Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Invasion of Wayland OOC Discussion

TL= Turbolaser.

Full mathematical formula = http://www.stardestroyer.net/tlc/Power/

"Therefore, if we are conservative and use the melting point (more specific figure than boiling point), and use 20 meter asteroids, with the melting figure of ~30 TJ: a medium-sized TL bolt must have in excess of 450 terawatts of firepower.

When discussing a weapon, there is more than one way of expressing firepower. Turbolasers fire "bolts", so the firepower of each bolt can be measured. These bolts are only fired once per unit time, so the "sustained" firepower is the power of each bolt divided by this unit of time. These mid-sized TL bolts can be fired at least once every two seconds, so a turbolaser cannon must have a sustained firepower of at least 15 terawatts. Assuming they can be fired once per second, they would have a sustained output of at least 30 terawatts (since one of the smallest estimated diameters of the asteroids is used, and only the melting point, this estimate is ridiculously conservative).

In comparison, the United States now produces 500-600 gigawatts of electrical power. This is a whole order of magnitude less than the power of a single middle-sized turbolaser.
The atomic bomb that was dropped on Hiroshima was rated at 15 kilotons. This translates to about 63 terajoules. Using my conservative estimate for TL bolts (ignoring vaporisation), a middle-sized TL bolt has about 30 TJ of energy.

Therefore, a TL bolt has about half the energy of the Hiroshima bomb."

[member="Bal'gul"]

You're a smart guy, I don't like smart guys.

-Orders the orbital bombardment of the area regardless of the loss of tanks. Afterwards I launch several drop ships from my Capital Ship to retake the area which is, likely, now a crater devoid of life.-

[member="Grimm"]

Please be a bit more aware of the board rules... Not to mention this is completely irrelevant and not pertaining to the factions involved. (This is an Invasion OOC)

3. This board is rated PG-13.

5. Swearing is strongly discouraged. Excessive and unnecessary swearing is not allowed.

Anja Aj'Rou said:
God bless America.
3e16efbd753dad3e3bcb28808d08b539.jpg

Bal'gul said:
TL= Turbolaser.

Full mathematical formula = http://www.stardestroyer.net/tlc/Power/

"Therefore, if we are conservative and use the melting point (more specific figure than boiling point), and use 20 meter asteroids, with the melting figure of ~30 TJ: a medium-sized TL bolt must have in excess of 450 terawatts of firepower.

When discussing a weapon, there is more than one way of expressing firepower. Turbolasers fire "bolts", so the firepower of each bolt can be measured. These bolts are only fired once per unit time, so the "sustained" firepower is the power of each bolt divided by this unit of time. These mid-sized TL bolts can be fired at least once every two seconds, so a turbolaser cannon must have a sustained firepower of at least 15 terawatts. Assuming they can be fired once per second, they would have a sustained output of at least 30 terawatts (since one of the smallest estimated diameters of the asteroids is used, and only the melting point, this estimate is ridiculously conservative).

In comparison, the United States now produces 500-600 gigawatts of electrical power. This is a whole order of magnitude less than the power of a single middle-sized turbolaser.
The atomic bomb that was dropped on Hiroshima was rated at 15 kilotons. This translates to about 63 terajoules. Using my conservative estimate for TL bolts (ignoring vaporisation), a middle-sized TL bolt has about 30 TJ of energy.

Therefore, a TL bolt has about half the energy of the Hiroshima bomb."

Vulcan Mass-Driver Flak Cannon

[member="Bal'gul"]

It'd be more effective than the Turbolaser.

"The extent of Mandalorian confidence in the new fighter's abilities can be gauged by the fact that Fett gave Murkhana advance warning of exactly what they were going to target. At first Murkhana targeted the small group of ships with several squadrons of standard fighters. The defenders then realized how powerful the ships were, eventually having the entire fleet bombard the small group. Most of the shots ricocheted off harmlessly, allowing Fett and his team to easily accomplish the raid with little to no damage." - Bes'uliik Starfighter (which may or may not be about as heavily armored as a Myrkava)

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Bes'uliik

Yeah, I read the book where that came from. They weren't getting hit with turbo laser fire, mainly because hitting a small fast-moving target with a turbo laser resembles trying to launch a trebuchet at a single mounted rider, only five times as difficult. They were taking laser cannon and quad-turret fire. I don't remember one of them shrugging off a TL bolt.

I can already tell this is gonna be a great invasion <3

Looking forward to courteous canon debates.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom