Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Interest Check: Brotherhood of Kaggath! The Papal Empire!

Are you interested?

• Yes, but it could be so much better (explain below)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No (explain criticisms below)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I apologize ahead of time, for the awesomeness you shall now witness and probably skim through due to its length :D

Since you're going to skim anyway, I gave you a gift!

TL;DR: A Sith Pope who hopes to direct all of Sith'aridom in cooperation without ruling over them directly. The entire purpose of this, is to create a faction based off of the Crusades Era situation where the Christians (Sith) try to oust out the Muslims (Jedi and Everyone else). It is meant to create a Jihad on everyone. Oh yeah, and the lowest ranks get to vote on major decisions of the faction who are presented by partnerships of Sith Lords and Moffs, and the Non Force Users actually get a participatory role that will hopefully act as an incentive. If you read the rest, you may find it interesting :D

~~~

Before the fall of the Roman Empire, it is known that it had been made a christian state, more specifically Catholic. It had built up an organized system of churches all throughout Europe. However, when eventually it did fall, Europe fell into fiery disunion. Dozen's upon dozen's of states had been organized preceding the fall of Rome. However, the religion of Christianity remained strongly alive and helped many of this new nations to trudge through the dark ages. All of these nations were in one way or another at odds with each other, always declaring war on each other with one wiping out the either or vice versa. But they were all christian, and catholic. Then came along the "dreaded cousin" of Christianity: Islam. The Muslims prior to the eventual crusades were a rapidly growing religion, that had spread so quickly due to its inherent nature, claiming Jihad upon infidelic states or otherwise spreading their culture through more peaceful relations. This was perceived by all Catholics as a threat to the very existence of Christianity. Thus, when finally the Pope himself had called for the defense of all of Christendom, thousands of men all from differing nations but sworn under a loyalty that preceded even that unquestionably high authority: The Church. The crusades were born as religions clashed.

I don't know about you, but at least that first portion of the history lesson, sounds quite an awful lot like the Sith's situation now. Our Sith Empire is quite obviously, Sith, and upon its fall it splintered into so many weaker forms of the Empire, with the One Sith, Sith Council, League of Sith, New Order, and many others. But one thing is certain, they are still Sith. What is even greater a comparison, the Jedi are a threat to us all now, everyone is stronger than we are divided. Everyone believes there nation is the answer. I will tell you flat out, that you are most likely incorrect.

Thus I finally present to you THE IC PITCH...

Brotherhood of Kaggath!

The Brotherhood of Kaggath is a massive religious system, dedicated to the unification of the followers of the Sith Religion, through a new Religion ten fold stronger. The Brotherhood is a flood of followers of the Dark Side who with to extinguish the Jedi, the Republic, their allies, and everything that they represent, through the largest declaration of Kaggath in Sith history! It is a Jihad called to throw every available man woman and child within the domain of Sith'aridom, at the hated forces of light. It is under the belief of the Brotherhood, that like the Universe, it was first the Darkness that permeated the existence of the force, and that the sickness of Light and its illusions of truth must be brought down, if the citizens of the Dark side are to prevail from this universal plague. Any, may become a Brother of this Grand Kaggath, whether you are One Sith, of the New Order, a Remnant of the Sith Council, or any other League left after the fall of the last Great Sith Empire! Those who dedicate themselves to the Dark Side's power, shall be brought to the knowledge of the one true strength of the Sith- Numbers and power in Unity!

It claims no Dark Lord of the Sith, instead, it follows the Entity- the supposed manifestation of the Force's consciousness itself, a being of unparalleled darkness, stricken with the plague of the light. The disgusting blisters pepper the Entity, and penetrate through its infinite veil. This is the text as written by The Champion, a figure who has been imbued with the Voice of the Entity, to know that the threat of the light grows ever stronger. If the force is to survive, the Brotherhood of Kaggath believes they must be the one's to cure it of its most terrible ailment, no matter what order they hail from.

The Champion is chosen not by mortals, nor by he who claims it by rights, The Champion is chosen by strength and strength alone, in whatever form that may take. To ascend to Champion and hear the Voice of the Entity, one must by the victor over all their peers. As an acolyte, they must defeat those they study with, but must make them submit without death, least they be useful elsewhere to The Kaggath. As a Knight, they must defeat their equals, and strengthen their lesser's of those who deserve it. As a Master, they must force them to submit to the knowledge of superiority of importance. All those who EARN the title of Champion are meant to be, and are not to be interfered with until their purpose is unveiled and their part in it is completed.

But every Ruler has the best servants, and some servants can even be greater than their Master's merely by their purpose. With the honorary title of Sacred Emperor, a Moff of significant power may ascend in the Brotherhood to become supreme commander of the Brotherhood's "volunteer" armies, if supported by his fellow Moff's. The Moff's shall swear loyalty to one of their own most deserving of the highest honors, and make sure his orders are carried out in the various armies of the Brotherhood. A Moff may be made out of any of the Upper Echelon's of the military, so long as the standing Moff's agree that they may, and that they have the support of those they would command. Ultimately though, the goals of the Brotherhood rest in the capable hands of the Soldier classes, the Lowest Echelon's.

In the Brotherhood, support may be called from any Sith faction, as it should be the duty of those who follow the Darkside to engage in the Grand Kaggath against their greatest foe and enemy. In this Brotherhood, when an individual Kaggath is called upon some world belonging to their enemies, such orders as the One Sith, The New Order, The League of Red, and others might stand side by side; if they find no loyalty to each other in their nationalities, they will find camaraderie in their loyalty to the Brotherhood who represents all of Sith'aridom.

~~~

THE OOC PITCH

Okay, so basically: Christendom during the Crusades. "The Champion" is the Pope, The "Sacred Emperor" is the Holy Roman Emperor, the Entity is God, the Brotherhood is Christianity, and all the Sith Factions out there are European countries ousting out the Muslims and trying to take back what they believe is rightfully theirs.

The OOC plan for it is like this then:

• ​Entity- It is the very voice of the faction. Every member below the rank of Lord or Moff gets to vote on a campaign brought before them presented to them by a partnership between a Lord and a Moff. Once the vote is concluded, the Entity will speak to the Champion, who interprets the words and grants the verdict of how the faction shall proceed.
  • The Champion- The IC ascension correlates equally with OOC ascension. As a writer, the Champion must be capable of besting all his peers to deserve the title of Champion, but ultimately even if he were to defeat every Lord present, it would be up to the Entity to have the final say.
  • Sacred Emperor- A symbolic title of the undisputed supreme commander of the Brotherhood's armies. Must be approved by the Entity and appointed by the Champion, and must be a Moff before hand.
  • Lords/Moffs- These higher level players get the privilege of being able to draft up plans for the whole faction to vote on for execution. They also have a high level of freedom to do as they please IC, so long as it does not contradict the Brotherhood, to which severe punishment would be administered. New hopefuls to be Lords or Moffs must be approved by the existing populace of Lords and Moffs.
  • Knights+Acolytes/Upper+Lower Echelons- These lower ranked force users and non force users have the unique privilege to vote upon the campaigns of the Lords/Moff's, as well as who will become Champion, and who will be named Sacred Emperor (a symbolic title for the undisputed supreme commander of the Brotherhood's armies). They ascend optionally by besting as many of their peers as possible to garner the attention of a superior (of whom they may request OOC).

This idea, I believe, is probably the best route for some really awesome RP when dealing with all of the Sith Factions as one, even if we all have our ideas about things and do our own business when not distracted by Brotherhood stuff. It needs a little bit of hammering I think, but it is a definitely solid piece. Right now, I immediately know where the criticisms will be:

Q.) Isn't the "Entity" an NPC leader?

A.) Nope, it's God as we see it; the leader is 100% IC using the Champion as the Pope, who will have a range of powers to do stuff independently, that will not interfere with what the faction wants.

Q.) What's the point of the "Emperor", how could he hold that title from Sith?

A.) It's honorary only, and besides, Champion is what they'll really want, since the Sacred Emperor is probably going to have a much more limited role.

Q.) Why would the One Sith member base also follow the Brotherhood?

A.) Because it doesn't interfere with "The Dark Lord's" plans, and no one is claiming they are above him, since The Entity is a being that can't really be proved to exist or not exist and is so far beyond reality it wouldn't matter anyway, while at the same time we all believe the same thing: Dark side ossum, crush Jedi and everyone else.

Q.) Will this go major?

A.) Yes, and it will be glorious!

If you have questions ask away! I'm here to answer them :) Also, I just want to say, that I have an awesome advertisement to this that is probably more organize and aesthetically pleasing, if you prefer that and express enough interest, I will post up the glory!

I would also like to give a shout out to the following people for their contribution to this grand project. This was spawned in a Private Discussion between current and past leaders of Popular Sith Factions all around the board, but did not start until the blow out of the major discussion on the current situation of the Sith (in case you were absent during those conversations, here are the relevant links: http://starwarsrp.net/topic/26707-sith-vote/, http://starwarsrp.net/topic/26664-the-sith-council-disbanded/). But anyway, here are the contributors to this ideas fruition:

[member="Darth Vulcanus"], [member="Darth Shara"], [member="Darth Vornskr"], [member="Christian Slade"], [member="Mikhail Shorn"]

Thank you guys for all of your help!

Uhh...every part of the historian in me is struggling not to have a fit and list everything wrong with the above....

But sure, if people want it, knock yourselves out.

Even though having a deity in Star Wars kind of goes against the whole point of it.

[member="Jacen Cavill"] That will all be decided once we throw participants into a pit to see who comes out on top in a fight, and see if the Entity agrees.

[member="Tamara"], I apologize for my butchering of history, but I got the main idea across. :p

[member="Tamara"], Is the force really any different from a deity? It's just a deity without conscious form, the Entity is that form, and it is supposed to give a reason and purpose to The Champion so his plans cannot conflict with the factions.

Christian Slade

In Darkness I Thrive
Darth Voracitos said:
I would also like to give a shout out to the following people for their contribution to this grand project. This was spawned in a Private Discussion between current and past leaders of Popular Sith Factions all around the board, but did not start until the blow out of the major discussion on the current situation of the Sith (in case you were absent during those conversations, here are the relevant links: http://starwarsrp.net/topic/26707-sith-vote/, http://starwarsrp.net/topic/26664-the-sith-council-disbanded/). But anyway, here are the contributors to this ideas fruition:

[member="Darth Vulcanus"], [member="Darth Shara"], [member="Darth Vornskr"], [member="Christian Slade"], [member="Mikhail Shorn"]

Thank you guys for all of your help!
I appreciate the reference to my contribution, but we should all realize how much effort and energy V put into this. All appreciation to him.

I probably won't join (Being a Jedi and all), but I really like the concept. Great job you evil Sith you. I can tell you put in a lot of work into this, and I want you to know that I did see it, and even though I probably won't ever be joining, I like it and hope it works out. I look forward to the day I will be fighting you in your quest to purge the 'taint of light' from the Force.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom