Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Interest Check: Brotherhood of Kaggath! The Papal Empire!

Are you interested?

• Yes, but it could be so much better (explain below)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No (explain criticisms below)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
[member="Tamara"]
Well we are 800 years in the future and history can be distorted a lot after a huge even like the gulag virus and 400 years of darkness. I'd say that it's fair to assume that history can be more or less differentiated from system to system

[member="Tamara"] K we get it, I'm no History major. :p

Now I suppose I do see the concerns a few of you most appreciatively constructively criticized, such as: Why is there a god, why use the term "Kaggath", etc.. Now on terms of the "god" it is merely a different outlook on what the force is, and gives purpose to the idea here. It shouldn't be a major focus really. On the term of Kaggath, I merely used it being the closest Sithese analogy to invasion, since it is a duel and canonically they were usually really big, one guy's resources against another's. I NOW understand that is probably not the best term to have used, since the enemy in this case obviously isn't a sith tradition.

HOWEVER, despite that minor (or major) error on my part, it still applies, as the ranking system is basically one huge Kaggath. Every Acolyte for himself, and the more victories the better the chances of ascension. Same thing with Knights level. Then there is the Lord level, which has the ultimate Kaggath brawl, for the title of Champion and the prize of the Entity's Voice, which would be a transcending experience.

Christian Slade

In Darkness I Thrive
My only problem before, and still my only suggestion now, would be to examine the name of said faction and decide on something different. Other than that, I'm on board.

[member="Christian Slade"] [member="Darth Voracitos"]

Brotherhood of Divinity
Champions of Shadow
The Abyssal Embrace
The Sanctity
Entity's Providence
Dark Sanctum

That is all I have at the moment... I can keep throwing out more random names if needed, but I hope some of these gave you an idea of your own. Feel free to use whatever. But I will say that instead of focusing on the fact that they fight each other to gain ranks, you should try to name it more after the religious aspect which the faction is based around.

[member="Verrin Ris'To "]I think you may or may not be entirely correct. I do believe you are correct, that with this particular factions religious (albeit historically inaccurate) analogies and inspiration, that the more mystic part of the faction should be a focus. So far, I believe I enjoy the following names the most: The Abyssal Embrace and Entity's Sanctum. However, I feel like it is a necessity that something that screams "Sith!" must present in the title. Such eloquent names don't connote that it has anything related to the Sith. Perhaps I could go with a canon reformation that a lot of past factions have done and revamp the Brotherhood of Darkness, though I don't tend to enjoy that name very much... too meh.

With the given worries in mind and the minor interest I have gathered, I think I will set this aside for a very short period to recollect the data I have, edit the details, and check back in with you guys at a later date. Also, just for you Tamara I'll even wiki the Crusade and make a more accurate representation of what's going on here :p

This was enlightening, it seems that there are several Sith who are avidly interested, and then there are others who see this as the start of a possibly good idea. I think I'll use this thread as a discussion board of how to make this idea better for everyone.

So please feel free to pick out everything wrong here and present it to me, as well as suggest anything that you think that could be added/altered. I'm going to turn this into a poll to see just how many of you are engaged with this idea.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom