Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

LFG Interest Check: Expedition Firefist

Firefist, also known as Companion Besh, is a satellite galaxy in orbit with our own. For too long, it was remained largely unexplored, chronicled only via probes and what few extragalactic visitors we receive. Now, we plan to finally change that.

Calling all Historians, Scientists, Pioneers, Adventurers, or anyone else in search of the opportunity of a lifetime. A fresh start, escape from galactic turmoil, and boundless discovery await on Expedition Firefist.

Hello there! This idea came to me semi recently: an effort to explore Firefist by a coalition of colonists and explorers from across the galaxy. Expedition Firefist is an independent think-tank organization dedicated to the cause, rather than any government. Anyone willing to play along is welcome to join.

The details of its structure are incomplete at the moment, given this is just an interest check. But I envision something that is heavily influenced by writer/character involvement and agenda. Their base of operations, a small expeditionary fleet of ships built to sustain long distance travel, research, and perhaps even colonization efforts. I've compiled a small list of potential pros and cons to help explain the idea:

Pros
Unlimited Creativity
: The lore of the Firefist galaxy is sparse. This is a great opportunity to completely craft your own stories and adventures. Worlds, species, and phenomena altogether different from that of the Star Wars galaxy, built up entirely by our writer base.

Close-Knit: Given the isolated circumstances of such an expedition, our writer base will be closely tied together, and has the potential develop a variety of fleshed out relationships and interconnected storylines. But speaking of the isolation…

Cons
Disconnected
: We are explorers in an uncharted galaxy, far away from the one everybody else calls home. The map game, the goings on of the other factions, almost entirely irrelevant to what we are doing. To some of you, maybe that's a good thing. But it's also worth keeping in mind that it makes all expedition writers reliant on one another to keeps things moving.

Upward Mobility: The Firefist Galaxy is not a part of the map. So it's pretty much impossible for this to develop into a major faction, and I wouldn't expect it. To be honest, I'd say it works best conceptually as a minor anyway, and once again to some of you, that may be a positive.

So, what I wanna know is: Anyone out there interested in exploring such an idea? I think it could be a lot of fun and something different from most of what we see on the site, provided there's a group willing to write it out. I myself will be creating a brand new character to be involved, should Expedition Firefist show promise. So please, if you think this is a neat idea and would be willing to contribute a PC (old or new) to get involved, let me know below! Hope to see ya out there.

giphy.gif

Been to Firefist once or twice. Been even farther.

Emberlene's Daughter, The Jedi Generalist
Fun times

if you need it use the Silver Strands which are jedi exclusive hyperlanes to the companion galaxies and outposts that are set up out there. There is a local Crown and Spears Hall for each to offer communications and services, seeder ships for supplies and saratai vessels for colonies. As well as Jedi Chapter Houses that are set up at the end points of the hyperlanes.

Last edited:
I have a question about this project as well, is there availability for native guides from the Firefist galaxy to join the expedition? I know at least four species are listed in Legends as being from there and having a local to help join the expedition could be interesting.

The opening thread is up for those of you interested! Go party with the Ewoks. Probably shoulda tagged you all there but I didn't. Oops! So I'll do that here instead.

Atlas Drake Atlas Drake - Naivia Neryn Naivia Neryn - Kassogtha Cthylla Kassogtha Cthylla - Su Rov Su Rov - Delila Castillon Delila Castillon - Yularen Nova Yularen Nova - Jenn Kryze Jenn Kryze - Okkeus Dainlei Okkeus Dainlei - Julius Sedaire Julius Sedaire - TheCaptain TheCaptain - Kebii'kara Solus Kebii'kara Solus

ALSO I created a faction page if you wanna join there.

Kebii'kara Solus Kebii'kara Solus To answer your question, there's nothing stopping you from doing so. Not like I could enforce that even if I wanted to lol. But the expedition itself is a long-term journey into another galaxy. Likely something that would continue over years, rather than days or months. Like I said, nothing says you can't take your own ship back home for a bit if you want.

TheCaptain TheCaptain I think that sounds like a great inclusion for the Expedition! Would definitely welcome the help of a Firefist local if that was up your alley.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom