Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Location Installation B2

RT-Diavik-aerial.jpg
OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
SETTING INFORMATION
  • Mine Name: Installation B2
  • Material: Desh, Aurodium, Gold, Iron
  • Affiliation: Chu Bornbazin, The Pantora Mining Company
  • Size: Medium.
  • Population: Moderately Staffed.
  • Profit: High.
  • Accessibility: Restricted Access. The mine is well known to the people of Pantora but is isolated, located in the icy wilderness of the wasteland Orto Platuonia. The site is only accessible by a modest spaceport located with the perimeter, used to transport materials, workers, and equipment to and from the site, and a security force ensures only authorised personal are admitted entry to the site.
  • Description: Located on the rigid barren planet of Orto Plutonia, the mine is the only site currently operating on the desolate planet. The deep pit of the open mine covers the majority of the vast site, which eliminates toxic plumes of smoke into the region from the depths of the mine, and refinery in the heart of the site. The heat of industry has caused the ice within the perimeter wall that stretches around the site to all but melt, leaving slush around the outer rim.
POINTS OF INTEREST
  • The Pit An over 2km wide, circular, stepped open pit, plunging over 1km into the crust of Orto Platuonia. The pit is manned by over 1,000 organic personals, and a constant stream of MN-1 Groundcrawlers drive along the road that leads around and into the heart of the pit. At the heart of the pit is a multiplicity of MN-1 Groundcrawlers.
  • The Refinery Large plumes of toxic, black, polluted smoke surge from the refinery that sits in the centre of the site. The ground around the building is scorched from the sheer heat that the building omits. A steady stream of MK-270 Pulverizers enter through the main accessway at the front of the building, carrying loads of ore for refinement.
  • Spaceport Across from the Refinery, inside the protective walls of the facility, is a moderate multi-hanger spaceport, enabling easy access to the wasteland planet and mine. Two Action IV transport ships are docked at the station, leaving two hangers free.
  • Facility Perimeter The heat of industry has largely melted snow and ice within the fences surrounding the mining complex that would normally form on the surface of the planet, exposing the scarred and barren rock beneath. Industrial waste is carelessly dumped towards the far side of the site, just by the perimeter and far away from the pit and refinery, along with discarded broken equipment.

SECURITY
    Medium. As the mine is a keystone of the Pantoran economy and the predominant exporter of Pantora, it had an increased security posture for a civilian-operated mining facility. The site is enclosed by a high perimeter fence which acts as a passive deterrent for the remnants of the Talz population, or any would-be intruders infiltrating on foot, while towers strategically positioned along its length with heavy repeating blasters acts as an active defence. The site maintains a modest but elite private security force to protect the mine and is encompassed with an advanced network of cameras and surveillance equipment as part of its early warning defence, while the frigid and desolate wilderness of the planet is a natural deterrent. High-security areas, such as storage facilities and refinery, are controlled via security cards and benefit from a concentrated security presence.

HISTORICAL INFORMATION
    Using a small inheritance left by his parents Chu Bornbazin, who would become one of the wealthiest men in Pantora, funded a handful of exploration missions on Orto Plutonia in search of valuable minerals. From these missions, three regions were identified by Chu Bornbazin for exploratory core samples to be taken from, to identify a prime location for a mine on Orto Plutonia. Ten samples were taken from each site, and the site is located where the second core sample in the region was taken, which identified substantial deposits of precious and semi-precious metals.

Mining on the planet would help kick start the economy of Pantora, and would provide jobs to a region in need of recovery. A handful of years would see the Pantora Mining Company become one of the most profitable businesses in the system, with a steady export of refined materials to Pantora and surrounding systems

Mining on Orto Plutonia would cause vast pollution to the planet, and the remnants of the natives from the sith war, the Talz, were pushed back into the mountains to protect the mining sites. Where force was required, Chu was not afraid to order this, and the Talz would take survive casualties during attempts to assault the mine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom