Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

LFG Interest Check: Writers of Weik

Sola Wessiri

S
Hey there,

To elaborate an earlier LFG, I'm looking to expand more lore on Weik. I've got useful links both in Sola's bio, as well as in these two threads:

Market for the Weik
Bad Night of the Weik

(Yes, there will be plenty of punny titles >.< )

The types of characters needed are:
  • Paladins (similar to Jedi)
  • Lucites (Sith cult who's members hide out in the open)
  • Trades Guild Masters (Leaders of Weik)
  • Trades Guild Members (Businessmen and women)
  • Crime lords
  • Warlords (other continents on Weik compete with Vossport for control over the planet's trade, secretly funded by various members of the Trade Guild)
  • Pirates (sail wind-ships on the seas)
  • Scavengers (skeletons of old crashed ships dot the landscape)
  • Hunters (both of animals and people)
  • Farmers
  • New visitors (either crashed or not)
Weik is not primitive to the point that they have no electricity at all, but think of them moreso as having it restricted to lights, cooking and heat, similar to the Victorian era. They had horse-like creatures to ride and pull their carts, and there wasn't any air travel. Instead they travelled in wind-ships on the seas.

And it's not just humans that make up the population. There are Twi'leks, Duros, Zabraks and Lanniks too.

So yes, some might have to create new characters like I have. Or some can use current ones that they have on hand :)

If there's enough interest, (and I see just what types of characters need to be NPC'd, then I'll get cracking on proper subs for locations and fortifications. Weik is feudal, so there will be war at times. Think of it like the Galaxy map, but on a smaller scale.

Weik is also a Force Nexus, so that's a big draw there too. :)

Anyone else looking to help?

Finley Finley ^^

Last edited by a moderator:

Ticca

It's harder to heal than it is to kill.
I think this could be really fun. I would be interested, and could perhaps use either Ticca or Y-1N. I could even create a new character for Weik. taps her cheek I'm not sure which appeals more to me at the moment, but if you have a preference do let me know. ^^ And yes, I do love the punny titles.

Sola Wessiri

S
I don't have a preference yet Ticca Ticca as it's just in the starting phase. Options are WIDE open at the moment. I tend to flip a coin or roll a dice and left fate decide :)

Bonus for the love of punny titles! <3

Ticca

Clicking shiny math rocks are an acceptable form of augury. ;p

In that case, I propose that I both use one of the characters above and create a "Weikian"? I do believe they will be a Scavenger and perhaps also a Trade Smith.

As for the above characters possibly arriving as new visitors, they do present unique opportunities. I do wonder how Weikians would react to Y-1N, and the possible opportunities for story that present themselves there? Would they see her as a golem of sorts? Are they aware of what droids are (even though Y-1N is a "sentient" droid)? Alternatively, Ticca provides insight into paladins from other worlds. ^^

Last edited:

Sola Wessiri

S
That's a good question in regards to droids. No doubt they did exist amongs the first arrivals. But perhaps the upkeep, fuel cells and the elements caused them to die off and then their parts were repurposed. That's my guess!

It'd all make for an interesting story in any case :) Ticca Ticca would also do well in sharing knowledge with the Paladins.

Y-1N

My primary function is keeping you safe~
Mhmm, that's my thought as well. And nothing prevents us from crafting more stories later.

I will of course be asking you more about Weik with regards to creating my own Weikian. giggles to herself So do be prepared for that. ^^

When you're up for a thread, please let me know. I'm very excited.

Ticca

Alrighty, In that case, let's start the bombardment. giggles to herself

So about the Trades Guild, how does that work? Are there in fact other villages where they trade between themselves? In terms of currency, is it a barter system primarily?

Furthermore, how does one become a member? Is it similar to a Feudalistic style where the current members take on apprentices that then graduate into full time members?

For scavenging, is it assumed that the pieces recovered benefit all of Weik? Is there a claims system to ensure that different scavenging groups do not fight over the same ship? Would some of them be more nefarious and come into conflict with the others anyway?

And this is just something I'm curious about, as you mentioned they are not killed, but what happens to captured/former Lucites?

Sola Wessiri

S
Ticca Ticca

Just waking up and having my first sips of coffee, so bare with me if my thoughts are still muddled with dreamland.

There are other continents on Weik which are travelled to and from with the wind-ships, which carry goods. And there are other cities on the continent that Vossport is on, it's just that Vossport is the Capital. They have a currency system which they call 'credits', however they are coins derived from various metals. The barter system is allowed as well, so long as both parties agree.

Trades Guild is feudalistic. One has to earn their way in and work to the top. Trades Guild Masters have the power to vote on members. They are much like a governing council, looking after all of Weik. They control the trade routes, and what goes in or out. If they can't settle and argument in the Guild Hall, war tends to break out.

Scavenging benefits those that find it. They can either keep what they find for themselves or trade or sell what's found. Different groups fight over claims and it's usually the Paladins that are called to settle matters.

Captured Lucites are put into Paladin custody at the Adamite Tower, instead of with the general population. There they are either held indefinetly, or reformed. Or they escape...lol

Ticca

Ooh, awesome. Definitely going to use parts of that in my backstory. I actually have a backstory for my Weikian in mind, which I will likely run by you, as it features a Warlord/ aspects of escaping succession regarding that warlord/another continent and the like. A few more questions though before that. ^^

How accepting would Vossport and the surrounding lands be of refugees from other continents? Would they too have the same rights to attempt to join the trades guild and other organizations like it? Are the Paladins considered neutral with regards to the warring factions between different Trades Guilds?

Sola Wessiri

S
They are more accepting of people from other continents than they are of people from other planets. They people from ither continents would have representation in the Trades Guild. Think of it as almost like a Senate. The Paladins are there to protect Vossport and it's people. They have fought in wars as well, going where they are instructed. It's more or less an extension of their policing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom