Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Auction Imperial Remnant: Fire Sale

Status
Not open for further replies.
As a note, these people all seem to own the schematics and are able to sell the ships anyway they please
Manufacturer: Imperial Arms Inc, Crina Royal Ind, Emeritus Ind, Tanlab Ind,
The submission does not explicitly say that it is personally and/or privately owned by T'yr Dellos. It was subbed to be created and sold in Minor Production by these companies. IC legally or not, if you own the plans to something, you can do whatever you want with them. That's the realization. You can not, however, say you made the submission. That would be plagiarism.

But I believe that IAI has all rights to do with the schematics as they please, whether or not T'yr likes it.

[member="T'yr Dellos"] | [member="Alicia Drey"]

Edit: Even if limited by legalities In-Character, if someone made a contract with you, you could still light the contract on fire. The galaxy is near lawless, and with the fall of the Imperial Remnant, well, the authority has fallen as well.

[member="Galven Solomon"]

T'yr Dellos said:
Submission Name: Victory III class Star Destroyer
Link to Submission: Here
Reason for Modification: It was brought to my attention that individuals have been using my submissions without my permission as members of factions unaffiliated with who or what this submission was intended to support. As such, I've created a corporation to handle the IC manufacture, licensure, and distribution of this submission.
Modification:
Manufacturer: Imperial State Hypernautics
Affiliation: Restricted Sales to Imperial Factions

Submission Name: Raider III class Corvette
Link to Submission: Here
Reason for Modification: It was brought to my attention that individuals have been using my submissions without my permission as members of factions unaffiliated with who or what this submission was intended to support. As such, I've created a corporation to handle the IC manufacture, licensure, and distribution of this submission.
Modification:
Manufacturer: Imperial State Hypernautics
​Affiliation: Restricted Sales to Imperial Factions

From over a week ago.

T'yr Dellos said:
[member="Galven Solomon"]

From over a week ago.

This does not show within the submission itself, unless I am blind.

http://starwarsrp.net/topic/58753-victory-iii-class-star-destroyer/

Further more, if [member="Alicia Drey"] has acquired any of these assets in any way shape or form, meaning physical items, you honestly have no say in what she can do with them.

This means, if she has acquired multiple ships that were used by the faction because the faction owner handed them over to her, she could have them blown up or sold if she wants to. If she personally has claim over physical assets.

[member="T'yr Dellos"] | [member="Alicia Drey"]

Example: I have a contract with Seraphina Shel'tah, who is constantly making me droids that I requested made custom. Currently she can, if she wants to, betray the contract and sell to other people or manufacturers. She owns the schematics and legal license of the droids, I own the physical droids that are given to me.

She can burn the schematics or sell them.

I can blow up or sell the droids.

Soon, I will request to purchase the schematics to produce them on my own, which will give me rights over them and allow me to make modifications to the sub, but not her. However, she could keep a copy of them, and make illegal copies.

"Legal" being relative, as you aren't very limited to what you are allowed to do IC (Example being someone from the Black Rose stole ships from Danger Arceau once). Legality only mattering if you are in the same faction, or fear a faction that gives a poodoo.

Galven Solomon said:
This does not show within the submission itself, unless I am blind.

http://starwarsrp.net/topic/58753-victory-iii-class-star-destroyer/

Further more, if [member="Alicia Drey"] has acquired any of these assets in any way shape or form, meaning physical items, you honestly have no say in what she can do with them.

This means, if she has acquired multiple ships that were used by the faction because the faction owner handed them over to her, she could have them blown up or sold if she wants to. If she personally has claim over physical assets.
[member="Raziel"] is being slow on that matter.

The issue is that I am the faction owner of the Imperial Remnants/GE/Siratian Empire (so many fething name changes). And since I never "handed them over to her", she shouldn't have them.

When the ships were initially created, it was under the OOC understanding between myself and Alva (the FO at the time) that the ships were for the exclusive use of the faction and that they were not to be messed with by the faction's individual corporations. The violation of that (and other) agreements by Alva and other un-involved parties is why Alicia, Alva, and friends were kicked out of the faction and its doors closed.

Honestly. It's a mute point. I'm going to be talking to the Factory Admin and probably one or more RPJ's about the issue.

Miss Blonde

Trying to be straight in a crooked Galaxy
[member="Alicia Drey"]

How much will two Aurodium Ingots fetch me on some Victories and Raiders? If need be I have up to six ingots five being valued at one point five billion. Or if the base is still for sale, I'm not sure what's going on with the raiders and victory ships. But if they are good to sell I'm down

[member="Miss Blonde"]

I am only accepting hard currency, although I do have an interest in Sith artifacts or lightsaber crystals.

I am also taking the Victory III / Raider III off sale until the dispute has been settled by the RPJs/Admins.

[member="T'yr Dellos"]

You have admitted you are not/were not the faction owner. [member="Alicia Drey"] stated/has proof that physical assets of the faction were handed to her. You did not personally own these physical assets, did you? If you did not, you don't have say over them. I am speaking of the physical ships the faction had to use at any given time.

If you did personally own these items, and they were apparently handed over to her, she still owns them (illegally, IC illegally). Which, she can still sell stolen goods, and I'm fine with buying stolen goods.

If you did not personally own the items, it's still not like you can say 'you can't do that.' Once an item is produced, even if you create it, and handed over to someone else, they can do what they want with it.

Sad topic: Like slaves. If you sell your slave to someone, for whatever reason, and don't like the way they are treating it, you have three choices
1. Ask a faction to give a poodoo and threaten the owner
2. Ask for them not to do that, and if they reject, you can become hostile
3. Mind your own business

This isn't supposed to be an insult or offensive. Trust me, I hate it as well. But it's roleplay and realism. In real life, you could go to court. Here... you could, but you need an authority to enforce copy laws.

Edit: She can still sell illegal copies of the schematics, which you'd have to take up with her IC personally.

Miss Blonde

Trying to be straight in a crooked Galaxy
[member="Alicia Drey"]

Then I can just exchange the ingots for credits, so I have around more than one point six billion to shop around with. However I do have a pretty little horde holocron, but id need something better than some property for it.

If you make schematics, and give them away to a company, no, you do not have say over the submission. The companies (or the company owner) has say over the sub and modifications. At least, this is realism.

The board Admins could totally not be into that. I agree, youj did a lot of work to them and I understand how you would feel to lose such items. But unless this was contracted production, to share the schematics so these companies could build them, the legal matter would tilt towards Alicia, giving them say. Meaning if you did not hand the schematics over, if you created this and allowed companies to produce them, not own rights to them originally, then they are your say.

You can not give something away, and say it is yours, give it back.

It's a real law, that if you gift someone an item, ownership goes to the giftee, not the gifter. Taking it away from them is stealing.

| [member="T'yr Dellos"]| [member="Galven Solomon"] |

The combined points that Galven and I have given you, T'yr, are all factual. However, as a token of respect, I have taken the Victory III / Raider III off sale until the dispute has been settled by the RPJs/Admins, who have been contacted, by me.

[member="Miss Blonde"]

Sure, no problem. Until the legality over these ships have been solved, they are off sale currently. But I am making improvements to the catalog, as more Imperial Remnant tech passed over to me has been found through the legions of factory submissions. As for the holocron, what knowledge does it possess?

Galven Solomon said:
[member="T'yr Dellos"]

You have admitted you are not/were not the faction owner.
I am, and was, the Faction Owner. Being on a LOA does not change that role. And during the time of that thread, I was back from my LOA. I might not have been all that active with this character, but I was back all the same.

Galven Solomon said:
3. Mind your own business

This is my business. As my OOC intellectual property is being violated by Alicia Drey's idiocy.

Galven Solomon said:
If you make schematics, and give them away to a company, no, you do not have say over the submission. The companies (or the company owner) has say over the sub and modifications. At least, this is realism.

The board Admins could totally not be into that. I agree, youj did a lot of work to them and I understand how you would feel to lose such items. But unless this was contracted production, to share the schematics so these companies could build them, the legal matter would tilt towards Alicia, giving them say. Meaning if you did not hand the schematics over, if you created this and allowed companies to produce them, not own rights to them originally, then they are your say.

You can not give something away, and say it is yours, give it back.

It's a real law, that if you gift someone an item, ownership goes to the giftee, not the gifter. Taking it away from them is stealing.
http://starwarsrp.net/topic/78365-imperial-state-hypernautics/?p=1156026

Description:
Based solely out of the Sirat Wen system, Imperial State Hypernautics is a nationalized corporation that specializes in the design and manufacturing of state of the art warships for the Siratian Imperial Navy. Operating a number of orbital shipyards throughout the Sirat Wen system, ISH is but one of a number of similar corporations that keeps the Imperial war machine turning. ISH maintains a large corporate headquarters office on Sirat Wen Prime as well as a number of satellite offices throughout the planet and operates one of the largest remaining ground-based factories on the planet. The primary and secondary shipyards of ISH orbits Sirat Wen Prime. ISH is also allotted partial use of the TIE Fighter construction facility that orbits the planet.

Also owned by the company is a small luxury resort on Sirat Wen Prime's moon, a crystal mine on Golgatha Beta, several Tibanna Gas platforms on Golgatha Prime, and a number of mines and factories on Titana Alpha. Using these and other resources, Imperial State Hypernautics manages to create starfighters and warships that are comprised 100% of materials gathered and manufactured in the Sirat Wen system.

The company specializes in fast, durable warships that excel in close quarters combat. Pioneers of the use of the G-32 Evasive Alusteel Frame and Hull design, as well as the minds behind the AR-0B Dallorian-Arginium Alloy plating, Imperial State Hypernautics is known for only manufacturing top of the line warships and favors a duel-layered armor and shield design to ensure their warships are capable of withstanding hostile fire as they close with the enemies of the Siratian Empire.

While ISH's greatest claim to fame is the often imitated Victory III design, the corporation is also responsible for a number of less known products ranging from state of the art turbolasers to finely tuned hyperdrives and ejectable ionization and hypermatter reactors.
Alicia Drey's company only manufactured individual components of the ship. No one company, originally, was entirely responsible for the manufacturing process of the ship.

| [member="T'yr Dellos"] |

Idiocy... Hm, okay.

| [member="James Justice"] |

//To James Justice.

A total sum of 4,420,000cr has been credited from your account and transferred to Imperial Arms Incorporated. Thank you for your purchase.

P.S You smell.

From Alicia Drey, CEO Imperial Arms Incorporated.\\

[member="T'yr Dellos"]

"I chose to leave"

Were your exact words, am I wrong? No, it isn't your business if you willingly gave away 'plans' and if you did not have personal ownership over the 'physical items.'

Anyone can create something, and they can give it away. Alicia is not claiming she made these plans, therefore no plagiarism or violations are being committed, you're just upset and getting emotional out of the toy you worked hard to make and not being allowed to say what people can do to it.

As I said, I agree, but facts are facts. If the admins side with you, don't expect similar for courts to side with you. I can go without Victory's. I'm just stating facts.

Personal attacks and/or insults will get you nowhere

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom