Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

In the Veshoks, In the Veshoks, Where the Snakes Go (ME Domestic Hunt)

In the Veshoks, In the Veshoks, Where the Snakes Go
Mandalorian Empire Hunting Expedition
Divider_1.png

The years of terraforming upon the Mandalorian homeworld since Mand’alor the Infernal took command reversed ecological devastation at a series of crawls. Metre by metre, Manda’yaim was reclaimed. Acres at a time were freed for cultivation, nature preserves, and Mando’ade habitation outside the dome cities. While the domes still remained and hunting tags were preferred to keep populations from dangerous levels of overhunting, the progress was inescapable enough for Yasha Cadera to take up her warriors and have a grand celebratory hunt.

"Welcome to the hunt, vode!" Celebration and monitoring trip, the grand hunt set its’ origin point in front of a ravine leading into a hunting preserve with Shatual and other prey in the regrowing veshok forests and plains. The Infernal stood beside her Kad’uliik, Bralir as [member="Ambrose Cadera"] and the gurlanins who guarded her snorted and chuffed at the air, all in lupine form. Ambrose craned his great haunches, stretching his neck, ears reaching to the heavens before relaxing comfortably atop his head. Strill and other hunting beasts rustled around the makeshift camp with their owners, who appeared to be from all over the Empire… or so one could say when the Hetikles Baatir warriors arrived, the sapient bipedal lizards checking their armour and readying their bow casters for the chase.

“Our Scouts report a massive upsurge and overpopulation of Fanned Rawl & Kyr’gal Vipers in the surrounding lands, and the shriek hawks are more brazen than they used to be… I know, right?” Yasha grinned, her upper lip and cheek bearing a pink, curved scar. “Watch out, take out as many of the snakes as you can. Enough poison in a Kyr’gal to kill a village. We don’t limit their population growth, won’t be enough Shatual or bantha for us. Oh, and be prepared for rancor.”

A wink and a grin had the seven foot tall armoured woman climbed into her saber tooth feline mount’s saddle and took hold of her lance.
“Let’s celebrate not being dead!
OYA!!”

Lofting her lance in the air, Yasha pointed forward and Bralir bounded off into the ravine, gurlanins leaping into action.

OOC: Enjoy a fine hunt with massive creatures! We shall eat well and celebrate our many victories, this day! Grab a bes'uliik, speeder bike or mount and join on in. Oya!

[member="Kaine Australis"] [member="Shia Kryze"] [member="Gray Raxis"] [member="Cassiopeia Australis"] [member="Parja-Kal"] [member="Quoron Mantis"] [member="Tal Vizsla"] [member="Lisset Australis"] [member=“Atheus Voidwalker“] [member="Connory"] [member="Dorn Skirata"] [member="Amanda Kryze"] [member="Skosk Australis"] [member="Strider Garon"] [member="Keira Verd"] [member="Rhaegar Nemesis Dib"] [member="Ginnie Dib"] [member="Ra’a’mah"] [member="Nita Quez"] [member="Joanes Quez"] [member="Cynthia Solus"] [member="Aedan Miles"] [member="Acaleus Thorn"] [member="Alkor Centaris"] [member="Gerarich Thanor"] [member="Jor Kvall"] [member="Ambrose Mantis"] [member="Rory Baccus"] [member="Nibsani"] [member=“Aaray Solus”] [member="Skorvek"] [member=“Lilik Mantis”][member="Meerax Quez"] [member="Stardust Australis Skirae”] [member="Lily-Grace Australis"] [member="Tristan Wren"] [member="Tom Taff"] [member="Garrus Garon"] [member="Petria Breguet"] [member=“Ursula Vizla”] [member="Mavarah"] [member="Jake Awaud”] [member=“Torin Verd”] [member=“Pylon Zerga”] [member=“Vyr Beviin”]

Allies: Other Snakes.
Enemies: Mandalorian Hunters

The jungles where silent and quiet for a time as it slithered through the jungle trees after eating its latest meal,Its large green scaly body slithered around the jungle quietly as it caught the sound of yelling and charging into the jungle. It let out a hiss before making its way to the source, It was hungry and wanted only food and didn't matter what it found as it continues its journey its only hope was that the prey would be large and tasty instead of small and barely sustaining from the size that its been eating lately. It moved slowly to the trees as it got closer to see a group of Mandalorians charge into the jungle, it flicked its tounge when it saw them as tasty food items and went into the tall grass and slithered side by side till it finds a proper ambush spot for the charging mandalorians.

[member="Yasha Cadera"]

Tusk

T
A hunt.

It made Tusk's blood boil with excitement. The Mandalorian rolled his shoulders and began to follow the others. Many were riding bes'uliik of various shapes and models to cover more ground quickly, but Tusk wanted to bask in the hunt, enjoy the journey.

Plus it kept him more alert.

"Just me and my gun...heh....heh...hehhh...." The massive Mandalorian chuckled to himself and petted his large rifle, a gun typically used as a heavy weapon he wielded with ease. The bwatha was an old gun, but one that served him more than well enough.

For this one, he decided that a Scattergun would be the most effective. Alkor had been on hunts before- his Verd'goten for one, had been his first real excursion in beskar'gam. The weight had not been familiar back then, and all the agile movements he was accustomed to became more laborious. It taught him new things about his body, about encumberment.

Eventually, he adapted. The boy became a man, and the armor became a part of his body. He moved almost fluidly, albeit with less swiftness and more purpose. There was less need to fear when you practically lived in armor. There were less things that could hurt you.

They still existed, though. That was why Mandalorians carried weapons- self-defense was one of the Six Actions, too. Now instead of ever worrying about being hurt, Alkor put more thought to how he was going to hurt the people who might try to hurt him.

But right now, he was focused on how to hurt the game.

It was an unspoken contest of skill, and there would be bragging rights for the Clan who pulled in the most impressive prey. Verd prided itself on Hunters. Alkor couldn't pass up a chance to bring some honor back to a defamed household.

So, he cocked his weapon and trodded along the path, far behind those riding their bes'uliike.

I could not see around me. The asshat who was parading me around like his big catch of the day almost dragged me to the ground with the sheer force. Fighting every step of the way as some bag was hooked over my head and my hands in chains. Despite this, he had given me my weapons. Unloaded though. Hating this fact alone, I growled fiercely into the sack over my head. The man easily back handed me and started his own speech of how I needed to be more nice to him. He was delivering me just like Jorn wanted.

Jorn's passing had me in such a state for some time, that I did not care. All he told me was to seek out the name Centaris. Apparently this Jorn knew the man, or at the very least had some affiliation with him. I had been helped by a couple smugglers and gun runners to finally get to the planet of Jorn's birth. Mandalore. A planet of people who were born with the culture that Jorn wanted to teach me, to have me grow into. He said the same was for my mother as well. I knew not who she was, nor cared at this moment.

Because right now, when a couple of hours ago, the Mandalorian who was parading me around and I, got into a tussle. The reason why he had me all chained up and bagged on the head. He said he would take me because he wanted to get rid of me as fast as he could. While we were walking, I could barely smell anything than the putrid scent of the bag over my head, but I could feel the humidity, and the sound of an electronic female voice yelling over a crowd of Mandalorians. I could only assume it was a leader of some kind. Last I knew of a Manda'lor, or the soul leader of this culture, was stories of "The Bear" from Jorn.

Eventually we stopped. I could hear the man speaking to someone else.

"Vod, You this Alkor Centaris? Apparently this little brat is for you."

Suddenly the bag was ripped off of my head, as well as a couple hairs from the top of my head. The bright light flooded my vision as I looked at my captor, and this figure. Armored up and carrying a scatter gun by the bore size, I knew he was hunting something small. My vision moved quickly around me to see others were also preparing for a hunt. Was everybody here all decked out in full gear and hunting creatures?

"I hope you have fun with her. Cus I can't hold onto her any longer. She your's pal."

After swiftly taking off the chains from my hands, he started to walk away without another word. Looking back to the man clad in armor, I just shook my head and let it fall to my chest.

"Don't get mad at me. He dragged me here."

Interacting: [member="Alkor Centaris"],
Others: [member="Tusk"], [member="Skorvek"], [member="Yasha Cadera"],

Enemies: Mandalorian Hunters [member="Tyri"] [member="Alkor Centaris"] [member="Yasha Cadera"] @Tusk.

He and several others slithered to the three hunters in specific and some coiled up the trees and started taking positions to strike at once, They looked tasty and delicious for him and the others to feast for awhile. He waited for abit until the others where ready before they lunged for there prey hoping to strike them quick and feast upon them, He was hungry and he wanted food and these hunters will succumb and be his food.

It had been some time since my last open connection with the Mandalorians. While I had been taking my time and easing my life with them on their homeworld of Mandalore, most of it was spent studying their culture and learning all I could. Much of it was akin to my own heritage on Hora. Warrior or soldier like in defending themselves. Loyalty to their King or faction, or culture to their last breath and the last drop of blood. Stories of many of their exploits matched to many of my own world.

As much as I hated, almost loathed it, I felt at home with them. A second home, but still... home. I grew up fighting for ever breath of my life. While in recent years I have slowed my hand, and attempted to think before action. Working with Commenor, and their nobility, as well as their Jedi Knights, taught me and showed me many faucets for my... problems. Yet, when it came down to it, a blade was all I needed at the end of the day. I have lived by the sword for so long, that I don't think I could live my life without it. Walking without some kind of weapon on my hip, left me feeling naked. Speaking of, I still felt the same way without my usual armor.

Being trained by Mandalorians meant I had to not just learn of them, I had to walk, and talk and act as they do. Hence why I wore a set of duraplast armor that very closely resembled the armor worn by many of their kin. Beskar'gam as they called it. "Iron skin" is what I remembered it being literally translated to in basic. I was used to the kind of weight the armor had, but I was not used to the design and the function of the armor itself. I was used to armor that had many layers upon layers of plates. Unlike this where it had enough layers to be counted on one human hand. The barely two layers of plate armor was still heavy enough to be comparable to that of my plate armor composed of phrik. However, that armor has long since been lost to battle and damage.

I carried my lightsaber with me, a pistol, and a rifle. That was the extent of my weaponry. Checking it all off in my head one final time before I looked up to the back of the metallic wolf head of Manda'lor the Infernal. Yasha is what I remembered her name to be. Her voice ringing with a slight metallic ring over the crowd that cheered for this hunt. A hunt of vipers and snakes. With the slight chance to run into other creatures that threatened the population, this culling was an attempt to control the overgrowth. Natural selection at its finest.

A people of my own heart.

Once she had called out for all to begin the hunt, I took a single step forward. Posing the question upon my mind.

"I can only think that you will also be in this hunt Manda'lor? Bring home glory for your Clan Cadera?"

I had the question on my mind for some time. Why had she specifically asked me to join her and why had her clan supplied me with the training armor. Yes, as all clans do to recruit more into the fold, I could assume she wanted me to do something for her, or an attempt to "butter me up," but the idea of her wanting me to join her for a simple hunt for fun, was not a thought even closely resembling this.

A lost Voidwalker among an Infernal Lady of a Warrior culture. Quite the mix.

[member="Yasha Cadera"],

Alkor lowered his Scattergun as Jorn led a girl wearing a bag over her head in his direction. That was new. Mandos rarely did that sort of thing this close to home. It was reserved for Bounty Hunts, and for people they meant to divorce themselves from dealing with. It clicked when she was presented as "his."

"Hey," he protested, "hey! I'm here to hunt beasts. I can't just take home a live human being!"

Jorn had a raised hand with a single fingered salute already prepared for Alkor as he hoofed it from the scene, which left the two standing awkwardly face to face. "Look," he told the girl, "this is a hunt. It's not a place where we can sit and talk, so if you know how to use a blaster, now would be a good time for it."

He wasn't very parental- hell, he wasn't one for empathy, either. Things got dangerous on a battlefield. He couldn't take it easy just because of this situation.

Alkor switched his HUD to scan for life signs and started skimming the surrounding area for any whiff of danger. As of yet, there was nothing. That had potential to change quickly.

"You got anything to fight with?" he asked of [member="Tyri"]

[member="Skorvek"]

Word of Mandalore's hunt spread quickly, and by word of mouth rather than official channels. Such was common among the people, and so it was that the news reached Eldric as he sulked within the confines of a cantina on the outskirts of Keldabe. With each mug of tihaar going down more smoothly than the last, the exile found himself becoming brazen- his version of it, anyway, which amounted to asking tentative questions of those around him. 'What news?' he had asked. 'A hunt,' they replied. 'to show off the terraforming or some-such.'

His heart had raced. The Great Hunts were a legendary pastime of his people, usually undertaken by a father and son on the day of his verd'goten, but often as a social event among those already blooded. They were intrinsically Mandalorian, and as an Initiate on Concord Dawn, he'd been sure he would never get a chance to partake in one. Half-drunk, Eldric had rushed back to the dingy room he was renting and began laying out the gear he would need the next day.

And then he had missed it. The stripped down speeder-bike he'd managed to scrounge up the credits for on his arrival to Mandalore had broken down mere kilometers outside the city limits, and stubbornly defied his fumbling efforts with a hydrospanner. By the time he'd made the trek to the meeting place on foot, the other hunters were long gone. A stream of curses accompanied the former priest as he plunged into the dense undergrowth, a Vornskr Mk. 8 scattergun cradled in his arms.

The rifle felt strange in his hands. Priests were trained with body and blade until the two were synonymous in savagery and grace, and so ranged weaponry was seen as superfluous. What small instruction he'd had with shooting had been cursory, and geared toward hunting in a survival situation rather than combat, or the situation he found himself in now. The entire scenario felt alien, and yet...exhilarating. He was overjoyed to leave behind the bleak temple, the grim-faced Blood Matrons and High Priests, the endless worship and training. 'Now I just need to find some vode,' he thought to himself, 'and I can really start to leave it behind.'

As if conjured by his musings, the exile suddenly heard voices up ahead. Crashing through the foilage in his haste, he charged ahead to catch up with them.

Enemies: Mandalorian Hunters Tyri Alkor Centaris Yasha Cadera [member="Eldric"]

As they gathered and arched back mouths gaping wide they lunged to [member="Tyri"] [member="Alkor Centaris"] and [member="Tusk"] aiming to head butt them before going in to attack, A Viper in another area of the jungle near [member="Yasha Cadera"] went to lunge for her trying to dismount her. In a more remote section as Eldric rushed forward to the ground making all the noise in the world one of the vipers turned and made a lunge for him from the bushes its mouth opened wide and its fangs glistening as the venom trickled from them, The hunt has begun officially and they are hungry and wish to feast and these hunters have been chosen as the main course.

Prazutis

Prudii Kyr'am Alor/Mandalorian Elder

ALLIES
[member="Yasha Cadera"]

Divider_1.png

A'den Kyr'am pulls up next to Yasha on her mount, himself riding a red and black swoop bike modified to be much faster and quicker for maneuverability. The bike looked tiny compared to A'den's 7'6" body. A'den stops the bike putting one boot on the ground. He looks to Yasha. Seriously Mand'alor, I luv ya, but I'm getting too old for this shite. But things need to be killed, and you know me, I'm always down to kill things. A'den takes a blaster pistol out of his holster, pulls the slide back, then cocks it putting the slide back into place. A'den then holsters the gun. Let's kill shite.

A'den looks around to the others gathering. A'den in his familiar red and black armor, his custom skull style T visor. His brown Jedi robe that was cut into a shoulder cape was blowing in the wind. A'den's twin Beskads on his back resting easy. A'den didn't know what to think, it's been a while since he had worked with the Empire, his resentment towards them was nothing but a blurry past event now, besides his family was here, lil Ginnie would love to see him again he would think, then his niece Beth. This is where he belong, time to set things right. A'den wondered how his son Kylo was fairing in the Sith Hunt. A'den looked back to Yasha. My son would be joining us, but he's on the sith hunt for adara. So you only got me........and them. A handful of Prudii Kyr'am members pulled up behind A'den all on Swoops. My Aliit, they'll help us A'den turned around and nodded to his Aliit and then looked back to Yasha.

Bralir hopped forward to join the hunt, the spunky saber tooth feline beast eager to push on. Yasha yanked on the reins, her grinning face covered by the wolf-helm upon her head.

[member="Atheus"] stepped forward as others such as [member="Alkor Centaris"], [member="Tusk"] and [member="Tyri"] continued onward, toward the snakes and veshok wood. An addition Yasha remembered from Colla IV, it had been too long since the Infernal ‘checked up’ on the man, who saved her life, and whose life she saved in exchange. Ambrose and the other gurlanin scampered off, barking into the distance, two circling round at all times to protect their Mand’alor charge. Two Clan Cadera members brought another Kad’uliik around for Atheus, nodding him atop the felinid beast.

“It’s a celebration, Atheus. Look round you. The sun shines upon beskar’gam, and gurlanin rove in the breeze, their fur brushed by its’ winds. Animals are becoming plentiful enough for a hunt, although our prey beasts need to be protected, where the predatory foragers are plenty.

Yes, I plan to slaughter my own quantity to feed the vode. How are you? This is a much different locale than Colla IV. Come! Ride with me.” Onward they went, through the Veshok trees and into the recovering wilds. The forest continued, immature and lacking the undergrowth or rotting tree trunks, so much lichen and fungii depended on.

More work to be done. Yasha’a buy’ce tracked the flora and fauna she passed by, just as all the trackers and scanners on the Yalilyr and gurlanin mapped the wood.

“It’s good to see you, too Alor Kyr’am. Come, come Mandalorian warriors don’t get old, they season others with their wisdom.” Yasha grinned to the elder Mandalorian on his swoop bike, letting out a loose chuckle. “Ginn’ika sends her regrets that she couldn’t make it, but I wouldn’t want to get in [member="Keira Verd"]’s way this close to the birth of Ginnie’s twins. Keira is one heck of a midwife. Kylo’s needed where he is. We can take on a few giant poisonous snakes.”

The Infernal nodded to the swoop biked warriors, rushing forward on her war mount with a boisterous and joyful bellow. Finally a chance to relax with her vode.

Yet, having a new rider meant time taken to educate on the use of a biological war beast. So it was, that [member="Eldric"] barrelled through the anemic undergrowth in time for the (@Skorvek) gigantic 5 metre long poisonous viper to hiss and barrel with a snap from its’ hiding spot.

“Oya! Kill it, leave the poison head!” Another snake sprang from a coiling position around a tree, and Yasha unsheathed her songsteel sword, Bralir lunging to the side as Yasha sliced deep into the snake’s neck down its’ spine.

Spoken like a True warrior of culture. This was a celebration taking in the form of a hunt. Not just to quell the masses of animals that could upset this foretold balance of the ecosystem, but because there were enough to hunt them as well. Indicated to ride on a rather large feline beast. It reminded me greatly of other felines, and maybe a Nexu with the risen neck and shoulders, as well as the row of teeth. I had ridden equines on my own planet before, so I could only assume this would be the same, just that the cadence of the trot, runs, and sprint to be in a slightly different timing. I easily vaulted myself over the saddle as indicated by the wolven head of the Manda'lor.

Taking hold of the reins, I could feel the twitching of the creature underneath me. It wasn't sure who I was, and why I was riding. Likely a creature new to being ridden and only recently was broken in. Leaning forward, I slowly ran my hand down the length of the neck. Speaking softly into the creatures ear through my helmet.

"Su gar camara. Ni cuyir gar burc'ya."

Gently getting used to the creature, I was so very tempted to us the force in some form to calm the creature. To make any kind of connection. However, as Mandalore had rules strictly agains that, I couldn't use my gift, as well as my curse. Instead calmly kicking my heals into the side of the creature echoing a "Hyia!" to have the sabertooth move forward along side the leader. However, a pace or two behind. She was the "pack Leader" and the creature needed to know this just as much as I.

I stayed silent for the moment. Riding along as others showed up. Including a man on a speeder who barrled through and caused the Kad'uliik to stop and take a single step backwards. Patting the creature on the neck and letting it ease itself, I moved forward. rocking my hips in cadence with the shoulder blades of the sabertooth. Make it easier for the creature to move in line with the Infernal one.

However, as I was attempting to calm him down, He began to growl loudly and bare his teeth. He knew something was off. I trusted. Bringing my lightsaber up but not yet activating. It was at that moment that a viper, large and monstrous broke through the shade. Charging at us and attacking. Infernal without hesitation attacked. I could see it in my peripherals as I too kicked hard into the sides of my mount. He charged forward as the snap hiss of my lightsaber activated.

The violet blade shone in the surrounding area as a blade was stabbed deep into the creature. I too raced forward. However, instead of staying stagnant, I had the sabertooth race past the creature as I slashed out at its hide. Throwing everything I could into the swing. Feeling the resistance in my arm, as well as a pop of my shoulder from the jarring impact of the blade wanting to stay in the hide, while I wanted to keep moving forward. Yanking it out, I continued onward and raced around a tree to come in for a second run. Kicking into the side again and again, lifting my rear off of the saddle and leaning forward. I was growling as I slowly would attempt to control my anger, and as though the creature understood what I was doing, he too, growled through its teeth between the massive breaths needed to sprint dead on at the viper.

"Infernal, Move or you will have to fight the horns!"

On an account that staying still, while a massive creature could easily just lay down on her as she plunged the blade into the creature, moving would be her best choice. When fighting with a sword, lightsaber, or any melee based weapon, you had footwork involved to keep you on your toes, and ready for any counter attacks. However, while mounted, a beast could not easily do the same with four feet. A turn around took time, and side movement could throw her from the mounted position.

[member="Yasha Cadera"], @A'den Kyr'am, [member="Skorvek"], [member="Eldric"], [member="Alkor Centaris"], [member="Tyri"], [member="Tusk"],

Deius Koman'na
Objective: Enjoy the Hunt
Action: Set up Ambush from up high

This just isn't my day.

His lone thought cascaded across his mind, quite uncomfortable with his current financial circumstance but it knew it couldn't be helped now in the moment. Deius figured it would be better to off to let his mind focus on a hunt, any hunt, to simply let his instincts run wild. He had not expected the presence of so many others here, Perhaps the jobs are slow today after all The young Mandalorian conceded, after all if the slower flow of jobs brought more of his kin here that meant the suffering had not been exclusive to Deius.

Oh yeah, time to for the hunt. Deius slowly moved ahead, he watched as many of the others charged forward, their courage on full display. He rather wondered on the possibility of grabbing his own War Droid to ride into battle. His mind exploded with the imagination of commanding such terror on the battlefield, he peered off towards the sky before he shook his head to refocus.

Deius patted his speeder and without word he pushed the accelerator forward and felt his body move back with the sudden shift of speed. His eyes darted across the shifting landscape, no doubt the sound of the hunt would draw any predator away and it would leave only the deadliest to hunt the hunters. How fun. Deius bemused with himself as he let his helmet's scanner give a faint reading of a nearby creature.

The young Mandalorian released the controls and his speeder began to slow down but instead of coasting with it Deius jumped from his seat and lunged for one of the trees next to him. With a quick intake of breath and a shallow grunt he scaled up the tree and found himself standing ontop of a not so thick branch.

Deius noted his weight but stayed close to the base of the branch as he peered around him below, and heard the sound of one of the first catches of the day. He stood there and waited, the reports had dictated quite a large numbers of this very large snakes and Deius hoped to catch one of them attempting to sneak up on his kin down below.

[member="Yasha Cadera"] | [member="A'den Kyr'am"] | [member="Skorvek"] | [member="Alkor Centaris"] | [member="Atheus"] | [member="Tyri"]

Sudden gunfire erupted up ahead, rolling through the veshoks like thunder. 'Sithspit,' he groused, tapping an index finger on the scattergun's trigger guard, 'they're starting without me.' His irritation grew rapidly; the last few months had been nightmarish after leaving the Priesthood, and this hunt was the first hint that things might be turning around- that he would get a chance to find a place among his vod.

The exile picked up his pace, branches and ferns slapping at his arms and legs as he bulled his way through the forest. He didn't feel them through the armorweave suit he was wearing, nor through the his haze of excitement.

He didn't see the snake. Not until it was almost too late. The green scales blended in perfectly with the forest, and whatever slight noise made by its passing was drowned out by his own clumsy advance. A flash of motion, off to his left, was the only thing that saved him. The Mandalorian pivoted on his heel, bringing the scattergun up and firing off a round.

Too late. Blood, dirt, and bark rose in a frenzy as coiled muscle took him in the chest. The impact shocked the scattergun from his grasp and laid him out flat, breath whooshing from his lungs.

His features grim behind the expressionless visor of his buy'ce, Eldric hooked his right forearm beneath the snake's head, holding at bay fangs dripping with venom, while his left hand tugged his combat knife free from its sheath.

Despite it all, the exile couldn't help but notice his heart rate hadn't even increased. All of the nerves, the hope tinged with dread that took him every time he pictured meeting his vode, the excitement of doing well on his verd'goten and the anxiety that he would fail to impress, they all vanished the moment his fingers closed around the knife's hilt.

With a grunt, he thrust the blade parallel to his other arm, a horizontal stab meant to pierce the snake's head.

[member="Skorvek"]

Enemies: Mandalorian Hunters [member="Deius Koman'na"] [member="Eldric"] [member="Yasha Cadera"] @Alkor Centaris [member="Atheus"] @A'den Kyr'am [member="Tyri"]

The serpent that lunged for the Infernal let out a painful hiss and snarl as the blade carved its way down its spine and it collapsed to the ground trying to get back up but it fell again as the life left its body but it was not alone, When it went down another one from the tree top above them lunged down aiming for who ever it would get its fangs on and a couple other serpents lunged from the bushes going for the other Mandalorians near her while the one above went for her. Meanwhile the serpent that struck Eldric was nawing at his arm like a ravaonous starving beast but let out a hiss and backed off from him when he stabbed it in the head not killing it it simply backed up and arched itself readying for another attack at him not caring for the wound that he caused it, The jungle was wild with these beasts and they where hungry and food was delivered and they will not pass up the opportunity of a good feast. As the Mandalorian that was observing from the tree top he could see one slinking around under his tree heading to the current battle unaware of his presence.

Allies: @Deius Koman’na [member="Eldric"] [member="Alkor Centaris"] [member="Atheus"] @A’den Kyr’am [member="Tyri"]
Enemies: [member="Skorvek"] and sneks.

Reptilian blood splashed across the Infernal and her mount, as the Kal-buir sword struck its’ arcing line. Atheus called for her motion, and in the community of vode hunters, Yasha was not about to disregard a single yelp.

She flattened herself on Bralir’s back-and-side, as the gigantic feline leapt into the air and twisted in a corkscrew through the coil of the falling snake. Rider and beast as one, Yasha clung close to Bralir’s fur as the creature’s front paws clung at the ground, back end twisting round in a 180. Yasha rose in her saddle to swing the sword once more on the injured snake’s head, severing the spinal column and ensuring this one snake bit no more.

Further in the clearing, [member="Eldric"] thrust a bekad into another of the beasts, who seemed intent on turning the before unseen Mandalorian into a form of ophidian jerky.

“Atheus! Your six!” Spurring Bralir on, Yasha nearly lost her grip in the saddle as the snake above her plunged hard atop her head.

“Don’t let them bite you! Their poison could kill a village!” Yasha growled to the Mandalorian tangoing with his own cruel fate. The Infernal’s songsteel sword thrust up to cessate the next snake’s attempt to bite through her ‘gam.

“Rrrrrgh!” Yasha pushed off the feline mount, landing with a clang back-first on the ground. Bralir howled and swung round, attacking the offending snake with her own saber teeth and massive claws.

What a day to be alive!

"I wasn't born yesterday. I can see everyone is going hunting."

This person, Alken, Alkor, Alkon? Treated me like an idiot. I have done well enough on my own so far. Raised by a Mandalorian already. I knew what it took to survive. I could hunt, I just didn't know what we were hunting. Treating me like a child is not how I wanted this to go down. I shook my head as I pulled out my rifle. While at the time It was unloaded, I reached into the sack at my side to pull out some rounds. Loading the weapon through the tube on the bottom of the barrel. Even loading one into the chamber with a quick pull of the lever.

Even as the man asked if I had anything to hunt with, I had already been loading the rifle by now. Being thrown into this situation was not ideal. However, I had to do whatever I could to stay alive and prove my worth. If there was any worth to be proving. It was when we started to move out that I followed Alkor. His armor would protect him easily. I had nothing but the clothes on my back to protect me. If we were attacked, I at the very least hoped that they would attack alkor in his armor as he could sustain a blow. Where as I would easily die just for the lack of armor.

I saw that others racing through on floating metal monsters, and even feline creatures with large insizor teeth. Some were dressed in varying shades of the same designs, but were all different. Kind of like from the native spears and bows back home. Everyone of them was made the same way, but some parts were added or left out to make it better for the user. Same was with this Mandalorian Armor. Colors, shades, thickness, utilities, all seemed different. Even a man riding on one of these creatures wore nothing but the armor itself. There wasn't a jetpack, or any kind of extra. Almost like one of the Knights of Old( [member="Atheus"], ). A woman was wearing a massive wolf helmet. The eyes glowing and the entire neck moving. I couldn't tell if she was human with special armor, or if she actually did have a lupine head( [member="Yasha Cadera"], ).

Even so, it was a little time before we were attacked by a string of serpentine creatures. It seemed the mounted people were dealing with some on their own. I didn't fire a shot. Fearful of hitting one of them or spooking their mounts. However, I waited for the right time to strike. While they were all dealing with the ones that were in direct confrontation, I immediately turned around. If they worked in packs, then I could assume one or a few would turn around.

Even as I did so, Another lashed out right for me. I quickly sidestepped. A quick twist of my wrist to grab a hold of the barrel of my gun, and swung it around to slice into the neckline of the creature with the axe head. Without a second thought, I had my foot stomp down on the body as I ripped the axe head from the body, and with deft hands fired a round into the top of the head, with a second shot loaded into the chamber via leaver action, and fired again.

I brought my aim up to the surrounding area again and made sure I wasn't being attacked again.

[member="Skorvek"],[member="Deius Koman'na"], @A'den Kyr'am, [member="Alkor Centaris"],

Cadera fought well against the snake attacking her. Even so, I spun my saber along my side. The familiar hum of the weapon zoning in and out of my hearing as I charged forwards. Even so, I paid attention more so to the Infernal and her actions. Spinning out of trouble and taking down her own snake. I could understand how she fought even more now. She wanted the horns. She wanted to grab the teeth from the creature itself and tango. To prove that she was not just any woman. Did she still feel like she had to validate herself?

However, The metallic growl that came from the woman of danger headed for me rang out. Without even thinking, my mind blew up within the force. Searching for anything behind me. Instantly finding the source. A rapid incoming rage that was with all the intent to take my life. There was no way I could spin around in enough time to cut at the creature. I couldn't bend that way. Instead, My left arm swung behind me as I leaned back. I felt a weight heavily land upon me. Coiling around my arm faster than I could blink.

The wolf growled of the poison. Good thing that this vipers teeth couldn't pierce through plates, or a metal arm. Considering my entire left arm was made of Sith Alchemy. I couldn't cut at my arm with my lightsaber. I feared that attempting to strike at it would meet the end of my arm. I hated to do this to my brand new armor, but it had to be done.

The pain in my left shoulder skyrocketed so much I yelled in anger and frustration of what this snake was causing me to do. Slamming my fist as hard as I could into an oncoming tree. No, not just a limb of the tree, but the base of the trunk itself. The resulting sound was a massive crack that could echo louder than any slugthrower breaking the sound barrier. My punch was augmented by a energy charge. One that could deliver punches to destroy permacrete. So this trunk of wood didn't stand a chance as I blew out almost the entire base of it with a single punch.

As a side effect, the armor on my left arm was broken and shattered into pieces, as well as the viper that had once been on there. However now, it too was a mangled mess of guts, scales, and blood. The sabertooth hound I rode brought himself to a halt all on his own.

"OSI'KYR!"

Roaring in pain for my shoulder as I flung my hand limply up and down almost as though I were trying to shake off the blood from my arm.

Looking up quickly to the Manda'lor, I nodded my thanks to her. I would only assume I would be paying for the damages done to my armor since I was the one who broke it by shoving literally every ounce of power into my punch to get this thing off of me. I shut off my lightsaber and kicked the side of my sabertooth to close the distance to the Manda'lor and reached down from the mount to the viper she had been dealing with and gripped it with my left hand. Making sure that I grabbed the head so if it were still alive, it couldn't bite anyone.

"Yes, You said keep them enough for a trophy, but I would rather not have one coil up my arm. Oh, sorry about the armor."

I shook my head as it seemed others have been dealing with their own creatures at the current moment. I was more so worried that the simple stabs and cut at this viper were not enough to kill it. Getting off my own mount as the Wolf of Mandalore had literally been in a biting and clawing fit with this viper.

"Next suit of armor I get, I might have to forego the armor on my left arm."

[member="Tyri"], [member="Yasha Cadera"], [member="Skorvek"], [member="Eldric"], @A'den Kyr'am, [member="Alkor Centaris"],

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom