Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Interest Check: The Jin Empire

Hello, everyone. I have been contemplating this faction since I first started to RP Star Wars, but never have seen the chance to implement it.

In my research of the Star Wars Universe, I have found many of its cultures serve as allegory to an Earth culture. Even here, we have the Valkyri and their world of Midvinter as literal space vikings. However, I have never found a culture that directly matches that of Imperial China and / or Imperial Korea.

The Jin Empire is my answer to this. They are an honorable, pan-solar system empire. They are not malevolent like any Palpatinist claimant group. Very disciplinarian and having a high regard for honor. They are very early into their hyperspace travel, and as far as plot is concerned, the only RP-active Jinese would be a large envoy to the greater Galaxy lead by the Emperor's firstborn son (a character I would create) to introduce themselves to the Republic.

However, I am hesitant to make this faction, as I would also have to put much work into a Planet, two Species, a Starship, and possibly a couple Technology Applications to make the background . As such, I would like to see how much of an interest there is before I decide to put that much effort in.

It's a cool idea. The only thing we have close to Imperial China or Korea is Atrisia, essentially Space Samurai. There used to be an Atrisian Empire way back in the day.

Your idea is different from a typical 'Evil' Empire, Imperialism apparently always considered Imperialism. Do it!

Everything [member="Darth Vornskr"] says is a lie. Just as a point of reference, mate. The Republic's a wonderful place, and currently on the upswing. Give us a visit once you've set up and we can chat about mutual relations and who brews the best tea.

I say go for it.

[member="4ND-R0"]

I'd say just go for it. When I made the Valkyri and Midvinter subs all I had in mind was trying to fit a Norse culture into Star Wars, and I must say I'm very pleased with the result. I certainly never expected them to become so popular, so it's always exciting to see new Valkyri characters popping up! ^_^

I would actually suggest you make the necessary subs first, to make sure your species and planet is approved before working on the faction itself. Otherwise you may end up with a denied sub and your work has been for naught.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom