Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I'm So Angry I Missed the Battlefront Beta!

I cannot describe to you the awful fucking day I'm having.

But on top of that this happens:

All weekend I've been enjoying my time with my girlfriend before she goes back to college until thanksgiving, so obviously I've not been palling around on Xbox.

Come monday, I discover that there is a beta for Battlefront FINALLY! I've had that game pinned to my dashboard for months waiting to pre-order it or something. I also discover it was supposed to end today, but they decided to extend it. Awesome! So I started to download when I got home on my xbox... and it literally took so long to download I eventually fell asleep. No big deal right? It's supposed to end on Tuesday. I didn't realize they meant, literally, once Tuesday begins, it's done.

So that's the story, of how I've literally been whining at the TV "No!" repeatedly as I gather more and more confirming evidence that I've missed the Beta. Now I have to uninstall something I waited hours and hours for, for nothing.

It was the only thing I was looking forward to today.

[member="Fatty"]

Hey...HEY! Snap out of it man, c'mon!

Battlefront will be waiting for you in just over a month to play forever and ever.

So we missed the BETA, well I say it will make opening and playing the game for the first time even better!

:D

since I was bedridden and told to keep relaxed, I got the the beta and actually quite enjoyed it. Walker Assault has some balance issues in favor of the Empire, but I've always felt that any battle on Hoth in any of the Battlefront games was skewed to the Imperials, just like Endor is for Rebs so I didn't truly mind that at all. Visuals and sound are great though :D

I played it and was very underwhelmed. There is alot of things this game will be lacking from its predecessors. The game itself is pretty fun but I got bored after a few hours. I'm probably going to wait for a price drop.

@Joriven

You make a good point. I worked as a beta tester at EA years back...wanting to say in 06 in their Sports division at Tiburon. Anyways, one of the most popular games at the time came from there...the Madden series. I was a tester for a time on that title and I have to say that when we had regressions on the previous builds, I noticed that honestly not all that much changed between builds. Since then I have been a bit leery of EA titles, and while I am looking forward to the game very much, I too was not overly impressed. Whereas in the previous iterations of battlefield 3rd person was as good or better that 1st person, this time around it feels like an afterthought. The controls didn't feel responsive enough in either mode.

P.S. My mention of my time at EA isn't meant to sound cool on the internet or make me seem like I have a more valid opinion, only to give a bit of history as to why I'm wary of EA games since then.

That's why I don't bother with Betas. Big downloads and then you can only play it for so long. Waste of time. I've pre-ordered mine a while back already. I'll enjoy it in full once the real game is out. It will be worth the wait. Just crap though that they got rid of story mode. I always like a good story. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom