Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dominion Inter/Stellar | First Order Dominion of Tholon

MwROg2L.png
Nearby: Phoenix Edorath Phoenix Edorath | Gotz Redwall

Kurayami followed Phoenix, er... Captain Edorath down the ramp and doing a quick check for his lightsaber, thankfully it was in place at his hip and his DC-17m was slung over his shoulder. He was still getting used to the fact that now she outranked him especially since he didn't have an official rank within the First Order. If anything he was at best a soldier for hire. He felt a bit bad when she mentioned that she felt naked without explosives to be fair she was almost always setting up some sort of detpack or some such. Reaching up, he patted her on the back as he addressed her. "I know it's weird for you, but we'll figure out something for you to explode once we are done with this stuff. So, let's get this outta the way then we'll get you some glop grenades, thermal imploders, and detpacks to set off somewhere."

The Corellian chuckled slightly the ever present smirk on his face as he watched her scroll through the datapad that she was handed. Still seemed strange to see someone salute her. Was he supposed to salute her now or not? He just shrugged and followed her to see what exactly they were being told to do.

jb7zshK.png
Nearby: Juliana Alderdice
Creative Soundtrack: Shinedown "Heroes"

--------------------------------------

With a quiet rumble of discontent, the Imperial Knight listened quietly as assignments were given out to those who volunteered for them. Arms crossed over his chest, he was clad in deep gray armor, the emblem of the First Order emblazoned into the plate over his right shoulder. Extending a hand, he nodded and accepted the datapad from one of Delilah's assistants. It included a map of the complex, with everything that might be of interest marked on it.

There was little power to speak of, and what was there had the ill manners to be on the fritz. Wonderful. Switching the screen off with a gesture, he tucked it into his belt and listened to the rest of the briefing. Varick nodded as he watched Juliana take the initiative, pleased to see her stepping forward and taking charge. He picked up a small set of tools that was soon clipped to his belt before he stepped away from the bustle of activity.

The main shaft leading to the settlement that was in need of evacuation had an old lift within, which is the route his apprentice took with her crew. As they disappeared within, he took the time to stretch and shift into his Lupine form. Dark fur bristled across his large form as he padded towards a secondary entrance to the complex. It was far less reliable, and infested with a particularly aggressive variety of spider that the colonists and miners had been contending with since the first shafts were dug.

With a very Lupine grin of anticipation on his muzzle, he stalked forward and melted into the shadows.

His nose wrinkled as he breathed carefully letting his system become accustomed the the scents and the dust in the narrow tunnel. It didn't take long to find the first spider, who skittered across the ceiling of the passage. Varick growled and launched himself forward as it dropped down to meet him. Having suppressed his nature for the better part of several weeks due to the nature of his duties and their inherent time constraints, it wasn't long before he'd torn it apart, and scatted it's shattered legs back towards the entrance.

His growl grew deeper and louder, rumbling deep in his chest and echoing into the darkness. Varick kept moving forward, giving little thought to how many of the creatures he tore through in his trek. The one thing that bothered him was their relative size. Granted, it was a smaller tunnel, but he had seen no sign of the larger adult spiders that should have been in the area. He should have at least heard one of them with the distressed sounds of dying juveniles that had been echoing through the tunnel.

The alpha paused, head raised as he breathed in deep and simply extended his senses, both within the Force and without. He could feel Juliana just up ahead with the crew that had accompanied her, and didn't have to reach much further to find a problem. The broodmother of the spiders was waiting just ahead of his young apprentice, and he Felt her move before he could charge the last few meters out of the tunnel to intercept her. While he had every faith in Juliana, the broodmother was a massive beast that was a force to be reckoned with.

She dropped down from the ceiling and launched herself towards Juliana, a cacophony of chitters that was akin to nails on a chalkboard emerging from her form and echoing like a clarion call.

Nima Vantoon

N
MwROg2L.png

Now, normally OIS wouldn't be in this op. They were strictly an internal security service- the secret police of the First Order, rooting out undesirables, insurgents, proverbial line steppers, and the scum that were a cut-above-the-rest. No, the Tholonian insurgency and coup was most likely a team effort between OSS and FOSC.

That changed when negotiations begin for Tholon's admittance into the First Order.

An advance team of OSS officers was sent with the First Imperial Army, with direct orders from Orum Berik himself- flush out the partisans, and take The Director alive. He had need of him for a clandestine experiment known only as
Operation: Harbringer. Since landing, they'd been going from one purported partisan haven to another, as the dragnet tightened ever so imperceptibly.

Which brings us to Nima Vantoon...

--------------------------------------------

"I can do this all day", Nima hissed. OSS officers clad in black armor were in the process of ransacking a derelict hovel. Loyalists were strewn about- some in one piece, other in multiple pieces.

"Now", she continued, holding the whimpering survivor with one cybernetic arm against the wall. "Try not to think of where the good Director might be." Then, Nima plunged into the man's mind. To his credit, he had some rudimentary mental shields. But rudimentary to someone with Nima's prowess was just a mild inconvenience.

"Nothing", she huffed with disgust, throwing the comotose man aside like a rag doll. Then her comm-link chirped. "Send a couple over for processing. I need to take this."

Nima listened to Isobel Nakano 's communique. Her team wasn't that far from Hornwright and Third Avenue. She activated the comm-link. "Lotus, this is Vantoon. My squad's a few blocks over- are you still tracking him?"

Resurgent Narrative
Isobel Nakano

Last edited by a moderator:

Quinlan Reade

Q
Quinlan's brief foray into the intelligence data was interrupted by the sound of footsteps echoing across the tile floor. We need more furniture in here, something to dampen that. It felt quite empty to the Tholonian but as his gaze traveled from his datapad to the approaching bodies he couldn't help but crack a nervous smile. Rising to his feet Governor Reade left the datapad on the step beside him, stepping forward to greet the woman and her coattails. A certain level of anxiety permeated the reunion of the two diplomats. Their first encounter had in fact been when Quinlan and his merry band of resistance fighters had kidnapped the Moff and her aide in an effort to intercept the nefarious plans of The Director. "It's good to see you well Moff Westaway, for my part I came out unscathed." The man feigned giving himself a once over. As the Moff continued, addressing their mutual thorn in side, he nodded. He'd been briefed on the continuing destabilization efforts of The Director and his supposed presence still in Deephaven. As she introduced her secretary he issued a curt nod in his direction. "Mr. Reardon, nice to finally meet you in the flesh." he added. The Moff's quick recovery on the part of her aide Frieda caused Quinlan's lips to tighten. The woman had been affected significantly from their brief incarceration at the hands of the Governor despite their best efforts, it wasn't a surprise she wasn't apt to return to Tholon. Perhaps some day.

Just as the Moff mentioned her colleague a trim, brown haired woman clad in a Moff's uniform appeared and began introducing herself. "Pleased to meet you both, Moff. Doctor." Quinlan responded again with a curt dip of his head. "Quinn. Please." He added a touch of familiarity to the semi-formal introductions. "I apologize for the mess, we haven't had proper time to fully repair the damage. Truth be told.." he trailed off as he took a brief survey of the atrium. "..It still feels so alien to me. In any case, perhaps we should head upstairs?" Despite having been of Tholonian Royal stock, he knew very little about the wheels of bureaucracy, of governing. Diplomatic ventures were hardly his forte and he was entirely foreign as to the proper protocol.

OBJ 3

The Colonel was not one of those entering the mines. Had there been loyalists spotted down there prior to the evacuation, there was a world where he could see himself down there. Collecting his rifle that was resting at the top of the ramp, he placed it on one of the magno-grips that was lined across his back, over his shoulder blades.

There were multiple levels to the mine, and thus they would need multiple teams. Stepping up to the next bomb defusal and retrieval team, the commanding officer got a few words of encouragement, coupled with warnings to not put anybody under his charge at risk, including himself, and then he ushered them into the mines to perform their duties.

Turning his gaze up to the sky, he wondered if this supposed Director would actually send his forces here. For someone like him who had always fought for the First Order, it was hard to consider firing upon ones own people - even if they were of opposing ideologies.

Juliana Alderdice

J
jb7zshK.png
Juliana heard it and her mind pieced it together before she could see it with her eyes. The picture in her mind was of something gruesome, all legs and teeth, hiding in the dark because it was too ugly to be seen. Then, suddenly, the lights flickered on, and she realized that her imagination could do no justice to the horror that was hanging from the ceiling before her, legs extending so that the massive spider could loom closer to Juliana, as if investigating her. A moment later, its fangs flared, emitting a hissing noise, flecking gooey venom. Her eyes widened, but she stood fast, her feet cemented to the spot by equal parts of fear and duty. The people behind her were mainly local constabulary or resistance workers who had volunteered to accompany her down this tunnel. They were in her care.

"Stay behind me," Juliana barely had time to gasp at her crew before the spider lunged at her, dropping from the ceiling. The noise was the thing of nightmares: high-pitched to the point of painful, and psychologically troubling. Something in the evolutionary memory of humans, it seemed, translated the sight and sound of eight legs clattering into sheer adrenaline, triggering a fight or flight even in critters the size of raindrops, let alone the size of a small starfighter like the one in front of her.

Drawing on the Force, she dropped into a roll away from the broodmother's first attack, then brought up her lightsaber in response to the creature's slash with its fangs. Where the blade touched the fang, it threw sparks. The blade didn't go through smoothly; Juliana had to exert herself, pushing her blade. The roaring, shrieking noises the spider made only got worse, more bone-chilling than ever as it reacted to the painful consequences of trying to bite a lightsaber. Why isn't it going through? Why the kriff isn't it -- she grunted and called on the Force, and threw a wave of it at the broodmother. This, at least, had some results. The spider was thrown from her, tumbling a few meters down the tunnel. It wasn't enough, but it gave her enough time to regroup, standing up.

A familiar manifestation in the Force entered her frame of reference. Master Varick! Well, the best case scenario was that they might have a chance against the broodmother spider. The worst case? Well... at least she wouldn't die surrounded by strangers. She adjusted her stance, bringing her lightsaber forward defensively, and centered herself in the Force. "Master Varick, I've never been happier to sense you," she called over her shoulder.

Resurgent Narrative

R
jb7zshK.png
f21GBew.png

Caceres' descent into the mines did nothing more than to provide him with vivid flashbacks of Avalonia. Burning buildings, structures overturned, and bodies of the innocent laid piled at his feet. This time the bodies were not there, but there was a feeling of fear, and as he began to organize the teams, the men and women who would descend into the various levels of the mine. He reassured them that he would be the last one out of that pit, and so he took to the lifts and headed the bottom-most level of the mines. With him were a few good men and women and when the lift doors opened, they were greeted with small, but bright fluorescent lights that swung from the cavern overhead. The sight of a minecart parked near the conveyer belt was on the left while a path on the right had marked the way in which the miners had gone.

The Colonel had chosen to stay above the ground; someone had to. In the levels above the Lt. Colonel were the EOD teams, scouts had presumably swept this area but one could never be too sure. Miners were either still working or huddled, and the sight of the stormtroopers brought out two reactions. One of relief and the other of fear, "c'mon let's get you guys out of here, better safe than sorry." He began, his rifle tucked behind him and a hand outstretched as he approached. "We're here to get you guys out."

Hesitantly, the miners grabbed onto his hand and one by one would be led out back to the lift. So the process would repeat and the Lt. Colonel hoped that this could all go on without incident.

:: Caceres to Base, miners from the lowest level are coming out. Scouts swept the area for explosives none here but will keep an eye out. ::
:: Caceres to EOD. We're at the lowest level, so far nothing here - how's your team holding up? ::

Ryker Atreides

R
A desperate cough echoed in the near empty room, the man suspended by his wrists sending a spray of blood droplets flying. "I told you... I don't kno.." his utterance cut short by a new wave of pain, its source a thin needle pressed deep into the flesh of his abdomen by the Commando in front of him. The man's breath caught in his lungs, a gag and watering of his eyes evidence of the severe discomfort. "Now, now. I thought I'd been clear. Those sorts of answers are only going to cause you more pain - let's try something different." With a rapid pull, the needle exited the tortured's flesh followed by another weak cough, the gurgle of blood in the man's throat indicating that his lungs had begun to bleed. "Nasty little things aren't they?" Ryker raised an eyebrow. He held the needle up to the man's nose. "Micro-tech is a wonder. You see, the needle punctures flesh with ease but the really devious part.. Hazard a guess?" The man's weary eyes gazed upon Ryker's face, a ragged breath escaping his lungs. His response a subtle shake of his head. "Ah, I guess I'll tell you then. It's the micro-cauterizer in the tip. On the way in it does nothing, but with every withdraw it seals the wound again." The commando paused briefly, setting the needle down on the mobile tray beside him. A visible relief took the man suspended, his muscles relaxing as he attempted to catch his breath. "We could do this for hours more." the commando suggested. "Or, you could tell me what you know about the Director. Where is he?"

The man was about to break, Ryker could see it, feel it. He was close to something, close to some tidbit of information that would propel them forward in their search. In their understanding of just who the Director was and confirm some of their already gathered intelligence. "This can all be over if you just tell me what I want to know." The commando let his question hang in the air for a moment. The ball was in the prisoner's court now.

MwROg2L.png
Little time had passed on patrol before the Fates would interrupt whatever bygone daydream the operatives working the checkpoint enjoyed. A rather jovial fellow brimming with mischievous plans approached the woman steadfastly monitoring her post. At first it confused her -why should she be accosted out of the rest of the group. Their armor configuration wasn’t wildly different, save that hers was not so robust and thickly padded like the others. Of course! She internally snapped to a realization: the Major wasn’t wearing a helmet like the rest of the platoon. Besides a communicator in one ear she was bereft of any facial covering. Perhaps that was why the enterprising Twi’lek decided to seek her: she had a kinder -if not blanker- face as opposed to the eternally furrowed brow of the trooper’s helms.

"Guy didn't want to go through the checkpoint. Thought that might be of interest to you,” spoke the Twi’lek, "or to be more clear, of value."

That was, indeed, valuable.

She smiled brightly, perhaps too widely, much like a store clerk managing a crowded entrance to their shop might. “Thank you! My sincerest grat-”

Luckily the commanding officer of the platoon had beelined directly to the conversation, interrupting because they were acutely aware that whatever the auburn topped trooper was going to say or do would be at best ineffective or, at worst, violent.

::Get after them!:: They commanded, shoving their finger in the direction of the alley. The exasperation was palpable, even behind a mask. Some of the troopers set off to the chase.

The Major attempted to convey a regretful apology in the space of a millisecond to the informant. If only she could relay to him that everything would be fine - she would come back. Time was no doubt of the essence; this was her first mission since her hospitalization. It would be problematic to displease the chain of command.

Off she ran.

Behind her wake if she turned she might have noticed that the remainder of her platoon standing guard were now surrounding the Twi’lek in a menacing manner. Whether the batons being hefted in angry hands were going to be used would not be something she could worry about.

The new trooper sprinted quite quickly. Too quickly. Faster than any unenhanced human could manage. She blew past the two or so squadmates, fleet footed as they were in all that gear.

::Suspect… dark green hooded jacket… grey workers' pants… brown boots.:: Crackled within the Major’s ear. Information. Good.

There the suspect was. The description was close enough. Perhaps he heard her leaping in long strides as she navigated the alley; perhaps he would flee, dodge away, or turn to attack. Nevertheless she yelled when she thought she was close enough to be heard.

“Oy, Big Boy; A word!”

Gotz Redwall

G
"It's hard to be well dressed when the occasion calls for a lack of proper firearms," Gotz mumbled in agreement as he pulled himself up out of his seat. His weapons of choice were, fortunately, quite easy to conceal, though he found himself feeling more than a little vulnerable given the lack of body armor. The mobility shield strapped to his belt was his only possible reprieve from catching a bolt to the back of the head.

Kept things interesting at least.

"I don't speak Tholonian," he added as he sidled up to Kurayami Bloodborn Kurayami Bloodborn and Phoenix Edorath Phoenix Edorath , "You're gonna have to do the talking for me. Shame, I know," another check of his verps. Everything was where it should be. Gotz allowed himself a pleased little grin as he gestured out toward the city beyond. "This isn't my usual op. You two lead on, I'll watch for stragglers."

That much he could handle.

"Surprise surprise," he held his arms out wide as he took his first steps onto Tholonian soil. "Mining colonies are still depressing. No wonder these folks want a revolution."

qKvDEP2.png

Matma Bernu watched the proceedings warily. Since a mission on Needan went awry, necessitating the need of a new prosthetic arm and leg, but allowing to symbolically- and literally- getting over a lifetime of holding the Force at arm's length. The events of the Needan mission had resulted in the commencements of his trials towards becoming a Sentinel- a series of missions, testing him in a variety of ways.

Which brought him to this moment. It was the Knight-Commander's wishes that he safeguard Ariel Yvarro , Renata Westaway , and Fevris Derzelas Fevris Derzelas , citing "a positive working relationship we'd like to cultivate".

He stood by the door, tense, as they began their negotiations.

ᴄʜɪᴇꜰ ᴍᴇᴅɪᴄᴀʟ ᴏꜰꜰɪᴄᴇʀ

Before becoming a doctor she had almost become a soldier, then after becoming a doctor, she had leaned towards the fields of science and business ownership. Now, it would seem, she found herself more and more frequently in the political scene of things - and because of this she had taken to studying and preparing herself in yet another field she had never originally intended to pursue. There was only one common denominator to all these unplanned changes: her ambition and duty towards seeing the First Order grow, stronger and more united than it ever had before.

She would play the role that propitiated that goal, the exact script was something of little consequence to Fevris so far as she knew the lines were being delivered to the best of her ability.

"It's an honor to be here," The Doctor answered, offering Moff Yvarro a rare and small smile. Fevris was not known for being the most expressive, a direct result of the level-headedness that she was often praised for. Upon their arrival at their destination, Fevris followed Moff Yvarro towards the atrium where they would all meet. The cerulean gaze of the Doctor took notice of the state of things with practiced subtlety. The overthrowing of the Director was still fresh and their surroundings were a testament to it.

Once at the atrium, Fevris gave an acknowledging nod and offered her hand in greeting to those present. "Moff Westaway, Governor Reade and Mr. Reardon. A pleasure," Two of them the Doctor had not formally met yet. The FIMS representative was surprised by the Governor's lack of formality, why not necessarily a bad thing nor something she found deterring - it was certainly unusual.

She then caught sight of Knight Bernu, whom she had also had a chance to meet, albeit briefly, during their...unfruitful visit to the Galactic Alliance. "Knight Bernu, good to see you well."

Obj 3 - Miners ( Resurgent Narrative )

Omari observed a holographic map in front of him in his command shuttle. The Foreman had come in earlier and uploaded the closest to date blueprint of the mine. Before his eyes the vitals of the stormtroopers came to life across another display, this one above the map, while little pinpricks of light showcased their position in the mine.

All lives were green, and through his comms, he could hear the confirmation for another shuttle to depart to one of the apparent green sites. Within minutes another shuttle would take its place landed on the ground and the process of loading miners continued. Soon after, he got the report from Lt. Col. Caceres. "Cleared for evac." He answered, in regards to the next group of miners that were on their way out.

It was a smooth operation.

Omari could be glad for that so far. And it was certain the Tholonian government would be appreciative of the aid. Besides, not every day needed to result in a blood bath and blaster fire.

It was a good day.

Renata Westaway

R
qKvDEP2.png
"Doctor Derzelas," said Renata, nodding pleasantly to the accompanying medical specialist. "Glad to have you." She turned back to Reade. "After you," she said, and followed Quinlan Reade up the stairs. As they progressed, the Foreign Secretary kept pace with the Governor. "I do want to put your mind at ease, if I can," Renata said pleasantly. "This isn't a terribly scary process, and since it was your choice to join, there are certain concessions we are willing to make. By and large, I think you'll find the First Order national government rather easy to get along with, provided you don't do anything as crackers as the old Director."

It was true; generally speaking the First Order allowed a degree of autonomy to its member worlds. True, the First Order expected loyalty and cooperation, but it was not in the habit of installing a universal governing style on the member states. Tholon could have its Governor the same as Seoul maintained its Queen. The planetary governments were free to send who they chose to Parliament, delegates proportional to their population. It was almost Republican in its willingness to entertain and indulge the localities. All they asked in exchange was loyalty, cooperation, contribution -- and of course, fealty to the Crown.

"Following a census, Tholon will be allotted a number of seats in Parliament, which you may assign as you see fit. As Governor you, of course, would be entitled to sit in Parliament as well," she continued as they entered the room to start the discussions. "Additionally, Tholon will gain access to everything the First Order has to offer, including the medical services being pioneered by Dr. Derzelas, here. She can tell you more about it if that is of particular interest to you."

The Foreign Secretary waited until they had settled in and then leaned forward to address Reade. "As far as what we would expect in return, I won't beat about the bush. You know the reason I first came here was to see about the Doonium supply. While the First Order is not interested in nationalizing your industry here, I don't think asking for the right of first refusal on certain materiel crucial to the building of our defensive capabilities is too much to ask. Of course, we are willing to pay market value; we would not expect Tholon to operate at a loss in order to feed the First Imperial military-industrial complex."

She glanced at Reardon, who was taking minutes, before returning her attention to the Governor. "Thoughts so far?"

Last edited by a moderator:

Ariel Yvarro

A
qKvDEP2.png
They were greeted by the governor and took their seats, from there Renata led the way and Ariel observed. She had no doubt that the woman was capable of securing Tholon. Ariel meanwhile thought about the future and moving forward, creating an entirely new sector for the First Order would not be easy and Tholon would be key to that future. Not just for its mineral resources mind you, but the amount of infascture that they could not only put down but make use of. The question remained as to which two systems would join Tholon to create the new sector. While Ariel had a mind as to which they were, she couldn't get too far ahead of herself.
She observed Renata and the Governor, Knight Bernu not too far from either of them the Knight seemingly had gone with them to every diplomatic meeting they had. On the one hand, Ariel had a manner of comfort knowing that a First Imperial Knight was there. Then again, it was a Force User and she was leary of them at best. Doctor Derzela would also be observed, and not that Ariel didn't already like the current Minister of Health who was a rather good person, mostly. It was that Ariel would be looking to sit the council with those she knew very well.
The Doctor's dedication to seeing the First Order grow and by extention its First Imperial Medical Services grow. This, and perhaps the actions on Mephout combined had brought the doctor to the Moff's attention. Ariel settled into her seat content to observe unless spoken to directly, to watch Renata work her magic, as they say.

Ares Havelock

A
MwROg2L.png
Havelock had gone into the alley only to find that there was a chain-link fence separating him from the alleyway leading to Hornwright. He grunted irritably and looked for a workaround. He found none, and the rapidly approaching footfalls of what was no doubt a First Order soldier he had sought to avoid meant he had to make up his mind quickly. He launched himself at the fence and clambered over it awkwardly, dropping into a crouch on the other side of the fence just in time to see the soldier, The Major The Major , rounding the corner. She shouted at him. He shrugged nonchalantly, then sped off down the alley, disappearing around the corner onto Hornwright.

The soldiers wouldn't be far behind him, so he ran as fast as he could, hurtling down the street and into another alleyway. He raised his comlink to his lips and grunted an order for Republican forces to come to his aid. "Do something at Third and Hornwright," he spat into the comlink. "Don't care what it is, just do something!"

The alleyway he chose ran between two apartment blocks, with a fenced gate between them leading to the next alleyway. He kicked the gate open, then dipped into the apartment building on the left, hoping that the swinging gate would distract his pursuer(s) into thinking he had continued that way. Meanwhile, he slipped into the stairwell and threw the lock on the door before hustling up the stairs two at a time. He tried to ignore the stitch in his side as he reached the fifth floor, but had to stop. He let himself out of the stairwell and shuffled down the hall, holding his side as he found an alcove to rest in. He ducked behind a rumbling vending machine and tried to catch his breath.

If he ever got his hands on Renata Westaway he was going to make her suffer for this humiliation.

Across town in her surveillance van, Isobel Nakano stared at the screen of her computer, squinting at the camera feeds. She opened the comlink to the operational channels, including Nima Vantoon, Field Agent Sahani, and Sybil Shepard's team. "Negative, Vantoon. He crossed the street, but I lost him in the awnings. He may have made it to Second street, or went down one of the alleys. He can't have made it far, not this soon. Working on getting a map of the city's sewage tunnels as well -- just in case." The adrenaline was pumping through the agent, the pounding almost painful in her chest and ears. She leaned forward, straining in her seat. "Stang," she whispered. "Be advised there are civilians in the area. It's a shift change period, so there will be civilians in the AO. Exercise extreme caution."

MwROg2L.png
In spite of the need to maintain decorum, Phoenix canted her head to the side and grinned at Kurayami Bloodborn Kurayami Bloodborn over her right shoulder. Ami could always be counted on to say just the right thing to lift her spirits. She had no idea how he managed it half the time, given his perpetual state of fluctuating inebriation. It was a mystery for the ages and she wasn't going to look this particular proverbial gift horse in the mouth. "Thanks, Ami...you know just what to say."

Another one of the soldiers walked up to her with a crisp salute which she returned with more alacrity this time, and accepted the ear pieces that were keyed into their communications on world. He dashed off and Phoenix turned to Kurayami and Gotz Redwall to hand each of them an ear piece. "Couldn't agree more, sir." Phoenix added with a smile, tucking her ear piece into place.

He wasn't wrong about mining planets. As 'nice' as some of them were on the surface, the balance of those that were heavily corrupted and those working hard was horribly, wretchedly, and nearly irretrievable skewed toward the corrupt. Tholon was an absolute hot mess, and Redwall had it right.

It was no wonder at all that they wanted a fresh start with better leadership and improvements to their lives and working conditions. With a deep breath, she nodded and turned to lead the way down to the checkpoint she'd been assigned. "I can speak some Tholonian, but our earpieces are equipped with translators so you'll both understand if something goes down."

It was a short walk from the landing zone down to the checkpoint at the edge of the city. It was a hasty set up, and the relief on the troopers' faces at their approach was obvious. With salutes received and reciprocated, Phoenix stepped forward and had a quick conversation with them about the last few hours, then bent her head to the datapad in hand, stylus flicking across the screen.

"Anything of note?" she asked, lofting a brow and waiting a tick for the trooper to answer.

"No ma'am. Pretty quiet so far, but there's been chatter and a sighting in the last few minutes, so everyone's been put on alert."

"Understood." Phoenix nodded and set the datapad down, glancing past the barrier to take stock of the conditions in their vicinity.

Last edited:

Resurgent Narrative

R
jb7zshK.png
f21GBew.png

And so it went, Lt. Colonel Caceres and his men swept through the area. Evacuating the miners as they went, hoping to hell that EOD wouldn't have to come down here. There were at least two scares where they thought they had found something. Careful as he went, the alabaster colored plastoid armor dusted with dirt and marred by the caverns as even the most careful of steps had tripped him up. His HUD displayed all he needed to know but he still had to turn to get a better view of his surroundings. As promised he would be the last man out of that level and onto the next they began their sweep again, miners would be led to the lift.

:: Caceres to Base, we've got another to send up your way ::
Once the orders had been given they would be sent up to the surface. Reports of local wildlife came filtering in as if Caceres needed another thing to be on the look out for. He reported it, as per protocol.

:: We've got reports from a few teams of large arachnids, be advised. All teams, watch for large arachnids, stay frosty. ::
Caceres turned a moment and spotted a few red eyes, "kriff." The man cursed and motioned for the miner to run behind him. Caceres knelt down and readied his rifle, aiming down the sights he steadied his breath. A slow squeeze on the trigger, crimson hues erupted from his rifle and landed on the creature in front of him. A horrific scream from the creature was let loose upon the cavern. The creature attempted to charge but was quickly cut down by blaster fire. "Probably not the only one down here, c'mon let's pick up the pace, boys and girls." Caceres ordered to his team.

jb7zshK.png
A shimmering blue shield sprang to life around the crew that had heeded Juliana's words, the dome serving as protection to keep them safe should anything get past the two Jedi. Varick's Lupine form broke through what was left of the barrier on the tunnel he'd come through, the flimsy wood splintering apart in every direction. He made a mental note to add it to the after-action report, then abruptly turned and leaped to his apprentice's side.

//And I have never been happier to be sensed.// Varick sent back with a warm tone to his mind-voice.

A low, challenging growl rumbled deep in his chest, amplified with the Force so it echoed through the cavern and the distant skittering that had begun to grown closer came to a sudden, scrambling halt. Varick smiled, the expression purely menacing on his muzzle though it made no difference to the broodmother. He shifted back to his human form a moment later, another growl emerging as the brief pain lanced across his senses.

"Stay within the dome, it will protect you." he called out over his shoulder as he unwound the battered, matte grey chain from his waist. With a flick of his wrist, the chain settled on the ground before him and flared to life with a pale blue light. Varick turned his gaze to his apprentice, though his senses were on high alert, both within the Force and without.

"While I normally do not advocate for unnecessary cruelty, we are going to have to strip her of her mobility. Center yourself and throw a Push towards her as soon as I entangle one of her legs. If we can break one or more, we will stand a far better chance." He said quickly, the Force-imbued chain lifting up into the air at a gesture from his hands and flying forward.

While she was more than alert enough to see it coming, she could not avoid it entirely. The chain snaked around her two right-front leg, tightening as she shrieked and struggled, spitting her venom towards them. Varick's hands were white knuckled fists held up, shoulder width apart as he fought to hold her in place. He flung a shield in front of Juliana to deflect the poison from her, and merely growled as some of it splattered onto his arm and began to burn.

"Now, Juliana!"

MwROg2L.png
She should have shot at him.

A shrug was her reward for patience. There was a brief moment the Chaser tried to remember the rules of engagement. Surely command wouldn’t mind if the target had some blaster holes in his legs, or a set of freshly broken bones. Acceptable; maybe.

“Rude!” Admonished the Major.

At the very least his fleeing over such a simple request more or less confirmed he was suspicious. Though a gate separated the Hunter from her target, it posed no serious obstruction. A desire to see this chase over pooled like excitement from her mind down to her feet, and this bubbled over into a Force Jump. The energy sent her to the top of the gate, where she leapfrogged from that height quite a distance down the alley. This culminated into a deft roll that impressed no one except an ambushed rat. As she sprinted past the corner she could hear her adversary desperately calling for help -something about doing something- before a gate screeching open.

She bashed into the gate with the full brunt of her weight, but something was amiss.

This alleyway was long and jutted far down the block all the way to the next avenue. At its end was a delivery craft with workers busy with their charge. They didn’t seem distracted from their work; nor were they the kind of guys to be flustered by a wanted man fleeing in a panic. The fugitive couldn’t have come down this way so quickly. Trusting the information on hand, the Major doubled back to the T shaped junction.

A few of the other troopers of the platoon have caught up by now. Meanwhile, useful updates came through the comms network. More people mucking up the arrest of the Director with their presence would make this mission difficult to pull off without some kind of scene. Understanding the next step in protocol, she gave the guys a nod and sent a communication to friendly forces in the area.

::Sierra Six Reporting: have positive ID on the target - sending location... now.:: At this moment a friendly trooper pinged a marker to the local operation map.

::Requesting further backup to lockdown the structure.::

Including her there were a total of four troopers on hand. One stayed on guard at the entryway while the Major and the others began to sweep the interior of the structure. It was a risky move, since they could be walking into a trap.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom