Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Inadvertent introduction of latent Force-sensitivity

Perhaps there are those writers who claimed they were writing such-and-such characters as NFUs, yet may have inadvertently introduced latent Force-sensitivity in their characters. I wonder who else might have done that and how they dealt with it.

From a OOC perspective, or an IC one? Well, I assume they'd handle it like everyone else does, great confusion with a tinge of fear, with a want and a will to understand the space magic that has been thrust on them they'd follow their individual path, where that leads them is up to them. But as far as OOC, well I've always been under the impression the site is quite loose, and promotes freedom of expression within their characters, so I don't think its a big deal.

But, I'm no authority on these things.

If I'm not mistaken, I believe [member="Sarge Potteiger"] went from Force Dead to Jedi Knight.

Though I might be missing some backstory there, as from reading his bio it looks like he had been previously connected to the force.

Other than that, I think most people hand wave it, or retcon stuff.

With that character, I know she is ICly dazed and confused because she has been suspected on multiple occasions (at least one each OOCly and ICly) of being a latent Force-sensitive, and before that because she feels incomfort about something she suspected of being Force-related (or Force-induced)...

So what I'm looking for is how to either deal with such a thing from an OOC standpoint, or how to avoid inadvertantly introducing that sort of thing on future characters.

Jsc

Disney's Princess
[member="Jessica Med-Beq"]

How to deal with being a Force User:
  1. Join a Force Order and get to training, Apprentice.
  2. Have a Force Master purge you of your Force Connection. (See: Sever Force)
  3. Ignore it.

How to not (accidentally) have your character become a Force User:
  1. This is not a thing.
  2. You're the writer.
  3. You're always in control. :(

[member="Jay Scott Clark"] Are there pitfalls to avoid when writing a NFU, other than making a NFU so overpowered in one area that other players could suspect you of being a latent FU ICly based on that? That's the sort of mistake I did with Jessica that led to this nerve-wracking arc, where her IC well-being has been drastically reduced, knowing how big of a deal being able to use the Force, or inability to do so, is to her ICly.

Jsc

Disney's Princess
Jessica Med-Beq said:
...other than making a NFU so overpowered in one area that other players could suspect you of being a latent FU ICly based on that?
Answered your own question darlin'.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom