Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is the future set in stone?

Norrin Fisck

N
Barrien chuckled as she made off to get herself ready. Sure, he'd had a change of clothes back at his original quarters, but he wasn't going to risk going back there and he had somewhat washed his clothes while he showered the night before, so he probably didn't smell much. Not to mention it had been so hot that he had been unable to properly sweat, it evaporating as soon as it appeared. Downsides of such extreme heat. He would have preferred the cold as well.

By the time she returned, he had his armor back on and his lance strapped to his back. She asked where their ride was, and he just motioned for her to follow. They would headout of the room and upward rather than down to the bottom floor. Certainly unusual but not without its merits. They exited to the sound of whirring engines, a Jocasta-class corvette was waiting for them with its boarding ramp down and a couple of crew waiting at the base.

"Our ride came to us," he said as he motioned for [member="Beth Australis-Mantis"] to enter before him.

It was much safer than trying to sneak into the spaceport. A little risky because authorities didn't much care for it, but the Jedi and Republic IFF's it was flying were probably enough to keep the local law enforcement from getting to uppity. They weren't smugglers trying to bring in drugs, after all. Just a transport picking up a couple of passengers that had been in minor distress. Minor at worst, really. Truthfully they were fine.

He spoke withthe crew for a moment and one went to inform the captain of his request before he turned back to Beth.

"Welcome to the Venture. We'll get you to a safe port of call, don't worry."

Beth heard the chuckle but chose to ignore it. She had to look presentable, after all! That included somewhat controlled hair, fresh breath, and a change of clothes that smell like lavender, flowers and other good smelly stuff. She may be on a desert planet full of stinky people, but she would not be one of them, no sir. Even when she was living in her little tent on Mygeeto, she made sure her hygiene was fresh, smelled nice, and was overall well kept! Maybe it was one of the orphanages she lived in that bred that cleanliness into her, but she would never tire from it.

In either case, when they stepped outside she heard the jets. Literally, they came to them. Very literally. Beth gave a grin, her long ears fully pointed. "Excellent service, eh." She joked, kind of. Seriously - it was awesome that they came directly to them. She followed [member="Barrien Siegfried"] up onto the roof of the hotel and then upon the boarding ramp into the climate-controlled ship. Beth visibly relaxed when they entered, sighing at the difference in temperature. Never again would she risk being stranded on a hot planet. No way.

She was surprised the local authorities allowed the ship to come right here - but it was probably fine due to the ship being Jedi affiliated. People gave passes to the Jedi where others might get in trouble. And thank goodness for it, too. Beth didn't want to get stranded or have to sneak onto a ship through the spaceport. Eeep!

Beth stood a bit awkwardly, rubbing her arms together with her hands as she waited for Barrien to do whatever he had to do. "Venture. Nice name. Woooop! That sounds awesome. And just, can we break down on a cold planet, please?"

Norrin Fisck

N
"Don't jinx us," he said, shaking his head. "I don't want us to break down at all."

He took her hand and led her back towards one of the waiting areas in the midsection of the ship. It had a viewport that allowed them to look out at the atmosphere as the ship glided smoothly out of it and into space beyond. These ships had exceptional crews that valued the work that real Jedi did in the galaxy. So few people did value Jedi anymore. The majority of that was because of the way some of them acted. It was warranted.

Either way, he drew her to a seat and sat down himself, after removing his lance. It was nice to see space. They exited atmosphere and it wasn't long before they entered hyperspace. He recognized the familiar blankness so he turned his attention back to her and finally released her hand, as he only then realized that he was still holding it. It did feel pleasant, holding her hand, but it was mildly inappropriate that he continue doing so considering their age difference. He didn't want to be giving anyone any ideas.

"Are you ready to be home? I think you should be a bit more careful where you go from now on. Maybe get yourself a ship. I don't want to hear you've been hurt or killed down the road."

Mostly he was worried that [member="Beth Australis-Mantis"] would get herself in more trouble. It was a bit hypocritical, though, considering the fact that he mostly traveled via public transportation as well. But he was also older and heavily trained in the Force and combat, so he did have a little bit of advantage. It was just worry, really. He wanted her safe and sound, and didn't want her parents fretting.

"Promise you will be careful."

She grinned widely at his comment. That was a good point, in truth. Beth did have a habit of jinxing herself especially. Bad luck, perhaps? Like a transport getting stranded on a blazing hot planet with crazy Echani? Stuff like that just didn't seem to happen to everyone. Or maybe it did and she just didn't hear about it. That could be a fair assumption, although she felt fairly confident that it wasn't that common.

In either case, [member="Barrien Seigfried"] took her hand and guided her towards a waiting area in the midsection of the ship. Beth couldn't help but take note of the ship as she walked through it, including the surprising friendliness of the crew. It wasn't every day someone ran into friendly faces. She sat down on the chair next to Barrien. And the view from the window made Beth smile as she watched the ship leave the deserty planet, to see the moons and other stellar objects in space. It was quite the sight. She perked a brow as he released her hand - she hadn't realized he was still holding hers.

She grinned a little as she glanced over to Barrien. "I am... I'll talk to my dad, he might be able to get me one." Presuming she wasn't grounded for disappearing. They probably hadn't noticed yet, it'd only been one day. Hopefully. "You won't! I am kinda careful most of the time." She fiddled her thumbs momentarily. "You should be careful too, those Echani were pretty sketchy."

But he made her promise, so she obliged. "I promise I'll be careful," she said quietly with a smile. She was glad she ran into Barrien here. It would have been a lot harder on her if she hadn't, and plus, she felt as if their friendship increased ten fold over the past couple days. He was her friend - and hopefully, she was his.

Norrin Fisck

N
Good. The fact that [member="Beth Australis-Mantis"] was willing to at least ask her father about getting a ship made him feel better. Not that he didn't think she was capable of protecting herself, but walking into a fight with experienced Echani was difficult for even people like him. He had been hurt by them while fighting them, so he would hate to know what happened if she had faced them alone. Not hate so much as lament the outcome. Those two had seemed keen on capturing or killing her, and that didn't make him feel particularly good.

"I will be fine, but I make no promises," he said.

He couldn't make promoses in his line of work. Danger lurked everywhere for a Jedi, and not just from rogue units like the two Echani, but also from Sith and others like them. He hadn't dealt with Sith in quite a while, not since he was an apprentice, but he knew they were out there and he knew they would eventually catch up to him. At some point he was going to be forced to fight one even though he would prefer not to. It was their way.

Having no way of knowing how long they would be, he stood and walked over to a cabinet where he pulled doen a couple of meal bars and some bottles of water. Returning to her, he handed her one of each. It probably wasn't the best tasting breakfast they could ever dig into, but it was highly nutritious and would keep them going. He wasn't going to complain too awful much because it did make his stomach stop feeling like it was going to devour itself.

"What are your plans for your future?"

Beth settled into the chair, confident that there return to whatever planet they were being taken to would be smooth. Unless, well, the Echani managed to actually infiltrate the ship while it was landing and they were actually on their way to an Echani prisoner of war camp somewhere. Maybe that was a little much, though?

She gave a look towards [member="Barrien Siegfried"]. At least he was honest about it. In truth, Beth would naturally be put in dangerous situations - as a Mandalorian, as the Mand'alor's daughter. It was the nature in which she found herself and would most likely find herself. Of course, she promised she would be more careful. She didn't promise it wouldn't happen, after all.

Barrien got them some water and some meal bars. She eagerly took the water bottle - still a bit dehydrated from the day before. She sipped several gulps before she sat it down and opened one of the meal bars. It wasn't going to be a good meal but it wouldn't be terrible. Plus, it was perfect for a little breakfast. She took a couple bites as she thought over his next question. What were her plans for the future? She honestly wasn't sure.

She gave a slight shrug, "I dunno, honestly. Just keep helping the Empire out until I can figure it out." She wasn't sure besides that. "What do you besides the whole Jedi stuff?"

Norrin Fisck

N
Probably too much to ask. Undoubtedly she was a day to day sort of person most of the time, given she was still young. He remembered being that way when he was around her age. Or what he guessed was her age. Always impulsive and doing things he felt were right regardless of whether they were or not. Truthfullyhe had always veen the quintessential good guy even when his step-father and siblings didn't think he shohld be. Probably why he was only a Baron.

"I don't really have a time where I'm not doing Jedi stuff," he admittes as he opened his bar. "Usually either helping some government out or teaching the younglings."

By and large, and @beth australus-mantis no doubt had figured this out, he was a workaholic. He wouldn't know what to do with freetime if he had it so he made every effort to keep from having it. What would he do? He couldn't go home yet, so seeing family seemed more or less ouy of the question. He didn't have any family he was close to in the rest of thr galacy so that was out. Aside from Lilla, Beth was his only friend. Coryth had disappeared ages ago.

He supposed he could travel, but he knew that if he did that he would inevitably end up working wherever he went. There was nowhere he knew that was a reprieve from the troubles of the galaxy. Hoth, maybe. It didn't really matter, though. He had dedicated his life to helping people and didn't plan to stop now. Maybe when Beth was older they could do some traveling together.

Maybe she could help him free his home.

"Wouldn't know what to do if I wasn't busy."

Beth was at a loss of what she wanted to do as a profession. She luckily had a bit of a longer lifespan than most others, thanks to her Eldorai in her. But, that still didn't mean much ultimately. She nibbled her lip lost in thought for a bit as she thought about what she wanted to do. She had a knack for certain abilities - like Force heal, persuasion, but was that something she really wanted to do with her life? Maybe... She had thought about being a combat medic but wasn't sure if she would want to handle all that entailed.

Maybe she could be a reporter? Nah, she wasn't that good with words. Engineer? She could see herself doing that. Maybe helping her half-brother with the company or something. But ultimately, it all pointed to her having no idea. Beth would figure it out though, she knew she would find her calling when the time was right! And she might know it already, it was just a matter of lighting the fire of passion!

She smiled, "I guess you could consider me helping a government out." She shrugged a bit, "What do you prefer doing? Helping governments or teaching the little kiddos?"

He probably enjoyed both, but maybe he had a preference? Teaching kids seemed like fun, sometimes. Beth loved helping [member="Adara Raxis"] and Reyn, but she wasn't all that sure if she could teach a classroom full of kids. Kids could be jerks! But in either case, it looked like he was also lost in thought for a moment. She took a bite of the meal bar again. She grimaced, the taste finally catching up with her. "Meal fit for Kings and Queens, eh," she muttered under her breath jokingly.

"I get it. But wouldn't you be curious to see what you end up doing when you aren't doing your usual? You might find something out about yourself like you never knew!" Like Beth could actually play some instruments really well, like the guitar. That was something she would never have known if she hadn't jokingly played with one a few years back with a couple friends.

Norrin Fisck

N
"I enjoy the merits of both," he said, echoing her thoughts
"Children are the future, and bright lights. I enjoy their enthusiasm. But I enjoy helping people, too."

That was like asking him if he enjoyed chocolate or vanilla better. Ever since [member="Beth Australis-Mantis"] had introduced him to chocolatehe had a craving for it. However, in his exploration of the sweet goodneas he had also discovered vanilla and been equally enthralled by it. Suffice to say, he had a very hard time deciding which he preferred the most. Just the same when it came to the real world. Teaching and helping others were both enjoyable.

He took a bite out of his bar, not even noticing the off flavor because he was in thought. Seeking to learn something about himself by doing things not related to being what he was. Perhaps when he was younger that would have made excellent sense. But as an adult he didn't know that he could learn about some hidden talent or fun desire. If anything, he was certain he would ultimately feel miserable about not being out doing his Jedi work.

Except that wasn't really true, was it? He had been helping her, but once he had gotten her to safety he had no obligation to stay. He could have been out doing other things, like helping the local authorities apprehend the rogue Echani. But he hadn't done that. Instead, he had remained with her, and remembered the caress of her hair as she slept, the feel of her hand in his. It felt wrong because he was certain she was underage, but right because it was her.

"I am spending time with you. I do enjoy your company."

She was a bright young woman with a good heart. Both were admirable and he saw no fault in adoring her. He would never do anything to dishonor her or her family, so he needn't worry over that. Why did she have such a mysterious hold over his feelings, though? She was too young for such a thing.

"Although I feel odd admitting it."

Beth nodded. That made sense. She expected that kind of answer from him, in truth. Like he said, he seemed like a workaholic type. It only made sense that he would like both of them. She gave him a small smile after she thought over his answer for a moment, "I mean, I really shouldn't have expected a different answer." She gave him a playful wink, signaling her teasing. Beth herself was still being taught - she rarely ever gave wisdom. Bethany was still learning from many different sources - her parents, her grandparents, teachers, and friends. She was still a youngling, though.

She took another bite of the bar as she pondered over what she could do. "I can play some instruments, like a guitar. Found out by accident. I mean, I wasn't good at it, but I caught on really quick. Or so people tell me, anyway." She threw over to him, "I mean, it's a little something I do in my spare time now." She shrugged a little. She also enjoyed reading, but that was another thing entirely.

She could tell [member="Barrien Seigfried"] was deep in thought so she became quiet for a moment. Mainly to think about what the kark she wanted to do with her life. What was there she could do? She felt like she was doing many different things, all in the name of the Empire. But what did Beth want to do when there was nothing else?

She didn't have an answer, at least not yet. She had some talents that she could focus on, but still.

Beth smiled, "I'm not a hobby, though!" She laughed, clearly tickled at the thought. "I enjoy your company, too. Maybe I can help you find something, during your brief respite from Jedi duties?" Maybe she could help! If he even cared to, anyway. "Feel odd?" Beth perked a brow, finishing her meal bar. Oh! She had dessert, despite it being morning for them! She pulled her backpack around and pulled out two bars of chocolate. She grinned towards Barrien, "Want one?" She offered it towards him.

Norrin Fisck

N
"I wouldn't mond hearing you play sometime," he said before finishing off his meal bar.

When [member="Beth Australis-Mantis"] asked about the odd comment he winced. Honestly, he probably shouldn't have said that out loud because it was going to lead into danger. He decided that he would go to his old standby of ignoring the question for the time being. She didn't need to hear it, and he wasn't comfortable with it. Age barely mattered in some places, but it did matter to him regardless of where he was. There wasn't a chance of him explaining.

When she offered the chocolate bar, he snatched it before ahe could think twice about the offer. There wasn't a chance of him passing that up. He might pass on explaining, but soon enough she would be bribing him with chocolate. It woild probably work, too. For the moment he unwrapped the chocolate and took a big bite, leaning back to let it melt on his tongue. It was so good. Curse her for spoiling him!

"I will gladly do whatever you want to do during my break from work. Provided it doesn't make your parents want to kill me."

That part was non-negotiable. Largely because he didn't want to lose the ability to spend time with her. Honestly he felt at ease around her in ways that he couldn't explain outside of how he had been when he was younger on Oaken Dawn, spending time with his siblings before his step-father poisoned their minds. Nowadays, even if he managed to get back, he didn't think any of them would even talk to him.

"Did you have something in mind?"

Beth smiled as she looked down at her hands, as she had never played in front of someone before. "Well, I mean, I'm not the best. But it shouldn't like make your ears bleed or anything."

She noted the wince but couldn't quite place where it had come from? Did she say something? She knew his Jedi duties was important to him but no sentient could go without doing something besides their job, no matter how much they loved it! Beth loved doing what her job was - learning, yet she ran off. Granted, she did get stuck being chased by an Echani with an awesome friend, though. In either case, she felt that the Goddesses guided her along her fate and as such, kept her safe from harm, happy with friends, and ultimately just enjoying her life.

Beth laughed at how quickly [member="Barrien Seigfried"] snatched the chocolate bar from Beth. He really enjoyed it! She was glad she introduced him but what kind of monster did she create?! "Chocolate is sooo good, I always keep some in my back pack. If we ever visit a world that isn't blazing hot, let me introduce you to hot cocoa. Mmm." She enjoyed her sweets - she wouldn't deny it! She had a sweet tooth. Luckily for him, she made no attempt to bribe the young adult for any information. She just loved watching his reaction to it. She could understand it, though. There were things she had never been exposed to until Kaine had found her on Mygeeto and brought her to Myrkr and Mandalore.

Beth smiled at his willingness to try new things! It made her happy because maybe she could help him explore a side of himself he didn't know he had, but it also ensured that they would be able to hang out again! In a way, it felt like it cemented their friendship. "I can maybe help you with your Jedi stuff, too! And, well, I guess that cancels out the spice trade ideas..." She gave him a grin, a twinkle in her eye at her probably bad joke.

He asked her if she had anything in mind and that made her pause as she let a piece of the chocolate melt in her mouth. "Well, I can show you guitars! Or do you know how to dance? Or virtual reality? Orrr hologaming? Or, and here's my favorite, restaurant tasting! Try out different places to eat just for fun!"

Norrin Fisck

N
So she was a chocoholic and was turning him ibto the same was the basic gist of it. Well, he couldn't fault [member="Beth Australis-Mantis"] for liking the stuff because it certainly was delicious. What he could do was enjoy the delicact whenever he was with her. For certain if he indulged otherwise he would probably end up having to do extra workouts on top of what he already did and he tended to push his body to the limit as it was.

"Hot cocoa? That sounds dangerous," he said before taking another bite of chocolate.

He didn't mean physically dangerous, of course. Mostly because if it was some kind of hot chocolate it was likely in a liquid form, making ingesting it all the easier and even more dangerous than eating a chocolate bar. She was going to be the death of him in more ways than one, it seemed. Not that he was really going to complain because she was far too enjoyable to complain about. She was just extremely dangerous for him.

She went on about a whole bunch of different things but only one of them did he already know how to do. Aside from eating, of course. Anyone could do that. Dancing, though, was something he was quite good at. Back on Oaken Dawn it had often been noted that he was far more graceful than most of the others. Knowing ehat he did about his family it did make sense. Echani were often noted for treating swordplay as a dance rather than a fight.

"I can dance pretty well but it has been a while since I've had the opportunity to do so. The rest sound fine for exploring as well."

Beth loved her sweets! They were delicious, especially chocolate. And the many different kinds of chocolate too? Milk, dark, white, etc. She personally loved dark chocolate but had plenty of other kinds stashed in her bag. After all, she couldn't just have the same chocolate, but had to keep it as a variety! It was... Unhealthy in large consumptions, though, but there were some health benefits. For humans at least and their hafling counterparts, moderation was key but it could provide some health benefit, such as lower heart risk or something.

She grinned at his comment. "If by dangerous, you mean insanely addicting and delicious? Yes, yes it is. But it's sooooo good!" She confirmed, "Plus, you add some whip cream, some milk, mmm. It's delicious. I'll make you some when I can get the ingredients."

Was Beth really one to talk about helping him find out hidden hobbies? Beth herself didn't even know what profession she wanted to go into when she was older. At 16, she was already involved in the Mandalorian forces, both the Empires, Clan Australis and Mantis. It would help her grow to find what she wanted but it would still take time to get it all figured out. Maybe helping [member="Barrien Siegfried"] figure things out would help her figure herself out some, too.

She perked a brow as he mentioned that he knew how to dance. "Ohhh, really? Well, I mean, if you're always working then I can see how it'd be hard for you to get a dance in!" She smiled, "I'm not the best dancer, honestly. I tend to step on toes... A lot. But other than that, I'm okay at it." She thought over the other ideas she had, "We can think about more stuff later. Those are just the things that came to mind.

Norrin Fisck

N
"Sounds very unhealthy, but delicious," he said. "I will have to take you up on the offer."

He finished off the chocolate with a disappointed sigh. That was the reality he had become accustomed to when it came to chocolate. When it was gone, he always felt like he was disappointed. Oh well. Sometimes life was meant to have disappointments. They were the ways people developed the ability to overcome bad times. Not that he was in bad times. He was just in a really awkward state.

When [member="Beth Australis-Mantis"] mentioned the bit about dancing he wondered if he should invite her out to dance. But then he realized that would probably seem very inappropriate. People often attribited dancing to being the same as doing a certain act with clothes on. No that wouldn't be appropriate as mich as he was certain that he would enjoy it. The dancing, not the other thing. That was DEFINITELY inappropriate.

"We can figure out something to do down the road. I promise to entertain whatever you come up with."

Well, he would try, anyway. At least if she picked something with a lot of people he would feel comfortable. He did like crowds.

"We shouldn't be too far off a viable destination and we can get you headed home."

Beth nodded. Delicious and unhealthy. The perfect combination. But surely, they both exercised and did enough physical training to make up for it. At least, Beth thought she did. Constant training with the Force, physical training with weapons and not, and of course her other school work.

But, it was true that too much of anything despite what you do can be very bad. If they ate too much, it would do bad things to their bodies. But, Beth knew she was fine and she knew that [member="Barrien Siegfried"] also had extensive practice, probably every day to keep his muscle tone and such. It only made logical sense, after all!

In either case, they had plenty of time to figure out something that Barrien could do in his spare time. Plus, sadly, it'd probably be a while before they'd see each other. They both seemed busy and he probably had lots of Jedi things to do besides hang out with her. In either case, Beth decided her next question, "Whatcha goin' off to do once our paths separate?" She perked a brow as she finished off her chocolate bar.

Norrin Fisck

N
Well, he had been expecting to spend a little longer on Jazbina than he had, so there was certainly opportunity for doing something briefly. But he probably shouldn't delaygetting back. Undoubtedly there was some other case waiting for him when he got back. To be honest, he needed to get her on her way back before her parents got worried about her and sent the weight of the army out after her. He didn't want that.

There was a knock at the door and a crewmember nodded.

"Sorry to interrupt," he said, offering an apologetic smile. "We're about ten monutes from Merson. It's a safe port of call."

"Thank you," Barrien said, nodding his head to him.

The crewman left, and he looked back to the window outside as space returned to the blackness and pinpricks of light. A planet loomed up before them and the ship began to make its way towards it. He turned back to her feeling quite a bit sad, for some reason. Even though their time together had not been relaxed until the ship arrived, he enjoyed his time with her all the same. He was sorry that she was going to be leaving.

"I don't know exactly what I will be off to do. I'll head back to Ciomia and see if there's anything pressing, but I could end up anywhere."

He leaned back in his sest and offered [member="Beth Australis-Mantis"] a smile and then a small sigh.

"Probably going to be a while before we see each other again."

[member="Barrien Siegfried"] seemed to be thinking about a reply to her question. Maybe he wasn't sure - kinda like how Beth wasn't sure about the future. Probably less of a big decision though. Granted, Beth did have a bit longer of a lifespan than most people, at least generic humans, so maybe she had time to do more than one thing or something. She wasn't too sure, but only time would tell she supposed. There was no point in fretting over such things, at least not yet. She still had time to decide.

Presuming her parents didn't try to seal her into being grounded for life. At least she wasn't gone too long - probably not long enough for either of them to really notice, in truth. She jumped only slightly at the knock on the door. She wasn't expecting a noise and lost in thought, it gave her a small spook. She nodded to the crewmember as Barrien thanked him.

She glanced over to Barrien and gave him a soft smile. She would be sad for some reason, too. They made a good team. Or at least Beth thought so. She wasn't sure how he felt about it all, considering she was practically useless the entire time. But still, her return home would be significantly less enjoyable than her time on Jazbina and with Barrien. She felt positive that they would see each other again, though. Maybe not soon, but hopefully under better circumstances at least.

"Well, hopefully, it'll bring you back to my neck of the galaxy, eh?" She gave another small smile to him, "It won't be as long as we think!"

Norrin Fisck

N
He chuckled a bit.

"I can't say for certain that it will, but I wouldn't mind if it did," he said, pushing himself to his feet and offering a hand to help [member="Beth Australis-Mantis"] to her feet.

Undoubtedly he would be back over near her neck of the galaxy at some point in time. He would probably run into her sometime soon, which would be great. Even though he knew better than to allow an attachment to control him, he had still formed an extremely heavy one with her. She didn't, perhaps, know that yet, but that was the intent. She was tok young to know such things and too young for him to focus on things like that. She was just a friend.

He motioned back towards the hallway and started walking that way himself. A slow walk to be sure. Watching her go would be difficult, but he knew they would see each other again, and her parents were probably wondering where she had run off to. He should probably send word to them that she was alright, but he didn't really want Beth to get in trouble either. Though, given her parents, maybe she wouldn't really be in trouble.

He would send them a note telling them he had foind her on Jazbina and was sending her home. It was the right thing to do.

"Do you have credits to secure passage home?"

She smiled and took his hand as she slipped out of the chair. She let go of his hand, mainly to stretch a bit. Even though they had moved some, spending a whole day under the sun on a roof was a surprisingly painful experience. She could only imagine how it would have been if she wasn't exercising regularly or something. Probably more had to do with the constant barrage of sunlight than anything.

She would miss [member="Barrien Siegfried"] but she was confident they would see each other again. If fate had anything to do with it, probably sooner than either of them expected too. Anyway, she followed Barrien down the hallway towards the exit of the ship, which would probably be landing soon. She hoped he wouldn't say anything to her parents. Surely, he wouldn't tell. She was confident they'd be worried, but they probably knew she could take care of herself... Maybe, anyway.

She nodded at his question as she pulled a credit chip out of a zipped part of her backpack. "Yup, plenty!" She was lucky. She had lived 11 years in orphanages and in the streets, but with being found by her parents she had discovered a bit of what wealth could bring. Although, she always made sure to never get caught up in wealth. It, ultimately, didn't matter. She could survive without it. And there were many more important things.

"Well, I'll miss you! I truly do hope we see each other again. Maybe... In not this kind of situation, though."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom