Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rules Update Invasion Judgement Update Pt. II

Once an Invasion has reached its conclusion, the thread will be judged by a panel of Site Administrators and/or Roleplay Judges.

This is a review and judgement on the entire thread, including the faction stories, individual plots and cooperation between groups. An emphasis in this judgement is on teamwork, good writing and collaboration. The results of individual battles and duels are less important than the means used to get there.

Once this judgement has been decided it will be announced by one of the Administrators.

Text in red has been removed from the rules.

There is no expectation for a review nor explanation required by the Site Owner/SWRP Staff Team for Invasion Judgements. The only requirement is that a decision is passed upon conclusion of the thread.

Link for the lazy: https://starwarsrp.net/ams/faction-war.2911/?article_page=12

tfw the GA wins every invasion after this

You’re welcome to leave at any time. If you keep propagating unchecked crybaby and toxic attitude, you might not have a choice.

RPJs are back, judged Invasions will be coming back, tyranny reigns is back. The world that coddles your attitude and lets you go because “you were just joking” about being such a big crybaby openly, that’s not coming back.

You’re too invested. Respectfully, touch some grass and try shutting up.

Sincerely,
Probably Every MFO That Has Had To Deal With You

So invasion judgements are being done based on abitrary ideals by staff? And we're meant to be kept in the dark about what it takes to win an invasion?

Listen,

I've been where you've been. Trust me. Spending weeks of your life writing a story for competition's sake, only to come out the other side with an unexpected L.

It happens. It's lame. But the hex, won or lost, will not be something you remember in finer details. You'll remember the story, your writing partner, and the ENERGY around it among your community. If you carry that into those threads, you will enjoy them whether you win or lose. And that enjoyment is ELECTRIC. Make it fun! Let other people FEEL what you're feeling.

Find your joy in the journey, alongside those you've chosen to travel with. Not the destination.

Sincerely,

The Guy Who Was in the Exact Same Spot as You Two Years Ago

Kyric Kyric

Shut up.

@everyone else

7 months ago btw, from MFO chat

a02712893f72fb2195f13181f3a45efa.png

2cb68ec057dfa7bee0b5e0e8e83ac842.png

edb70f54951ffb09beb347ccc9479912.png

if you don't like autocracy, tyranny, you are free to petition your leaders to "pre-determined" threads. Nobody here cares. But if the MFOs are getting winded from shouldering the concession game, it's back to full blown tyranny. I know exactly how I want it done, to the T, and I know the entirety of the community won't like how I get it done. But this portion isn't something I'm going to budge on pandering for. Invasion Judgements are a my way or the highway discussion, the MFOs/Factions lost their bargaining power on the subject.

The only power the MFOs/Factions have, in return, is to return to form on concessions, pre-determines, whatever it's called. I always said, the strongest thing two factions can do is agree on something.

Sincerely,
Shut up Kyric shut up shut up boy shut

W
Really? Because the clearly stated, but now deleted, rules say something else. Now, it could be based on anything.
What actually consists of "Good teamwork", "Good writing" and "Good collaboration" is inherently subjective and good teamwork and collaboration is something we should be doing anyways both with our own faction and our opposition. Good writing is the MOST subjective out of the deleted criteria and all aspects of what someone considers "good" of the following will change person to person - subjective

Just have fun writing and practicing/improving your craft and you'll be aight

I feel like I’ve argued, debated, discussed every angle of this. It is a fun discussion to have, when people are adult about it. For example, the culture literally tried to combat it with “predetermined” thread. In reality, to me, and I could be wrong - it was yet another example of a culture changing the language to combat a problem.

The problem is, losing just sometimes sucks, man. Even when you had stellar story. Even when you checked all those boxes and said all those words people always say in these discussions that basically are just different ways to say “just have fun”. Bro I AM TRYING TO HAVE FUN BY WINNING like how can I just enjoy my character and my story if I’m trying to win and my writer already knows I’m going to lose.

I get all angles of the discussion, and honestly Chaos has had some pretty healthy Invasion cycles as far as the rules and the Staff Team are concerned. I’m good with whatever direction. The RPJs and the Admins shouldered Invasion judgements uninterrupted for like 8 years straight, we’re the strongest pillar capable of holding the torch on this issue regardless of community opinion. But we had a cultural move to having the MFOs shoulder most of the responsibility, while I very publicly drew the RPJs back in solidarity.

But the MFOs are not built to last, as detailed in my previous response. It was never the intention. With so many changing faces, so quickly, eventually the dam breaks and you get people refusing to concede. Eventually an MFO gets tired of losing, or having debates about losing. Like how many conversations do you have just to roleplay? Invasions are already exhausting enough. From the vantage point of my 12 year tenure, its just a waiting game I’ll always eventually be right about. Wrong this month, that month, but eventually proven right.

Because eventually, everyone just wants to drunkenly yell “ARE YOU BLIND” at the referee. Staff provides the ref. I’m okay going in circles on this discussion for the 50th time in my career, cause its sometimes fun and thought provoking, but the natural progression of Chaos is to always end up back yelling at the ref.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom