Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Inauguration Ball - Eriadu (Galactic Alliance and Frienemies)

[member="Ajira Cardei"]

"Naboo has an issue with segregation then?Two different rooms could be a minor issue then with separation...... hard enough to get folks into a room together alone, forget the fact you'll have to try to make both sides physiologically comfortable.What about small microclimates within a room? Now that might be an idea..... At least if you include the Council then perhaps you've got a real first step...I wish you the best in figuring it out, always here to help of course."

He turned to look at the 'Emperor' in question, spotting the shiny [member="HK-36"] as he did so. Quirky droid but he would have to go over and say hello, see if there were any types of construction droids on the horizon. He needed several hundred for an upcoming project.

"I'm afraid I don't have much knowledge about this portion of the galaxy..." There was a pause as he continued to watch the Emperor and Corellian have their stand-off. "Seems everyone and every government has done an orbital bombardment of their innocent citizens. They are all racing to become the next Republic with these types of actions..."

Tanomas Graf

T
It hadn't even been one minute since he entered the ballroom when he felt the atmosphere darken. He didn't need the Force to know that someone had took offense to his arrival at the ball. And he was right, for he saw a man approaching him with anger in his eyes, though there was something in his walk that just said 'Imperial' but the Emperor could not put his finger on it just yet. Eventually, he was right next to Graf, and he felt the tap on his shoulder which was a little rough for someone who would just want to mingle.

"Do I have the honor of addressing the Emperor of the Imperial Remnant, suh?"

He'd have to be a fool to not sense the anger in the man's tone, it was a drunk, Corellian drawl that stood out to him that this man sounded like he was probably from bum-feth nowhere, making Graf nearly question; who invited a hick to this ball? Tanomas returned every glare with interest, he didn't come here to get angrily questioned, he came here so he could have at least some closure that what he had done was in the past, especially if he could donate some of his fortune to the people.

"I am the Emperor, but there's no honor of addressing me for you. I assume you didn't single me out to have a friendly conversation, so I'm just going to say it; Did me coming here get your knickers in a twist?" Graf spat, but only loud enough for this man to hear him. His gloved hands curled into fists and a hint of yellow glinted across his eyes.

Tanomas was old, but he was damn sure that he could put this young man in his place, with his fists or with the Force, if he tried anything.

[member="Dalton Eldyr"] | [member="Julius Sedaire"] | [member="Theodosia Naphrite"] | [member="Ajira Cardei"] | [member="Judah Dashiell"] | [member="Cathul Thuku"] | [member="Taeli Raaf"] | [member="Liliane Lancaster"] | [member="HK-36"] | [member="Kellyn Muir"]

The yellow flash of his eyes was all it took. Why an accent and one gin-and-tonic meant everyone seemed to think he was drunk was beyond him. However, he had learned people thinking you were less than you were was an advantage. They underestimated the drunkard, until they realized just who he was. Thinking, the rage leeched out of his face as he caught sight of [member="Kellyn Muir"]. Though he was no youngling like Darius had been when he trained his last padawan, an example needed set, and he merely smiled to the aged man in front of him, forcibly relaxing his hand a bit. Smooth, calm, still enraged, but now a sort of blankness. He felt the darkness flicker in the other, and reminded himself of the brief teachings of a friend on Socorro, and slipped into a mindset few understood.

The question became, as his mind relaxed into the embrace of Force-enhanced senses, as to what would happen. He wouldn't come out unscathed. He could box and tussle, sure. Corellians were born to a scrap, as the saying went. But eyes were on him, and if his face made a connection to the League, what reputation would it send if he appeared drunk? So the drawl continued, but the eyes were suddenly crystal clear and focused on his new friends, and as he extend his hand as if to shake the others, he merely winked to the droid, who he didn't know as [member="HK-36"] but assumed was some sort of security in that get-up. The look was a tad regretful, with a dash of devil-may-care. He was who he was, after all...

"Hard to get my knickers in a bunch if I'm not wearing any now, ain't it? Just wanted to get the measure of ya..."

As one hand extended, the Force burned in him and he threw a left-handed haymaker with a flawless form. Muscles bulged with an inhuman strength that would crack bone, but not kill. That much he held back from, even if his punch blurred with a speed [member="Meeristali Peradun"] would be impressed with, for all he was usually the slower of the two between him and his old sparring partner. Though, the "Emperor" would likely wind up experiencing a brief period of flight after this. As the punch flew, the Monks' teachings came back to him, and Tanomas seemed to blur and double, then triple, each moving line a sort of photo negative. Possible futures, possible actions his opponent could take as he realized that his jaw was being sucker-punched. On the fly like this, it was hard to predict what was more likely or not, but it should let him at least keep on top of things.

[member="Tanomas Graf"] | [member="Judah Dashiell"] | [member="Dalton Eldyr"] | [member="Ajira Cardei"] | [member="Liliane Lancaster"] | [member="Taeli Raaf"]

HK-36

The Iron Lord Protector (Neutral Good)
HK looked towards [member="Judah Dashiell"] and [member="Ajira Cardei"], giving them a nod, Judah especially as he noticed the scruffy man-herder. The droid did not get a chance to come up to them and strike a conversation, however, as soon enough his attention was taken by the apparent brawl that was stirring up during the ball. These things never went smoothly, did they?

It all started with Julius winking towards the droid when the red glow of his photoreceptors turned towards the Force-wizard and other two by him,

For Force's sake, does that man wish to kiss me?

Was the first conclusion HK jumped towards, usually assuming that whenever someone winked or stepped a bit too close towards him was because they were enamored by the perfection of his ideal metal body and wished to express so by locking their lips with his chin-spikes.

The armor tall machine quickly moved through the hall, strutting over towards [member="Julius Sedaire"], [member="Kellyn Muir"], and [member="Tanomas Graf"] quickly, perhaps much more quickly than one would expect a droid of his size to move, thankfully Phrik was a rather light material.

"Enough."

HK interjected himself trying to force his Phrik body between Graf and the other two, looking towards the older man he would scold him,

"Calm yourself."

As if it was his fault for being punched, perhaps the droid recognized Graf and his connection to Eriadu, perhaps he was simply picking on him because he was jealous of the facial hair, or perhaps he just chose a victim at random. Either way, looking towards the other two he would continue,

"This is not some second-rate Dosuun hovel for you to brawl around like animals during rutting season. If you have any outstanding issues you can solve them like civilized men through a duel."

HK motioned out towards one of the door leading into the hall,

"Outside."

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
[member="Judah Dashiell"][member="Tanomas Graf"][member="Julius Sedaire"][member="HK-36"]

"Oh, certainly, Mister Dashiell. Forgive my cynicism, but at times I'm amazed the Alliance hasn't succumbed to that trend. The New Jedi Order has its share of puritanical fanatics, by all accounts. Credit to the Grand Marshall and so forth for keeping them in line thus far." Still watching the confrontation, she grinned as Sedaire took a swing at the Emperor. "For example, witness the righteous wrath of the Jedi at work. Who's the Corellian - anyone you know?"

She'd procured a drink in a tall, fluted glass; now she took a token sip mechanically, less from any real desire for social intoxication and more from the need to fit in. Being Lady Ajira Cardei could be exhausting in its way. As often as possible, she did her best to visibly belong; it helped cover the moments when she just felt like something else entirely.

[member="Ajira Cardei"] [member="HK-36"] [member="Julius Sedaire"] [member="Tanomas Graf"] [member="Judah Dashiell"]

She had been just about to leave, manners had been observed after all, when something more interesting happened. She distinctly heard the sound of someone getting punched, rather hard by the sound of it. Gracefully moving through the crowd, and setting her water down on a passing server tray, she could see one of the Corellian Jedi standing over the man who had declared himself the new Emperor of the latest Imperial Remnant. She had to fight the urge to facepalm at the situation.

She didn't realize she was standing next to Lady Ajira Cardei and another man she only knew by reputation until she asked who had just punched a man. There was a familiar droid from the recent gathering of New Jedi Order members to announce the Service Corps. now standing between both men.

"I believe that is Master Sedaire of the Green Jedi of Corellia," she answered. "And apparently he didn't appreciate Emperor Graf being among the attendees here. Or he already had to much to drink. Little early yet for that though I would think."

[member="Taeli Raaf"] | [member="Ajira Cardei"] | [member="HK-36"] |[member="Julius Sedaire"] | [member="Tanomas Graf"]

Judah couldn't help but to laugh at the mention of keeping the Alliance and their Jedi in line. He was surprised himself in all honestly. The Alliance had changed since he first built that Sullust base. For better or worse was hard to say, he had retreated to his own personal issues shortly afterward. Gaze followed HK as he moved to intervene with the fight, ordering the participants outside.

"Only Corellian I know is a Miss Blake with Whyrens Distillery." There was a pause. "Apologies but I do not agree with the Jedi and many of their positions, so I normally do not socialize with them."

Judah was going to start a commentary on how the Levantine was ruined by war happy Jedi but another woman approached with the identity of the man in question. Someone with the Green Jedi, whatever that was. Sounded a bit like an organization dedicated to saving flora and fauna of various planets in peril.

"Thank you for solving the mystery Miss." A hand motioned towards the scene. "Surely not the type of entertainment the new President was hoping for."

As ever, one of the only individuals peculiar enough to show up in armor was the last Lord Protector of the Omega Protectorate, the opaque visor covering his face lending as much anonymity to him as the pulled up hood of a slightly modified Cater Coat that he'd wrapped around his exoskeleton-covered musculature. There was a rumble from his throat that sounded, perhaps, like displeasure, as he seemed to appear behind [member="Ajira Cardei"] in his typically startling fashion.

Nothing heavy should ever move so light, but it'd become his trademark.

"Julius never knew when to leave well enough alone." He mumbles, voice muffled by his helmet. "But that's the Corellian in him."

[member="Judah Dashiell"] [member="Taeli Raaf"]

The emperor turned to face Julius, already bearing an abrasive expression before he even saw who it was. Assault on an emperor, this early in the festivities no less. This was going to be a more eventful night than Kellyn had originally anticipated. With a swing on the old man that just looked to shatter bones, Kellyn sighed as he took another sip of his rum and set it down before walking over to the duo with a wide step. By the time he got there, a droid was already on scene intervening in the affair. As the droid seemed to be intervening, he also seemed to be a guised advocate of a brawl, suggesting they take it outside.

Rather than see be associated with the conflict, he patted Julius on the back and notioned him to return home - to the bar that is. Drinks were on him for the rest of the night, Kellyn jested. Tell a semi-drunk man that and he might just believe its too good to be true. Kellyn was a man of his word though, especially since the ball featured an open bar in which Kellyn wouldn't be paying for anything. With enough alcohol in his system though, he hoped his master wouldn't even notice.

It was almost funny how the apprentice appeared more mature than the master in this scenario. Kellyn wondered if this might be a theme in future events under Sedaire's tutelage. The master now had a choice: step outside to beat the old man into a pulp, or indulge his senses by killing them off at the bar.

[member="Julius Sedaire"] | [member="Tanomas Graf"] | [member="HK-36"]​

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
[member="Taeli Raaf"] [member="Sarge Potteiger"] [member="Judah Dashiell"]

Ajira did her level best not to flinch as Sarge apparated behind her. "Oh, so that's Sedaire. Liberator of Corellia. I'd imagine he got those bloodstripes by punching things with extreme valiance." She turned away from the tableau to more clearly face the immediate group. "Mister Dashiell, we'll have to mind our manners: this is Master Taeli Raaf of the New Jedi Order. Fortunately, she'd blessed with more common sense than most. And this, of course, is...well, I suppose he needs no introduction. It's good to see you again, milord. Thank you again for your help the last time we met."

She glanced from Raaf to Sarge and back. "And do you both know Judah Dashiell? Salvager, developer, the future of the Outer Rim? I've just been consulting with him on submersible arcologies and life-support systems. The plan is to seduce Salacia into offering its expertise to Naboo. We'll see how that goes."

There was a good deal of entertainment to be found in visibly ignoring the situation that had developed between the Corellian Jedi and the Imperial Remnant's patriarch. Fortunately, both Ajira and Ashin Varanin had reason to find that entertainment, so she let a genuine smile out: a grim little thing, just baring her teeth.

[member="Ajira Cardei"] | [member="Taeli Raaf"] | [member="Sarge Potteiger"]

It seemed their little corner of the party was suddenly populated. It was quite amusing, considering the fact he had expected a boring evening of long winded speeches and glitzy pageantry.

There was a slight nod to Potteiger, Judah knew him by reputation only. The Jedi he was drawing blank on - he only knew a handful to begin with. Despite their criticism of the Jedi and moment ago,it seemed this one passed some unknown test Miss Cardei had.Having no real interest in the phallus-measuring contest occurring at the Ball, Judah turned his attention back to the business at hand.

"Pleasure to meet you Miss Raaf. Miss Cardei is being entirely too kind. I'm just a dumb farm kid, not quite sure what this 'future of the Outer Rim' business is."

"I could be interested in visiting Naboo to assist. Not sure how much help I can be, Salacia works mainly in corrosive salt water environments. I'd like to say water is water but I've come to find out otherwise."

Dalton was deep in a conversation with some dignitary or other, mostly because the author over threaded himself and hadn't had time to actually interact with any PCs as of yet. They were discussing the finer points of horticulture when it came to diplomacy, or something equally inocuous and onerous. His partner in the conversation was a young man who held the title of Diplomatic Envoy, but in reality was one of Dalton's advisers from his days in the intelligence field. Their conversation, though seemingly dull beyond belief, was fully in code as Dalton was being briefed on what was happening in the wider galaxy.

Then one guest decided to punch another guest, and the commotion brought the room to practical silence. Guests backed away from the two, instinctively making a circle of combat around them. Dalton disengaged from his exercise in code talking, and turned towards the combatants. Time going slowly as the original punch still hadn't landed yet, and neither had the assailed, who Dalton now saw was the Emperor of the Imperial Remnant, reacted to it.

Inwardly, Dalton was wondering who had dropped the ball and forgotten to tell him about an Imperial ship landing on Eriadu. He had probably been too engrossed in his conversations to notice it, though. His code talking was in top form, but he needed to work on his situational awareness, it seemed. As they were all in slow motion until the fight got further underway, Dalton began to move forward towards the fight. As he did, a pair of well dressed guards began to move from the wall nearby towards the fight, hoping to get there before Dalton intervened.

[member="Judah Dashiell"] [member="Ajira Cardei"] [member="Kellyn Muir"] [member="Sarge Potteiger"] [member="Taeli Raaf"] @HK-36 @Julius Sedaire [member="Tanomas Graf"]

[member="Dalton Eldyr"] [member="Judah Dashiell"] [member="Ajira Cardei"] [member="Sarge Potteiger"] [member="HK-36"] [member="Julius Sedaire"] [member="Tanomas Graf"]

"Oh there's no need for such formalities, but it's a pleasure to meet you, Mister Dashiell," Taeli replied politely, giving a radiant smile. "I feel you're being modest, and given Lady Cardei, she does not offer praise without due cause. It sounds like a fascinating venture to pursue for you both, I wish you the best of luck with that endeavor."

She didn't really know Judah, at all really, but she had heard of his company. Modesty indeed. She hadn't met Sarge either, but she knew him by reputation... from both sides of such conflicts. She noted the movement of guards heading towards the unintentional source of entertainment, and their host. At least they were trying to head off further escalation.

"I have to wonder who thought it a good idea to invite such... dichotomous people to such an event," she continued. "It would seem to only fuel a future conflict if the emperor feels slighted, something the Alliance really couldn't afford. A war on two fronts would be quite detrimental to the security and safety of the citizens."

She didn't voice it aloud, but perhaps Lady Cardei might pick up on what Taeli was implying, given their recent conversation on Erilnar.

He was unaware, mostly of who [member="Taeli Raaf"] and [member="Judah Dashiell"] were - he knew their names, from wayward conversations here and there, and could peg Judah as a businessman and Taeli as a Jedi from said conversations. But other than that, he was flying blind. A peculiarity, given his network. But one he found amusing, even comforting, in a way. It was never fun holding every card in the deck at once. "Anything that can improve the lives of the people of Naboo is worthy of pursuit." He says flatly, noting the guards moving towards the 'main event.'

Part of him wanted to go over there and do something about it personally, but age had tempered impulse, and he instead stood with an armored thumb hooked through his belt. "In fairness, I can't imagine anyone expected the Emperor of the former Imperial Remnant to show up. I imagine that would be like asking the Grandmaster of the Jedi Order to show up for your child's birthday party; if it happens, you'll be shocked, but if not, you won't be surprised."

[member="Ajira Cardei"]

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
[member="Sarge Potteiger"] [member="Taeli Raaf"] [member="Judah Dashiell"]

"Well, an oceanic setting is certainly under consideration, Mister Dashiell. I suspect your input will be invaluable."

Ajira sipped her drink and let the Eriadu champagne linger on her tongue as she weighed her next words. "I tend to agree with both of you. It makes me suspect he might have been issued some kind of informal, accidental, or token invitation.

"What do we know about the Remnant? I'm aware they've parked themselves on the pathway to the Rishi Maze, and I doubt Silk Holdings is pleased about the potential tariffs on HALCYON mass transit -- the trains that run out that way. I met the Emperor briefly and had a drink with him, in his First Order days, when he helped defuse the situation over Barkhesh. He struck me as...actually, fairly reasonable. One hopes that being punched by a Jedi won't spoil his conciliatory side."

Tanomas Graf

T
Time seemed to slow down for the old man too as the clenched fist came towards his face at what seemed like the speed of a snail. He racked his brain for any possible solutions to avoid being hit, until he noticed all of the people beginning to group around them. Tanomas scowled, he wouldn't be able to retaliate without hurting those who did not deserve the retribution. His eyes darted as he observed the Eriaduan President as well as his guards making a move towards the minor scuffle. So he decided to do the dastardly and take the blow, let the Corellian vent his frustrations this time.

The blow connected to Graf's left cheek and made ripples in his fair skin, a shockwave emanating from the source across his face. With a loud crack, the Emperor was thrown backwards several meters into the wall. Tanomas regained his footing once more, moving from his spot against the wall and leaving a dent on it as well as a few minor to moderate cracks in the fine architecture. Oh he was angry, if the look on his face wasn't any indication; the blue forks of force lightning arching between his hands and the ground would be a dead give away.

He pulled a handkerchief from his coat pocket and wiped a decent amount of crimson blood that had dribbled down his lips and through his beard off of his face. From the way his jaw slanted the punch had dislocated it, which was immediately fixed with a sickening crunch by the old man. What he did next would probably surprise the crowd of people who had gathered.

He chuckled.

He chuckled loud, great joy overtaking his grizzled features. "I haven't been punched like that in two decades! Excellent work, my comrade!" Graf exclaimed, putting out his hand to offer a handshake until a large droid rudely put his rusty chassis between the two. "I don't think we'll be needing to duel, friend. A drink would be more apt." Tanomas calmly stated.

[member="Dalton Eldyr"] | [member="Julius Sedaire"] | [member="Theodosia Naphrite"] | [member="Ajira Cardei"] | [member="Judah Dashiell"] | [member="Cathul Thuku"] | [member="Taeli Raaf"] | [member="Liliane Lancaster"] | [member="HK-36"] | [member="Kellyn Muir"]

HK-36

The Iron Lord Protector (Neutral Good)
[member="Tanomas Graf"], [member="Kellyn Muir"], [member="Julius Sedaire"], [member="Dalton Eldyr"],

HK watched as Graf sent out some lightning into the floor, a suspicious behavior but one could guess that was just what Emperors did after being punched. Either way it seemed the situation would start to deescalate as Graf himself seemed to have been glad he was punched, perhaps HK will note that and begin any further discussions with Imperial Remnant by delivering a solid punch at their closest representative.

When Graf called for a drink being necessary to celebrate him being punched the machine whispered,

"Well are you not the friendliest 'Funperor' of the 'Funperial Remnant'."

Although HK spoke in his usual constant drawling monotone a hint of disappointment may have been detected in his voice, the droid was hoping for Graf accepting the offer of duel to retaliate so that HK could persuade Julius into stepping back and allowing the droid himself to take up the position of the champion Graf would face, so that he too could punch the "Funperor" and more.

He looked to Julius then to see how he responded, but either way, even now that they were surrounded by guards sent by Dalton it seemed the brawl was over as quickly as it begun, unless Julius would wish to press the issue and escalate once more.

Also it seemed that punching someone was okay by the Remnant but stepping in to broke up the fight before it got out of hand was considered rude.

[member="Ajira Cardei"]

"I would be honored to come and see what I could offer for Theed Hangar. I can give you my contact information before the night is over. "

He was a bit ignorant in knowing Naboo had oceans, he had considered it more of a freshwater lake type of environment. A bit of research and reading before the potential visit would be needed, yet there would be time for that later. It seemed the 'party' had broken up slightly, as the Emperor didn't mind being punched, or so he claimed. Probably a show of bravado in a room full of non-supporters.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom