Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

In the Danger Zone

Lori hopped down from the cockpit of the Jaster's Sparrow, movin towards the crew lounge. Arla was at the pilot's controls, steering the ship on it's next course that the young Captain had provided her. It wasn't going to be an easy mission, but a more personal one.

She stood at the entrance, watching [member="Curtis Learchin"] with her arms folded across her chest while he seemed to be cooking. The newest crewmember said that he would do so, and here he was, doing exactly that.

After another moment, she stepped further inside. "Hey there. That smells lovely...I've got Arla taking us further east. I haven't quite decided between a couple of destinations. Maybe you could help me choose?" Of course Lori didn't go ahead and blurt them out just yet. Both of them were bound to get a big reaction from him.

Curtis was in the middle of filleting fish when [member="Loreena Arenais"] walked in. For once he wasn't wearing his armour, but a more casual attire that was easier to move in. He missed the weight of his normal getup, but the gauntlet got in the way of delicate work. He wasn't expecting to be asked to help decide where to go, usually he just let her make the choices.

"Of course Cap'n, just let me clean up a bit." He said, more joyful than usual. He had noticed that lately, he wasn't as brooding as previous. Her influence no doubt, not that he was complaining after all. He quickly washed his hands in the sink and covered the fish so that it wouldn't go off. "So what have you got in mind for us today?" Something about her was different though, like she was keeping something from him.

Part of him wondered if anyone in the Empire had noticed that he was gone. After his master had gone into seclusion, Curtis had been left to his own devices, but he had always signed in every so often. His last contact was weeks ago. Not that he was a big player amongst the Sith though.

Lori nodded, watching as [member="Curtis Learchin"] cleaned himself up. He looked good without his armour. It made her wonder what he had felt like too, and what his body temperature was against her own.

Focus, Lori!!

She snapped herself out of her thoughts so that she could respond to him. "Well it's not so much what we'll be doing today, but what we could be doing later on. I've been given some news about my Mom that I wouldn't mind checking out. However...I've also been thinking of going into Sith territory for a bit of intel." Both were dangerous, but the second equally moreso. The intel that she wanted was about someone very specific to her family. If she could rid the Galaxy of a certain Sith Lord, then maybe it would help her parents.

Of course the mere mention of going into such dangerous territory was sure to get Curtis to freak out.

The idea of going into Sith space with [member="Loreena Arenais"] was an unsettling one. It would be his first time back in the Empire's domain since he left to join her, and the likelihood of him being found was much higher there. On the other hand, going to her family presented another problem. He knew that some of them were Jedi, and him being there might tip them off as to his origins.

"Both sound worthwhile, but in my mind, family should come first... unless you're looking to impress." That was the best answer he could give really, and as long as he was with her in Sith territory, at least he'd know that she was safe. "Although, isn't that why you're bringing me around everywhere? To impress people?" He said with a wink and a smile.

Both of the missions would be fun at least.

There it was. She saw the flicker of fear in [member="Curtis Learchin"] 's eyes when she mentioned both options. Of course such responses were what she was expecting anyways, so it wasn't as though it was entirely a surprise.

Family came first. He was right on that front. However her family stretched across two different portions of the Galaxy. Most were in Silver Jedi territory. And the other....up near the Mandalorians.

The small quip from Curtis about impressing people caused her to drop her arms and tuck them behind her back while she shifted her weight on her feet, glancing down at them briefly as she tried to hide the small blush to her cheeks. "You are impressive. But then again...you should be. Because you're my bodyguard." Lori stepped forward a little, closing the gap between them somewhat. "I didn't just hire you for your looks though. You have...many skills. And who knows? Maybe I could use them to my advantage." She grinned and pointed to the fish. "Like cooking for me when I just don't feel like doing so myself!" Yes, that was EXACTLY what she had meant. Yup. Exactly.

Curtis smiled and laughed, dropping his head for a second before raising it again to look her in the eyes. She was sweet, and he fought the urge to get any closer to her. She was still his captain after all. And like she said, the fish was his main priority right now.

"And to think, I almost thought that you were flirting with me." He said with a wink and a smile. "Well as your glorified chef, I say we go hunting for Sith." He paused as he thought. He had a score of his own to settle there, but that could wait for now. He would find the Sith who had killed his clan, and he would make him suffer for it.

And then he found his hand grasping hers gently. There was no denying that he was close to her, even if the feeling wasn't shared. She calmed him, despite the darkness that raged within him. Maybe he could learn something from her.

[member="Loreena Arenais"]

Oh why did [member="Curtis Learchin"] give her that look? It was almost a smoulder. And it looked so...so...cute! Especially when he laughed.

"Me? Flirt? Well as your captain, I shouldn't do anything of the sort." She smiled and winked, wanting to say that as his friend she could flirt with him, but she refrained, just in case Arla was listening in. That assassin droid was protective of her, yet Lori wasn't certain just how much she was.

She nodded as Curtis made his decision on where he figured they should go. "Let's go hunting then." He took his hand in hers, causing her eyebrows to raise while she looked up at him. She placed her other on top of his while she softly held his gaze. "We can go over the details after we eat...if you'd like." Her voice was soft too as she just felt some sort of pull towards him. Was this a Force Bond happening or starting? Or was she merely just developing a crush that seemed to be mutual? Right now both seemed good enough for her at this moment. Maybe it didn't really matter.

Curtis gave [member="Loreena Arenais"] a genuine smile, and fought the urge to lean in closer. He cast his eyes back to the fish, and gave a slight laugh.

"In that case, I best get to work... Stay and watch if you'd like." Curtis said, releasing Lori's hand slowly, fingertips lingering. He then went back to work, filleting and seasoning the fish before putting it into the on-board cooker. It would take time for the fish to cook, so the two of them had some time to kill.

That's if she stayed with him anyway. Other Curtis would have to kill the time on his own. Either way, Sith Space would be on his mind. Would he see someone he'd fought with before? Probably not, the Empire at this point stretched across the galaxy, and the majority of its warriors would be defending its borders. Then again, they would be crossing one such border...

The slowness in the way that [member="Curtis Learchin"] let go of her hand gave her the inclination that he wanted her to stay. Well that was certainly a good sign! "Sure thing."
Lori took a seat at the table and propped her arm up, resting her chin in her hand as she watched him cook. Compared to her, he was an expert as she hadn't cooked a fish before. Sure she had eaten some, but never prepared it herself.

"Have you ever heard of [member="Darth Prazutis"] ? I think his other name is Lord of Lies or something like that. He's the one I'm after. He hurt my Mom and my Dad. No doubt he'll keep doing it until he's stopped." And by stopped she of course had meant that he'd be dead. No doubt there wasn't a prison in the Galaxy that could hold him.

Curtis paused physically this time as the name rang through his mind. Of course he knew of him, he was the second most important figure in the Sith Empire. Curtis had never encountered him directly but his master had for sure. More than that, he was related to one of his teachers. Searching for him was a suicide mission, for anyone but the most powerful force user. The two of them would be killed with the snap of the Dark Lord's fingers.

"I..." Curtis was at a loss for words, as if it had truly dawned on him that he would likely be fighting his brothers and sisters within the Empire. "Yes, I know of him." He kept his answer brief, focusing on the cooking. If they searched for him they would die, that was for sure. "He's dangerous, more dangerous than most."

His mind wondered as he pondered whether his own master could've stood against the Lord of Lies. There was a potential that he could've, but that didn't matter now.

Lori watched the change in [member="Curtis Learchin"] as she mentioned the name of the one that had broken her family apart. It was obvious that he knew him. Most probably did, moreso than people knew her parents.

"I know, which is why we have to be careful. I just wanna grab some intel first. He's gotta have some weaknesses right? And I need better armour that can protect me from him somehow. And if I can capture him and hold him...that'd be great."

Imagine that? Goofball Lori catching the infamous [member="Darth Prazutis"] and holding him prisoner? Oh how she'd love to get a hold of him and bring him to justice. Or at the very least, make him pay for some of what he's done.

"I'm not going to rush in blind."

Curtis thought for a moment, before answering, still pondering the abilities of his former master. He looked over at [member="Loreena Arenais"] with a slight smile, an idea had formed.

"Yes, you will need better armour... come with me." He said with authority, leaving the kitchen and heading to the cargo hold. The space was large enough for what he had planned. He walked over to a small but long crate, and opened it. Inside sat two wooden polls, roughly the size of a lightsaber blade and hilt. He removed both, and gave one of them a twirl. If they were going to face a Sith Lord, she would have to be up to scratch.

"You want to fight a master of the force, but first I need to know if you can fight me." It would've become clear now as to what he had in mind, and he spoke loud enough that even if she didn't follow straight away, she would've heard him. Today, he would train her as he had once been trained. A hunter, quick and nimble. If he could keep his anger in check, then this would be a useful exercise for them both.

Lori's jaw dropped slightly as [member="Curtis Learchin"] just left the kitchen. She gestured towards the fish, but only the back of him saw that. So she simply got up from her chair and followed him without a word.

She half expected him to have a suit of armour all ready for her. Maybe he was anticipating this? Of course when Curtis opened a crate and took out two wooden poles, she raised a brow. It was a spar he wanted?

Lori held out her hand for the pole. "Alright then. Though I don't have much saber training. Most of my fighting is hand to hand, as well as with blasters. Fair warning." And then she grinned mischeviously. "Are you going to toss it to me? Or shall I take it from you instead?"

Curtis grinned, at least she was willing to learn. Truth be told he had very little experience using blasters, so saber training was the best thing he could offer. Though he was rather good at it for his age. He threw her the pole, knowing full well that she would catch it, and spun his training weapon again. It was shorter than his usual weapon, but he knew how to use it.

"Hand to hand and blasters are useful, but swordplay is where the action is. Why do you think I carry the big staff?" He said teasingly, taking his position on the other side of the room. "First one to make contact wins, best of 3. I'll go easy on you." He stuck his tongue out at her playfully as he took his stance, holding the training weapon outwards towards his opponent.

Lori smirked as she gave [member="Curtis Learchin"] a retort after catching the wooden pole. "Maybe you carry the big staff because you're not so good with a little one?"

She stuck her tongue out at him and then widened her stance. Back on Kashyyyk she had a little bit of lightsaber training in one of her Dad's classes. But not much however as she didn't quite do so well at the Academy. Lori was far too used to doing whatever she wanted and going by her own rules. The Academy was very restrictive.

"Go easy on me? Is that the excuse you'll give when you lose?" She rushed him then and swung low at his right thigh.

Curtis watched, entering a state of something almost akin to peace. His senses heightened, and smirked as the blow came in. A good tactic, aiming for the legs. But he blocked it with ease, twisting the pole so that it caught [member="Loreena Arenais"]'s advance.

"I think beating my captain is a bad idea anyway." He said with a laugh, before lifting his weapon while pushing back at Lori, moving her away without dropping his guard. "The big stick is more fun." He joked, winking at her.

"Well we certainly wouldn't want a mutiny on our hands." She smiled, even as she was pushed back after her first little attack. It was a little one. Lori wanted to test his reflexes. However fighting with a weapon was different than with her fists.

And [member="Curtis Learchin"] was more experienced than she was at it.

Lori rushed him again, this time going for his right side at his stomach in a downward arc.

"Don't worry, I'm not much of a leader anyway." He replied with a smile, as he moved to the right slightly and blocked the strike. The whole point of this was for her to break his defences, land a hit. She needed to know how to get past this kind of defence.

"If I do beat you though, maybe I'll keep you on my crew." He teased, with a wink. The two of them would've been pretty close to each other, an intense yet intimate setting. Combat usually was.

Lori expected [member="Curtis Learchin"] to block. Yet instead of stepping back, she just put her weight forward and pushed herself further into him, pressing her weapon down against his."Oh how lucky for me that you'll possibly keep me."

She smiled as an idea came to mind. Given that they were so close to eachother, she freed one hand and started moving it upwards, as though she was going to caress his cheek, but then she kicked his left shin with her right foot. "At least we know that I'm already keeping you."

The flirt distracted him, and the kick brought him back to the land of the living. He grunted and smiled, now she was getting into it, using what she had to distract and strike at her opponent.

"Now that's just unfair," He smirked, as [member="Loreena Arenais"] pressed closer. He knew he didn't have the same allure, but he was stronger. So with a swift movement he moved to the right, sliding the blade across his opponent's until he was just behind her. He then sent an elbow into her back, hard enough to knock her off balance, but not enough to bruise.

"Your co-pilot isn't gonna try and kill me for this is she?" The thought had only just come to mind, and it was possible. Though hopefully she didn't want to hurt him properly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom