Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Into the Fold at Last [Mandalorians Dominion of Alderaan]

Objective: 1
Allies: [member="Dilios"] [member="Asmus Janes"] [member="Ember Rekali"] [member="Velos Rist"]
5/35

She smiled a little when he said "We're here to kill Death Watch. We're not here for personal gain. If killing Death Watch means tossing a baradium charge in there and turning the whole mine to vapor, that's what we'll do. Exactly how much of this materiel is here so you can take phrikite ore instead of focusing on our objectives?" Almost with a slightly sarcastic remark back, If a baradium charge destroys the phrik beyond use, it was not very good quality phrik to begin with. She then paused and said Why should the two be mutually exclusive, war and profit. After all I have no long term ambition on this planet, they seem to want to steal all Mandalorian men, possibly because there something wrong with all the Adlerian men. She shrugged her shoulders, as she spoke the tongue in cheek comment.

Though she was know quite aware the battle had started, she spoke through a mic to give her initial orders.
RED, BLUE and YELLOW SQUADRONS LAUNCH.
They would begin looking for enemy interceptors, and try and take them out. This way her bombers would have better chance of hitting their targets, as they would not be harassed by enemy forces.
She moved her hand and pointed it towards the cave, which gave signaled for her droids to begin moving in. She did this as it was better to risk the machines first, than actual true mandalorian lives.

She then posed another question to Ember Rekali, one that had perplexed her over last few months.

So what do you think of new Mandalorian Empire, and there new Mandalore the Reclaimer?

She was unsure of this was she the new mandalore, or just an imposter. As one way meant the clans would rally round her, another meant war one way or another.

[member="Ember Rekali"]

“Much obliged. Don’t need much, just permission to have a little chat over the comms about battlefield management discipline. Promise I’ll be gentle,” Davon said. The chain of command didn’t tend to cross clan boundaries except at the highest echelons during a large operation. Yet Davon still spoke with a tone that conveyed respect. The forgetful young Rekali wouldn’t be afforded the same privilege. Then again, a Karr would receive worse in the same situation.

He would have considered easing his helmet off to address Ember in a more personal fashion, but not this close to the enemy positions. Artillery fire echoed through the terrain as the large scale assault continued on the Death Watch camp. A necessary job, but also perhaps the easiest. Digging the buggers out of their rat holes would end up with a much bigger pile of dead youngsters in exchange for finishing off just a few Death Watch. Despite the constant attacks Karr doubted there were that many of them spread around in the mountains. Back on Agamar he’d made a few well trained men seem like a mighty rebellion to those occupying the world.

“Davon, of Clan Karr, House Betna. Been keeping to myself for about thirty years now, felt I’d earned my rest after a good fifties years of service. Then they attacked mine on Agamar.”

Their mistake, he thought to himself. Even now a flash of pain brought an aggressive sneer to his lips.

Allies: House Rist Forces/Aldeeran Forces
Enemies: Death Watch

"Attack." Velos ordered, the former naval commander, and Aldeeran veteran ordering his House' troops to attack.

The three divisions began to move in quickly, entering the tunnel. The scouts that had been had removed the mines, and slave rig systems that had been set up. With his troops now safe, Velos had done his work, and would rely on his team commanders to strike.

They continued to enter the tunnel, till they began to meet the first pockets of Death Watch resistance. As usual, the team began to move in what Velos had told him to do. The first division, and third division attacked Death Watch's flanks, decimating some of the troops, while slowly pushing back. The first/third division ocmmanders had also seen some repeater guns they could use, and had ordered some of the troops to go and get them.As that happened, the second division went in to smash through the rear, recording a low number of casualties.

Soon, as the battle continued, the DW forces fell, and retreated.

"Sir, we have captured some territory."

"Then set that up as a base for us attacking them." Velos stated.

House Rist forces would then continue to move in, going toward Death Watch forces.

3/20

Objective 2

“I would love to have some breakfast with you two.” The truth was Attrion hadn’t eaten a decent meal in quite some time, his recent target had been very elusive and Attrion had to track him from planet to planet, not eating very well and so Attrion had jumped at the chance of some fine dining. “My family comes from a small farmstead a few kilometres away from Keldabe. We are loyal to Clan Ordo, however we tended not to get involved with any large affairs. I left Mandalore after some… complications, but help out the Mandalorian’s any time I can.” As they trio walked, Attrion curiously observed his new acquaintances, “So, how did you two meet?” He questioned.

[member="Faith Organa"] [member="Draco Vereen"]

Objective Two
[Post 4]

[member="Attrion Harnol"] [member="Faith Organa"]

"Breakfast sounds good, Cyar'ika." Draco said as he stood and waved the squire to follow the small group towards one of the dining rooms in the palace and away from the high arching windows of the main hall. There was something to be said about the architecture of Alderaan. He didn't mind getting some food this morning before everything got kicked off and good and started, and he wasn't going to let Faith go without breakfast. Not if he was aware of her having skipped the meal.

"Could be. They aren't really known for asking for assistance, and last I heard from my Sith sources there was minimal contact between them and the One Sith. I think there are here for Phrikite ore. With the Mandalorian Empire having claimed Echol'ya its harder for them to come by Beskar ore, and if they are going to fight the Clans for supremacy, they will need a lot of resources. Plus, they don't like me so much. I tried to kill their deceased boss once." He smiled at Faith, tucking his thumbs into his belt and continuing to walk through the large vaulted hallways, pillars to either side.

People in fancy clothing walked or gathered in small groups, making sure to stay out of Faith's way as she walked with her Knight-Errant and guards, plus a stranger from Mandalore. It wasn't all that uncommon place to see a Mandalorian with Draco, he was often followed by one or two T-visors. The Floors were well polished and cleaned, short red carpets on the sides of polished bronze and decorative silver inlay. Everything about Alderaan was elegant, though not necessarily inexpensive.

"Ah, Clan Ordo. Faith here is the Aliit'buir's niece, and I'm sure Alor Ordo can understand the desire to devote one's life to farming instead of other things." Complications Draco understood. It had been a long road for him as well. Having spent time as a Sith Lord, much like Alor Ordo years earlier, though never with such influence or responsibility. Draco smiled when he asked about how they met, "I will let the Princess tell that story. She is much more elegant with her words than I am."

Objective 2
Post 4

"Well then you should eat with us" Faith began walking towards where they would have breakfast 'My Uncle [member="Ordo"] is actually a bit retired though he has been helping Tia on Alpha Mae, and he's building another farm there to help with the refugees." She looked at [member="Attrion Harnol"] "So you are of Uncle Ordo's clan, my adopted Aunt Arla Balor is head of the clan right now, you might have met her"

They walked across the floor Faith was practiced at this sometimes others needed a moment, she didn't know why it was just floors after all.

"We met at a peace accord, I lost my temper wanted to leave and [member="Draco Vereen"] offered me a ride home. And the rest as they is history. Now he is stuck with me" She walked into the side dining room, "Ok, please help yourself to anything on the sideboard, and come sit"

Faith picked up a plate from the table and moved over to get some eggs, nerf bacon, some fruit, a cup of cafe, and toast. She knew Draco was the hearty breakfast type and perhaps Attrion was to there were nerf steaks, potatoes in another chafing dish.

She made herself comfortable, "Draco you said you killed their leader. I think they might be here because of the phrikite we've had a couple of raids on some of the mines, a few of the families have not yet rebuilt their forces. We may need to help, send the loyalists and members of the Alderaan military to help."

Faith looked at her guest, "Large affairs, around here there is usually nothing but large affairs, how did you find yourself here? On Alderaan."

Objective: House Syrush Rises
Allies: Alderaanians, Mandalorians, Royal House of Alderaan

The crisp air was something that she had remembered, the scent of the trees filled her nostrils as she took a deep breath. It had been ages since she had a chance to come to this place, and though it looked exactly the same, it was not. She had seen the world destroyed, where she stood she understood that it should not be. Something had recreated the planet, and even though this was King's Pass, it was not it. This though was a thought she would force out of her head. For this place was where House Syrush had once stood and under her determination it would stand once more.

House Thul had already attempted an undertaking that saw them fall from favor. Some gawdy excuse of a fortress that was supposed to hold out against any and all attack, from where House Thul had attempted to claim the Royal Throne of Alderaan as their own and oust House Organa. This though was not why she was here, for she had no desire to claim such a lofty position. Rather her mind was on something completely different.

"We must stand for ourselves..."

"Ma'am?"

It was a simple enough thought, one that had quickly slipped upon the wind and even those closest to the woman missed the words. A heavy sigh escaped her lips before she looked to the aide, the equipment gathered and ready to begin excavating the foundation and support systems that would eventually turn King's Pass into a fortress once more. That thought however remained upon her mind as she shifted slightly beneath the shade of the thick pine tree. At least these were seeded upon the world and she would be comfortable for a time without having to worry about the sun.

"We must stand for ourselves. The Mandalorians are fine allies, however Alderaan needs to stand on its own footing."

"What are you suggesting Ma'am? House Thul attempted something similar if that is the case."

A simple shake of her head pushed that thought away. That was not what she was saying, nor was that even remotely in her mind to think of an attempt. She didn't want the throne, she had no taste for such pain. No she was thinking of something entirely different, something that Alderaan needed.

"I am suggesting that Alderaan stand on its own feet. Not rely upon the Republic, the Mandalorians or even the Sith. No Alderaan must stand."

Those that were closest to her began to understand what she was thinking as she slipped from where she had stood beneath the pine tree. The tent at the base of the small hill not lavish, nor ornate. It was simple, a table with a map of the region, a bed to the side. Slipping her heavy helm from her brow and placing it upon the table, she leaned over it. Those with her slipped into the tent, watching as she marked out where their work was to begin before a voice once more rose the question.

"Ma'am? Why are we here? Surely Alderaan has enough defenses."

"Alderaan. Think of that word. Our World. We call upon the Mandalorians for aid when faced against the Republic or the Sith. No, what we need now is a return to the old days."

"Ma'am?"

Those around her were stunned, what was she suggesting? The question remained upon their faces as they all fell silent and waited for her response. The tension enough that some felt a chill fall down their spine when she brought her head up slowly. Her eyes falling upon them as a soft smirk slipped across her lips.

"I do not want the throne of House Organa. Let me make that clear. What I want is to raise House Organa, to raise the Royal Throne. I want the Kingdom of Alderaan to take its place among the stars."

Silence.

That's what remained in that tent. Silence among those that took a moment to understand what she was planning.

[member="Faith Organa"]
[member="Draco Vereen"]

Objective 2.

Attrion lay his helmet to his right, revealing a large scar running across the left side of his face and a bionic eye in place of the original. He gave a smirk at the feast that awaited him. He hesitated before gorging himself and remembered his manners, this was a civilized society, not some backstreet cantina. Plus he was in the presence of both a superior and the niece of the clan his family had sworn allegiance to. He politely cut into some nerf bacon and eggs after placing them on his platter. He swallowed and responded, “I’m but a simple man, my lady. I’m usually out exploring the galaxy and could tell the both of you some fascinating stories that you could have only dreamt of. I’m here because I try to help the Mandalorian’s in any way possible… even if it means overseeing peace arrangements.” He smiled and cut of some more food to sate his appetite. “Hunting on the farm back on Mandalore made me a crack shot, I may not be the strongest Mandalorian, but I can take the head off a Skrill from a hundred meters. You wouldn’t believe some of the things I’ve encountered back when I was younger…” (I suggest reading my bio for more info) He trailed off as if remembering some past experience. “Anyway I’m glad to serve the both of you in any way possible.”

[member="Faith Organa"] [member="Draco Vereen"]

Objective Two
[Post 5]

[member="Attrion Harnol"] [member="Faith Organa"]

"Stuck with you?" Draco chuckled to himself, glancing at Faith letting his storm grey eyes fall over her, "I'm not sure that's how I would describe it. I mean, it wasn't my family that kept wanting us to reconsider." It might not be the best joke, but it was truthful, and he didn't find it hurtful or anything. The fact that he wasn't aware of any living relatives didn't detract from the humor in his eyes. He didn't exactly spend his life mourning their loss, and he had been separated for them for sometime.

Draco stuck a few pieces of nerf meat on his plate and surrounded it with eggs, a few strips of bacon from some porcine creature, vegetables, and potatoes. Having taken up a vigorous exercise routine, Draco required a bit more protein than normal, and supplemented his diet with an abundance of power rations. That only meant when he got to eat real food he was extraordinarily grateful and liked to fill and then clean his plate when he could.

"Nah, I just fought the Gen'dai. We begrudgingly parted ways, but since then he has been slain by others and Death Watch has slipped into a couple of sects. Some are worse than others." There were two distinct sects, terrorists that liked to say they held to the old ways but didn't, and usurpers who did hold to the old ways but wanted power for themselves. Nothing the Clans couldn't handle, they just had to start working together better, communicating between each other to do what needed to be done.

"I'm glad to hear you are willing to serve the Royal House of Organa, but that isn't exactly what I had in mind for the clans relationship with Alderaan." Dathomir came to mind, so did the Techno Union's agreement with Ascension. Though he had overseen and approved the agreement with Ascension, he had done so for ease of simplicity. He had liked the man in charge and handed him authority and responsibility over his own home, and was never given a reason to regret it. With Alderaan it was a bit trickier. Its proximity to the Sith, its distance from Mandalore, and its phrikite ore made it difficult to maintain autonomy, though not impossible.

His plan would be discussed later between he and Faith, and any other Alor that showed up, and likely [member="Alyesa Organa"] or [member="Arianna Organa"] . The Queen had wanted to remain neutral between the Republic and the Mandalorians, but he doubted she would make that choice again between the Mandalorians and the One Sith.

"Well Harnol, the Clans and Alderaan aren't exactly at odds. There are a couple of familial bonds between Mandalore and Alderaan, and when the War with the Republic broke out, it was Alderaan who sought peace between us. That said, the goal is to ensure the Clans and the Royal Houses are all happy with the arrangements that are made. There isn't a massive fleet above the planet anymore like I had posted here months ago, but the defenses are still quite strong. I'd be happy to hear any suggestions you have about bringing Alderaan under the protection of the Clans."

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
Ember held up a hand to [member="Sabine Kurtass"]. "Give me a moment," he said. "Mando business."

He turned back to [member="Davon Karr"]. "Death Watch killed my oldest a few years back," he said. "Right at the edge of Keldabe. That's when I came out of retirement. Before that I was just sitting and training on Yavin Four, and that was a mistake. If you want a job done right..." He let out a slow breath, then shook his head. "Say whatever you have to say to keep my boys from screwing up and getting themselves or other vode killed."

Now his attention returned to Kurtass, who'd just finished ordering her personal forces to attack. Small craft flew overhead, battle droids moved in, etc. She had a question.

"The Mandalorian Empire? Their Mand'alor is family to me, but they sell beskar mining permits to the One Sith. Suffice it to say that my feelings are conflicted. Unrefined phrikite ore, pre-tyderium alloying, will evaporate just fine in a baradium explosion. And your orders, Initiate Kurtass, are to kill Death Watch, not turn a gorram profit off the vode who are dying to achieve the objective that you should be honoring. You will not be taking any phrikite ore from this mine. You will be getting in there and killing Death Watch rather than sending employees and droids to fight your battles. Do I make myself gorram clear?"

At no point did his voice rise, intensify, or speed up.

Objective 2

Attrion gave an abrupt snort. “Politics never really were my forte but I appreciate you consideration of my opinion. With Alderaan being in such a ‘precarious’ location, it’s constantly under threat from outside forces, just look at the Death Watch attack on the phrikite mine.” Attrion had, of course, heard about Death Watch’s attack and was eager to lend his aid at the battle however decided against it as he thought the forces already there were powerful enough to handle the situation and he also needed and opportunity to converse with his superiors and get his name known. “The backing of the Clans would certainly provide some protection and deterrence to any potential threats in the future if they were assist the Aldaarians.” He stared at his plate for a moment before continuing, “Of course what would I know? I’m but a humble bounty hunter.” He smirked once again, thinking his mild attempt at humor funny. “Apologies, do you happen to know where the restroom is?”

[member="Draco Vereen"] [member="Faith Organa"]

[member="Ember Rekali"] [member="Sabine Kurtass"]

“Yeah well ninety percent of what I seem to do is keep my numerous descendants from getting killed. And there are over twenty at last count so it’s hard work.” Davon replied before Ember’s attention turned back to the lady. “Especially, when they don’t listen for the mortar klaxon.”

“It was barely a flesh wound,” someone whined from his group. Was that Chad or Zed who wore the deep purple? Davon really needed to start remembering which was in which suit. It made things more difficult when some of his descendants had started naming their children in memory of his first line of adopted children.

At first he gave a respectful step back, but listened with interest on the topic of another Mandalorian faction. Yet when it came to her dressing down, he turned away. A swarm of small drones descended. Each around the size of a fist. They weren’t there for combat purposes, instead they were transmitters. As they moved through the tunnels they would extend the range of the voice and tactical data network deep down.

After Ember was done, he would ask if Kurtass wanted to tag along and get her hands dirty.

[member="Davon Karr"]
Post 6/35

A annoyed look came across her face when [member="Ember Rekali"] said Give me a moment, mando business.

She was miffed by this, like what has she not earned the right to call herself vod!
She fought against The Republic, took on a jedi master that wielded four lightsabers.
She was here was she not, what the hell do these people want from her.
She has given blood after all, what was left.

He then turned back to talk to her, she was not one hundred percent listening.
She heard little of what he had to say, but if looks could kill he be dead.
Well looks can kill, but she had not learnt that particular force power, lucky for him.

She replied her words where bitter
Meg malyasa'yr Ni kar'taylir, Ni cuyir va aliit
Bid ni kapr asas pirusti akaanir bal pabida sada!

What would I know, I am not family.
So I might as well fight and get paid!

After saying her piece back to him, she then head of to join her droids.
As soon as she was part way in front of him, a few tears started come down eyes.
She placed her helmet on, as she did not want to him to see he had got to her.
Why did the mandalorains always seem to spurn her, one way or another.
She was cruel, she was queen at times especially to those she saw as lesser.
Though she was never hartless, sith had feelings and they where usually quite plain to see.

Force help the first member of Deathwatch she meets

Objective 2
Post 5

"Protection is certainly one word I appreciate. We do not wish occupation which is entirely different." Faith looked at the two men with her they ate like she thought which was fine and when [member="Attrion Harnol"] asked for a rest room she nodded, "Out the door third door on the left." She did not know him and she knew the guards would ensure he did not wander around.

She looked at Draco, "How was your work out this morning, do you know if anyone else from Mandalore is dropping by, like maybe [member="Arrbi Betna"] , [member="Anija Betna"] or the field marshall [member="Vilaz Munin"] or [member="Elijah Rekali"] or any of the other Rekalis . I have heard the Warmaster [member="Ember Rekali"] is on Alderaan. Have you seen that communication?"

She had been up for a while, she looked at her food thinking she wasn't hungry for a change. Perhaps the knowledge that Death Watch was on Alderaan was stealing her appetite.

It was then that something soft and furry rubbed against her legs, looking down she saw Blu , "ooo you are getting big aren't you?" Faith reached down and stroked the wolf cat pup.

[member="Draco Vereen"]

Objective Two
[Post 6]

[member="Faith Organa"]

Draco ate slowly, he wasn't in a hurry, enjoying his lazy morning with his little family. Alderaan was a beautiful planet, and Aldera was equally peaceful. They were places many of the elder Mandalorians would talk about retiring to, watching their grand children grow old once they'd fought for as long as they could, but it wasn't often Mandalorians made it to retirement, and it was left often they stayed that way. The galaxy would always need men to fight, better it be those that wanted to, those that thrived in the chaos of battle, than those that didn't.

"It was fine, cyar'ika. A little lighter than I've been used to recently, but I couldn't spend too long in the training chambers with company on its way. I'm not sure what the Betna's are doing. They might swing by with a little coaxing. Same with Vilaz and Elijah. If they do stop by they will likely show up around lunch time, or we can fend them off until then if he have to." Draco smiled at Faith, stabbing his fork into another small piece of tender nerf meat and taking another bite. As always the food cooked by the royal family's chefs was excellent.

"As for Ember, the word was he was busy dealing with the Death Watch. I would be to if I hadn't made prior arrangements with you to discuss bringing Alderaan under the protection of the clans. He may stop in after they've been dealt with." Draco frowned. He wanted to be up there fighting almost as much as he wanted to by lying in bed still, wrapped in Faith's arms. He knew his vode could handle it, could handle the threat. They had come on a grudge hunt with no real prompting or offering of reward as it was, and he understood that. Prior obligations to his family on Alderaan would prevent him from joining them directly, though he did ask Rach to fly air support for the vode trying to make there way to the mines.

Draco watched Faith mess with what little she had on her plate and distract herself with Blu. She would be grumpy and irritable if she didn't eat a decent breakfast. "You have to eat baby. You have to take care of yourself or your butt might shrink and break my heart." He grinned devilishly across the table at the Princess.

Objective Two
Post 6

"I know I'm just not real hungry today, and my butt is not up for discussion" She shook her head at him even as she laughed.

"This second attempt at bringing Alderaan under the protection of the Clans. You know Draco many of the Vod may just feel, like been there done that. Ain't going back. It's hard to swallow when you work so hard for something just to be told no." She pushed the egg around again.

"Death Watch, just saying the words is difficult. They are here on Alderaan of all places they could go. So many easier targets out there, unless." She looked across the table, "What if the Sith are sponsoring them? In the past they did, right?" What if this was the Sith trying to test their defenses.

She needed information, "We need to tell [member="Ember Rekali"] if he can, get us a prisoner to talk to. Have to find out what prompted all of this." She pushed the egg again. "ugh" she pushed the plate away, she just wasn't hungry. She had the state of Alderaan on her mind. She knew some of the nobles were now involved in engaging the intruders.

She felt a need to join them.

"maybe we should go out there"

[member="Draco Vereen"]

Objective Two
[Post 7]

[member="Faith Organa"]

Draco grinned, sticking his chin out at her. It may not be up for discussion, but he brought it up a lot when they got to sit around the table and eat as a couple, even with a few people milling around the palace. "I know how they are." He shrugged, "Many of them were willing to do what they needed to, and well. The other Alor's know what this world means to me. Those that turn up to help secure this world, I will be eternally grateful to. I will owe them for helping make my home a safer place. But that doesn't mean they will enjoy meeting with your mother again. She turned them away once." He frowned as she watched her mess with the food on her plate some more without actually taking a bite.

"I worked for the Sith a month ago, and they had no ties to Death Watch." He shrugged, "But that doesn't mean they haven't reached out to each other since I parted ways quietly." Draco sighed, pointing at her plate with his fork. "You have to eat something, especially if you want me to take you anywhere near a combat zone."

He took the last bite off his own plate and downed it, sipping on a cup of juice before returning to that subject. "And you, being in rifle range. Isn't going to happen." The warrior put his fork down on the plate and looked Faith in the eyes, watching her golden eyes stare back at him. He understood her need to contribute. To not just be a princess in a castle waiting to be rescued. He wanted to go out there and help to. "How about me and you set up a command center at the south Landing zone. We can help with the wounded and provide some battlefield support." And keep her far enough away from the fighting that his heart wasn't lodged in his throat. Beyond that he would make sure there was something between her and any possible snipers.

"I'll call one of my boys to meet us out there with a walker and we will drag some of the Royal Guard and Royal military out there." He winked at her. Draco knew how to keep his Faith happy, hopefully this would work for her.

Objective 2

[member="Draco Vereen"] [member="Faith Organa"]

“Thank you Princess.” He gave a curt nod, placed his helm under his left arm and began walking to the location she had directed him to. As he walked, two guards fell in step behind him, he observed them for a while, then focused back in front of him, Protocol, nothing like a Mando wandering the halls by himself. He made his way to the bathroom and looked back at the guards, “Thank you, there’s really no need to follow me inside, unless you ‘want’ to watch me?” The guards got the message and took up positions to either side of the door. Attrion entered and set his helm down on a counter, he stretched out his muscles and gave an elongated sigh, he never really was good at politics, was he. He recalibrated the sensor module in his bionic eye and walked out of the restroom. As he approached the food table again he stopped and patiently waited until their conversation had finished, “Apologies, I have some important business to take care of, if you can excuse me I shall return soon.”

Objective: our own. Peaceful discussions with Rehk'thel colony, Alderaan and philosophical discussion.

“So…” Jun started. Her elegant fingers, each tipped with a separate tool, were wrapped around the stem of a glass. The shaper had expressed a preference for drinking from the infidel’s transparent vessels shortly after admitting that she’d modified her own biology to taste food as humans did.

So…” Khallesh prompted. She hated when she was summoned to Jun’s chambers when she was in one of these moods. The shaper lived on one of the outer protrusions on the vessel. Despite the overcrowding she maintained a very large space just for herself and some experiments.

“You met a number of Yuuzhan Vong who had become almost completely native. You didn't kill any of them,” Jun said, lifting the glass to her lips.

“Because you told me not to. They did have a way of keeping to some of our beliefs.”

“It wasn't the worst experience ever. If I recall…”

“What is this about exactly?” Khallesh snapped, losing her patience.

“You've met those who have gone completely native. I need you to go and talk to those who are… somewhere in the middle. A colony of our people decided to stay and live live in peace under the Republic. No, don't pull that face. It's listening time Khallesh Val.”

The sneer slowly left the huntress’s face, but she shot the Master Shaper a withering glare.

Jun merely smiled sweetly. “I want you to go and talk to them.”

“Why?”

“Because I can trust you not to pick fights, mostly. And because of your reputation. They do have a sort of warrior caste still.”

Khallesh looked confused at this, canting one head to the side. “They live in peace, but they have a warrior caste?”

“They mostly enforce law and order.”

“Right. So stand there in silence for effect?”

“No, Khallesh, then everyone would assume you're just my pawn to appear when I need you for appearances sake.”

“And I'm not?” Khallesh asked dubiously.

“It's a mutually beneficial arrangement,” Jun retorted.

“And my benefit this time is…”

Jun smiled. She leaned back in her hau polyp chair. In her ever fluid robes and her shifting headdress she appeared to melt back into it. “When I think back to what a naive little thing you were when we met. It was also difficult to work with you because you only communicated in a series of grunts. And now you're playing word games.”

“And you're stalling,” Khallesh observed. For the first time she then saw the strain on the shaper’s face. The migration had been hard on them all. But the shapers and Indendants were expected to keep the fleet running and mouths fed.

“I have no benefit for you Khallesh. Just some for all. We have thralls, many thralls. But we also lack raw materials and resources. The Alderaan colony has that. We need to find an agreement with them. And no, we can't take them before you ask. Our spies have suggested we couldn't win that fight and a one time haul isn't what we need. We need some sustainability.”

“Very well,” Khallesh replied.

Jun’s eyes darted back and forth as if searching for the deception at hand. “That's it?”

“I can make up my own mind you know.”

“Well then. Oh and take that big brutish thing.”

“[member="Kur-gal Kwaad"]? Why?”

“I'm bringing you because your voice holds sway. Back on the mountain that great thing rumbled in its voice and all the males paid attention. Your kind is dominated by simple males who pay attention to the words of the largest lump of muscle.”

“If that thing spoke out of turn to me, I would cut him down to size without hesitation,” Khallesh replied a little testily. Perhaps this was a contradictory attitude on her part, she mused. Simultaneously snapping at Jun for being her puppet, whilst also being aggravated by the thought of needing another to help in her task.

“I know, which is why your job is to ensure he says the right things…”

Objective 1:
Allies: House Rist/ Aldeeran Forces
Enemies: Death Watch

"Lord Rist, we have captured a large amount of Death Watch territory, and our advance inside the phrik mines continue to remain unhampered. Aldeeran Forces have also arrived, and have been placed under your command."

"Excellent. Remember that our main goal is to eliminate Death Watch, and to make sure that this mines are safe. Have them move up in the same formation that the other divisions are in, and make sure that our second division is what gets the most reinforcements."

"Sir, yes sir."

Meanwhile, as the Aldeeran Forces advanced inside the entrance of the mine, House Rist forces continued to face a large amount of Death Watch forces, CQC occurring in a number of situations. If there was any house that was known for martial arts, and assassination tactics, it was House Rist, and even against the Mandalorians, they proved to be able to handle themselves, the Count of House Rist proud to receive news that the House Rist forces had won that victory, albeit at a higher casualty cost than before.

"My Lord. The Aldeeran Forces should be reinforcing our divisions as we speak."

"Excellent. Continue the advance." Velos stated.

4/20

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom