Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Invasion I'm On A Boat [OS-Republic Invasion of Manaan]

Location 3: Ahto City
Objective: Return to Ossus.
Allies: [member="Corvus Raaf"] | [member="Kana Truden"]
Enemies: None

Music:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SWF1r_45820
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Smiling wide, almost in a laugh of joy, Sera watched as master [member="Corvus Raaf"] lept onto the ship in a magnificent show of maneuverability. She nodded as she situated herself, but the feeling of joy slid from her face as she watched the Jedi master feaverishly grab for the marine's datapad, and began tapping away rapidly. "Master? What is it? What's going on?" The look on Corvus's face made Sera uneasy, it wasn't like her to look like this. Is she...scared of something? She snapped out of her thoughts when Corvus asked her of her wounds. "There's some deeply buried shrapnel, it's going to need extraction, but if you can stop the bleeding, it's better than swimming in my own bodily fluids until we get to safety." She laughed, her speech was half joking, half entirely serious.

As they were readying to take off, Sera noticed [member="Sanya Val Lerium"] leap aboard. Surprised, Sera greeted her as she sat and spoke addressing her wounds, "A pleasure to meet you, Sanya." She winced at the pain but allowed her to continue as they lifted off.

Still lying on the floor looking as the cool metal was most comforting to her, Sera looked out across the city. It's...Obliterated. Buildings everywhere had fallen, there was smokestacks rising from every direction, blood covered the streets like paint. The confetti and glitter a grim reminder of the happiness enjoyed not so long ago. Some soldiers tended to their brothers as they made their way back to wherever they were ordered. Sera squinted her eyes as they passed over head of another Jedi. Is that...It is! "Pilot, circle back immediately! We have another to pickup before we dust off!" Sera pointed below toward [member="Kana Truden"] . She looked to [member="Corvus Raaf"] and anxiously shouted, quite possibly screaming, "Master Raaf! It's Kana! We need to get her! She's hurt!" She coughed, the taste of raw blood filled her mouth as she spit. She was overjoyed that Kana was still alive. They needed to get her aboard and leave, quickly.

(OOC: Retroactively editing my post to incorporate Sanya, I posted two minutes early!)

Sanya Val Lerium

Neutral, Queen of Her people, Neko
[SIZE=10pt]Location: streets of Manana [/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]Objective[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt]: transport prisoner [/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]Allies:Corvus Raaf,[/SIZE][member="Seraphina Shel'tah"]
Enemies: Bucket heads & the one sith

Puzzled to why the sith didn't attack sanya moved her speeder towards Corvus, when the holocom went off."Jedi Padawan Shel'tah requesting immediate medical EVAC; Ocean pickup necessary, just east of Ahto North bridge." Seconds later a republic dropship had flew over her to collect Seraphina, I flew down to the nearest dock to where it would be landing after.

As sanya came in closer she swooped under the bridge looking to her left master Corvus was on the landing pad and boarding the dropship. Sanya had set her self down at the edge of the platform and ran towards the dropship and up the ramp. the first face she saw was seraphina's and her condition wasn't grate passing Corvus that was looking at a datapad something had shocked her, but questions will have to wait a moment.

moving with haste to the back and getting the medical kit, sanya spun around to sit next to the injured twi'lek, she opened the box and got a few items out to clean and dress the wounds "this may sting a little." wiping the dampend cloth over the wounds sanya could see on seraphina's face that it hurt and she was gritting her teeth together "I'm sorry. it will be over in a second"sanya pulled out a small pice of shrapnel careful to make sure it didn't cause further injury, so tge wound could dressed with clean dry cloth. With the been injuries taken care of Sanya introduced her self "I'm sanya by the way." it seemed a wired time to do so but it was something to keep her mind off the discomfort.

Sanya looked over towards Corvus, the light in the ship had began to get darker as the ramp lifted up, but I could still see Corvus was in shock still... it must be bad.

Objective: No idea
Allies: [member="Meeristali Peradun"]
Enemies: [member="Darth Carach"] [member="Matsu Xiangu"]

Sarge tilted his head, then fired another pair of rounds; closer, this time. Even if the shrapnel wouldn't do damage, they were still, in effect, the bullet version of a grenade. Concussive force would do the damage shrapnel would not. "You mistake me for someone who wants to give you that option." He retorts. "The Republics failing is its kindness. You cannot fight violence with restraint and win the battle." The only thing keeping him restrained was the fact the generator was probably about to shut down... and the fact he wasn't about to blow it up.

Case in point? All the Jedi being captured all the time.

Idiots.

Wouldn't happen if you just killed the Sith. The high road was for when you could afford to take it, not for when your back was against the wall. Another pair of rounds were fired before a Force Push was sent out to knock the pair into the generator.

This still didn't feel right to him.

Objective: Control.

Allies: Beta Team - [member="Darth Nephthys"] | [member="Matsu Xiangu"] | [member="Vrag"] | [member="Reverance"]

Foes: Republic/Jedi | [member="Sarge Potteiger"] | [member="Meeristali Peradun"]

I’d be very grateful.” the Sith Lord replied. “If you would stop shooting in the general direction of the generator.”

That was the worst thing about being an illusion. You weren’t actually all that palpable, unless you provide just that extra umpf to the equation and Carach was already doing enough to also separate a portion of his concentration and power to do that. So the shrapnels and the concussive force didn’t do a lot of damage to the two Sith Lords apparently standing in front of the generator.

Easily hidden, of course. But the moment he also added a Force Push to the equation… well, Carach didn’t actually consider mimicking that in the illusion. So either Sarge would think that they were uber-powerful and immune to a Force Push, or he’d finally underline the notion that something wasn’t entirely right here.

The Voice of the Dark Lord didn’t help the situation one bit by adding the following. “You know, keeping it stabilized is hard enough without physical damage constantly threatening it to go boom.”

While they had their little conversation and a little before that Carach had almost completely integrated himself into the inner-workings of the construction. He wasn’t entirely in control yet, but he was far enough that pulling out right now? Would probably mean that the generator would go kaboom, and go kaboom real hard.

He wouldn’t want to be here if that happened.

Objective: Deny
Enemies: [member="Darth Carach"] [member="Matsu Xiangu"]

Sarge stared at the people in front of him.

Definitely not right.

Taking a few steps to his left, he looked around the beam of the generator towards the control room, then lifted his weapon and fired a single shot again. Whatever glass was protecting the control room was about to blow in. Hopefully said windows would be armored enough to make the generator safe, meaning the explosion itself wouldn't be enough to ruin the controls. That might backfire.

But he was playing guesswork here as he wasn't familiar with Manaan.

Objective: Exercise Control.

Allies: Beta Team - [member="Darth Nephthys"] | [member="Matsu Xiangu"] | [member="Vrag"] | [member="Reverance"]

Foes: Republic/Jedi | [member="Sarge Potteiger"] | [member="Meeristali Peradun"]

Shots fired, silence reigned.

Again inwardly Carach had to curse, that entirely too close for his liking. His left ear was hurting, didn’t bleed, but he could hear a distinct peeping sound that really shouldn’t be there. But he wouldn’t betray his position just like that, not yet at the very least.

A remote sound would be audible to Sarge, a scuffle somewhere to his right, behind some crates or whatever.

Carach’s writer didn’t have the exact schematics of the battleground.

In the end… it mattered little though, a few more pushes and pulls, and that was that. He was know in complete control over the system, could disable the generator right now if he wanted to. But that was the point… he really didn’t want to do that, not because he cared for the lives lost, not really.

Oh, it was on his mind, but sacrifices had to be made. No… it was simply a waste, he would do it if Sarge and the Republic at large forced his hand, but perhaps there was a better plan.

A voice would ring out, coming from all directions at the same time. Quiet, stoic, responsible. Carach’s voice without the usual boredom, sarcasm or malice.

I am tired of this game, Sarge.’ he would finally say. ‘Took me a while, but I am in control over the systems now.’

Again a sigh.

Answer me one question and then we can finish this. Do you fight for those who cannot protect themselves? Or do you simply fight for the fight?

Objective: Sup
Enemies: [member="Matsu Xiangu"] [member="Darth Carach"]

Sarge looked around for a moment before returning his attention to the control room. "I fight so others don't have to, because half the people in this galaxy wouldn't know which way to point a blaster. All I've ever been good at is killing. That is my trade. Better me than someone who's better with a sewing needle." There was nothing, relatively speaking, to shoot at.

He'd play this game for a few moments.

He could always leave if he got bored.

Objective: Control.

Mhm. Interesting dilemma.’ the voice said, more mumbling really, but same difference in this particular situation. There were a couple of ways a man could get around when he gets caught up by reality and all the nasty things that came with it.

Some would threaten, others would goad, a few would stall and most would head-rush into the fringe of battle. But Carach did something entirely else, instead… he spoke the truth.

It was a demented truth, of course. A truth from his own perspective, flawed, probably corrupted to a high degree. But a truth nonetheless and those were often worth more.

Not that Sarge would actually know it was the truth, or believe it anyway. He was facing a Sith Lord and punching labels on people was a sad, but real thing in this cruel world.

I have a dilemma of my own, dear Sarge.’ the Voice of the Dark Lord would finally relate. ‘I am a man of principles, you might laugh and they might be skewed, but principles they are. Efficiency, lawful conduct. I dislike squandering, and sinking this city without offering an alternative is simply that, extravagance without thought.’

The Sith pondered before continuing.

A fair bargain, then. You will take your leave and bring a message to the Republic to leave the planet. At least that way, no more lives will have to be taken and perhaps they will be able to regain the world sometime in the future.’

A fair bargain for the Sith involved.

Carach doubted Sarge would even consider it, but one… always had to give the option. It had to do with principles, even a Sith Lord should have some of them, otherwise who would follow - when they were constantly fearful of treachery?

Another sound would be audible behind Sarge.

Enemies: [member="Darth Carach"]

Sarge turned his head to get a measure on the noise behind him, expecting there to be Vong or Sithspawn or something else. "I will do no such thing." He retorts. Efficiency would have been contacting the Republic himself, not having someone else do it for you.

Location 3: Ahto City Proper-North
Objective: Destroy the Hyper-Buoyancy Generator
Allies: [member="Darth Praelior"] [member="Xhexania"]
Enemies: Republic

With the battle of epic proportions raging down below, all the death, pain and suffering positively made the Dark Side more powerful than the Chiss had ever experienced. Dozens of thousands, civilians and soldiers alike, drew their last breath as death embraced them. Their passing further empowered the Dark Side and made its users more capable of successfully establishing a connection with it to draw energy from its vast power. Every fibre of Alaki’s body pulsed with excitement as the Dark Side poured into her body, making her feel invincible. So sweet, so intoxicating, so dangerous and corrupting… only the Dark Side offered such sensation, and the Padawan was hell-bent on taking it all in, opening her body and mind to the enemy of the Light Side, as if trying to eradicate all remnants of her Jedi past that still resided within her.

Seated in a dropship headed towards the homeworld of the Selkath, the Chiss meditated and savoured every bit of the Dark Side, feasting on the pain of dying men and women on the planet. The bits and pieces of her Jedi self cried and screamed that she should be horrified and do her best to stop the Sith, but Alaki completely ignored those voices speaking of the Jedi Code and Tenets, quickly silencing them by drowning all non-Sith inside her in the Dark Side. While not a Sith yet, the teenage Chiss definitely was not a Jedi! She knew that, she had tasted the power of the true Sith and could never go back to her former life. Not that she wanted; the way of the Jedi was foolish, restraining, completely wrong and idiotic!

Being a part of the reinforcements did wonders to the girl’s confidence. The ever-present fear of dying that bordered on hysteria was finally silenced, knowing others have already softened the Republic forces on the planet. That, plus not many Republic puppets wore the cursed beskar armor. The chances of survival were very high and Alaki was happy for that. Besides, the sentient crystal in her lightsaber, named Lord Vader, wanted to poke one of the Republic soldiers and finally kill some living things, not just training droids.

Several bolts scorched the ship’s plating and made the soldiers accompanying Alaki cringe. Their fear was even greater than her own and provided her with an excellent source of emotion to sacrifice to the Dark Side. Nevertheless, despite the distress that could be felt in the presences radiating from the soldiers, the pilot had managed to keep his vehicle under control and brought it down for a safe landing. As the door opened, the Chiss opened her glowing eyes and inhaled the salty air, the smell of the sea overpowered by the stench of burnt and rotting corpses all over the place. Lord Vader detached itself from her belt and found its way into her right hand, resting in her firm grip.

Jumping out of the ship, followed by the small group of six One Sith troopers, Alaki stopped moving the moment her feet touched the ground, feeling familiar presences in the Force. Lord Vader had undoubtedly recognized them as well; Darth Praelior and the Sith Acolyte they have met a few times. Flicking her head in the direction of those signatures, she spotted the two Sith, swiftly following them through the hole, the soldiers reluctantly following her.

“Hail, Lady Praelior!” the girl said politely, yet carefully, also offering the pink skinned woman a bow, “It is an honor to meet you on the battlefield.” The towering Zeltron did not care about the Chiss’ Jedi origins, which certainly made Alaki happy to meet this Sith in particular and not one of the purists. “And greetings to you too, Acolyte.” Sly smile crossed her lips, she did not like the arrogant Acolyte, yet could not deny her prowess as a Sith. “Allow me to accompany you.”

Objective: Objective 1 (support Darth Carach and Matsu Xiangu)
Allies: [member="Darth Carach"], [member="Matsu Xiangu"], [member="Darth Nephthys"], [member="Vrag"], [member="Darth Praelior"]
Enemies: [member="Kana Truden"], [member="Sarge Potteiger"], [member="Meeristali Peradun"], [member="Sam Jhovna"], [member="Spark Finn"], [member="Qun Vell"]

PC - Reverance
Gabriel tilted his head as the Jedi strutted away, seemingly dissuaded from further endeavor. Truth be told, he hadn't expected that to really work, given that he hadn't been given an update in some time, the current predicament in the generator room was unknown to him. But that wasn't what was really important to him, right now, it was the tranquility of the planet that surrounded him that gave the Sith Lord brief pause in the dropping of his force shield. A wounded animal still exhales and inhales to the last breath and a city seemed capable of a similar gesture, agonal respiration reverberating through the structures as metallic things dented and duracrete things became smaller duracrete things. Gabriel let out a sigh as he placed the lightsaber back to his backplate, lifting his arms in the air in a short show of pandiculation, the throb of his leg slowly capturing his attention. And as soon as notice took hold, a signal cut across his mind in a tone that he recognized. A brush of red against a world of white, it struck in ways that he couldn't have predicted. Suddenly, the words "Help me..." and "Please..." came across his vision, still framed imagery floating about in the backdrop of the world. He knew it was her, she was the only one that was in tune with him in such ways. But he couldn't locate her, a bat with mouth shut and pushing hard to use the tympanic membrane, he couldn't see the origin. But something made him feel as if he didn't need to, he just needed to go where he last remembered her walking. And he was burdened with the knowledge of Darth Carach's plan before hand. Sometimes, when you walk through a house, you don't really need to see to know where you're going.

With a blast of speed, he cleared the bridge and then the hallways, inspecting the damage incurred by his Vong, before passing through both blast doors with relative ease. It seemed, based off the noise and laughter, that the fight had progressed further into the installation against the precipice of destroying the generators. That wasn't his concern, he seemed blinded with a sort of anticipation that forced him hard into the enclosed facility unburdened by his normally fashioned focus. Given the situation, he may yet find it once more, but for now, he remained fixated on finding her. And given where he was informed they would be, he merely let the layout of his mind take him as he wrapped the force about him to conceal his presence and physical stature. A handy trait born from a mercenaries occupation in days long passed.

As he found them, looking upon [member="Darth Carach"] from afar, he folded his body into the shadows at a distance. Wasn't his plan to ruin a good thing, but more to provide support, as the Hand was meant to do. He winced, as he was forced to wait, reaching out to [member="Matsu Xiangu"]. He ate of her pain, knowing that she had already consumed far too much. There were limits to what the body could endure, even for the Lord of Pain. He was typically vehemently against speaking through the force. But special circumstances existed in this situation, ones that required a certain...delicate gesture.

<<I'm here...>>

NPC - Vong - does it really matter how many now?

The Vong did what they did best, continuing the ruinous defamation of the city generators with strikes against the surface in thud bugs and blast bug propellant. But a few had separated from the group, some sort of ruckus a decent bit out of the way was distracting them from the task at hand. So when [member="Sarge Potteiger"] thought he heard some Vong around him, he was right, as they were lying in wait with exceptionally poor espionage skills. One on his left, two on his right. The left struck out with acid from the amphistaff, looking to distract the monster as the other two lunged out with hardened amphistaff, striking at what they hoped was his turned back. Fuel cells or batteries, need to put the thing down. And they knew the weaknesses of machines just like any good Vong taught of the devils way. For God and Kin, they would happily sacrifice it all to destroy such an abomination of steel and madness. And they would laugh while doing it, not exactly the best route for sneaking up on someone.

Objective: Leave
Enemies: [member="Darth Carach"] [member="Reverance"]

Sarge turned, then realized what was happening. Part of pushing through enemy lines meant risking being enveloped. He'd been enveloped. That was a problem... just not for him. One on his left, two to his right.

One left.

Two right.

His armor was entirely sealed, so he wasn't in the least bit phased by the amphistaffs. He'd used one himself in his younger days; few knew of his connection to the Vong. The one to his left was gifted with a pair of Bolter rounds towards the chest, while he was quietly grateful for the fact he'd already started his turn. That would keep the thickly armored battery out of harms way for the time being as he brought his halberd around.

Light flashing from the blade, he used it like he used his preferred weapon; a quarterstaff. Held in a ready grip, it came around to block the striking weapons before pistoning the haft into one before transitioning into a slice for the other. He wasn't necessarily concerned about where the phrik force-weapon hit, only that it did in some capacity. There was a third to worry about, which meant keeping him in mind.

It also meant he needed to get out of here, and so he transitioned back towards the way he'd come in, ready to fight his way back towards an entrance he knew was clear, especially since the Sith were funneling in the others. Republic reinforcements were on their way, and would distract most. But they wouldn't distract all.

Fighting retreat.

Advancing backwards.

Keep the Vong in his field of vision. He'd do what he did best - block, parry and dodge until an opening came up. As a saber duelist, he'd probably have been called a master of Soresu, but he didn't care about lightsaber forms. All he cared about was fighting his way; the way he felt comfortable.

That was the only way you knew you would win.

Objective: Objective 3 - Eliminate the Sith fleet; command ship

Allies: [member="Keanu Shan"] | [member="Camellia Swift"] |

Enemies: [member="Alicia Drey"] | [member="Mordecai Zambrano"] | [member="Darth Arcanix"] | [member="Harley"] [member="Melakoth Tyrin"]

Initial Republic Fleet – 1510 metres
(Blue is shield strength, green is hull. Shield recovers slowly each post when not under attack.)
1 x Redoubt Class Cruiser – Adamant. With upgrade package52 Interceptors. 26 interceptors
0/0 DESTROYED
1 x Metellos Class Frigate – Liberator. 64 fighters. 39 fighters.
90/100 +10
1 x Dorin Class Corvette – Cornet. 0 attack craft
0/0 DESTROYED
1 x Taboon Class Corvette – Torrent. 24 fighters. 16 fighters.
90/100 +10
2 x Jabiim Class Corvette – Splinter, Outrider. 8 fighters each, total 16.
70/100 +10 Splinter 5 fighters
90/100 +10 Outrider 4 fighters
Total: 156 attack craft. 90 attack craft.

Republic Reinforcements – 6500 metres
1 x Remembrance Class Battlecruiser – Destiny. 24 fighters.
56/90 +15 -31 -5
1 x Warhammer Star Destroyer – The Ebbing Heart. 60 fighters, 12 bombers. (Commanded by Camellia Swift)
96/100 +10
1 x Avenger Assault Star Destroyer – Righteous. 12 bombers. 7 bombers
100/100
2 x Azalus Flak Frigate – Dart, Javelin. 0 attack craft.
0/85 Dart -24 -15
100/100 Javelin
2 x Metellos Carrier Frigate – Swiftsure, Radiant. 52 fighters, 12 bombers each. Total 128.
100/100 Swiftsure 10 bombers
100/100 Radiant 8 bombers
Total 188 fighters, 60 bombers. 37 bombers

Grand Total Both Forces: 344 attack craft (gunships and dropships not included)

On board the bridge of the Destiny, Admiral Stahlmann bowed his head solemnly as he saw the Adamant’s final charge.
“May the Force be with you, Captain,” he murmured.
Then he was back, sentiment forgotten. “Sir, enemy shields are down!” an officer called.
“Press the attack! Order the Ebbing Heart and Righteous to execute the Crossed Scimitars manoeuvre.”
“Enemy fighter coming in!”
“Bring the Javelin, Swiftsure and Radiant in closer, concentrate all defence guns on the enemy. I want none of them to break through. Bring in all interceptors. Have the fighters from the Patrol Fleet arrived?”
“They took casualties from enemy flak, but they are ready for action.”
“Send them in. We need to stem the tide.”

And so the defence batteries of the Destiny, combined with the three escorts, combined with the surviving fighters from both fleets, clashed with the Vong fighters. Those fighters, disrupted by the GAM, would be on an even footing against the Republic vessels. Outnumbered, the Republic could not prevail, but they could cause losses, keep the enemy from the flagship, and generally do damage of their own.
The Vong fighter’s weapons which could penetrate shields did do so, but their attacks against such a large ship caused limited damage now the Republic flak was ready and waiting. How many Vong fighters were still around, how many were lost in this attack and so on was not known, but it certainly seemed like there was a lot of them still!

XXX

Seemingly ignored by the Sith, the Righteous and Ebbing Heart moved into position. It helped that the Immortal was now virtually immobile. It could turn, certainly, but only slowly. With its shields down, it was also vulnerable, armour or not, to persistent, hammering broadsides.
The Crossed Scimitars tactic was quite simple. The two Republic Star Destroyers moved slowly along the vast Immortal’s sides, firing turbolasers, ion cannons, warheads and hypervelocity cannons into the great ship. At near point blank range against an immobile target which couldn’t fire back, it was like target practice.
The Immortal was a big ship though, so they focussed their fire on certain areas as they became available; shields, power feeds, hangers etc.

The best part was what happened next though. As they reached the stern of the Immortal they took a turn and both passed by its wounded stern in opposite directions, the Righteous going low, the Ebbing Heart going high so they passed one behind the other, raking the Sith ship’s stern all the way, and making sure the engines and shields there were permanently scuttled.
After that they simply headed down the opposite side of the Immortal, now heading towards its front.
In this case, the Righteous headed down the left of the Immortal, swung around its rear and headed down its right side, but heading forward. The Ebbing Heart did the opposite.
Then they would reach the front left and right of the Immortal, they would simply turn about so they would repeat the process. Even the Immortal could not survive this sort of punishment for long….

XXX

Meanwhile the unfortunate Dart was not having a nice day. Being hammered by a larger ship’s full attention, it evaded as much as possible, but soon its shields were penetrated and it was taking heavy damage.
However, it was leading the Dark Blade away from the battle somewhat. If it wanted to finish the ship off it’d have to give chase.

XXX

Whilst the Destiny endured waves of fighter attacks, it too continued to hammer the Immortal. Rather unfortunately, as it had begun its descent under the big Sith ship it had been targeted by, for the first time, the fearsome Proton Cannon. Fortunately the ship had been dropping past and caught only a less than full impact, but still the shields were dropping noticeably.
This combined with the accurate fire of the other Dark Blade was becoming something of a concern.

Still, the Destiny was beneath the Immortal again, firing up at the unshielded ship with its thousands of various cannons and dozens of missiles.
It then took a sharp turn and came straight up the vertical plane on the flank of the Immortal, timing it so that the Republic’s own ships weren’t there, and continued the bombardment, weaving a slow circle above the Immortal so it could continue to fire at it.
It did this on the side of the Dark Blade firing at the Dart so it wouldn’t expose its belly to fire.

XXX

The Patrol Fleet, thankful that the Dovin Basals had stopped, had moved forward to continue engaging the Wake and Tombstone directly, whilst also trying to add their flak fire into the fighter melee.

SUMMARY:
  • MC180 deploys GAM again, moves forward all available fighters and interceptors along with mainfleet escorts to counter Vong onslaught. Still takes damage however.
  • Avenger and Warhammer slowly move down the left and right sides of the Immortal, blasting it all the time, cross over each other at the rear and head down the other side. At the end they wheel 180 degrees and begin to repeat it again.
  • The Dart gets a hammering by the Dark Blade but tries to lead it away from the main battle so if it wants to continue targeting it needs to turn away from the battle.
  • MC180 gets a brief pummelling from the Immortal, a longer one from the other Dark Blade. However, it climbs upwards, blasting the flank of the Immortal, then settles in above it to hammer it from above. It did this on the side Genjix is on.
  • Patrol Fleet escorts continue to fire on Wake and Tombstone, add their flak fire to the central melee.

Vaudin Miir

Planetary President of Iktotch
Objective: Get off my lawn
Enemies: [member="Vaermina"] and company
Allies: [member="Sarge Potteiger"] and whatevers

Vaudin aimed his attack sub toward the city. The comm chatter was saying the Sith had gathered and his people had things under control. The single ship broke away and he drew on that feeling in his gut they called the force as he streaked to the southern aub bay. It was time these karkers got of their lawn.

The Hound

T
Objective: Watch for Neph
Enemies: [member="Vaudin Miir"] and whatevers
Allies: The One Sith...

He had spaced out, a vision had paralyzed him. He came to, his hand still outstreatched as if plowing through permacrete and stone with the Force was still an action worth doing. Shaking his head for a moment, the hound tested the Force, something did not smell right. The powerful Force user he had just encountered seemed to be coming back this way.

Another Forcer was on his or her way. Preparing for the worst he drew one of his sabers, its white blade coming to life with a subtle snap-hiss.

Objective: 1
Allies: [member="Reverance"] [member="Matsu Xiangu"] [member="Darth Carach"]
Enemies: [member="Sarge Potteiger"]

NPC Post (For the forces under [member="Slate Estrada"])

The aerial bombardment rained down on the buildings held by the Blackblade Guard. They had apparently been ordered to bomb the city into oblivion without discretion - which was both good and bad for them. Yes, they would eliminate some of the Blackblade forces... but collateral damage and the sheer volume of collapsing and exploding buildings would also take out any of their own Republic forces in the vicinity as well. Not only this, but Vaas' rooftop anti-aircraft infantry never stopped firing their rocket launchers, which meant that they too gave as good as they got, destroying a good number of Republic aerial support before they themselves succumbed to the bombs.

"Overlord Vaas, we are getting hit from the air," A frantic message came over the comm system as Vaas was infiltrating the generator room.

"Fall back to the protection of our artillery and establish a line on the northwest edge of the city," Ludolf responded. He would let the Republic gain some ground. If they pursued, then they would meet the Blackblade infantry with the full support of their own tanks, which would even the stakes much more. At this point, his infantry was involved in merely a delaying action. What was happening inside the generator facility was far more important. "And tell your men that we have captured the Grandmaster of the Jedi Order. That should provide them with a sufficient morale boost."
Vaas smiled as he relayed the message of [member="Darth Vornskr"] to his own troops.

Full PC Post:

By now, Vaas had followed along the trails of the Yuuzhan Vong to enter the generator facility. It seemed as though the only enemy in sight was [member="Sarge Potteiger"], who was now executing a fighting retreat amidst forces of Vong just before Vaas arrived. The Overlord ducked low, assessing the situation in the generator room before advancing further. His eyes darted between [member="Reverance"] and [member="Darth Carach"], wondering what was about to happen next.

Vaudin Miir

Planetary President of Iktotch
Objective: Get off my lawn
Enemies: [member="Vaermina"] and company
Allies: The Galactic freaking Rebulic

Vaudin docked quickly and pulled his shotgun out behind him as he climbed from the seat and hopped to the side. His twin MT-14's hung from his hips as he popped open the breach of the double barrel over under. His big hands moved deftly as he looked at the shells slide into the cjamber. A Vong diver trooper slid out of the water behind him as he pressed the turbolift call button.

The vong lifted his amphistaff and slowly crept forward as Vaudin rested the weapon in the crook of his left arm. His right hand shot down like lighting and pulled the blaster as he turned and fired a single shot. The crimson bolt flashed and quickly spanned the distance between them to collide with the vong's forehead. Vaudin's blaster slid back into the holster before the Yuuzhan Vong had finished falling to the deck.

Ding!

The turbolift opened and vuadin stepped in to be quickly lifted toward the surface of the city. His eyes narrowed as the lift stopped and the door alid open to reveal a Sith with a white blade standing 20 meters away. He stepped out of the lift and rested the shotgun near his hip before he whistled loudly at the man.

"Hey kark stick!" He said before one barrel errupted in a puff of buckshot and smoke.

Objective: Leap and bound to the broken Southern entrance.

Allies: Big Blue [member="Dralshy'a"] | Some Republic people
Enemies: [member="Matsu Xiangu"], The Hater | [member="Darth Vornskr"], The Kidnapper | OS Folks

The saying in the lower parts of Coruscant was – “Haters gunna hate.” And it fit well, she could feel the presence of [member="Matsu Xiangu"] and her weakened state. Weakened or not, Matsu was still dangerous and still a threat. She still had the means to kill and no doubt the countless lives that fell near her presence were attributed to the fact that she was a crazy being who needed to be ended – right then and there. Aaralyn would push off the broken duracrete, ignoring the blasts of plasma as they shot by her form. One Sith troopers in the rear guard attempting to stop her from advancing.

She didn’t care for them, they weren’t her goal.

Somewhere, she felt [member="Kiskla Grayson"]’s presence moving but in an odd manner. The woman who was like a sister to her was being hauled off? Why? She would come to a sliding halt ontop of the rafters of the broken South-Eastern side of Ahto City, her gaze quickly searching the horizon for any sign of a ship. She would curse and growl as she took a knee and reached out through the Force, her hand rising towards the Eastern area of the generators. She could feel the death that wreaked havoc through the air, taste the smoke that broke the blue skies of Manaan with puffy clouds of black – and there she felt the faded presence of [member="Kiskla Grayson"] but she was unable to touch her. Why? The answer would come a split-second later…an overwhelming strench of darkness shrouded the light that was the Grandmaster. The darkened presence moved swiftly towards the East, but why was he carrying her? She didn’t have much time to be a damned question everything for the sound of an incoming dropship caught her attention and Aaralyn cursed. And she was on the move again, leaping into the air from her kneeling position and landing a few dozen meters forward in a painfully crouched position.

Rinse and repeat, and a sprint in between – She didn’t have much time, she wouldn’t make it…she could see the dropship swooping in to land in some makeshift landing area. She could feel the presence of Kiskla entering that damned ship. She reached out with the Force, stretching as she might to reach the ship with her presence in the Force. Her outstretched hands would ache as she felt the ship within the Force. She could feel the lingering essence of [member="Kiskla Grayson"] and [member="Darth Vornskr"]. She felt the frantic emotions of the pilots as they began their lift-off procedures.

Her heart began to race, her emotions began to run rampant as the vessel lifted into the air. She could visualize herself grasping onto the vessel, as if it were nothing but a toy. The muscles in her arms tensed, veins would protrude against her skin as she gripped onto the shuttle as it began to lift off with such a force – she actually moved forward, her boots screeching in protest. Her teeth gnashed together as she imagined Kiskla to be in some sort’ve pain, perhaps worse, her eyes squinting together tighter as she heard the engines roar louder in an attempt to shake loose this foreign clamp.

Her amethyst eyes would open suddenly and see the vessel no less than 200 feet off the ground, straining against the pull of the Force. Aaralyn’s teeth would clench tighter, her jaw muscles tensing to a point of painful resonance through her face. “I can’t, let go!” She cried out against howling engines and buckling metal beneath her feet.

OOC - Prediscussed, no real changes beyond just...fun

Objective: Return Home
Daughters: [member="Lara Zambrano"]
Foes: [member="Lira Dajenn"], [member="Sabena Shai"], [member="Sopher"]

Gentle hands held the one true good thing that he had brought about in this great, big galaxy. Both the Jedi near him and his words seemed to heal her. To grasp her hand just as the tiniest finger lost its grip on the ledge. Mordecai's soul had leaked everything from within. He could barely say any more, for he hath sinned the greatest one of them all should this precious girl succumb to the Force.

"So do not despair, my dear. For within my hollowed existence, I watch, I pray and I will sing to you at your darkest moments. So struggle, struggle like you've never struggled before."

At last, it was done.

That blue eyed, blonde locked girl that had aided him in his hour of need had also been his enemy. A person who had been deemed so wretched and vile by his sovereign that he sought to exterminate her kind from existence without so much of a blink of an eye. And she had delivered his lost love to him from the grip of Hell itself.

Lara settled herself in his arms a tad, shifting just a mere inch with a pained expression on her features. The Dragon Lord cast fatherly eyes on her with something of a tiny smile. Emeralds rose to land upon [member="Sabena Shai"].

"Your name. Tell me your name." He was honorbound to ask this of her.

The Dragon Lord shifted to grab his helmet and slipped it back on, immediately contacting the medical crew and ordering them to his location with a mere glance of his eyes at the HUD.

Location: Above Manaan, in formation with Admiral Stahlmann's Fleet, aboard the Warhammer Destroyer: The Ebbing Heart

Objective: Eliminate the Sith Fleet/Command Ship

Allies: [member="Friedrich Stahlmann"] [member="Lira Dajenn"] [member="Sabena Shai"] [member="Keanu Shan"] [member="Sressechka"]

Enemies: [member="Darth Arcanix"] [member="Alicia Drey"] [member="Mordecai Zambrano"] [member="Melakoth Tyrin"]

Child's play

Camellia could only frown as losses mounted on the Republic side, but all the same the Sith were playing a very poor game. They were going after too many different targets without direction. No concentration of their forces on important sub-classes of ship, no dedicated fire on the most dangerous target, the Immortal was now a sitting duck, with lots of guns to be sure, but sitting still nonetheless. it was almost painful to watch the full volley of turbolaser fire and dotted explosions of numerous warhead impacts along the hull of the massive dreadnought. The Sith ought to have deployed their fleet to defend its weakpoints, but then having been caught between fleets on two fronts they really didn't have an easy option to go about solving that problem. Still, if it had been her, the Rendili woman would have deployed the carriers and a few support craft against the picket fleet from the start and turned the Darkblades and Immortal with a defensive screen of corvettes and fighters to handle the Republic fleet.

However, she wasn't Sith, and the Commanders who did fight for the Sith had long messed up their best chance. Now the Republic Fleet had intermingled within their own, and their dreadnought was being destroyed by three ships of comparable size, though not strength judging by that massive energy weapon the juggernaut just clipped the Remembrance with. The MC-180 would hold though, at least until the Sith flagship was destroyed, and then while it continued standing it would have the strength to at least aid in damaging a Darkblade, which in a Three on one battle would be short lived and would lead to the same end for its sister ship. It was set in stone. It was the determined end the moment the Sith had made the mistake of diverting their attention as they had.

And as the crisscrossing pattern continued for the scimitar formation alongside the Avenger, their heavy guns hammering away at the critical and now unshielded components, Camellia couldn't help but smile wickedly knowing the fallen would have peace soon. Especially since her ship's shields had regenerated in the lull from the Darkblade's attacks.The dog fighting going on between the fighters and vong craft though was quite the stale mate with the vong coordinator blocked off the and the fighters engaged through thick flak on both sides firing on each other. "It won't be long now Admiral."

Summary

-Continued scimitar pattern
-Firing into the Immortals hull, targeting component lines
-Shields recharged
100/100
100/100

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom