Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Interstellar Truckstop (CIS welcome)

ezgif-2-28fd6599c674.gif
The Rusty Gonk
(The Corellian Run)
No one wanted to go to the Rusty Gonk, the ratty old Cantina had a terrible band, worse service and perhaps the worst caffine in known space.

However, it was also the only cantina on the elderly but prosperous station that serviced part of the Corellian Run - for reasons too complex to explain here, that involved ancient trade deals and a Hutt crime family - and so if you wanted a drink, or even to get away from your ship while it was being fueled and serviced...

... well, you went to the Rusty Gonk.

Given that the CIS fleet was returning from a trip to the galactic north, quite a few ships were docked at the station today - business had been brisk and looked like staying that way, despite the occasional bar fight.

Shia stood at the bar, she didn't really want to be here, she had places to be and a wife to get back to, but one of the ships in her small convoy had blown a motivator, and the backwash had fried several circuits.

So she stood, leaned on the bar in her armour - she'd left the helmet and the modular weapons behind - and tried not to look too sourly at what this place thought passed for Spacers Blue. She hadn't dared asked for tihaar. She couldn't stand the spiritual offence to her peoples soul. She didn't know most - any - of the CIS-types filling the place, so for now she was slightly at a lose end, and she looked it.

[member="Lirka Ka"]

Gray had honestly very little reason to be here. His ship was in good condition and had enough fuel. It was also not very common for Gray to be where many from the Confederacy were, though he was part of the CIS himself. He just didn't like it to be too crowded. But still, he was on his way to the Rusty Gonk. It wouldn't be the first time he was there, and not the last either.

The Place wasn't good, no good Food, drinks or Music. But Gray liked it there. Especially when he needed to get away from his ship for some hours. But he usually brought some alcohol of his own to spice up his drinks.

As he entered, the Place was packed With People. Gray could see a few smugglers he knew, but didn't feel like talking With them. He just went up to the bar, hoping they hadn't seen him. He placed himself to the side of someone that looked like a rattataki, and ordered a drink.
When he recieved it, he poured some of his own into it, drank it all at once, and smiled.

[member="Shia Kryze"] | [member="Lirka Ka"]

Many would easily refer to Lirka as a heavily armored Space Hobo Marshal, did she actually live anywhere? Nobody knew. Did she jump ship to ship taking whatever excess space was there? Absolutely. Like some bizarre elfy mynock.

[SIZE=11pt]And so this fleet had ended up being Lirka’s home for a brief moment, and going to the Rusty Gonk didn’t feel too bad for her at all. She liked places like this, the booze was cheap and trashy, the people were gruff and violent, and she could get away with beating some man into a fine red paste.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]Getting into this crowd was easily, clad in heavy armor she had sat herself down at the bar: building up a tower of empty glasses and soon the Sephi was spitting out old stories, her own grandeur and what not to make sure these little rats knew she would gladly crush them.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]“-And then I grabbed his head, and crushed it like some chunk of fruit!”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]Graphic idea, to say the least.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt][member="Gray Venasir"] [member="Shia Kryze"][/SIZE]

Graphic, and rather improbable to say the least.

Shia turned to regard the boasting speaker in her heavy armour, she didn’t recognise the race... but it wasn’t an uncommon one in the CIS, she thought. Sep... something.

The armour was impressive enough, sure, but the boast...

“Excuse me.” She said to the man who’d just arrived next to her. “But I can’t let that stand unchallenged, sorry in advance if this gets out of hand.”

She turned towards the boast.

“Heads don’t crush like that.” She interjected into the conversation. “Not like fruit, or anything else. Not unless he had cartilage for a skull. Good story, though.”

Boasting was a time honoured tradition, you had to call nonsense on some bits, even with strangers.

Besides, even a fight would beat drinking alone.

[member="Lirka Ka"] [member="Gray Venasir"]​

The woman standing next to him was brave. Very brave, to challenge him to a drinking contest. Gray looked at her, gave a cocky smile, and threw some credits on the bar. "First round's on me. I hope you know what you have just started?"

He then turned around and looked at the same People the Challenger did. He had arrived too late to hear the Whole story of the boast, but he knew most of it was lies, or exagerated. He was used to telling such stories himself, when he got drunk enough. Before he had got anything to drink, he was usually not talking to anyone, just sitting and listening. But when a few drinks had been downed, the stories began.

Their drinks came, but this time Gray didn't put some of his own in it. What he had was meant to be enjoyed, not used in contests. Besides, it was strong enough to make him lose not too long into the contest. He took his drink and drank all. "You know, I didn't come here to have a contest. But I Guess I have to crush you now."

[member="Shia Kryze"] | [member="Lirka Ka"]

"Well ain't you just the life of the party, aren't you baldy?"

Seems Lirka already had a nickname for the newcomer, the drunken Sephi giving a wide grin over to the woman. Slamming an armored gauntlet on the table and sending quite the tremor: thankfully nothing falling or unleashing any sort of tumbling fall of broken glass.

"I crushed his head. With this hand. Nicer to think of like a fruit, yeah?"

Good. Having someone challenge it made for a better story. And who knows, maybe they'd punch each other. That'd be fun.

[member="Gray Venasir"] [member="Shia Kryze"]

Shia laughed, but unlike anyone born bald, she did not even so much as run a hand over her head as most would.

“Fine, like a fruit then. But it seems we have a challenger here as well...”

She nodded to Gray, not bothering to ask the mans name, it didn’t seem very important right at this moment.

“So what do you think? Can you do better than crushing a skull like fruit with your awesome hand?”

Shia held up a hand as if to grasp a skull... or a fruit, letting her muscles tense to emulate - or mock - quivering power.

[member="Lirka Ka"] | [member="Gray Venasir"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom