Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

In the Bowels of Bespin

Kay-Larr

Sphaera Tea Company Owner
hpTRYGj.jpg

Kay stared at the message on her datapad, drumming her fingers on her little desk. She had recently been hired as the CEO for Covetous Enterprises, owned by [member="Romeo Sin"] . The message came from Oionos Mining, in particular, from their headquarters on Bespin. One of their classified experimental mining platforms had gone offline. Or rather their science and engineering personnel have not responded to any form of contact. Something must have gone wrong.

Though Bespin mines were mostly used to collect tibanna gas, there was an interest in trying to collect some of the rethin ore that made up the planet's core. The air pressure and toxicity of the planet made such pursuits nearly impossible. But that was a challenge with which Oionos Mining was willing to accept. There were theories that ships with hulls infused with rethin ore could withstand the immense pressures of getting close to small black holes. Such a thing would be valuable to anyone wanting a more private route for transporting anything that they didn't want stolen.

But this experiment seemed to have run into a bit of a snag. Now what? Kay didn't want to ignore this problem, or send just anyone over there. She needed a variety of people with a variety of skills, mainly soldiers, medics for hire. A feeling in the pit of her stomach indicated that foul play was involved. Was it sabotage? Was it assassination by competition? Or was it just the danger of mining in a dangerous environment? There were no calls for help, no indication of a breach in the platform. But that information could be faulty. One thing was for sure, she needed to find out what happened.

Bespin was in First Order space. That posed a bit of a problem. Being that she was a former Republic politician, she could be seen as the enemy. But Kay wanted to see to this herself. She was never one to hide behind a desk or her position. She preferred a hands-on approach. There was bound to be opposition to her going, but she was stubborn.

[member="Ghorua the Shark"] owed her a life debt. Who better to protect her than him on a mission such as this? But plenty more would be needed. There was just too many unknowns. Kay sent word for him to meet her at Oionos Mining headquarters in Cloud City in three standard days, if he was available. Then she sent out word to some of her other contacts to see who would be willing and able to join her on this venture.

(( OOC channel: http://starwarsrp.net/topic/87496-bowels-of-bespin-ooc/#entry1282717 ))

EQUIPMENT: IN BIO
CURRENT MOOD: GRIM

Ghorua the Shark kept his chin up as the door to the outside world opened up on his ship. The behemoth was as massive as ever, wearing his Koodan-Class battle armor snugly, helmet securely under his arm. A small smile parted his lips, but the expression didn't reach his dark eyes. He didn't know what to expect here. Kay's summons had been unexpected. The Shark had almost forgotten he had owed the life-debt to the former senator. Nonetheless, he arrived two days later, sending a message telling her to meet him at the mining HQ.

The ten-foot-tall Herglic kept his emotions hidden under a veil of smug amusement. Underneath, he felt nothing but tense anticipation. Kay had been saving his debt for something big. If she deemed this... whatever... large enough to call on him, it must be dangerous. Was he looking forward to working with the Lady? He didn't know. They had a rough history, to say the least. To say the most, she had probably debated killing him numerous times. Heck, Ghorua would do the same.

He stepped down to the ground, equipment jingling calmly in the breeze. He had a diverse repertoire of gear, for almost any situation. His muscles would handle the rest. His genetic modifications had granted him extreme strength, reflexes, senses, and fortitude. But these things didn't come without side-effects, as Ghorua was now learning. The Herglic leaned against his ship, waiting for Kay, or someone else, to greet him.

- [member="Lady Kay"] -

All Darlyn could think about the entire ride to Bespin was how degrading it was, to have to actively accept almost any job he could that was. This wasn't a bounty, it wasn't even a hunt. It was just a pointless task, mercenary work. The ex sith was mostly on the verge of an angry, violent outburst for much of the ride through space, short as it was. Still, it was plenty long enough he could breathe, and relax. He had to stay calm, no point in complaining. He needed a starship of his own, which meant credits were needed. Any source would do, until proper hunts began to pour in anyways.

He eventually arrived on cloud city, and made his way out onto the platforms. He had, of course, picked up where he was meant to go, as a uniform meeting location was a requirement for such tasks. It was this that lead to thensure main problem, he was early. And that meant requiring to figure out his way there and pray someone was early as well. With a sigh the man headed out, ensuring his hood remained upright.

Within a few hours, he finally caught sight of the meeting location, and there was already someone there, waiting. Having become somewhat familiar with the figure, the darkside hunter lifted his hand in a short wave of greeting to [member="Ghorua the Shark"] as he approached. "I don't suppose you'd have any Tarisian ale would you? Public transportation makes me need to drink."

- [member="Lady Kay"] -

Kay-Larr

Kay got the message that [member="Ghorua the Shark"] was there a day early. That was too punctual for her liking, but it showed that he wasn't very trusting of her. Understandable. She had put a bounty on his head after he stole her belongings when he had captured her. But she figured that was behind them now, especially with their last meeting. This mission, should he do his duty and protect her, would ensure that the life debt was paid and it would no longer hang over his head. She wasn't going to just forget about it. Her late husband wouldn't of allowed it.

Getting to Bespin wasn't too difficult, but that didn't mean that getting out again would be easy. And by the time Ghorua had arrived to headquarters, she was already there, getting supplies organized. It was better to be prepared to have more than enough on hand.

A half hour after Ghorua's arrival, Kay approached from the lift, satchel over her shoulder like always and her hands clasped firmly in front of her. Another had arrived as well, [member="Darlyn Excron"] . Was he a friend? No doubt he had seen her request and had come early to negotiate. She greeted them both with a bow of her head. "Thank you for coming. You're a little early, but that's alright. You look....different from when I last saw you. I hope you've been well."

Kay looked to Darlyn. "I take it that you came for the investigation on the mining platform as well? I am Kay, CEO of Covetous Enterprises. And you are?" No doubt the stranger would have thought that she was an assistant or secretary, but she never really had any of those.

AP-01 slowly stepped off the small transport ship onto the large metal platform, hung miles above in the air in the clouds of Bespin. The only thoughts that plagued AP was about his current situation in the galaxy. Armed with nothing but a rusted Republic rifle, he had to take any offers he got to get off Coruscant, and this Kay woman's deal seemed perfect for his course of action. Get off world, quick and easy pay for a seemingly simple job.

Sounded perfect.

His harsh footsteps echoed around in the largely empty space as he spotted the area where the briefing was supposed to take place. AP creeped towards the small group, a pregnant and silence seemingly stopping the discussion. Dressed in nothing but a torn black cloak, AP-01 felt oddly out of place among the organics, even though he was in the presence of... whatever [member="Ghorua the Shark"] was.

He pulled back his hood and his dark red eye receptors darted between the 3 people. "Greetings. I apologize for my distinct lack of undress." AP-01 muttered, his harsh metallic voice breaking the silent air.

[member="Lady Kay"]

[member="Darlyn Excron"]

Kurayami had seen a call for help with something or other on Bespin. He hadn't been anywhere near sober when he read the description, but he figured he could maybe, possibly do something somewhat useful at least. Plus it would give him a chance to walk around some creepy abandoned place and do some searching for whatever they needed found and get paid. Honestly he should stop browsing 'Help Wanted' sections of the holonet while drunk on Namana liquor. It's how he ended up in places like this. Oh well, he had already made the jump and was closing in on the specified platform.

As he approached the landing area he caught sight and sensed the presence of a few others gathered below already. He took his time to find a suitable landing place for his Amara-class interceptor and set it down with a slightly shaky, but well practiced flare. The back skids touched down first, with the forward mounted one falling through moments later as the craft settled in. He slid the canopy back and climbed down from the cockpit. He wore armored robes, which to many who knew him would seem out of place, however on his back was a T-7 ion disruptor, on his right hip a T-6 Thunderer was holstered and on his left hip hung a lightsaber. Covering his face was the helmet from his Mk. 4 Expeditionary armor. He made his way quietly over to the group, which was likely for the best given that he was still sobering up from his trip over. The 360 HUD was a nice addition to Force sensitivity he had to admit, and sometimes even gave him warning before his senses did. It was nice to be able to keep tabs on the others around here.

He turned his head and looked around himself just to make sure his balance was alright. He seemed to be sober enough at least.

"So ladies and gents, what's the occasion? Some investigation or something or other, maybe it was a surprise party for someone's birthday? Really hope it is not the last because I forgot to bring a gift. Anyways I may or may not have been impaired when reading about this job offer or whatever it is in reality. Any here who care to fill me in? Oh! And where is the lady who posted this in the first place? If she is here I should probably talk to her since she would know the details best."

[member="AP-01"]
[member="Lady Kay"]
[member="Darlyn Excron"]
[member="Ghorua the Shark"]

"Landing permit confirmed. Proceed to Oionos Mining headquarters."
Max flew his ship carefully towards the platform, observing anything of note. He'd seen a call out for some help with an unresponsive mining station. By Lady Kay, nonetheless. He supposed it would be best to take on this mission, the Republic would surely see her as a respectable figure. Besides, Max wasn't exactly brimming with relevant connections.

Bespin was in First Order space, which might have presented some issues to many affiliated with the Republic. This was one of his specialties though, so without anything marking him as from the Republic, he was just a cashed up mercenary to most.

Approaching the platform, Max made his descent. He made a quick final check on the ships' security, then disembarked. "Air isn't too bad" he thought to himself. Such a pleasant place, but at the same time so... Sinister. After finding seeing a group of people talking, Max approached them.

"This the suicide squad for Lady Kay?" he remarked smiling.

[member="Lady Kay"]
[member="Darlyn Excron"]
[member="AP-01"]
[member="Kurayami Bloodborn"]

Darlyn was by far no master in the force, but even he could sense both [member="Kurayami Bloodborn"] and [member="Lady Kay"] within moments. His left hand rose to his head as the headache formed, and helped him to block out the sensation as his right hand instinctively reached into his cloak and withdrew his lightsaber, the weapon remaining inactive as he looked at the two he could feel the Force resonating strongly within. "Left something out in your missive there didn't you? Would've been nice, I would've made sure to drink heavily before walking around someone drenched as you are." He spoke directly to Lady Kay as he said this, sure she would have noticed by now the dark leaning of the force within him. Controlled, much like a jedi, but far from the light. In fact anyone aware of the force by now would realize it, though honestly that wouldn't have lasted long as a secret anyways.

He chose, then, to address [member="AP-01"] and [member="Max Fel"] both. Partly to distract from the headache being around two master level, jedi he assumed, caused him as well as to remain polite. To 01 he gave a curt nod of his head. "Believe me, cloaks are in fashion. I'd say you're right on the curve there." Then he turned to the republic male that approached last. "Suicide squad, well perhaps that's what you signed up for. Me I've no intention on dying just yet. Too many fine drinks left in the galaxy to taste, too many sights to see, too many hunts to complete."

- [member="Ghorua the Shark"] -

Kay-Larr

Kay was a little surprised to see a droid approach, and one seemingly answering her call. AP-01 's mannerisms kind of reminded her of her more advanced droid friend named [member="Ultimatum"] . She trusted him with her life and as long as he continued to rule Mustafar, she always had a place to hide or live if need be.

She bowed her head to him and was about to speak when [member="Kurayami Bloodborn"] arrived. The smell of drink on him was as noticeable as his unbalanced walk. He certainly came well equipped however, which made Kay wonder what he was like sober. At least he had a sense of humour. Her pilot Terrac would get a kick out of him, she was sure.

Again as she was about to speak, another was heading their way. [member="Max Fel"] caught up to them in no time and it was clear that he had come for the investigation. Pretty much everyone was a day early and she had wondered if perhaps she had somehow gotten her days mixed up. But no matter. They were here and an extra day would give them more time to prepare and give them their appropriate tasks.

And then [member="Darlyn Excron"] pulled out his saber and spoke in such a way to almost give her secret away. Kay chastised herself for forgetting to hide her Force signature. As she stood there with a polite smile while he spoke to the other two, she focused on her Force signature and slowly shrunk it down to a small tree nut with the hope that others didn't feel it. Of course [member="Ghorua the Shark"] was well aware, but only a handful of people knew, and she preferred to keep it that way. Still she bypassed Darlyn's comment about her being drenched and misdirected it to imply that he was talking about something else. "Not everyone likes politicians, even ones that no longer hold office, so I tend to leave such minor details out."

Now to address them all. They had extra time to prepare and pack, but the sooner that they all got used to eachother, the better. "Thank you all for coming. I am Lady Kay, the very one that put out the call to which you have all answered. One of our mining platforms near the surface has gone quiet. Our hails through various frequencies are going unanswered. We need to find out why. It could very well be that everyone is dead, but how or by whom or what? I'm sure that you all have a variety of skills and are well used to running into danger instead of running from it. And that's what we need. You'll all be paid well, with hazard pay as a bonus and your medical expenses covered. It shouldn't be long, perhaps just a few days at the most. But we'll need a day to prepare and to see if there are others on their way. So....as you all know who I am, I need to know who you are and what your best at so that I can give you the proper tasks. We all need to be able to work as a team. Odds are, this won't be a walk in the park."

Ghorua had smiled as [member="Darlyn Excron"] had approached. He wouldn't have to do this thing alone, at least. Kay was many things, but a fighter was not ranked high on that list. "Ah! Darlyn! Perhaps after, we'll get something. I'm a little parched myself." There they waited, for what seemed like an eternity. Then, there she was.

[member="Lady Kay"] was as small as ever. But the small CEO packed a bigger punch than most would expect. She was a Forcie, skilled in the healing arts, from what he understood. She was his first bounty, with his old mentor, and now friend. Ghorua had collected on the Lady, but not without repercussions. She had ordered a bounty placed on his head, for reasons little known to Ghorua. Taking trophies from your quarry is a completely legal practice in the Hunt. But, she was bitter, the Shark understood. A few close encounters later, and Ghorua was fed up. They had struck a deal. A life debt was created. Thus, here he was, to stare into Kay's eyes.

Fear flashed in his black pupils for but a moment, but was quickly smothered by his pseudo-arrogance. "M'lady. If I didn't know better, I'd say you were making a pass. I suppose you two haven't met. Darlyn, this is Kay. I almost killed her, she almost killed me, and now we're working together." Ghorua let a chuckle escape his lips, but it sounded slightly strained.

The large hunter watched as more men approached. [member="AP-01"], a droid. Interesting. One didn't see too many independent merc droids nowadays. Ghorua gave him a slight nod. Then, [member="Kurayami Bloodborn"]. Ghorua soured as he approached. It was unprofessional to show up to work drunk. The Shark's heightened senses could smell the alcohol in his bloodstream. It was the thought that counted, however. [member="Max Fel"] seemed much more agreeable. "If you plan on dying on this mission, be my guest." Ghorua smiled nonchalantly, and turned his attention back to Kay.

Ghorua nodded as she finished her little speech. Although he wouldn't admit it, Ghorua had been trying to turn over a new leaf. He had been seeking out bounties that would benefit the populace more than himself. A bandit encampment here, a deathstick dealer there... He had tried. The Shark was tired of being the 'bad guy', the one everyone saw as nothing but a murderer and a thief. "Too bad, I like walks in the park."

He turned to the rest of the crew, towering above them, voice rolling like thunder. "Ghorua the Shark, tactician, terrorist, hunter, muscle. And you all are?"

First Order Intelligence had received word that former Republic Senator, Lady Kay, had been spotted landing on Bespin. The surveillance feeds provided the confirmation that they needed, and the agents present on the planet continued to watch her movements carefully. One such agent was Hyori Tal; she was relatively new to the fold of the First Order, but highly dedicated nonetheless. The ever watchful eyes had also noticed that ships and their occupants seemed to be converging on one point, Oionos Mining operation. It was easy to see that there was something larger at work here, not simply a former senator paying a visit to Cloud City. Kay had notoriety to her name, and the First Order would not let her walk in and out without opposition.

“Agent Tal, proceed to the following coordinates.” A voice spoke into her concealed commlink. Hyori listened carefully to the instructions that followed, her dark eyes focused on the screen of her datapad. First Order Intelligence recognized that Lady Kay could be a useful source of information concerning the mysterious mining operation, as rumors had reached them about strange methods being used there. She was to assist with their investigation and was currently under strict orders to leave the former senator unharmed... for now.

“Understood.” Hyori’s surprisingly soft-spoken voice replied, her boots were already taking her towards Lady Kay’s location.

Hyori was not a physical force to be reckoned with; rather she was a slight woman with speed and silence on her side. Normally her missions saw her moving with the shadows, taking out targets swiftly and secretly. Walking into this operation in plain clothing certainly lacked the subtly that she was used to. Under the layers of her street clothing she wore a thin shadowsilk body glove, but doubted very much that she would need it on this trip, and of course, she was armed. The agent’s dark eyes fell upon the meeting location, the wind played with her dark hair, moving a few strands of her meticulous bob out of place.

It seemed that Lady Kay had arranged to travel with an odd assortment of people; mercenaries she guessed, or thugs... her eyes on the imposing form of the Herglic.

“I am sorry to interrupt.” Her voice suddenly rang out behind them. “I am Agent Tal of First Order Intelligence. Lady Kay, please state your business here.” Hyori addressed Kay directly, as she was obviously the leader.

“And I will inform you that the First Order military is aware of your presence. As we speak, a detachment of Stormtroopers is descending upon this location. I will allow them to detain you and your party, unless perhaps, we can come to a mutual agreement...”

She hoped that this was incentive enough to cooperate. While Hyori disliked working this way, she had to do what was necessary to achieve her objective. And as it stood, the First Order was in a place to benefit from this situation.

[member="Ghorua the Shark"], [member="Lady Kay"], [member="Darlyn Excron"], [member="Max Fel"], [member="Kurayami Bloodborn"], [member="AP-01"]

Kurayami was more focused on who was saying what, rather than what was being said. Or at least that is what his mind told him. Thankfully he was nearly sobered up from the fact that he hadn't been drinking during his flight here, though he had finished about three glasses of the Namana liquor before even getting into his ship. He had just gotten in, set the autopilot for Bespin and tried to sleep off the drunkenness, and it had worked out well for the most part. He was Corellian, give him a little longer and he'd be perfectly fine.

It was about the time that these rambling thoughts were running through his head that [member="Max Fel"] dropped in to ask about some suicide squad. Had Max been able to see Kurayami's face the look of confusion would have been evident. After a moment a small smirk would have been visible.

Oh, a 'suicide mission?' Man, I missed the high stakes stuff. Always fun to go into something where you know your chances of survival rest mostly on your own shoulders. Been a good decade or so since I faced odds that high, I like the sound of it."

The words though simple, made his point crystal clear, while he could work as part of a team he placed each members survival squarely on their own shoulders. Callous? Yes, very but one didn't get where he had through trusting everyone else to carry them through the mission.

[member="AP-01"] was an interesting droid to say the least. Kurayami didn't really have any dislike towards the automaton, but he didn't place much fiath in droids of any kind either. From his experiences with them they tended to follow their programming too rigidly many times, even the ones that were supposed to be able to adapt to changing combat conditions. Only good thing was there was not connection if you lost one to enemy fire. Droids were easily replaced, other people? Not so much.

[member="Darlyn Excron"] may well have sensed his presence in the Force, in fact it was likely as he made no attempt to hide it in the least. He was neither a Jedi or Sith, he utilized both sides as needed to complete his mission and protect those whom he fought with or cared about. Some had referred to him as a Grey Jedi before, others as a Dark Jedi. He didn't care for labels or codes, his tenets were simple. Strength, honor, balance. Those were his guiding principles plain and simple. Though for some reason Darlyn already had his saber drawn. Kurayami's attention turned towards the man trying to asses the threat and what reaction, if any, would be the correct course. It was apparent that even if Darlyn was a Force user himself, and it seemed he could have been, then he had an issue with other Force users. This was too much for a sobering mind to think on so he turned his attention elsewhere.

[member="Lady Kay"] was the one whom he turned his attention to next, and she certainly had a Force signature, though within moments of him sensing it, it was gone. Also a political figure? Well the Force had proven that in the political arena it could be an incredibly powerful ally. He made no comment, wondering if it was simply an effect of the Namana liquor as it wore off. He couldn't remember having that issue before, maybe he had though.

[member="Ghorua the Shark"] did not seem pleased with his presence. Not that Kurayami could blame the shark man, but he didn't really mind. Plus the dude was a shark...so yea not much else to say there. Even with his mind clearing he wasn't sure how to reply. The skillset that Sharky listed seemed like it could be useful indeed, time would tell in the end though wouldn't it?

[member="Hyori Tal"]was the last thing he expected, though she honestly should have been the first. This was the big reason he needed to not drink and take side jobs, he ended up in enemy territory far too often for his liking. He wasn't about to try and charm his way out of this one if she worked for the First Order, plus Raylia would have been pissed that he flirted with another woman just to get out of trouble. He did not like when his girlfriend got angry, mostly because arguments sucked massively. So they were sending a detachment of Stormtroopers, yet she wanted to negotiate terms still? What even was this and why was it happening? Son of a queen, he hated stormtroopers those guys were just plain annoying. The ones that could shoot weren't great at CQC and vice versa. He folded his arms over his chest and shook his head, saying nothing to Hyori about her words.

Looking back to Lady Kay he finally spoke up to answer her question. Especially since he was now fully sobered up, even if it had taken hours or a day, however long he had traveled to get here and then some basically. He was terrible at keeping track of time.

"Pleasure to meet you Lady Kay. Name's Kurayami Bloodborn, otherwise known as Aquila 13. Former CDF member, commando with all standard training and specialization in ranged combat and demo work. Former leader of the Aquila mercenary squadron and ace pilot. Grey/Dark Jedi depending on how you label people, Master level with specialization in Tutaminis and Force speed. Good with a blaster, lightsaber, or the Force. Point me towards them and tell me if you want it dead or alive, I have no issue either way ma'am."

She had asked so he answered truthfully, how others would respond to any of his statements didn't worry him. He wasn't here to impress others, just here to help with the task at hand and make some money on the side.

Kay-Larr

Kay smirked as [member="Ghorua the Shark"] jokingly suggested that she was making a pass at him. Too funny. Since her husband sacrificed himself over ten years ago, she had gotten no more than a friendly kiss on the cheek. Sure there had been a few men that had tried to have a one night stand or add her to their list of conquests, yet she would stop them before they could touch her. Those types of people held very little interest to her. Her life had proven to be too dangerous to be selfish enough to put anyone that she could care for into harm's way. It just wasn't worth it. Having Ghorua there with her however, made her feel a safer. His size and bulk alone made him very intimidating. Hopefully whatever threat was on the mining platform would be intimidated as well.

And then Agent [member="Hyori Tal"] appeared from behind her. Kay turned to face her, clenching her jaw as the woman spoke. The last thing that they needed was further delays or at worst, to be imprisoned for nothing more than being there. Her thoughts went to her brother and Father, both of whom were officers in the First Order. Did they know about this? No doubt her Father would throw the book at her any chance that he got. She was, as he saw it, a sign of failure for him.

"Agent Tal, this is a business investigation and nothing more. We did not come here to be hostile to anyone. There is no need to call for our arrests. My workers are not responding and one of our mining platforms near the surface of the planet seems to have gone offline. So we are merely going to find out why. To prove our honest and fully legal intent, you are welcome to join us with one or two of your comrades if that would make you more comfortable." Of course Kay had no idea of the full extent of the Agent's training, but she could guess that the woman had at least some.

She then looked to [member="Kurayami Bloodborn"] and bowed her head to him. His skillset was noted. Already she was formulating her plan on how to go about with this investigation. But first she had to see what the First Order would decide.

[member="Darlyn Excron"] [member="Max Fel"] [member="AP-01"]

Romeo strode across the hallway, his black shirt drenched in fresh blood that oozed from his own wounds. Suddenly, Romeo had found himself with too many hostilities edging into his life. He had to deal with them some how. Here, Romeo was more of the acting force than the First Order was, and when he had heard that the First Order had taken the planet, he had told the company to relax. This meant [member="Lady Kay"] knew he was on his way to deal with the problematic Order. With new piercings to show him Vahla heritage off, Romeo opened the door the meeting where the Order had already sent someone. One of his own agents present there had told him about the platoon of Stormtroopers coming, but it had only made him laugh. The lights bounced off Romeo's paling skin, a sign of the darkness' taint to his body as he walked in with a aura of darkside energy following off him. [member="Hyori Tal"] was a beautiful woman in Romeo's eyes, the recently risen Sith Lord inside of him no longer had a moral compass as he had removed the light that directed him away from such lustful concepts.

"If I am correct, this lady is a repetitive of the First Order, correct Kay?" Romeo spoke in a cold, and yet soft tone that filled the air around him with heat. His hand lifted cryptically to point at Tal as he smirked. "You know, I have been waiting so long for the First Order to make contact with me...so long." Romeo took a few steps towards the lady. "I am Romeo Sin, a pleasure to meet you." His pointing hand turned open palm for a shake as Romeo obviously did not care that it had blood on it. The man's hair had turned many different colors, white, red, and some black here and there. "In fact, it is a pleasure to meet all of you. I am the owner of Oionos Mining, and Covetous Enterprises. I hope that the end of this day brings with it...much fruitfulness for all of us."

Romeo's eyes glowed, literally, of devilish red hue as he looked at each being present.

[member="Max Fel"]
[member="Darlyn Excron"]
[member="AP-01"]

Agent Tal’s dark and watchful eyes were upon [member="Lady Kay"], she noticed in an instant that her words had brought an air of tension to the other woman, her tightening jaw a tell-tale sign. However, despite the obvious unease, she was somewhat impressed by Lady Kay’s level-headed and restrained explanation. Hyori’s face was most often void of expression, but now she wore one that had the very slightest hint of interest.

Though, her attention shifted when a strange presence joined their party. Hyori’s eyes tracked in the direction of movement, and she let her gaze rest upon the blood covered man. He looked a few pale shades of unwell, perhaps physically as well as mentally. She was by no means force-sensitive like the First Order’s Knights of Ren, but it did not take much to recognize a dark presence when she saw one. Hyori listened as the man spoke, and soon learned that he was called Romeo Sin.

She extended a slender gloved hand and shook the one offered by Romeo, and she did not flinch when her hand came away bloody. The agent merely removed her gloves and placed them in her pocket, blood was a part of her job, but at least she had the sense to make sure she was presentable in front of others. Hyori did not move as he drew closer, but stood her ground, her gaze level with his. A woman of few words, she did not feel the need to greet him formally, and offered him a polite nod.

The clatter of armor became apparent, and a quick glance told her that her military comrades had arrived.

“If you will excuse me,” She said, before slipping from their view and motioning for the commanding officer to follow. It only took her a moment for the two to agree upon a course of action. Hyori returned, her hands folded in front of her in a composed manner.

“Lady Kay, I will accompany you and your party. However, understand that the decision to arrest you does not rest with me.” The agent's tone of voice was deadly calm and her gaze shifted to the armored soldier at her side. The Stormtroopers would maintain a presence here for the time being. This excursion was merely a delay, but it would allow her to learn more about what was happening here, and she would bring this information back to her superiors.

[member="Darth Crucifere"], [member="Ghorua the Shark"], [member="Darlyn Excron"], [member="Max Fel"], [member="Kurayami Bloodborn"], [member="AP-01"]

Good lords of the past, Darlyn was having a rough morning. First there was [member="Lady Kay"] and her sickeningly bright aura, thankfully diminished now, and now it was this Romeo Sin's pulsating darkness. Even as lacking in training as he was it was painstakingly obvious, and began to produce a reaction. Darlyn was, at least he assumed, trying to remain away from his old master as he knew not if he had died yet, and therefore from Sith in general. To the best of his knowledge, Sith were the only ones this drenched in shadow, and it made his thumb itch as it rested just next to the ignition switch of his lightsaber. But... no, he had to try and remain calm. He focused on his breathing, in an attempt to keep from doing anything foolish. He was in control.. He was the master of his emotions, not the other way around.

He gave a small nod and straightened up, acting as calm and composed as he could. Then, he addressed the group directly, "I'm Darlyn Excron. Explosives artist, hunter, duelist, and uh, Electrician I suppose." He almost burst out laughing when he added the last one to his name. In some ways you could argue he was an electrician, though he lacked much in the way of any technical skills. Overloading power conduits, that he could do easily. However for now, he just stood back to watch, letting the others introduce themselves. He was quite curious the qualifications of [member="Max Fel"] and [member="AP-01"] regarding this job.

[member="Darth Crucifere"] [member="Kurayami Bloodborn"] [member="Hyori Tal"]

How many people did this woman bring!? AP-01 thought to himself as person after person showed up to the group, crowding the once nearly empty area. He was immediately drawn to by [member="Hyori Tal"], who seemed to be more of an authority figure observing the party. Based upon what his visual receptors showed him, she seemed to carry herself with an air of authority and power, which gained his undivided attention. Strength was her aura, and AP deeply respected that.

However, the pale ghost that skirted around the corners of his sight stood out in stark contrast to his drab companions. [member="Darth Crucifere"] immediately rubbed him the wrong way. Everything about him seemed unnatural, from his deathly complexion to the fact that he was currently bleeding from wounds that he refused to acknowledge, and the fact that while he felt that he was superior to the rest, he appeared to revel in it. AP-01 did not like being patronized to. However, he felt the need to be polite and keep up an air of respectability. "Pardon, Mister... Sin, but it appears that you seem to be bleeding. May I be of assistance?" He coolly stated, his eyes locked upon Sins tall figure.

"But, to get this out of the way, I am AP-01: Assassin, diplomat and demolitions agent. Use my skills as you wish, as long as I get my payment." AP muttered in a dry tone.

[member="Darlyn Excron"]
[member="Lady Kay"]

Max tensed slightly at the presence of First Order intelligence. That was bad enough, then the stormtroopers came. He kept his hand in front of his lightsaber in the hopes no one would see it, but it may have been too late. "Damn, that was stupid idea. Stupid" he thought to himself. He didn't really know how to use a lightsaber properly, but he had brought it along for presence. It might backfire on him, although seeing how others were so readily brandishing theirs', and possibly from opposing factions, that might have made it a lesser problem. He thought what he may say about himself. Probably no harm in saying his real name, but disclosing his real occupation so openly would be unwise.

"I'm Max Fel. I do...Freelance operative work. Certain things that require more finesse than just shooting, usually. If you happen to find my qualifications lacking, then you can complain to my corpse. Which is to say, probably not likely. That's all there's really to say."

He turned to Hyori with an inquisitive look on his face.

"An why would the First Order try to extort an innocent mining corporation? Sure they contribute to the economy."

[member="Lady Kay"]
[member="AP-01"]
[member="Darlyn Excron"]
[member="Hyori Tal"]
[member="Darth Crucifere"]

[member="Hyori Tal"] took a hold of his hand with a firm grip, instantly gaining his respect as she too ignored the blood. This was good. With a soft smile, Romeo turned to the assassin [member="AP-01"], and nodded in approval. "Please, if you do not mind, AP. I would greatly appreciate it." His mind had taken in all the details happening before him and he had an reaction for every action happening. Even though he agree with [member="Max Fel"]'s words, he had to sto the man there. "Worry not Mr. Fel, they are well within their rights to be cautious of us...and they should be." Romeo winked at the First Order agent playfully. This was the place for his off behavior, but he could not help what he had become, in fact, he did not care what others thought anymore. Taking in a breath of the iron scent of his blood, he moved over to AP to allow him to bandage him up. "You are too kind AP. Do not worry about being easy with caring for the wounds, do what you must. Anyways, I understand the First Order could become a prime partner here at Oionos Mining, that is, in the long run, my goal for our relationship. I just need to know what you need on my side of this notion, if you feel it a very strong possibility Miss Tal. Do you feel that way?" [member="Darlyn Excron"] [member="Lady Kay"] [member="Kurayami Bloodborn"] [member="Ghorua the Shark"]

Kay-Larr

Kay did not expect [member="Darth Crucifere"] to show up. No doubt some of his employees contacted him and briefed him on the situation. She wasn't planning on doing so until she had more information. But it was too late for that now. It had been a few weeks or so since she had seen him last, since she had accepted her position. There were rumours that he had changed, but this was....a little too much. Even though her focus was on keeping her Force signature hidden, she didn't need to use her abilities to be able to see the darkness emanating from him. She didn't like the absence of light.

Her attention was brought back to Agent [member="Hyori Tal"] as she returned. This was First Order territory right now and the last thing that she needed was to start a war. So it was better to work with them for the time being. "Thank you, Agent Tal. We will be heading down to the platform tomorrow at 08:00 hours." Would the agent and her soldiers leave them until then? Kay didn't know. It didn't really matter either way.

She then looked to [member="Darlyn Excron"] and took note of his skills, and even further to [member="AP-01"] . Both would be very useful indeed. It was better to be prepared for anything.

"You'll all get your payment. There's no need to worry about that. And all of your skills are valuable and useful for this mission. There was everything that they needed, or so she had thought.

[member="Max Fel"] didn't quite disclose much about himself, but that was okay. Most were strangers to eachother, herself included, so they all had their secrets. It wasn't for her to pry. Yet his question to Agent Tal caused her to do a double-take. Not wanting to increase the tension anymore than what was already there, Kay decided to answer for the Agent. "Max, I don't fully believe that the First Order wish to extort. I am a former Republic Senator, probably regarded as an enemy in their space. So it is...understandable that they are interested in my purpose here."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom