Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

In the Danger Zone

Lori snickered as [member="Curtis Learchin"] gave her a lady title. She was far from that as far as she was concerned. Maybe if her parents still ruled over Commenor, then she could have been. But that was another life, and one that was forever gone.

She liked having him closeby, her hand locked together with his. Something about it just felt right. Their talents differed, but that was okay as it balanced everything out between them. Or at least that was how it seemed.

As Curtis resumed cooking, Lori sat at the table and watched, her chin resting in her hands as her elbows rested on the table. "I don't think that they focus on the south much. So security might be more lax around Iego. We could sneak into their territory from there. The woods should be easy enough to hide in should we be forced to retreat." Iego wasn't in Sith territory yet, as far as she knew. But it was surrounded by three sides of it. So they'd have to be careful.

Curtis continued his cooking, seasoning the fish. It had begun to smell quite good, for ship food anyway. [member="Loreena Arenais"] spoke of Iego, and he wondered how the Sith Empire hadn't already conquered it. He really was out of the loop.

"Do you have a map of the territories?" He asked, looking over to her. If she did, then he could find a way in. His codes still worked after all. "Wherever we go, we won't be able to mask our presence long". Was he letting on more than he should've? Maybe, but if they were going to hit Sith Space then he needed to be able to trust her a bit more, and the same went for her.

He knew he could get them into a lot of places, but without her finding out he was a Sith? Now that was a different question all together.

Lori's tummy grumbled in response to the smell of dinner cooking. After having that little spar, she had apparently worked up an appetite. Perhaps [member="Curtis Learchin"] did too.

"I can get one. Hold on." She got to her feet and slipped out of the kitchens to head over to her quarters. She unlocked the door and stepped inside, glancing around her messy room before going to her dresser. On top of it was a bunch of clutter; things that she had picked up on her journeys. But among all of that was one of her datapads which she gathered and brought back to the kitchens with her.

"They are probably too busy focusing on the north. I don't think that they have any enemies to the south, do they? So we might have more time than you think." Or so she guessed anyways. As far as she could tell, the Sith only focused on what they deemed a threat. Everything else was forgotten. Big egos were like that.

Curtis wiped his hands and walked over to [member="Loreena Arenais"], looking over the map she had brought through. He'd managed to keep some contact with the Sith Empire, at least to their territory records. Hers confirmed what his sources had told him, large expansion and more hostilities.

"The south it is then, but I wouldn't bank on it being too quiet" He choose his next words carefully. "From what I know of the Sith, they'll likely be watching for any aggression along their southern border. The Silver Jedi are practically on their doorstep."

He then went back to his cooking, his mind bounding through everything they could encounter. Perhaps his blurred allegiance would finally come in handy. Only time would tell.

Lori nodded a little in agreement. [member="Curtis Learchin"] was right. The Silvers were right there. But...as far as she could tell, the Sith were focused elsewhere.

"Well, we won't exactly be going in hot and aggressive. We can just sneak on in. How about New Alderaan? That could be a good place to gather some info? Other worlds nearby hardly have any life on them. We could just be doing a supply run or something. This ship's logs will show that well enough if they access them for verification." She just hoped that her surname wouldn't draw any red flags. It shouldn't. But one never knows.

Curtis thought for a moment, weighing the options. [member="Loreena Arenais"]' idea was the best one they had, and she was right about the ship's logs. Sith protocol wasn't as strict as some may believe, as long as you could prove your intent. And his access codes could be used if need be, but only in the most dire situation.

"I agree, we should be able to mask our true intentions long enough. And if not... well, that's why I'm here" He joked, giving Lori a smile. This plan was a bold one, and it would be the first time he would be returning to Sith space since joining his new captain. Regardless, whatever information they got could be useful. To both the Jedi and to Curtis.

He still had one Sith on his list after all.

Lori snickered. "Yes indeed. As my bodyguard, you should be given the chance to guard my body." Oh gosh that came out so wrong! But maybe [member="Curtis Learchin"] would understand that she was just trying to make a play on words. Of course it wasn't as though she didn't want to see him in action...

"Is the fish ready yet?" Classic change of subject. What else would be expected of her? Lori just smiled sheepishly at him.

In truth she couldn't wait for their adventures to start; together. Nothing else really mattered.

Curtis couldn't help but smile at her comment, though he may have interpreted it differently than she would've wanted. He dragged his mind out of the gutter, focusing on the fish. It was almost done, some seasoning and then they could eat. The dual and what had come afterwards had worked up his appetite, and from [member="Loreena Arenais"]' questioning as to whether it was ready, it seemed she had too.

"Patience young one" Curtis said jokingly, throwing her a wink. "A few more minutes". His mind still lingered on their proposed mission, specifically one detail. What if his master appeared? He hadn't been seen in months, but if he were to come back... Curtis would be killed for sure, and if not... Well he'd be made an example of in some regard.

But that connection to his master was still useful, Curtis had been his only apprentice at the time of his disappearance, maybe he could use that if they got caught.

Curtis Learchin Curtis Learchin

Lori smirked playfully a little as [member="Curtis Learchin"] told her to be patient. "But...but...I'm hungry." And then she pouted a little, followed by the batting her of eyelashes as she tried to look as sweet as possible. That pose lasted merely a few seconds as she then ended up bursting out with laughter.

And while Curtis was busy thinking ahead about their mission and his concerns therein, Lori was thinking about how he was looking after her. She had never been looked after in such a way before. Her mind drifted to them being in some battle where she got hurt, only to have Curtis help to nurse her back to health. Oh that'd be really dreamy and enjoyable; given that all of his attention would be on her.

Just the thought of that would really do well to have her sleep at night.

Last edited:
After a few more minutes, the food was finally ready. Curtis lay the fish on two plates, and took them to the table, placing Loreena Arenais-Valhoun Loreena Arenais-Valhoun ' plate gently in front of her. He took his to the opposite side of the table, and sat, his eyes meeting hers.

"Dinner is served, m'lady." He said with a smile, realising just how hungry he was. The sparring match had really taken it out of him. He would wait for her to start eating though, it was only polite.

"Does your droid want anything? Oil change?" He joked, glancing towards the cockpit.

Lori grinned and wiggled in her seat a little, snatching up her utencils in excitement over this meal. The fish smelled delicious and she couldn't wait to dig in. Her eyes held Curtis' gaze for a moment, almost as though she was trying to tell him 'thank you' through telepathy. But she wasn't skilled in that yet, and so she started to eat.

When he asked about Arla, Lori snickered. No doubt the assassin droid had overheard and she knew that Curtis would have to be careful while he sleeps. "Arla will be fine. This is really good. I think that I'll have to keep you on as the ship's cook. You cook better than me, anyways. Lucky for Arla she hasn't had to suffer with it. Where'd you learn again?"

Curtis paused for a second, contemplating whether to lower his guard or not. If Lori was starting to care more for him, then maybe he could let some things slip a bit. She was right though, the fish was good, he'd done a damn good job.

"Back home on Dathomir, I had to learn to be self-sufficient pretty quickly. It isn't the most peaceful of places" He replied, wiping his mouth. His mind drifted back to his home, and the times he'd had there. It wasn't perfect for sure, but nothing ever was for an orphan. And he had pleasant memories of the planet, mostly of his adoptive family, the one that the Sith had destroyed just to get to him.

"I could teach you if you'd like?" Curtis offered after a moment, giving Lori a smile.

Loreena Arenais-Valhoun Loreena Arenais-Valhoun

Lori continued to eat while he spoke of where he learned to cook. There were times when both her Mom and Dad taught her some, and not long after that she learned some cooking from the Mandalorians. Learning from Curtis would also be beneficial. It was also a good excuse to be near him more.

"Oh yes please. Maybe I could teach you something too. Umm...do you mind heights at all? I could teach you how to fly with a jetpack." Lori perked up with a grin. She loved to fly. It always made her feel free.

The idea of using a jetpack was an enticing one, Curtis had to admit. Being able to soar through the air, unleashing lightning from his fingertips... It gave him an almost childish glee.

"Now that would be fun" He said, grinning widely. The more time he could spend with Lori the better, plus he got to fly around. That would be a lot of fun. "So I'll teach you to cook, and you teach me to fly. A fair trade" Curtis said with a laugh. He was glad to have met Lori, she had opened his eyes in a way.

Lori grinned even more as Curtis Learchin Curtis Learchin agreed to let her teach him how to fly. "Wicked! I'll let you use Ol' Sparky. That's what I named my jetpack. He's fairly reliable! I'll use my Escape Boots to fly alongside you some."

She finished her meal and then pushed her dishes to the side, before she leaned against her elbows on the table and simply stared at him in an almost dreamy way. "I'll have Arla be sure that we refuel on a planet suitable for us to practice on." But what to do in the meantime, she wasn't too sure. All that she knew was that she wanted to spend more time with him.

"The two of us flying together? Sounds like a recipe for disaster... Let's do it!" Curtis replied with an uncharacteristic enthusiasm. Truth be told, he'd always wanted to fly in some way, and ships didn't give him relief from that fantasy. Maybe this would. At the very least, he could be with Lori, and that was more than enough reason for him.

"Wherever we land, it might be nice to get off the ship for a little bit" He remarked, looking into his captain's eyes. Was she more than that now? He thought so, and hoped she felt the same way.

Lori just grinned as Curtis Learchin Curtis Learchin seemed just as eager to go out flying as she did. And with Arla not really being able to tag along....It was perfect!

"Imagine the two of us going after our enemies from above! They won't know what hit 'em!We could even soar low to the ground." She reached out and took his hand, holding it gently. "Then we could bowl them over with our arms. When wearing armour, of course." Lori needed to get her own set of armour some day. But she liked the spacer look.

"I assume you mean armour heavier than what we currently have" Curtis asked jokingly. "I don't think we'll be knocking down much with a set of clothes and a single armoured gauntlet" He motioned to wear his armour sat, its gauntlet shining a dirty silver in the light.

All this talk of fighting was getting Curtis a little worried. He knew that the choice on who he would fight for would come soon, the question was who he would choose. A battle would be coming for sure. Old masters would fight against him, or his newfound lover would.

Lori snickered. "Of course! I'll get my own armor some day. I can't get beskar yet as I've got to earn that. But phrik would do well!" She had the funds and the idea of what she wanted. All that she had to do was make it a reality.

Her attention was drawn to Curtis Learchin Curtis Learchin as his mood seemed to change. He was pondering something. She could feel that he was hiding something, but Lori didn't plan on pressing him as to what it was. "Are you alright? You look a bit worried." She reached out to take his hand, her brows furrowed with concern.

Curtis looked at Lori with a weak smile, wishing that his life wasn't so entangled. If he'd met her sooner, maybe he would never have been taken by the Sith. He was grateful for the training, but the Sith weren't widely loved by anyone, and being with them put them both in danger.

"Just some ghosts of the past, nothing to worry about" He lied, his finger tapping against the table. He hated this, but he knew that being honest could get her killed, or worse. Besides, she had her own problems to deal with, and he didn't want to add to them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom