Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Instructions For Dancing | The Je'daii Order

94ed663ff4d13e7b15053926b04d1f36-dc476lg.png
All throughout Azar City festivities rule supreme.

The High Queen of Aurum, [member='Kära Hearthfire'], has been sighted for the first time in months, and with her the Crown Prince Theryn as well as two new additions to their family. A monumental occasion for most of the congregated citizens who look upon their Queen with awe.

Her visit just so happens to coincide with an old Togorian tradition known as the Festival of Love. While it isn't the sort of thing many in the Galaxy would suspect of the bestial race, this Festival is an integral part of many Togorian societies and those who were saved by the High Queen and brought to Aurum are no different. They have much to celebrate.

The streets are filled with people. Lanterns float into the sky, twinkling lights have been strung from building to building, banners fly through the air, and all seem to be in high spirits.

In the Central Square leading up to the Great Palace, a great maypole has been erected. Even those new to the world, the men and women and children transplanted over from Bakura to begin their lives anew, find cause to join in the festivities. Music fills the air, dancing takes place at irregular intervals, and invitations have been extended to all including those of the Je'daii Order.

Dance, be merry, explore the various stalls which line the streets, and enjoy the Festival of Love.

Thasiktux would be walking around the festivities aimlessly, looking intently at some of the jewelry on display from some sellers. Being barely over three foot tall and having a Je'daii robe would make him stand out like a sore thumb.

"Oh come on. Get yourself together Ignis!"

Voicing to myself, I carried with me a single flower. One that was cut nicely by the lady who happened to be at the flower stand outside and in the city. I took my time to come here carefully so I wouldn't ruin the flower as I made my way up the stairs. Taking that time to talk myself into doing this. Into taking one more step with someone.

Calming myself, I practice my meditations while I walked towards the room. Slowly and gently, I knocked upon the door. Hiding the flower behind my back for the moment.

Waiting for the door to be opened, I knew that Sahna would be standing there. So I just started talking and went for it. Even with my nervousness, and my willingness to expose myself in a way that I had never done before in my life.

"Sahna, um... would you mind... Joining me in the Festival of Love?"

[member="Sahna Te"],

Caedyn Arenais

C
The Festival of Love. Caedyn didn't know much about festivals...-Mind you he didn't know a hell of a lot about love either, though he was in his mid-teen's and being a boy, of course he had an eye for girls...-Just perhaps not so much the confidence most kids his age did. Still, this wouldn't deter him from wandering the scene and enjoying the sights and sounds of Aurum's positively entertaining atmosphere.

He had never expected that exploring the Galaxy would be a part of his life, not so soon within it in any case. Most people on Commenor grew up thinking of what job's they might do when they were older, working their way towards earning enough credits just to get off of the world and buy a star-ship of their own, let alone jumping to not one but multiple worlds for training within the Force, something that made space travel seen entirely impossible and so easy for someone of his age to take for granted where he the sort to forgo appreciating such a thing...

Today Caedyn came wearing the Tunic he had brought with him from home, his attire carrying a presence within the force that give further strength to his own but most significantly carried sentimental value to him as it had been made for him by his father and resembled a life of love and happiness before the Je'daii. It had been a time of freedom and carelessness, getting up to no good and playing with his Twin Sister, [member="Loreena Arenais"]. A time that while he had to grow up from sooner or later, he still cherished and held close to heart. Against his right hip, clipped to his leather sache was his Lightsaber; both a symbol and something that he hadn't needed to use in any real means of confrontation, nor did he wish to.

This time however, this visit wasn't about training or family, it was about enjoying himself and opening himself up to the possibility of meeting people. This Festival had him curious and he wondered what love meant to those of the world around him; not entirely certain what it meant to he himself aside from the generic 'meeting and liking somebody', Caedyn found himself quietly amused that people had dedicated a festival to such a thing, while at the same time remaining ignorant to the wealth of passion and pleasantries that life could aspire too when lived while in love with another.

[member="Asha Hex"] | [member="Thasiktux"] | [member="Ignis Imura"] | [member="Sahna Te"]

Valgærd

Sahna was in her room, as usual.

When she wasn't training with Ignis or exploring the forests beyond the city, she was up here. Beyond the four walls of her sanctuary, the sound of the festival goers echoed through the air. Up here, however, there was peace. She sat cross-legged upon the floor, palms facing upwards, hands resting upon her thighs. Her eyes were closed, but the emptiness of meditation could just not be achieved.

With a sigh, she gave up.

Honestly, the girl had no intention of going to the festival. Wandering through crowds on her own didn't sound all that appealing. It occurred to her that she might spy Jyn or Asha, even Ar'ekk. But ultimately, she figured it was just easier to stay up in her room. If that was the case, then why was she still telling herself this? She did not have time to ponder this as a knock at her door sounded, interrupting her thoughts.

Sahna pulled herself to her feet and opened it to see Ignis.

"Ignis--!" She smiled warmly, but barely had time to notice that one hand was behind his back, let alone greet him, before he started to speak.

He was inviting her to the festival, the very one she was telling herself she didn't need to attend. She blinked, her heart racing in her chest. Instantly, butterflies sprang to life in her belly, fluttering madly. Her head was spinning, her mouth slightly agape. She became aware that she hadn't said anything for a few moments. Honestly, she was still processing it. She knew she liked him, and she had suspected that he liked her, but... to be invited to the festival? It was difficult to believe. She swallowed, trying in vain to keep back the excited trembling in her voice,

"I... I'd love to!" She exclaimed, immediately biting her lip.

Was that too forward? Was she coming off as too excited, too bashful and eager? Oh why couldn't she just be good at this?!

[member="Ignis Imura"]

The sudden asking was because of how nervous I was. She herself seemed surprised with me asking. Even more so when she didn't answer. Just kind of standing there. It was taking a moment to register what was happening. But the thing is, those silent moments could kill a man. We didn't now what the other person was thinking. What they would say, how they would act. Near the end of the silence, one could start to think that they had failed. Even get an entire picture about how they would have to deal with being stuck within the person they desired. However, I looked at Sahna as she jumped up and almost proclaimed yes.

Trembling a little, but also excited, she started to also bite her lip. Something she always seemed to do when she wanted to hold herself back. I smiled brightly and brought my arm out from around me. It was a flower that was only native to Aurum. A Scarlet Prim. The flower was more so a bud, but was a very curious thing. It could sense the force much like we could. Blooming around those who were of the light side of the force. Some rumored that even if the stem was cut, the flower would survive if the owner of the flower would pour just a little bit of energy into it. Of course, the flower was of the scarlet red color.

Handing it to Sahna, I smiled brightly with it. Seemingly getting my nerves in order and not nervous anymore. Almost confident.

"Since you agreed, this flower, The Scarlet Prim, is for you."

I took a step closer into the doorway from where she stood. Just getting closer to her. Ever since we had first met, and even went on an adventure, started as Teacher and Student, I felt that our connection was always growing deeper and deeper. I wanted to see her more often. I guess this was just my first step forward in accepting this fact.

"I thought you might like to join me at the festival. We can go now, or if there is something you are currently doing I can wait."

Looking her over very quickly, the clothing she wore looked like she was gonna be staying in. I didn't know if she wanted to change out of the clothing type that we normally wore for training and whatever else, or if she wanted to dress up for this occasion. I didn't mind either way, but she was so shy, and so self conscious of herself, that I wanted to give her the chance to feel comfortable.

[member="Sahna Te"],

Onboard Tranquility
With [Member='Atefeh Lorr']
Landing in Azar City
As the lush landscape of Aurum came into view, and the sprawling mass of stark white buildings - nestled within the junglescape - made themselves known, Jyn could not help but be reminded of just how long she had been away from home.

Her journey to the other side of the Galaxy had naturally taken quite some time. She missed her animals in the sanctuary, dear sweet Kipo who had no doubt driven [member='Arekk'] up the wall, and of course she missed him most of all. They had not been apart for very long periods of time since she had wrenched him free from the scum and villainy that made up Nar Shaddaa, and heading to Dromund Kaas she hadn't known if or when she would return. Who knew what manner of nasties could have been waiting for her.

But there, amidst so much darkness and confusion, where terror once reigned supreme but also joyous memories of her brother before they were separated, she had discovered a speck of stardust. A light amidst the chaos of her past.

[member='Atefeh Lorr']'s appearance in the streets had been wholly unexpected. The child was fearful, malnourished, in clothes that barely held together with their threads, and a grubby face. An orphan, just as she was, she could not help but feel responsible in some way for the girl, and as such she had brought her away from her hellish home in hopes of providing her with a better life.

Dressed up in new clothes, already looking as though she had gained a few pounds, Jyn could not help but beam a smile as she turned the girl around to admire her handiwork. A pretty little bun now adorned the girl's hair; though Jyn had no experience styling anyone other than herself, she had taken the time out to do exactly that each and every day, helping the girl gain some confidence along the way.

"Beautiful," she said, as she rose up from the seat she had been sat in and gave Atefeh the gentlest of pats on her head, "Can you see those buildings down there, sweet thing? That is Azar City: Home. I have a feeling you will like it here Atefeh."

Already the ship was descending at a rapid pace, and soon enough they would be landing into a festival ridden cityscape. Quite the good timing.

Atefeh's world had suddenly become so much larger, far more than she could have ever expected it to. Her yet immature mind had been too preoccupied with the dark turns of her days to imagine the vastness, the beauty the galaxy could hold. The dreams, the ever dwindling hope she had held had suddenly turned into reality. And her little heart could nearly not contain the warm happiness that now showered it.

Everything held such wonder, her green eyes gliding through all that surrounded her, only to get back to the young woman who had lifted her from her perils. She had a mother, and every step she took felt like floating through a dream. The sweetest one she had ever had.

As the Tranquility initiated its descent onto the city of Aurum the rosy lips of the child stretched into their biggest of smiles. Azar City was enveloped in soft lights and bright colors, nothing like the cold rains and the grey giants that tumbled over Kaas. Why weren't all the places as beautiful as Azar City? She, a child, could not yet understand that not everywhere could be a dreamland. That nightmares needed somewhere were to be born too.

"Are we really going to live here?" She said, the eagerness dancing in her sweet voice as she moved herself closer to Jyn, lifting her head up to look at her.

[member="Jyn Sol"]

Valgærd

Sahna’s fears were laid to rest as Ignis smiled brightly, bringing his arm around from behind him and handing her a flower.

It was beautiful. Bright, crimson red in colour, it was bud-shaped, not unlike a droplet of blood, of life. She had seen one or two of these around Aurum but curiously, never anywhere else. With a timid hand, she gently reached out and took the flora, holding it to her nose to inhale its perfume. He called it a Scarlet Prim, a fitting name. The Togruta glanced up at him through her eyelashes, a hint of a smirk upon her lips,

“And what would you have brought out from behind your back if I’d said no?” She teased playfully.

It seemed that the more time she had spent with Ignis, the more of this fun, playful side of her Sahna seemed to let out. Perhaps not unlike a bud herself, slowly she was revealing her petals, giving the galaxy a glimpse of the woman underneath.

She stepped aside as he walked into the room,

“But seriously, thank you. It is beautiful.” She continued, gazing back at the flower. A sigh of melancholy escaped her lips. She’d never regretted her montrals, they were a proud part of her heritage after all. But there had been times, especially in her teens, where she had longed for long, silky tresses of hair. This was one of them, where she wished for dark cascading locks into which she could rest the flower, wear it to the festival, show it off.

Shaking her head of the thought, the girl moved over to Ignis, letting the excitement of being asked out somewhere once again take her over.

“Nothing that can’t wait.” She replied with a grin. “I’d like to see what all the fuss is about, so ready when you are.”

She glanced up at him, still holding the flower to her chest. She was wearing only the tunic and robes she normally wore. She liked them because the muted, earthy tones meant she didn’t stand out to any degree, and the robe felt somewhat protective, like a security blanket almost. Thus, even if she had had a nice dress to change into, she’d be hesitant to do so.

But they were just going to look around, it’s not like she’d end up dancing, after all.

[member="Ignis Imura"]

Throughout her many years traveling across the Galaxy, Asha had witnessed many a celebration.

It was fun to see the differences and similarities in traditions from species to species, world to world, and while some were subtle others were downright copies of one another. She supposed it made sense, of course, they tended to be ones based off the most fundamental aspects of life - surrounding the harvest, and food, and love.

Love.

That was what today was all about in Azar City.

As she stepped out into the day she could already see the festival was in full swing. Lights were strung overhead which she knew would only become more prominent as day turned to night, music drifted through the streets, and everywhere merriment could be seen. She hadn't seen everyone so content since the opening of Heroes Square, which had marked the end of their downtrodden state and and what looked to be a promising and prosperous future.

The sight of so many people dancing was infectious, though of course Asha had nobody to join in the festivities with. Not that she minded, she was happy to simply observe for now. In the distance she watched as a ship she had come to know as Tranquility made its way toward the spaceport, it seemed as though her wayward friend was finally home. No doubt [member='Arekk'] would be happy to discover that.

Setting off through the busy streets her mind wandered to some of her fellow Je'daii. What was her student, [member='Caedyn Arenais'], doing at this moment? Or [member='Lothar Lundgren'] who she hadn't seen in some time. What would the Valkyri make of all this?

Perhaps she would seek them out, if they were even out here at all.

It did not take long for the ship to make its way down into the spaceport, and throughout that time both she and her ray of sunshine did little more than stare out the transparisteel viewing port as the city view came closer and closer until they were enveloped among it.

The child turned her attentions to Jyn then, big green eyes staring up at her in awe of what had been said, what had been promised, of the home she would come to know.

"Of course, Stardust, this is my home and so too shall it be yours. Tell me, little one, do you like animals?"

Between Kipo and the Sanctuary there would be many creatures for her to meet if she wished it, but before all of that there was one man in this City that needed to know of her existence. What would [member='Arekk'] make of the girl? What would she think of him? Nerves ran through her stomach, like butterflies trying to flutter free, but she hid her concerns behind a soft smile.

The ship landed, rocking softly as the landing thrusters set in and the ramp began to lower.

"Are you ready?" she asked, not wanting to rush the girl. This was her first time on an alien world, after all.

Reaching out her hand for the girl to take if she wished it, Jyn turned her attentions through the ship to look back toward the ramp.

This was going to be interesting to say the least.

[member='Atefeh Lorr']

A small laugh sprung from between her lips, the sound foreign but so welcome. She was slowly but steadily bringing herself to believe she was truly going to reside in this haven, that she was not longer alone. She swayed and turn very lightly from side to side, making the seams of her white dress bloom and twirl with her. She was anxious and couldn't wait any longer to see the new world that awaited her.

"I love animals! I want to be a veterinanny when I grow up!" She exclaimed, completely unaware of the mistake in her words. Then, Atefeh looked around as though she was trying to find someone who wasn't supposed to hear her next words. "Sometimes we would sneak out with Lirrie to the big garden, it was full of Ash-rabbits!" A pang of worry about her confession crossed her mind, but it was soon drowned by the happiness she was experiencing.

Finally, the vessel landed in its dock and the ramp descended, revealing the first glimpse of Azar city before her very own eyes. For a moment she was awe-struck. The warmness that radiated from outside, the light contrasting with the soft grays of the craft. The smell, the very view in itself. The words of Jyn pulled her from her admiration. And a very small, nervous smile decorated her lips.

She doubted for a second, shyness getting the best of her, but soon found herself taking Jyn's hand and positioning herself as close as she could while still allowing her to walk comfortably. Atefeh closed her eyes and took a deep breath, unconsciously summoning the gift she didn't know she had to boost her confidence. "Yes. Let's go!" She said, finally. Ready to meet this new world, her new life.

[member="Jyn Sol"]

Veterinanny.

That was too cute to correct right now, so Jyn simply grinned and let it slide.

"You know, I've never actually seen an ash-rabbit. Perhaps we'll have to go see if there are any in the jungle, hm? There are many wonders to be found here on Aurum, I have quite a few friends I think you'd love to meet. Perhaps when you're settled in we can head out to the Sanctuary to meet them."

She remained purposely vague for now, excited to see the girl's reaction when she found out about all of the creatures Jyn and [member='Arekk'] had rescued from the black market of Nar Shaddaa. Louie would have missed her, she knew that much.

When [member='Atefeh Lorr'] took her hand and informed her of how she was ready, Jyn led her down toward the ramp and there she paused.

"The climate here is a lot more warm and humid than Dromund Kaas. Let's make sure you keep a bottle of water on you at all times, until you adjust, okay?"

Reaching out to one of the crates which decorated the boarding area, she pulled free a cool alusteel bottle of water and handed it to the child.

Then, and only then, did she step onto the ramp and wandered out into the spaceport with Atefeh. It did not take them long to cross the hangar bay her ship was now housed within, and just a couple of doors remained between them and the exterior. The City was alive, more so than Jyn had ever seen it before, with lights and bunting, music and dancing, and with a soft blink of confusion she looked around at the festivities.

"Of course," she muttered, moreso to herself than to the child at her side, "The Festival of Love, I had quite forgotten that it was coming up."

She looked down to Atefeh and grinned with excitement.

"Would you like to explore the Festival some, before we head home?"

Pulling out her commlink she set the frequency to the one she and Ar'ekk shared and let him know that she was back on-planet.

"Meet me in Heroes Square" she told him, before cutting the connection and smiling to Atefeh. "There's someone I would like you to meet. Do you trust me, Stardust?"

"You have got pets? We weren't allowed to keep any at the orphanage." It was wonderful to see how in her happy daze she was able to speak of her previous home with no trace of sadness or pain. There was a word that was a bit strange to her, sanctuary. She was sure she had heard it before, seen it in that little book about animal-life she had kept hidden. Remembrance came to her, and the meaning of the term was made clear. "A sanctuary! That is were animals are taken to live happy right? Like here." She said, her eyes shining with innocence.

Atefeh made sure to pay attention to every word Jyn said. She had always been eager to learn new things, even if she hadn't had many chances to do so back in the orphanage. Datapads and holo-displays never lasted more than a couple of days before they were taken away or destroyed by the other kids and books were a very rare acquisition that again, mostly served to be vandalized by infants.

She didn't exactly understand why it was needed to more water than usual, but she simply would make sure to heed her advice and remember to ask about it later. "Thank you." She said with a small smile upon receiving the cold alusteel bottle.

As they walked away from the Tranquility and into Aurum's capital city, her ears were delighted by the sound of music and her eyes amazed by all the decorations and the smiling people going from here to there. Her excitement was completely unconcealed, "Yes! Would it be okay if we explore?" She asked, despite the offer having been made by Jyn herself. "I understand if we have to go somewhere else before." She added, letting Jyn know she didn't want to be a bother or interfere in other plans.

Her smile widened incredibly when she realized they were indeed going to wander about the place a little before going home. When Jyn pulled the commlink to contact someone, Atefeh made sure to be very quiet. It was rude to interrupt people on the phone. The next question had Atefeh develop a warm feeling in her little chest. Did she trust Jyn?

"Yes, I trust you, Jyn." She responded, nodding her head while looking at her with shining eyes. She liked the nickname she had been given, Stardust. It made her feel special, another thing she'd never experienced before. "Who are we going to meet?"

[member="Jyn Sol"]

Arekk

The Flesh Of Fallen Angels
AURUM
Jyn and Ar'ekk's Suite, Azar City

INTERACTING WITH: [member="Jyn Sol"], [member="Atefeh Lorr"]

He missed her.

Waking up every morning to an empty side of the bed was tough, Ar'ekk knew that Jyn went out for an important mission and how much it meant to her. Chasing her dreams were key and the man would be there whenever she needed it although it was inevitable to say he hated to see her leave alone, his guts tightening at that one thought of "What if something happens and I wasn't there?".

It wasn't healthy and that's why every time she left for important matters, the Knight would make most of it. Kipo was there and that brought him comfort, despite how awful the little fat monkey misbehaved on his presence.

Perhaps it was because Ar'ekk liked to give him more nuts to nibble on than her love did or spoiled him with other little things like getting on top of the room and dangle from the ceiling with the fear of breaking something. It was maddening but he loved the little thing, his friend in lonely times.

Suddenly, his comlink went off and that soothing voice of Jyn came through. Heartbeat reacing and feet kicked in motion to grab it he couldn't feel but happy and excited she was finally home, it always felt good. Pure bliss!

"Hey, darling. I will see you there soon, I'll get dressed."

Once his finger let go of the commlink, Ar'ekk walked towards the wardrobe and picked the most comfortable yet respectable outfit out of the bunch. A nice black leather jacker combined with black pants and the rest would be alright for this occasion, his hair kept short enough it didn't need coming at all.

Allowing Kipo to walk up to his shoulder, he took the moment look around the empty bedroom before walking outside.

Pets?

That was hardly the word for it. They were creatures, free as any others, only they had been born into rough circumstances. Unable to be released into the wild due to a lifetime of captivity, Jyn had created for them here in the expanses of Aurum's jungles enclosures large enough that they would never even have to see the edges of their confinement unless they chose to, where they could be left to their own devices yet also helped if necessary. Where they were safe from poachers, and hostility, and strife.

A home.

Just as Atefeh would find here.

"Something like that, sweet thing, if you like we can talk about getting you a pet. If you promise to look after it, of course."

Such things were good for personal growth, taught you how to love another thing, to care for something and in turn yourself. A little empathy went a long way, as did responsibility.

"We can explore as we head toward the Square, how does that sound?" She spotted a food stall from the corner of her eye, the scent of it had her stomach grumbling noisily, "Are you hungry? Shall we see what food is on offer?"

Jyn had not yet had a chance to really spoil the girl. While she knew that such was not a good method of parenting, she believed it would be forgiven of her if she were to go just a little bit overboard in these first few weeks so long as she kept Atefeh grounded in her expectations. After all, she needed more dresses than Jyn had been able to procure in their brief time between leaving the orphanage and reaching Fenn's ship, and outside of that there was a whole bedroom to furnish and toys to purchase. Plenty of things for a young girl to own, the likes of which she hadn't really had access to on Kaas.

"His name is [member='Arekk']" she told her, when she asked about who it was they would be meeting up with, "He is a good person, I'm sure you will enjoy his company. I promise I will not let any harm come to you, Stardust."

[member="Atefeh Lorr"]

Aurum.
Day of the Festival of Love.

Lothar Lundgren gingerly adorned his cyan Je'daii robes, denoting the Valkryi as an adherent of Mahara Kesh; then he disrobed in favor of more casual wear. He was attending a festival after all, Je'daii robes were probably not the most appropriate style. Lothar grabbed a small snack off of his desk as he was stepping out of his dorm and quickly began taking large bites. Despite the entire premise of the festival, the Valkryi walked out onto the street alone. He tossed the scraps of his breakfast into a wastebin nearby, and continued through the merry streets.

Lothar noticed lights above him, undoubtedly for when the festivities extended into the night. Smiles were upon almost every face he came across, which soon caused a grin to be born on the Valkryi's face as well. Despite his joyful facial expression, Lothar was well aware that he was one of the few attending this festival whom were alone. This fact did not normally bother the Journeyer as it made no real difference to him, but it was being rubbed in his face now. Perhaps his master, Zechiel Wyse, would show his face. Then master and student could be alone together.

But his eye caught somebody else who he was familiar with. [member="Asha Hex"] . Truth be told, he did not know the girl very well. But it appeared that she was standing alone in the crowd as well. Slowly, the Valkryi made his way over to his fellow Je'daii. Upon reaching her, he gave a slight bow and an introduction, "Greetings, Miss Hex. Enjoying the festival?" His gaze wandered again out into the crowd as he awaited Asha's reply.

"Really?!" The excitement in her little voice could not even start to convey the happiness the thought brought her. She had always wanted to have the type of company a pet could bring, be able to look after it and provide the care she had been denied most of her life. It held higher meaning than just the beauty of animals in themselves. "I-..thank you!" Her full expression had adopted a cute brightness that spoke only of complete bliss, and all she could manage to express was her gratitude. After all, she had so much to be grateful for right now.

The wafting smell of freshly made food glided through the air, reaching both Jyn's and her nose. The fragrance was delicious, but the excitement had her stomach kindly refusing the interest in food. She was too eager to see more of this beautiful place and meet more of its people, people like Jyn. "I'm not hungry yet but we can eat now if you are hungry." Was her answer, a sweet smile on her lips as she caringly expressed the same concern for Jyn's hunger. She just felt so good with it all, she could have stood where she was right now and spent hours just looking at the things around her.

Jyn then told her the name of the person they were going to meet. "@Arekk" She repeated, testing the sound of it. "He haves to be a good person if you like him." She innocently added, smiling once again while unaware of the little mistake in her use of tenses, or of the truth she had unknowingly spoken.

[member="Jyn Sol"]

She knew that soon enough she would have to start correcting the slip in grammar, and such, but while Jyn was an academic at heart she could not quite bring herself to just yet. This phase would soon pass when the both of them grew a little more comfortable with their new roles as mother and daughter, and a routine was formed, for now she merely smiled at the girl.

"You know what, why don't we wait until [member='Arekk'] arrives? He enjoys his food, a lot." Her smile turned into a beaming grin, clearly teasing the man even though he was not present (though her words were true to some degree, he was always hungry).

As they continued to venture down the street away from the starport and toward Heroes Square yet more wonders presented themselves. Street magicians performed in the center of the road, drawing the attention of most who passed them by with their gravity-defying feats and fiery concoctions. For her part, though, Jyn's attention was more focused on little Atefeh down at her side, wanting nothing more than to witness her excitement first hand. Had she ever seen such a thing? Jyn could not recall such festivities in Kaas City when she was a child.

Most Parades and the like were military based. A lot of marching and repetitive music.

"Do you know what kind of pet you would like, Stardust? There is no rush on making a decision, of course."

She could see it now, the Square which held fountains and statues dedicated to the men and women who had either founded or come to the aid of Aurum. Some of the statues were faceless, others held visages well known to many of this world, but it was not those heroic men and women that she was here for - though she did say a silent thank you within her mind - but a man and his monkey.

Just where was Ar'ekk?

[member="Atefeh Lorr"]

Atefeh's attention came back to Jyn whenever she spoke, her little head tilting upwards in interest. "Yes! We can eat all together then" She exclaimed, nodding happily. She would surely be a little bit timid at first, despite the current confidence in her words. However, having Jyn close gave her a sense of reassurance and safety that certainly diminished, if not completely erased, her more cautious and doubtful self.

As the music resonated, the military bands marched and the many street artists amazed passers-by with their skill, little Atefeh just didn't know where to look. Everywhere around her was so much wonder to be found that her eyes just couldn't settle in one place.

Her cheeks were starting to become slightly numb due to the perpetual smile on her face, which had not receded since the Tranquility made its descent onto Azar City's surface. "Mommy, look!" She exclaimed, her hand darting forward to point at a man who juggled ignited torches, his face painted in colorful geometric designs.

It was then that their surroundings seemed to shift, and around them beautiful statues stood, fountains adding the sweet sound of water to the already gratifying atmosphere. She supposed this was Heroes Square, according to what Jyn had mentioned to [member="Arekk"] over the commlink. It was a beautiful place, and Atefeh found herself amazed by the wonderfully crafted decorations. “Who are they?” She asked, referring to the men and women immortalized in stone.

[member="Jyn Sol"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom