Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is Plagueis Canon?

So everybody is going around saying Snoke is Plaguies. And I was curious as to if outside of Palpy's storytime to Anakin of Darth Plagueis The Wise Plagueis is canon? Or rather the masterful story Darth Plageuis by James Luceno was considered canon? Seems to me it should be but not certain.

Palpatine's storytime was in the movies, it is canon. The novel, on the other hand, falls under Legends, technically not canon. That said, that doesn't mean Snoke isn't Plaguies. The writers could very well be taking from other stories and putting their own twist on them.

I recall an interview on the matter of Snoke's identity with Andy Serkis, who flat out said Snoke is a new character. Whether or not he was telling the truth is up for debate, but that's another discussion altogether.

Snoke is not Plagueis, at least when JJ Abrams and another dude from the pictures team were asked about Plaguies theory, they clearly demonstrated that they had no idea who Plagueis is. I can't find the link to the interview.

Ofc, all of that could change but I don't think Snoke is going to be Plagueis.

Could be wrong though, who knows.

[member="Celiana"] Plagueis is canon as much as Palpatine tells us about him. The backstory and what happened in the novel isn't, in this "Disney" era, so what you have read before, is not canon.

So regarding who or what happens...or happened... to Plagueis in Disney's hands is anyone's guess now.

Kes En'jusek

Cold Blooded Assassin.
Wasn't Plagueis mentioned by Palpatine in the prequels? Episode 3 when he and Anakin were in that theatre type place and Palpatine tells Anakin that it is possible to bring people back from the dead? I can't remember. Haven't seen Episodes 2 and 3 as many times as I've seen 4, 5, 6 and 7. Oh and sadly 1. Although the duel between Qui Gon/Obi Wan vs Maul was insane and that part I've watched over and over again. Anyway if Plagueis is mentioned in the actual movies, then he is canon.

The character is, the book and all it contains is not. So yes, what [member="Connor Harrison"] said. :)

Per Wikipedia:

The character was created by George Lucas as early as the first draft of Revenge of the Sith—dated April 2003—and possibly earlier than that. His story was massively expanded upon in the 2012 novel Darth Plagueis, written by James Luceno. However, that story is part of the Star Wars legends continuity, formerly known as the "Expanded Universe," and is therefore not official canon. The novel Tarkin, also by Luceno, includes a number of references to Plagueis and canonizes certain elements that had been introduced in the Darth Plagueis novel.

Kes En'jusek

Cold Blooded Assassin.
Atin Vendet said:
I wish snoke was plagious
Well at this stage no one really knows anything so you never know, your wish could still come true. As long as Jar Jar stupid Binks was never ever really a dark lord of the Sith, then anything else is okay.

Shadow Hand
Top Poster Of Month
[member="Celiana"]

First off I'm going to lead into this with are you asking if hes canon on Chaos, or in the disney canon?

On Chaos we use legends so yes.

Disney canon the only thing we know about him is what Palpatine mentioned in Episode III about Plagueis the Wise. As for if hes Snoke or not that has remained to be seen.

Yeah I was just asking due to fan theories about Snoke being Plagueis. I knew he was mentioned in Revenge of the Sith but having read James Luceno's Darth Plagueis was curious if it'd even be possible to use any of that as history in the movies as it was "legends" stuff. Now we have Ezra Bridger on Malachor the exact type of Kylo Ren Saber and so much other previous "non-canon" stuff becoming canon that it's hurting my brain. Lol

oegam'recu said:
Actualy, he is also talked about a bit in the book Tarkin (which is cannon). I have not finished Tarkin yet though do i don't fully know.
I have seen theories that Tarkin is Snoke, and I have to say, they don't sound as far-fetched as most others i've heard.

Movies do not have to follow their own canon, they can take from legends as they please, like with Coruscant, and make it movie canon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom