Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Suggestion Invasion and Post-Invasion Treaty Idea

Okay, so I was thinking about invasions and how they work.

That inevitably led me to think about Hearts of Iron 4 and how territory is utilized in that video game.

And as I was pondering upon these subjects, I thought up an idea for how the invasion mechanic could be changed, perhaps improved, by using HOI4 as inspiration.

Here is a cut-out of the current border between the Silver Jedi Order and the Sith Empire:

Qkc4AjZ.png

Now, let's say in a hypothetical conflict a series of successful SJO invasions happen, and they take the Metalorn/Ringo Vinda, Anzat, and Jabiim hexes away from TSE. What if instead of fully being transferred to SJO, the hexes are colored with a lighter shade of SJO's color and are considered occupied territory. TSE can still try to fight and take them back, but for the moment they are SJO's possessions.

zW8Dsbp.png

Now what I'm suggesting is that when the two sides come to an agreement about the end of their conflict, they can ICly and OOCly negotiate which territories return to TSE and which one SJO gets to keep for realsies. I've drawn this out as TSE keeping Anzat, but having to fork over Jabiim and Ringo Vinda to SJO as a result of the treaty.

50zE5ng.png

I think this would add a lot more dimension and depth to how invasions are waged and how wars on Chaos are ended. Let me know what you think of my idea, and feel free to expand upon it or point out the flaws in a constructive manner.

Thank you.

Creating a means where factions can see a resolution to a war that gives both sides something, in the end, isn't a terrible idea.

The only thing I have to know is why not use the current set of rules on the site? In your hypothetical example, nothing would stop SJO and TSE from pointing out they don't want to fight this war anymore, cede some territory back to TSE via a diplo thread, and then end of the conflict. Would this treaty idea see RP or just OOC agreements via a discord/vote/pm/discussion on the board? If it does see RP, do you think there would be requirements to the mechanic, similar to diplos/doms/invasions? Post minimums and the like is what I'm referring to.

I suppose you could do that, but I think this would better streamline the process by just having one special diplo thread that would result in a larger scale of territory transference rather than having to do one for each hex you want to give back.

And it would be more thematic, as the treaties would be major lore moments akin to the Treaty of Versailles, the Treaty of Paris, the Treaty of Brest-Litovsk, or the Treaty of Saint-Germain-en-Laye.

Vaulkhar Vaulkhar

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom