Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is the clone wars worth watching?

I'm debating on watching the TV show, all because I just wanna see more Windu. Will I get my Windu fix or will it just be "Snips" and the slave boy?

[member="Lupe Baracka"]
The quality of episodes fluctuates wildly from ‘childishly embarrassing’ to ‘intense and entertaining’.

My advice is to watch the first few episodes of season 1 and then skip ahead to season 4. You won’t necessarily know who the original characters are, but seasons 2 and 3 are dull, dull, dull.

Even the later seasons have good episodes interspersed with frustratingly bad ones.

Emberlene's Daughter, The Jedi Generalist
the first season is mix and match but it starts getting very good and building upon itself while showing the seriousness of war. By season 6 it is very very good.

Evasion Studios
There is honestly not a great deal of Windu scenes that are what I would call 'worthwhile.' While Mace Windu was a rather accomplished and powerful Jedi Master, there is not a lot of media that is devoted to him. Probably the best media that contains Mace Windu will be in comic or book form. Considering that this is a forum where words rule, and shape our imaginations - I'd suggest getting a few novels that deal with his character if you really want to get a bead on Windu as a man. However, if you simply want to see him 'work' there are a few scenes here and there throughout the show that demonstrate that - but it's no more than you'd see from Anakin, Obi-wan, Snips, Ventress, or even Darth Maul in latter seasons.

Just like every TV series, there will be some "filler" episodes. And from Season 1 - Season 3, you can tell it's to appeal to kids.

But as the series progresses from Season 4 onwards, it begins to adopt a much darker, mature theme that I kinda feel bad and excited for you at the same time for not having been exposed to it yet. It's amazing.

Go watch it in it's entirety. It's worth it.

The Clone Wars series first came out when I was about five, maybe six years old (I think it was six) but I wasn't allowed to watch it at first because my bedtime was 7:00 P.M. and after what I have seen of the first few series I am glad I never got to watch it, but the more later seasons is when I began watch the series and they looked fairly cool. And I saw a lot of Windu, so don't worry about getting your Windu fix because you certainly will get it.
[member="Lupe Baracka"]

Meep said:
The Clone Wars series first came out when I was about five, maybe six years old (I think it was six) but I wasn't allowed to watch it at first because my bedtime was 7:00 P.M. and after what I have seen of the first few series I am glad I never got to watch it, but the more later seasons is when I began watch the series and they looked fairly cool. And I saw a lot of Windu, so don't worry about getting your Windu fix because you certainly will get it.
[member="Lupe Baracka"]
How old are you?

Eh, I personally disagree with the greatness of the final seasons. They were the most annoying to me because they kept bringing in some bigger circumstance that was worse than before.

The most annoying parts for me were: *Spoilers*
Darth Maul returns! Even after being cut in half and thrown down a 'bottomless pit of no return'. How could you do that?
Then he get's General Grievous legs, which made no sense to me.

Barriss Offee (I think I spelled it wrong), went dark to try and change the Jedi.
She pays a woman to feed explosive microdroids to her husband (the woman's) and then uses it to kill a number of Jedi and Troopers.

Asajj Ventress turns mercenary. She is betrayed by her master and guess what, decides to become a gun for hire and an assassin.
Sure it gives her a job, but I didn't see her as going to that sort of thing.

Ahsoka leaves the Jedi Order. She is blamed for the bombing, set up by Barriss, by almost all the Jedi. Then after three or four episodes of Ahsoka running and having a pity party with herself, she is absolved as Barriss is found out.
But then she won't get off her high horse and decides to leave the order rather than try and solve the problem.

*takes a deep breath*

Sorry if that sounded like a temper tantrum or something other like that. It wasn't intentional, but after watching those episodes I wished I could delete them from my memory as it felt like a waste of space.

In my opinion the tv show was meant to be watched by kids and the change to a darker theme was not a great decision. It was influenced by the planned release of 1313. So they were trying to showcase some scenes they intended on using and that kind of ruined it for me.

So in conclusion, if you want to watch something that was meant for children then certainly it will be somewhat enjoyable. However if you come in with the mindset that you will be astounded as an adult then prepare for disappointment.

(You will see considerably more Mace Windu, however it still will not be very often. He gets from pretty cool scenes, like the second to last episode of the first season. But you still get very little in general.)[member="Lupe Baracka"]

Really there is only one reason Mace didn't get much screentime in the Prequels

Warning "F bomb" below
jvQxPZx.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom