Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Instructions For Dancing | The Je'daii Order

Azar City, Aurum
New Arrival
Searching
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________
The highly festive mood of the people was sensed well before the Rutian Twi'lek disembarked from the Star Dancer and made way into the heart of the celebrating city. It gave the Jedi Knight hope that following the nudge of the Force in the direction of this Outer Rim planet was the right thing to do. As of late troubling events had made the Guardian question her path forward, and no amount of mediation had helped to find resolution for her disheartened spirit. Perhaps a new approach to seeing the Force and its intentions was needed. Only time would tell though as she sought out a better understanding.

Cambria was dressed in her usual attire; cloak worn loosely over modified Jedi robes with the hood down allowing twin braintails to sway side to side matching her graceful stride. The blue-hued Twi'lek strolled through the vender stalls at a relaxed pace in the square, listening to music played by a marching band nearby with gold-speckled hazel orbs taking in all the crafts displayed in awe of the artists' creativeness and mastery.

The tantalizing aroma of food had the Twi'lek Jedi stopping at a booth to look over what they offered. Being that Cambria had two stomachs and basically could eat anything, it was not unusual for her to try new and intriguing local delicacies upon her travels throughout the galaxy.

[member="Asha Hex"] [member="Thasiktux"] [member="Ignis Imura"] [member="Caedyn Arenais"] [member="Sahna Te"] [member="Jyn Sol"] [member="Atefeh Lorr"] @Je'daii Order

She took the flower, and with a rather joking tone asked, what would I have done if she said no. Honestly? I never thought that far forward about it. Normally I would. I had forethought about a whole bunch of stuff. Protecting myself, others, or just in general. I seemed to always have something that would allow me to get further than everything else. I just shrugged my shoulders. She already said yes, and so why would I think about something that could potentially be damaging? Just shrugging my shoulders with a smile as she took the flower and sniffed it. Her face showing various emotions of joy, and I could almost feel it off of her with the force.

She was enjoying herself already. Even though we hadn't even left. Speaking of, my question of interrupting her was answered with a quick one of her own. She was going to just go in her own uniform. I smiled a little brighter knowing that she wouldn't really dress up for this occasion. She was always about work, training, or wore it because it was comfortable for her. To be fair, I never really felt comfortable in the robes, or the tunic like getups that everyone seemed to wear. It just didn't fit my style. However, the armor I just made? Now that is bad ass. That I could get behind. Shaking the thought from my head as she walked closer to the door, I opened it once more for her to walk through as I spoke.

"It's the festival of love. So the fuss is couples are going out and enjoying their time together. People who would not normally date find someone to go to the festival with to play games, eat, or just to hang out."

Smiling a little brighter at the thought, I had to say it so I could see her reaction as we walked down the hall.

"The thing is, I think I have the most beautiful girl there."

The unadulterated joy that seemed to reek off of me was a testament to how I felt about that statement.

[member="Sahna Te"],

Arekk

The Flesh Of Fallen Angels
AURUM
Heroes Square, Azar City

INTERACTING WITH: [member="Jyn Sol"], [member="Atefeh Lorr"]

The streets were swarmed with people dancing, drinking and enjoying themselves in this Festival of Love. Music thundering and echoing through each path and home, outside and inside everyone's personal spaces. Aurum boomed with joy and happiness like it never did before, putting everything that had happened behind.

Love prevailed for the day, even if for a small period of time.

Ar'ekk found it difficult to walk past the crowd in his way, let alone find Jyn amongst everyone sorrounding him. His gaze dragged everywhere trying to pinpoint or figure out where she was located yet something told him to be smarter than that. By closing his eyes and attuning himself with the Force, the young Knight tried to feel for her signature that'd tug him her way. It was strong and clear, like the lake beyond the green forest of Aurum.

There she was, holding the hand of a small child who was enjoying herself with utter bliss with the sights and sounds of this festive occasion. He only thought of her as one of Jyn's little friends, she always helped other people no matter the circumstances. It was part of her beautiful personality, who she truly was. That's why he fell in love with her.

"Festival of Love, huh?"

He whispered softly to her ear as he approached from an opposite direction as a surprise, eyes lingering briefly on the little girl besides Jyn. Patting her head gently and bending on his knees to greet this cute new friend, Ar'ekk made sure to introduce himself in the most amicable of manners.

"Hi there! I'm Ar'ekk."

Kipo dangled from his shoulder and oo'd at Atefeh as he nibbled on some fruits, the poor little fat monkey couldn't stop eating yet was grateful that Ar'ekk gave him more fruits than Jyn did. Spoiled little thing but he was happy.

Everyone was.

Atefeh's excitement was infectious.

Jyn could not keep a broad smile from her own face as the girl stared in amazement at all that was on show around her, but nothing warmed her heart more than when the girl exclaimed one word in particular. Mommy.

It was not a word Jyn had ever had cause to speak before, nor was it one Atefeh had, yet it felt right, it flowed so effortlessly from the child that it felt as though this was the way it had always meant to be. Drawing her gaze from the child to look at where she pointed, Jyn was equally as surprised by the show. That man must have had quite the confidence in his ability to juggle to be doing so with fiery batons. It did not take long for something else to draw their attention away, and then another thing, right up until they reached the Square.

Heroes Square was a little quieter than most of the other City, but no less busy, typically a place of remembrance and reflection. A different way to celebrate. Atefeh did not seem to mind, in fact she was quick to begin questioning the area and the statues within it.

"Over there," she said, pointing to a monument dedicated to [member='Jorus Merrill'] and his companions who had come to Aurum following the Horde attack, "are the men and women who aided Aurum during its time of need. Then we have those figures there," Jyn only knew the name of one of them, [member='Qae Shena'], though there was a woman who looked oh too familiar and a younger boy, as well as many faceless, cloaked individuals, "They are the original settlers to Aurum, members of an Order known as the Je'daii."

Jyn had not yet informed Atefeh of her place among them, there had been too much else to do.

"And then we have the High Queen of Aurum," she gestured to the visage of [member='Kära Hearthfire'] which stood central to the Square and yet was no larger or taller than the rest, even carved from the same stone, "Who brought children away from the threat of slavery to begin life anew here. Aurum is built upon new beginnings, Stardust, and so shall it be for you and I."

A voice whispering in her ear had her turn her head slightly in surprise. It was rare that [member='Arekk'] could sneak up on her, yet he had managed it all the same. Kipo hung from his shoulder, munching away on dried fruit which had Jyn raise one brow.

"You're as bad as each other when it comes to food, Querido," she remarked, with a grin that she couldn't keep away, just before Ar'ekk sank into a crouch to be of a height with Atefeh. Clearly he hadn't quite figured it out yet.

She would let [member='Atefeh Lorr'] introduce herself. Who knew, maybe in her childish innocence she would unknowingly give Ar'ekk the information he was missing.

The names of these people got written in her mind, associated with the stony faces of their representations, if they had one. They had been guardians, like the ones in the fables books she read. She couldn't help but feel gratitude, they had ensured the safety of this place. And Aurum was now her new home, Another word remained floating through her head, its sound somewhat familiar: Je'daii. Apparently, people had been leaving flowers and other decorative offerings to the statues throughout the day.

She noticed a little, slightly stomped-on flower laying on the floor besides her, surely it had fallen as they transported a larger bouquet. Athefe lowered herself to grab it and let go of Jyn's hand for a moment. Tiptoeing as much as she could and stretching her arm as high as it would go, she barely managed to leave the flower next to the feet of one of the faceless statues. Then she immediately returned to Jyn's side, putting her small hand in hers once more. "I like it here." She said, her voice holding a warm, calm happiness.

A male voice suddenly appeared, taking her attention away from Jyn. A monkey clung to his shoulders, and initially it was the animal who had the full interest of Atefeh's eyes, it was so pretty and even more so as he nommed down on a piece of fruit. The man was tall, and Atefeh had to tilt her head upwards to see his face.

Slight shyness suddenly overtook her and she moved closer to Jyn, almost completely pressed to her side. Then, [member="Arekk"] lowered himself into a crouch and he was less intimidating now that he stood at a height more akin to her own. His voice held a friendly tone, helping her doubt to diminish. After looking briefly at Jyn and finding reassurance in her eyes she managed to speak up, her child-like voice traveling with kindness. "Hi. I'm Atefeh." She answered.

Breaking her silence seemed to give her more confidence, and once more a small smile sprouted on her rosy lips. "You must be mommy's friend!" She exclaimed.

[member="Jyn Sol"]

Asha did not know the first thing about love, not away from the familial sense that was.

She had faced a lot of hardship in her short life, typically at the hands of men that could have been considered attractive, the kind girls her age would have effortlessly fawned over, and as such she had become blind to such things. Focused on her studies and her work and her duty to the Je'daii. Besides, she felt certain [member='Jericho'] would have a heart attack if he ever found out she was seeing someone.

Nope, nope, nope.

So it was that when fellow Journeyer [member='Lothar Lundgren'] crept up beside her in casual attire she looked across to him and merely smiled. It was nice to know that she was not the only person out in the streets alone, everyone else seemed to have someone at their side. Someone they were chatting to, or were busy dancing with. She was happy to be in the company of someone she deemed - by now, after all they'd done together within the Order - a friend.

"Hello there, Mister Lundgren" she quipped with a cheeky grin, purposely emphasizing the title due to how silly it was, naturally returning the bow. "It's interesting, more something to watch than to participate in though. Everyone looks like they're having fun. What about you? Have you been out here long?"

Reaching into her pocket she pulled out her commlink and sent a small message to [member='Caedyn Arenais'], hoping that Lothar would not see it as rude since they were mid conversation. She just wanted to make sure he wasn't out in this chaos alone.

Out in the Festival. Are you coming too? Stay safe out here, it's very busy.

Then she looked up at Lothar.

"Want to grab something to eat?" There were far more options than usual. The City had truly sprung to life for the occasion.

Arekk

AURUM
Heroes Square, Azar City

Brandishing the biggest of smiles upon his face, Ar'ekk glanced at Jyn quizzically. What did the little girl mean by mommy? Certainly it couldn't be her, right? Maybe she was talking about someone else from Aurum but then it dawned on him.

Jyn had been away for a few days and truth be told, he hadn't seen Atefeh around before. She was some sort of hybrid species and that's not something you usually encounter around these parts, at least himself.

"Nice to meet you, Atefeh!"

Kipo dropped his fruits to make his way onto Jyn's shoulders and hug her tightly, the little guy had missed her so much. Well... kinda. Eating a lot certainly eased up that feeling of dread, the man spoiled the monkey for the duration of the girl's journey somewhere in the Galaxy.

His eyes continued to ask a thousand questions.

"Who's your mommy, Atefeh? Is she here, celebrating the festival?"

Oh, Ar'ekk. How can you be so clueless? The innocent mind of a child is wonderful. He knew what this cute little girl said but couldn't really believe it, it was a mix of feelings that invaded both body and mind. A heat in his forehead, palms becoming numbingly cold.

A children of their own?

Wonderful, joyful, exciting, scary. All those things combined.

She could sense every ounce of emotion which ran from Ar'ekk.

The surprise, confusion, doubt, understanding, backpeddling. He had already figured out the answer for himself yet had purposefully blinded himself to the truth. Why would Jyn bring home a child, after all? It wasn't something they had discussed, and it was a well known fact by now that they were a couple.

And yet Jyn stepped into place behind [member='Atefeh Lorr'] while [member='Arekk'] did his questioning, and brought both hands up to settle upon the child's shoulders.

Kipo clambered up her arm and nestled against her neck and cheek, happy to be back with her, and for a moment Jyn cherished the feeling, no longer upset about how many extra pieces of fruit the funny thing had eaten in her absence. She looked down at Ar'ekk, offering him a light and encouraging smile, and simply nodded to his quizzical look.

"Surprise..." she managed to whisper, concerned that he wasn't going to take this the way she had hoped he might. Was she moving things too fast? Then again, it wasn't as if she was expecting him to take on any responsibility he didn't want to. She had purposely only put her name on the adoption papers.

"Ar'ekk, meet Atefeh Lorr... I adopted her from Dromund Kaas..."

She lowered her head down to Atefeh's left ear and whispered softly there.

"Don't worry, Stardust, he's just overcome with surprise. Trust me, he's going to love you."

Atefeh had already began developing a wide grin as she was about to answer [member="Arekk"]'s question. However, Jyn had beat her to it, and so she tilted her head fully upwards, her chin high in the air while her shining green eyes settled on her mother who now stood behind her. Calling Jyn mother, knowing that someone cared that much for her made her immensely happy.

Atefeh payed attention as Jyn talked to Ar'ekk, making the effort of breaking down the words as she watched the monkey snuggling its little head against her mommy's neck. She wanted to ask for permission to pet him but didn't want to interrupt the adult's conversation at the moment, so she decided to remain silent and simply observe the cute animal. How is he named? She thought.

Suddenly, her attention returned fully to her mother as she contemplated Jyn's words, before lowering her head once more to look at Ar'ekk; now contemplating the emotions running through his eyes which, even though she couldn't name, she recognized. The pieces finally started falling into place in her mind, the conversation silently spoken between Jyn and Ar'ekk becoming evident to her too.

The conclusion to her still child-like power of deduction was made clear, at least as far as she believed, when Jyn lowered herself and whispered in her ear. She turned her head, looking at Jyn with a concentrated expression crossing her features. Finally, her eyes returned to Ar'ekk, and the question that had been recently built in her mind was let loose from her lips, "Are you my new daddy?" She inquired, hopeful glee adorning the soft pitch of her voice.

[member="Jyn Sol"]

Valgærd

The most beautiful girl there.

Sahna had learned to accept much about herself upon arriving in Aurum. She was sensitive to the force, particularly empathetic to others. She was agile, a quick study. She had worth here. She had made friends, and discovered that she had something to offer them, offer the galaxy as a whole.

But never had she thought she was beautiful.

She was togruta, and there were not many togruta out this part of the galaxy. She was strange, with pale orange skin and longish, turquoise montrals in place of hair. She was scrawny to boot. She wasn't beautiful, was she? Ignis's words seemed to stop her in her tracks as these thoughts circled around in her mind. She drew in a breath, clutching the flower to her chest. Turning her eyes up to Ignis's, her own blue hues widened in awe, she spoke,

"You... think so?"

Her voice was hushed in disbelief. But Sahna shook her head quickly. This was no time to get all mushy. This was going to be a fun afternoon, a fun first date. At the thought of it being a date, she felt a smile crawling onto her face. Never had she believed she would actually date anyone... let alone a pyromancer of the darkside. Ignis moved towards the door and opened it. The festival of love, huh? She had no idea what that would entail, what it would even look like. But spending time with Ignis, enjoying some hot food, maybe seeing the others? It would be fun.

She passed through the door, walking down the hall with Ignis. As he walked alongside her, a thought slipped into her mind, a memory, from not too long ago. As it did, she subtly moved her hand towards his, gently brushing against his knuckles. If he let her, she'd slip her hand into his. Either way, her smile broadened as she leaned in to whisper to him.

"I guess I'm going with the hottest guy on Aurum." She snickered at her own pun, even as she blushed.

[member="Ignis Imura"]

"Yes I do."

I was smiling broadly as she asked if I really felt that way. Her body had such a mix of emotions. Nervous from her voice, but also wanting so deeply for my words to be true. For my... fondness of her to be real. And in completely truth, it was. Slowly, I could feel something brushing up against my hand as we walked. Looking down a moment to see that her own hand was gently pressed against my own, I smiled. My pale skin tone against her almost orange skin. Different, but still together. I accepted, and enjoyed holding her hand. Wrapping my fingers within her own felt... good. Natural.

However, I just gave her a look of a smirk that had very little disappointment, but also a laughing tone. The pun about my ability made me roll my eyes. Hottest guy? With my other hand, I snapped and a little flame hovered over the top of my thumb. Holding it between us and just shaking my head.

"Careful little girl. I am so hot, I just might burn you."

Giving her a little wink of the eye as I let the fire fade into nothing. Even as we held hands down the hall, and even were making our way towards the Festival, I couldn't quite help myself. I just had to ask. After wanting to know for quite some time, I went with it.

"So why do you hold onto your montrails when you are nervous? Are they just really soft or something?"

[member="Sahna Te"],

Arekk

AURUM
Heroes Square, Azar City

Joy began to wash away that sensation of dread and fear of the future because of little Atefeh. He knew from the beginning that she would become the most important part of his life alongside Jyn and only then, when she spoke out with innocence that he understood what it all meant.

The surprise caught him speechless and finding it hard to believe until that moment when it all made sense. He smiled like never before, a tear running down his cheek.

If this is how paradise felt then it felt amazing.

His eyes moved back and forth between the two, smiling like a total dork while doing so. It was so difficult to put words to things and he made the best of it, trying to come up with something to say. Maybe he didn't need to because actions spoke louder than words, someone wise once said.

"Yes, darling. Yes. I am."

Being called daddy was the most blissful sensation a person can go through. After all the things they had gone through, sorrow and despair came the light. It was her: Atefeh. Their Stardust. He would give his life for her and Jyn. For a bright future together, as a family. Ar'ekk was proud to be her father, someone who would love her for the eternity to come.

His hand gently ran down her soft cheek, clearing out a braid of hair that had gotten in the way. If she felt comfortable enough then the man would embrace her tightly, not letting go for anything in the world.

This is what life is all about.

This is us.

Caedyn Arenais

C
To say that Caedyn Arenais felt out of place was doing his feelings no great justice, the young lad wandering throughout the crowds of peoples more or less just making his own way and walking for the sake of walking, unable to recognize anyone or anything that jumped out at him as possibly entertaining or enjoyable; his anxiety in the environment taking to the front of his mind as his eyes darted from face to face as they passed. There weren't admittedly a lot of others his age that weren't accompanied by their parents or families, such was evidenced by the curious and concerned glances that he got by those older than him.

Out in the Festival. Are you coming too?
Stay safe out here, it's very busy.

His comlink down against the back of his right side chimed against the sounds of peoples coming and going in passing, the message received causing the device to vibrate against him, thankfully not letting the call from his Master go amiss due to his given distractions. Asha Hex brought him a feeling of relief, that sense of familiarity in where everything else seemed to feel so distanced and foreign, even if she weren't standing before him, he was glad to have that moment to pull him away from his anxiety and focus purely on looking down at the hand held device, offering her a response.

I'm just walking around...-There's heaps of people.
I dunno what I'm doing really
He hadn't exactly made a great deal of friends as of yet, he'd met a couple people like [member="Ignis Imura"] and [member="Sahna Te"] but they were both a bit older than he was and a lot more experienced. Here with the Je'daii he didn't have the same company that his sister had always brought him, [member="Loreena Arenais"] always kept him from feeling isolated within his own company where as now he felt incredibly alone and without the room to be able to relate with others or meet with them on any sort of mutual ground. Much of the time he seemed to be the youngest and being shy around other people never helped when it came to making friends. He had a competitive streak in him yet his want and typical enjoyment in playing with others only came once those initial barriers were crossed...

If his Master was around somewhere then at-least he had an idea of someone in the general area that he might know, yet at the same time he also wondered if she might be getting sick of him. His father organized this training, his pairing under Asha and Caedyn had done his best to be a good student, but he also knew that she had her own pursuits and at times wondered if he didn't get more in the way of those callings than anything; instead of actively seeking her out, he decided he'd keep an open mind. If he bumped into her then he'd go with the flow...-If she wanted him around then he'd happily be so, yet there was still that part of him that just wanted to meet other teenagers his age and have someone to have something in common with...

[member="Asha Hex"] | [member="Thasiktux"] | [member="Ignis Imura"] | [member="Cambria Zadira"] | [member="Sahna Te"] | [member="Jyn Sol"] | [member="Atefeh Lorr"]

Streets of Azar City
[member="Asha Hex"] | [member="Caedyn Arenais"]

People brushed against Lothar as he spoke with Asha, some with rushed apologies and some without any acknowledgement at all. It was to be expected, of course, the streets were filled with those attending the Festival.

Asha asked the Valkryi a pair of questions, to which he responded, "I haven't been out here long. I just left my room a short while ago." Lothar watched as Asha pulled a commlink from her pocket, and took the momentary pause in the conversation to scan the faces nearby once again. Smiles adorned nearly every face, and the pure joy felt in his vicinity brought his own mood up as well. He may not have a special someone to celebrate this day with, but he certainly wasn't alone.

He looked back at Asha right as she put her commlink back into her pocket. She asked if he wanted to grab something to eat, to which the Valkryi nodded ecstatically. His small breakfast had done little to sate his hunger. "That sounds great. Got anywhere in mind?" Lothar had spent quite a long time in Azar City by now, but a vast majority of his meals were consumed in the mess hall downstairs from his room. The food was decent enough to keep the young Valkryi content enough to continue taking his meals there.

Valgærd

Sahna smiled.

It was a broad, genuine smile; something that seemed to happen more and more these days. Ignis took her hand, holding it firmly, yet gently, in his. It felt… pleasant, natural even. His hand was warm, but not uncomfortably so. She felt secure in his grip, but he wasn’t too tight or hurting her.

Sahna’s smirk only widened as he looked over, rolling his eyes at her remark. He snapped his fingers, igniting a small flame on his thumb that flickered as he retorted.

“Little—?!” She began with mock disdain in her tone.

She glanced down at her own petite form as they walked. Well… he wasn’t exactly wrong. She chuckled, indicating that it was all in good fun. Besides, being small had its uses, particularly when one didn’t want to be seen.

He winked at her, that subtle gesture sending the butterflies in her belly springing into an excited dance. She’d always thought he was handsome, particularly with his dark hair and those piercing eyes, but when they were fixed on her, she could feel her legs turn to jelly.

Thankfully, she was pulled from her thoughts as he asked about her montrals and the nervous habit she had with them. As if on cue, her free hand moved up to idly stroke one, although she seemed completely unaware of the gesture. She pulled her mouth to one side in a frown of deep thought for a moment before she finally answered,

“Well by now it’s habitual, but… I think I started doing it because it… reminds me of my mother. Particularly now that they’re a little longer. But, the only memory I have of mama is clinging to her montrals when she held me.”

Sahna paused for a moment. She actually hadn’t cast much of a thought to her early childhood for some time, not that it was exactly a pleasant affair. Although… the memory she had of mama… that was pleasant. Sad, because it was so faint and miniscule, but pleasant. As they drew nearer to the festival, she felt her heart beginning to race with every step. It wasn’t scary, at least, not anymore. But there would likely always be that trepidation. She glanced up at Ignis, smiling,

“Do they look soft? Would you like to see for yourself?” she asked, tilting her head towards him just a little.

[member="Ignis Imura"]

Sahna actually took well to my question. While she did grab onto her montrails while we spoke about it, it was likely of reaction rather than her actually doing so of her own accord. An autopilot. I smiled a little as she explained it was a memory of her mothers that was the likely cause. One where she held onto her mothers Montrails. It was actually... cute to know that. She was just as shy as she was then. However, I got to see more and more of her, she was still shy and nervous about things. It was interesting to get some background about her.

However, I was taken back. She offered me to touch and feel the montrails. I... I honestly didn't know how to react as she tipped her head towards me so I could. We had stopped moving for a second. Standing there, I just kind of held my hand up. Almost reaching out but not quite.

"Are you sure?"

Kind of already moving to touch her anyways, I felt the base of the montrails where they connected with the crown of her head and gently slid my hand down. Cupping my hand slightly as my hand moved, it was a weird feeling. Unlike touching my own hair, or someone else, her's was a skin, or flesh layer. Near the base of the crown it was a little stout due to it being at the base itself. While the further down towards the tips it smoothed out drastically. It was unlike a feeling I have ever had before.

"They are quite soft actually. Its almost... soothing?"

I took that moment while I spoke to run my hand along the length of it before moving back to how I was. Different, and new, but good. I guess.

"Never really been asked that before, so uh... its different."

Taking that moment, and only making it fair, I smiled as I bowed my head so that she could reach my own head.

"I guess it's only fair right?"

[member="Sahna Te"],

Azar City, Aurum
Heroes Square
Observing
_____________________________________________________________________________________________

After spending a half hour walking about the city square, eating and taking in the sights, it finally dawned on Cambria what the festival was all about.... Love.

She should have picked up on the signs earlier, but perhaps the Jedi Knight had shielded herself out of habit from the emotions of passion and lust that seemed to permeate the Force this special day more so than not. Being highly empathetic, the Twi'lek easily picked up on feelings and general emotional states of individuals. It was both a gift and a curse. Today it was the latter to an extent, not that Cambria wasn't happy for those who were celebrating in this regard.

The notion wasn't totally foreign to her. The Guardian had been named as Godmother to a dear friend's child. Cambria was known as 'Auntie Bri'. It was the closest she'd ever come to being part of a family other than having a padawan learner by her side to mentor. The Twi'lek had been raised and trained in the traditional Jedi ways; taught to follow the Jedi Code, though Cambria wasn't so enthralled in it that the flaws of the one-sided mantra weren't noted. Some say the code is more a guideline rather than an absolute conviction. Over time and experiences that idea seemed to become more true.

Could there be such a thing as finding one's true balance between the Light and Dark? This was a question Cambria would seek out the answer to. Perhaps that is why the Force had led her to Aurum as it worked in mysterious ways.

[member="Caedyn Arenais"] [member="Asha Hex"] [member="Thasiktux"] [member="Ignis Imura"] [member="Sahna Te"] [member="Atefeh Lorr"] [member="Lothar Lundgren"] [member="Arekk"] [member="Jyn Sol"] @Je'daii

Valgærd

Sahna bit her lip. Had she said too much? Had she accidentally scared him off with her sudden outpouring of her childhood? He was probably just making conversation, why had she seen the need to go so far back into her past? But even as these thoughts swirled in her mind, she once again felt his reaction, he was not bored or afraid, he thought it was cute.

At her offer to touch them, he seemed a little caught off-guard. She chuckled at catching him flat-footed. He asked if she was sure as his hand moved forwards. As if in answer, she moved ever so slightly towards him, moving her montrals towards his hand.

Only as she felt his fingers on her soft skin did she realise that she’d never before let anyone touch them. His hands were gentle, his stroking tender, delicate almost, as if he was afraid to hurt her. An involuntary purring sound escaped her lips. It was not that she realised why the girls would clamber over each other in whatever hole in the wall they’d called home to have Sahna braid their hair. There was something nice about the sensation.

“Thank you,” She murmured in reply to his observation. “I guess they are.”

He stepped back, mentioning that he’d never done it before. She blushed again, dropping her gaze. Had she been too forward? Had he liked it? Was it weird? All her burning questions were melted away as he smiled, before bowing his own head, offering her the same that she’d offered him. Perhaps it was fair, as he said.

She chuckled, raising both hands to run them through his dark tresses. His hair was soft, silky even, and dark like a cascading shadow. She ran her fingers over his crown from his forehead to the back of his skull, lifting her palm as she did, as if she were preparing his hair for braiding. It felt… comforting, as he’d said so just earlier, it was soothing.

Finally, she took a step back, dropping her hands.

“So that’s why you’re late so often, taking care of all that.” She grinned, a playful glint in her eyes.

[member="Ignis Imura"]

Before pocketing her commlink she sent [member='Caedyn Arenais'] one lass message - I'm in the markets, feel free to join us, attached my coords - and then turned back to Lothar with a somewhat indifferent shrug of her shoulders.

"There's a lot out here to try that we typically don't see, the festivities really brought out the best in everyone. Or maybe they're just after a quick buck." She stuck her tongue out to the latter, though truth be told she did not like to think the worst in people and as such it was said in jest rather than holding any truth behind it. Despite all she had been through she still tried her best not to resort to cynicism.

Heading off in a random direction, to one of the many foodstalls, she let a tiny whistled tune escape her lips. Truly the energy of the place was infectious. It was a warm, sunny day on Aurum yet it wasn't as humid as usual, music and lights and laughter filled every corner, but it wasn't overwhelming on the senses. Just right.

"I haven't seen you around much as of late, not since Ceto really, where have you been hiding Snowborn?" That nickname, a nod back to Life Day in the mountains, and another cheeky grin to boot. Hopefully he didn't become offended, that was most definitely not her intentions.

As they ventured further she began to feel a slight pull in the Force, something which had her curiously turn her gaze around the crowd. She had learned long ago not to ignore the Force when it tried to gain her attention, her prophetic abilities were growing with each day and forsaking them was foolish to say the least.

Her eyes finally settled on someone alone amidst the crowd. [member="Cambria Zadira"] - a lost spirit come to Aurum, as so many of them had, seeking answers. Asha could have been wrong of course, she had been a few times, yet she had a feeling in her gut.

"Let's take a detour..." she muttered, sounding a little distracted as she swerved past a few towering Togorians in order to seek the woman out.

[member="Lothar Lundgren"]

Atefeh's question had her holding her breath.

By this point of course [member="Arekk"] was privy to the decisions Jyn had made back on Dromund Kaas, and though she was a gifted Empath she was honestly having a difficult time getting a solid read on his emotions to begin with. Perhaps that was due to her own fears, her own insecurities... What if this proved to be their breaking point? After all they had been through, Coruscant, the Red Dragon, Nar Shaddaa... To think that this could possibly be the end was more than a little horrifying to her.

And yet the moment the question was asked she could feel his heart swell with pride and love in abundance.

It did not take even a moment for him to accept her as his own, and due to that fact Jyn finally let out the breath she had been holding and beamed a large smile. Up on her shoulder Kipo seemed a little confused, yet the moment he felt Jyn's own happiness he began to bounce up and down with happy little oo's.

A new chapter to their lives together, the four of them against the Galaxy.

What more could she ask for?

[member="Atefeh Lorr"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom