Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Interest Check - Avidon Oligarchy

Yoru Shakou

This is an idea that I tried a few months back; however due to my own hopping from idea to idea and other circumstances, I never gave it the proper attention that it deserved. Now as I have begun to put more focus on the Baroness, I am looking back at this possible idea and considering attempting a second chance. While this would require a rewrite, update and a bit of expansion on other parts of the original write up which evolved from the base faction idea titled the 'Magrath Barony' it is none the less something that I plan on putting focus, time and effort into to create and see reborn.

The Avidon Oligarchy is as it sounds; an Oligarchical Magocracy, with the idea having been that it was a place for refugee since the time of the Sith Empire's demise at the hands of the Republic, Mandalorians, and the now defunct Fel Imperium. The primary focus as I said was on refuge, offering a place for those fleeing from the former Sith Worlds to settle and catch their breath, while thinking of their next move. This also included and still includes in the system, a secret Sith Temple that was meant to be a training place.

At this moment however I know that many will ask what is the difference between this and all the other Sith Factions that have since popped up. To be blunt and honest; there isn't much. That is however not to say that it can not, through my efforts and the efforts of the members whom join, grow into something to distinguish itself from the myriad of other Sith factions. However the largest difference is that the Avidon Oligarchy was meant to be more diplomatic in terms when it came to the Republic and Mandalorians. It harbored members of the former Sith Empire and members of the Sith Order; however it was also focused on keeping to itself, keeping out of the conflicts and petty rivalries that would ultimately mark it as a target.

My vision for the Avidon Oligarchy was to create a small enclave that was carefully working towards keeping itself secure and prosperous while also appearing as a neutral ground between the Republic and the Mandalorians; with the ultimate goal of turning the old enemies against one another in a bid to weaken their holds on the surrounding areas to further strengthen the Oligarchy.

This is a faction that I was looking to center and build upon careful deliberation and diplomacy. To use such caution in their expansion and to look at a larger picture rather than short sighted conquest after conquest. However in order to even attain anything remotely close to the vision that I have for this faction, I need those whom would be just as willing to put in the time and effort to care and aid in the growth of such a faction.

I know that it is likely the over all view of me is of someone whom is hopping from idea to idea once they get bored of the previous. This is a problem that I know I have and I am forcing myself to stick with the Baroness; to pour all of my creativity into a character that I had developed over a year ago and allowed to sit dormant without realizing the full potential that this character can become and the stories that both the Baroness and the Magrath Family that I've built around her can bring to the site.

This is my core focus now; the development and fostering of story lines and creative input into the Baroness, the Magrath Family and the Avidon System.

I ask that if there are those whom would like to help see this idea through, to please join. Or if there are those whom may have ideas or helpful criticism to voice their opinion or thoughts.

Yoru Shakou

Noble families need to stick together [member="Darth Vornskr"]

It would be great to have you on board [member="Sokrai Ronaro"]

If there are others that would like to join; or whom are wondering why they should join. Please, bring out your concerns and your questions. I will do my best to answer them. This is an idea that I intend to stay with; to watch it grow and hope that there are those whom would also like to join the faction and help in its growth. I believe that because of its location between the Republic and Mandalorians, it has great potential to foster new threads and ideas.

[member="Baroness Magrath"]
Yes, My character is not a very, likeable person. Having a little bit of Sith Alchemy done to him. And I was wondering if you have any Dislikes for your people to have. I know that some factions have certain criteria that a Character must meet, and was wondering what they were?

Yoru Shakou

I would have no problem with [member="Darth Arcis"] in joining the faction.

There is no set who can and can not join at this moment. However it is highly likely that people of the former Sith Empire being refugees at the moment would gain a bit more priority when it comes to members. That said; there is nothing wrong with nor would there be any part on the Baroness view that would prevent [member="Nickolas Imura"] from being a member. She is as well, a member of the Sith Order and is working towards mastering Sith Alchemy.

I do not plan on this faction becoming heavily influenced by the Sith Order or becoming Sithcentric like the other Sith factions [member="Alexandra Cinthra"]. More than anything I am making an emphasis that the Avidon Oligarchy is first developed from the former idea of the Magrath Barony and centers mainly on the Magrath family and the Avidon system. While it is also a Magocracy, the Sith Order will be playing a much smaller role when it comes to interactions with the Oligarchy. This is not to say that there wont be any members of the Sith joining, it is just likely that they will not have a major position of power.

That is the primary emphasis on this faction. While the Baroness is a member of the Sith Order or rather follows the teachings; her first priority is that of the Oligarchy itself. Likewise the Oligarchy is more focused on diplomatic and intrigue based solutions rather than the ideals of the former Sith Empire.

Alexandra Feanor

The Lady in Silver/Grey Historian
[member="Baroness Magrath"]

Oh i fully realized that, doesn't mean my point doesn't stand. Id join and help out as long as i kept away from certain Sith if they joined. But minus that point, it looks cool and id love to help out with this if possible, though it would be as Alexandra trying to act as an adviser rather than as part of the Sith and all. That way it leaves me room to be free from that while also interacting with your char and faction as an outside adviser who is neutral to internal politics... not sure if that makes sense.

Yoru Shakou

The over arching idea though is to keep the governmental body and the 'religious' body separate from each other. While some members may be part of the Sith Order; not every single member of the government or whom run the faction are required or will even be a Sith. I also intend to try and keep internal politics out of it as much as I can. While it can be intriguing, it is also as I believe one of the reasons the Sith Empire fell. I can understand where you're coming from though and it does make sense that you'd want to stay out of it while also still interacting with the Baroness.

[member="Alexandra Cinthra"]

Yoru Shakou

As I've mentioned, the focus isn't going to be put squarely on force users or Sith as many of the other Dark side factions or break away Sith Empire styled factions are. While they are still part of the faction and some whom are members may be a member of the Sith Order or a Force User, the main focus will be on non force users. Likewise the Sith Order is marked as the unofficial religious body of the faction which pushes it a bit further from the faction as a whole. While there are some ties, they are minor in their scope and presence.

More than anything, in order for the faction to survive and thrive, it will need more than just force users drawing attention to it. The Avidon Oligarchy is focused on diplomacy and intrigue as its primary means of survival due to it being between the Mandalorians and the Republic.

[member="Snipes"]

Yoru Shakou

Yes there is. The Avidon Oligarchy was originally intended and made around the focus of providing a refuge for members of the former Sith Empire. It has also evolved a bit more so that it can serve as a refuge for people whom don't believe they belong in the other factions that are out there. You're more than welcomed to join [member="Snipes"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom