And he even mentioned he didn't want them to harm her. She gave him a soft smile inbetween one of her bites on the fish. Beth understood that if his duty had meant her harm, he most likely would have sacrificed her. In truth, she would be fine with that anyway. She could never ask someone to not follow their moral guide, no matter what. "Well, still, thank you." She gave him a playful nudge with her hand, "I'll make it one day by saving you, don't worry." A small, quiet playful laugh came out of her. Hopefully, neither of them would be in situations that would need saving, but one could never tell.

Especially in this galaxy. Beth was glad she didn't have to follow a Jedi code. She had all sorts of attachments - from [member="Barrien Siegfried"], to her friends, to her family. She wasn't sure if she could choose the greater good over them. She loved all of them so much.

On a super important note, he had thought of a plan during his shower! That was good because Beth had no idea besides cut her hair, dye it, and somehow hide her ears. Maybe wear some contacts to change her eye color? She might have been thinking of extremes, but still, she wasn't entirely sure how they'd safely get to a spaceport and on that ship... Which reminded her, she did need to get in touch with the company. She seriously deserved a refund after all of this. She nibbled her lip momentarily as she thought, "So... Nar Shadda is out of the question too then, eh?" She grinned, slipping a joke back to him.

"I... Should probably go back to Mandalore, honestly. I think I can slip back in and they won't realize I was gone."

She was so going to get grounded for this little excursion. But, at least she had enhanced her friendship with Barrien! And learned more about crazy Echani's who were karking bent on kidnapping, torture, and murder apparently.

Norrin Fisck

N
"I'll hold you to that," he said with a small smirk.

No, he wouldn't really hold [member="Beth Australis-Mantis"] to it. He didnt want her running off to save him when he inevitably got in trouble. Doing that put her in danger, and then if something haplened to her while she was trying to help him, he would end up feeling pretty crappy about it. Plus he could take care of himself. He had been captured by a Sith before and had them do things to him, but he had gotten out of it eventually. He could handle being taken to task.

Her comment about Nar Shaddaa just got a smirk from him. Silly girl. At least she had a sense of humor. It made things less tense and he had almost forgotten about their predicament when it came down to it. Almost. He was still keeping his awareness up in case trouble came knocking, though he made sure not to show her that he was being hyper-vigilant. He wanted her to relax and enjoy the company, not worry. That was the same reason he hadn't answered some of her earlier questions.

"We can take you to a nearby neutral world and get you a transport back so you don't draw much attention. That's probably the best course of action."

Safest, anyway. If she was sneaking off on her own then it was likely she was going to get caught and end up in trouble. He ought to scold her, but he didn't want to because he liked her and wanted her to like him. Besides, living life by rules you didn't want to live by was no way to live. He deliberately chose to live by the rules of the Jedi, which was different than shirking the rules your parents imposed on you. She had a free spirit and wanted to explore.

"You should probably get some rest, though. Been a long day."

Beth was almost finished with her fish and chips. She had been hungrier than she realized it and she also realized that while it was delicious, it wasn't a galaxy famous kind of good. It was especially good for a desert planet that had fresh fish, at least.

In either case, she gave [member="Barrien Siegfried"] a smirk at his comment about holding her to that. She meant it, whether he realized it or not. If they were ever in a situation, she would help him the best that she could. She would try to rationalize like he would, though - she imagined he probably wouldn't like being saved if it meant the sacrifice of several others.

Beth was a bit lost in her own world at the moment - after all, it had been a bit of a wild day. Transport ship broke down, nearly got slaughtered by crazy Echanis, got stuck on a roof with a Jedi, and finally in a hotel room with some good fish and chips. After nearly having a heat stroke (maybe a bit of an exaggeration, but still.) In either case, she gave a small nod.

"Yeah, that's fine. There's a few nearby. Just, please leave me in a big spaceport that I can hide in until I can get on a transport back to Mandalore!" She was a bit worried that the Echani may try to follow her back. It wasn't likely, because how could they know where she was? It was still a worry, though, irrational or otherwise.

She took a long sip of the water, enjoying the coolness. He mentioned getting some rest. Beth perked a brow and shook her head, "I don't think I can sleep yet, honestly. I'm still too, like, hyped about today. Kind of crazy how it all happened." She was honest, although in truth she was feeling a bit tired that he mentioned it - but not tired enough to sleep.

Norrin Fisck

N
"I will have to leave decdeciding the best location tto the captain of the ship that picks us up," he said. "I'm not familiar enough with nearby systems."

That much was true. He barely knew anything about the nearby systems other than the fact that they weren't all that far away from Eshan and the Sister Worlds. For him that was generally alright since he was related to the Queen. For her that proved quite dangerous, all things considered. He didn't believe it would be like that all the time. Honestly, she just got unlucky. Unfortunate, but it did happen from time to time.

She mentioned that she wasn't tired yet, and he blinked at that. How was she not exhausted after that day out in the sun? He was absolutely exhausted, and really running on fumes. Fortunately he knew enough to use the Force to bolster his energy levels, plus he was in pique physical condition. Well, mostly. He had his drawbacks, like the cut to his inside left thigh he had been hiding from her. A temporary bandage and the Force to stem the blood flow.

"Energy must be your spirit animal. I can't believe you aren't sleepy."

He leaned back in the couch and slid his arm along the back of it as he watched [member="Beth Australis-Mantis"]. He was almost waiting for her to pass out, but not really. He eventually stopped and leaned his head back to stare at the ceiling. What a crazy day. He thought he was going to be helping stop a war, and instead he had stopped someone from being kidnapped and then hid on a roof with her all day.

"What a crazy day."

She nodded. That made sense. She was sure the captain would probably know better, anyway. She sure didn't know Echani space very well - except for a couple major systems. Eshan, the planet they were on, and the T one. She couldn't even directly recall its name off the top of her head, in truth. "I'm not either," she admitted honestly. She knew Mandalorian systems mostly, with Commenori systems second. Really, those were the only two areas the girl really ever traveled between. There wasn't really any other areas she really needed or could be at. She was at Sullest during the collapse of the Alliance, though. And Teth, of course.

She laughed at how he mentioned her spirit animal is energy. "Ohhh, no. I'm just... It was just a wild day. I mean, just a month ago we stopped a war. Now, we're stuck after being nearly attacked by two crazy radical Echani's and we're in a hotel room eating Fish and Chips." She perked a brow, one long ear perked as well. "It's hard to get that excitement down." She sighed, adjusting herself on the couch. She finished her food, taking both of their trash over to a nearby trash can (presuming he was finished, anyway.) Once returned, she sat down on the couch with her legs crossed, facing [member="Barrien Seigfried"]. She rested her head on the top of the couch which was near where his hand was.

Really, she'd probably get sleepy. Her stomach was now full, the excitement from the day was wearing off. With her head rested on the couch cushion, she actually was starting to feel tired but that was something she would never admit. He mentioned it was a crazy day and Beth nodded, "You're telling me... Crazy crazy. It turned out good, though... I wouldn't want to be trapped with anyone else!" She mostly whispered her response. The food, the heat, and everything finally was hitting her. He must have jinxed her when he said her spirit animal was energy!

She rested her eyes. And just like that, she fell asleep.

Norrin Fisck

N
A wild day to say the least. At least they were bith alright, for the most part. She was healthy and as youthful as ever. He couldn't remember ever really having as much energy as she had when he was her age, but to be honest he could barely remember when he was her age. Most of the time back then had involved him dealing with the loss of his mother and his duties as Baron. Yes, it had been at an early age that he had been elevated to a political position. The downside of being born into his family. He allowed her to take his empty containers and smiled in thanks when she returned.

"I am glad I didn't bore you too greatly," he said as she started drifting off.

It wasn't long before she had drifted off to sleep. He moved his hand a little bit and brushed her hair away from her face. She was a cute, charming girl. Regardless of the specifics of her upbringing, Kaine and Yasha were clearly doing right by her. She had a smartness to her that was balanced alongside a caring heart, and she was not so jaded by the galacy that she couldn't have fun with life. He was grateful for having been brought into her life.

Eventually he stood and went and found a blanket which he draped over her. Desert planets could become quite cold at night. He donned his shirt since it had dried out, and settled in to meditate for a while before getting some rest himself. Even though he was not a fan of the place in which they were staying, it seemed somewhat secure. He did face directly towards the door while he meditated, just in case, but it proved to be unwarranted. They weren't disturbed ubtil the next morning when his comm went off. It was the captain of their ride asking for instruction, which he gave before standing and walking over to gently shake [member="Beth Australis-Mantis"] awake.

"Wake up, sleeping beauty. Our ride is here."

Beth was in a deep, great sleep - surprisingly good for having fallen asleep on a couch in a shady hotel. Maybe she was a lot more tired than she thought she was. In either case, Beth also had wonderful dreams about various things. Like crazy Echani's chasing her, but her and Barrien fighting them off. And then there was the dream where instead of being a desert world, they were on a freezing world. A much-preferred situation for Beth. Anything over a desert.

Shaking... Why was she shaking? She opened her sleepy eyes to hear [member="Barrien Seigfried"] telling her to wake up. The sleeping beauty part made Beth blush, although she nodded sleepily. She covered her mouth with a yawn as she stretched. "Let me change real quick," she said quietly as she went into the washroom to switch into a simple blue t-shirt and fitting blue jeans. Naturally, she also brushed her teeth really quick and brushed her hair, returning it into a messy bun before she came back out.

"Alright, I'm ready. Still kinda sleepy... Where is the ride at?" Hopefully, not too far. Her skin definitely felt tingly with sunburn. That wasn't an immediate concern and she could use the Force to help heal it... Or did she want the tan that would come out of it? Beth had to ponder such a thing before she simply shook her head at herself. Now wasn't exactly the time to debate such things.

She fiddled with her backpack, putting items back inside it and throwing it over her shoulders. "Okay, I guess now I'm ready."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom